Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

if you're hoping for a hexflawless (31/31/31/31/31/31) adamant spread, unfortunantly you're not going to be able to get one with an adamant nature (Modest, calm, timid, and docile all can be hexflawless). in pprng, try setting min iv for spa at 0 and max at 31...you should be able to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 adamant spread

Last edited:

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Hi Everyone,

I have been using PPRNG 1.15 to RNG in Generation 5 and it has been working well so far, so I thought I would try in Generation 4. I have RNGed in Gen 4 previously, but that was using RNG Reporter. I think I have the principles figured, and will play around until I get it right but there is one thing I am stuck on.

I am aiming for a flawless IV spread but the nature I want in adamant, which I will need a synchroniser for. When you generate the possible seeds on the right of the results (as per the screen shot below) seem to show which frame to hit for Method J Pokemon, and then also Method J with a Synchroniser that was successful and a synchroniser that wasn't successful.

View attachment 51956

In the seed inspector I have found the frames for Method J and Method J Sync Failed (where they are not 'None' on the results) by selecting Stationary as the Frame Type and Adamant as the Synchronise nature but I can't seem to find the frame where the Synchronise was successful - the frame it states on the result is indeed a synchronised frame but the IVs are not flawless (or anywhere near flawless)

Is there anything I am doing wrong or anything I need to take into account when synchronising a nature? Apologies if I'm missing something completely obvious
Because Adamant cannot be hexaflawless using Method J :)

EDIT : uh ninja'ed...

if you're hoping for a hexflawless (31/31/31/31/31/31) adamant spread, unfortunantly you're not going to be able to get one with an adamant nature (Modest, calm, timid, and docile all can be hexflawless). in pprng, try setting min iv for spa at 0 and max at 31...you should be able to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 adamant spread
Because Adamant cannot be hexaflawless using Method J :)

EDIT : uh ninja'ed...
That explains that then! Thank you for confirming

Just out curiosity why do the results show that the natures can be synchronised on the hex flawless spread? Shouldn't the J Sync column on the results in the screenshot on my the previous post show 'None'?

That explains that then! Thank you for confirming

Just out curiosity why do the results show that the natures can be synchronised on the hex flawless spread? Shouldn't the J Sync column on the results in the screenshot on my the previous post show 'None'?
it's just the way the software works. when you search a hexflawless spread, only those 4 natures show up. but the program still thinks that the nature can be manipulated with a sync, although it cant.

there are instances that you can get other nature hexflawless spreads (chained shiny theoretical, wondercards), but those are special circumstances.
also, in gen 5, as PID is generated separately from IVs, any nature can be hexflawless in a capture

I guess what im getting at is that for normal rngs, you must abuse TID/SID for a shiny spread. But, for CST, as youre guaranteed a shiny, you dont need to rng an ID/SID to get a shiny.
So my question is for CST, since PID is set according to the IDs, must one must RNG an ID combo in order to achieve the desired PID

sorry im having a hard time phrasing it haha
If you care about a specific PID (like 0xDEADBEEF for a shiny Miltank) you will obviously need to abuse your ID, for just IVs+Nature it depends on how specific you need it, there's a good chance Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 is possible with whatever ID combo you have now, Quiet 31/31/31/31/31/0 less likely.

Just out curiosity why do the results show that the natures can be synchronised on the hex flawless spread?
It doesn't say that, the issue is you're trying to apply 5th gen mechanics to 4th gen RNG. 4th gen sync doesn't change the nature of a spread, it changes the spread to one with the right nature.

it's just the way the software works. when you search a hexflawless spread, only those 4 natures show up. but the program still thinks that the nature can be manipulated with a sync, although it cant.

there are instances that you can get other nature hexflawless spreads (chained shiny theoretical, wondercards), but those are special circumstances.
also, in gen 5, as PID is generated separately from IVs, any nature can be hexflawless in a capture
If you care about a specific PID (like 0xDEADBEEF for a shiny Miltank) you will obviously need to abuse your ID, for just IVs+Nature it depends on how specific you need it, there's a good chance Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 is possible with whatever ID combo you have now, Quiet 31/31/31/31/31/0 less likely.

