Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I have been able to make legendary captures but when I change from method 1 to method h-1 wild the frames don't show up flawless spreads at all.
Without seeing anything the only thing I can say is double check that you've entered in correctly or are searching a wide enough range (been too long to recall if switching from 1 to H-1 is ~1:1 on the frames). I ran a quick search in 10.3.2 of the RNG Reporter and I was able to get results for H-1 (see hide tag). Perhaps it's a version issue.

1516585059604.png

[\hide]

Without seeing anything the only thing I can say is double check that you've entered in correctly or are searching a wide enough range (been too long to recall if switching from 1 to H-1 is ~1:1 on the frames). I ran a quick search in 10.3.2 of the RNG Reporter and I was able to get results for H-1 (see hide tag). Perhaps it's a version issue.

where do I download that RNG reporter? I don't have the "wild" tab.
Edit: Nvm I just checked and there was a link 10.3.2, thanks.
Also yeah apparently there's no wild spread of 31/7/31/31/31/31 timid for h-1 so that's why I couldn't find any results. Thank you again. :D

Edit: Okay now I want to try this on retail (hopefully my battery still works) so when I re-insert the battery will the date restart at 1-1-2000? or how do I even start?

Last edited:
Can anyone point me to any XD RNG guides?
Here you go:

And if you're interested in Pokéspot RNG:

Also, I highly recommend searching on google for Mr. Ginzaru's RNG Tools for Pokémon XD (I used to have a link for them, but it's broken). They make the whole process significantly easier. They are on japanese, but I can send translations your way if you'd like.

Good luck!

LegoFigure11

http://spo.ink/doggo
is a Community Contributor
Can anyone point me to any XD RNG guides?
I found amabs guide to be somewhat tricky to follow. If you'll ignore the shameless self promotion, I made a video guide on xdrng here:

You might find that easier to follow. It's a little outdated and I now have a lot more knowledge on how XD RNG works, but it's more up-to-date than the text guide linked in the post above (and also easier than using the Japanese tools!). If you have any questions about anything to do with XDRNG then feel free to PM me here or on discord (LegoFigure11#0240) and I'll answer you as best I can, I'm fairly experienced with XDRNG.

Edit: Readability

Last edited:
Hey, I got few questions I'd like to get answer for since I couldn't find any Gen 7 RNG Abuse guide on Smogon.

1. Does TID/SID work in Sun/Moon in same way as it works in previous generations? You need SID to find out shiny spreads?
2. Do I need 3rd party program to figure out my SID? I did find out 2 ways to get this done but neither of them is very reliable to me (other one has bad quality on their products and other can harm my 3DS system).
3. Is TSV same as SID? I'm bit confused.

Hey, I got few questions I'd like to get answer for since I couldn't find any Gen 7 RNG Abuse guide on Smogon.

1. Does TID/SID work in Sun/Moon in same way as it works in previous generations? You need SID to find out shiny spreads?
2. Do I need 3rd party program to figure out my SID? I did find out 2 ways to get this done but neither of them is very reliable to me (other one has bad quality on their products and other can harm my 3DS system).
3. Is TSV same as SID? I'm bit confused.
In Gen 7, SID is not as important as it was in gen 4. In gen 4, we didn’t have TSV so you needed your TID and SID in order to search for shiny Method J/K spreads. Now with gen 7, you can ignore your SID and if you’re looking to RNG Shiny Pokemon you just need your TSV, both for Egg RNG and Stationary RNG. TSV is different from your SID though, and it’s a number that ranges from 0000 to 4096. You need a 3d party program in order to find your TSV.

Christian Thank you a lot from response, now it all