It doesn't say that, the issue is you're trying to apply 5th gen mechanics to 4th gen RNG. 4th gen sync doesn't change the nature of a spread, it changes the spread to one with the right nature.
Thank you for explaining, I'm glad I didn't spend weeks trying to figure it out anyway! :)

Which games are the easiest to RNG your TID in? R/S (dead battery), D/P/Pt/HG/SS, or B/W/B2/W2? I'm guessing it's the 5th gen games, but I thought I'd ask to make sure.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Which games are the easiest to RNG your TID in? R/S (dead battery), D/P/Pt/HG/SS, or B/W/B2/W2? I'm guessing it's the 5th gen games, but I thought I'd ask to make sure.
Probably 5th Gen. But [since you don't seem to mind which gen it is] as I assume you're just wanting to do it so you can nickname things in your Gen 6 games, it also gives you more options for getting shinies and different natures + IVs on the same TID/SID combo, which is probably more important than how hard doing the RNG is.

Probably 5th Gen. But [since you don't seem to mind which gen it is] as I assume you're just wanting to do it so you can nickname things in your Gen 6 games, it also gives you more options for getting shinies and different natures + IVs on the same TID/SID combo, which is probably more important than how hard doing the RNG is.
Thanks. I'm actually just doing it to get a Master Ball from the lottery in 6th gen seeing as how I lost my last one from botching the X/Y cloning glitch o_O.

EDIT: Actually, I don't have B/W available to restart - only B2/W2, which has the Timer0 problems. I can either do it in a dead battery Sapphire, Pearl, or White 2. Which would be easiest?

I'm writing an RNG timer and need to be clear on the following: How do you convert frames (in 3rd gen) to milliseconds?

Is it frame / 60 * 1000 = milliseconds?

That PID is amazing! Anyway, from what I learned so far RNGing Poke Radar stuff is that most of the time, you will find plenty of chained shiny spreads, but not all (depending on your luck, none at all) will be able to be generated on the second encounter of the chain, right? Like, my current Platinum retail card is the only file I have right now (including the emulator ones) that can trigger a shiny Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 spread because it's the only one where the 16BitHigh part of the PID is between 0000 and 0008.

Also, one question on advancing the frame. If you use the Journal in DPPt, will a traded Pokemon also advance frames? Like, "Thomas caught POKEMON (TIME)" obviously does, but will the message "Got ABRA from Thomaz." also advance it? I'm trying to figure out if I'm advancing the right amount of frames to find my shiny patch.

Also, one question on advancing the frame. If you use the Journal in DPPt, will a traded Pokemon also advance frames? Like, "Thomas caught POKEMON (TIME)" obviously does, but will the message "Got ABRA from Thomaz." also advance it? I'm trying to figure out if I'm advancing the right amount of frames to find my shiny patch.
Nope, it will not.

That PID is amazing! Anyway, from what I learned so far RNGing Poke Radar stuff is that most of the time, you will find plenty of chained shiny spreads, but not all (depending on your luck, none at all) will be able to be generated on the second encounter of the chain, right? Like, my current Platinum retail card is the only file I have right now (including the emulator ones) that can trigger a shiny Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 spread because it's the only one where the 16BitHigh part of the PID is between 0000 and 0008.
Sadly 0xDEADBEEF is useless in 3rd/4th gen, Gentle iirc.
You don't need the PID of your shiny to be 0000-0008, that's for generating the shiny patch in the first place. All chained shiny spreads RNG Reporter spits out "work", not all of them work without high chains or 10,000+ advances.

Sadly 0xDEADBEEF is useless in 3rd/4th gen, Gentle iirc.
You don't need the PID of your shiny to be 0000-0008, that's for generating the shiny patch in the first place. All chained shiny spreads RNG Reporter spits out "work", not all of them work without high chains or 10,000+ advances.
Right. Is there a way to figure out (using the Seeds given in the Timefinder window of Chained spreads) how long a chain has to be in order to get shiny patch? I've been having a lot of trouble figuring out when my shiny patch is (I'm terrible at Chatot pitches). I'd much rather do the Radaring on emulator if possible lol. Like, currently, I'm Poke Radaring Togepi and the Togepi I encounter is luckily the only one possible, but I have no idea at what frame I'm at after the fight. I kinda assumed it's just the occidentary + amount of frames you waste by recharging the Radar and getting back into position (+a possiblity of the 128 steps rule).

Right. Is there a way to figure out (using the Seeds given in the Timefinder window of Chained spreads) how long a chain has to be in order to get shiny patch? I've been having a lot of trouble figuring out when my shiny patch is (I'm terrible at Chatot pitches). I'd much rather do the Radaring on emulator if possible lol. Like, currently, I'm Poke Radaring Togepi and the Togepi I encounter is luckily the only one possible, but I have no idea at what frame I'm at after the fight. I kinda assumed it's just the occidentary + amount of frames you waste by recharging the Radar and getting back into position (+a possiblity of the 128 steps rule).
It's possible to figure out how long a chain has to be based on the lowest 16bithigh within X frames before your target spread, but I don't have that info handy so you're on your own with that.

If you're doing it on emu you could always increase your search range and look for targets ~10,000 frames in and try to find 0000-0008 within that, no risk of losing count or screwing up and having to start all over with savestates+memory viewing.

What's the fastest time, frame-wise, in which I can RNG my TID in dead battery R/S?
depends on what PID you want shiny, but as id/sid in rs are generated at the same time its relatively easy. probably you could find most PID sid/id combos in like a 10,000 or a bit more as a rough estimate. again, it all depends on what pid youre going for

I'm having trouble RNGing in Platinum. I'm trying to hit Seed 6910088B, delay 2172. Date and time are 2015/01/31, 16:59:15 (seconds = 15). I'm using the Coin Flip app to check the Seed I hit, but I cannot find any matches. Everytime I search the flips, it narrows it down to 2 or 3 possible Seeds, and when I add the next flip it goes to 0 results!

This has happened several times so far. I haven't been able to even determine if my delay is odd or even. And I even searched for -1000 to +1000 delays, -9 to +9 seconds around my target Seed and it still finds no results!

I have no idea what I'm missing here. Any help is appreciated :)

I'm having trouble RNGing in Platinum. I'm trying to hit Seed 6910088B, delay 2172. Date and time are 2015/01/31, 16:59:15 (seconds = 15). I'm using the Coin Flip app to check the Seed I hit, but I cannot find any matches. Everytime I search the flips, it narrows it down to 2 or 3 possible Seeds, and when I add the next flip it goes to 0 results!

This has happened several times so far. I haven't been able to even determine if my delay is odd or even. And I even searched for -1000 to +1000 delays, -9 to +9 seconds around my target Seed and it still finds no results!

I have no idea what I'm missing here. Any help is appreciated :)
how many flips do the search results match for?

how many flips do the search results match for?
Sometimes they match up to 2 results, other time up to 3; then, when I do an additional flip, it matches no results anymore.

EDIT: I've figured it out. RNG Reporter only seems to check the first 15 flips; if I need a 16th flip to decide between 2 or more spreads, it will always fail and result in 0 matches.

I managed to calibrate successfully by setting a really big delay and seconds range and searching for several possible Seeds.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has done Colosseum / XD RNG.

I think I have got XD under control, I am yet to actually try the process itself but for now it seems logical and understandable.

The thing I DON'T quite understand is Colosseum. Firstly I realise that Colosseum RNG is pointless, but that is beside the point :P the question I want to ask is this : In the guide I am reading, he says that all Colosseum Shadow Pokemon are "generated first". Which I thought it meant "Pokemon is sent out first", but after seeing Makuhita, it is not sent out first..

EDIT : Wow I am an idiot, it specifically says "all Pokemon EXCEPT Makuhita, Ursaring and Murkrow are generated first". Don't mind me .......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)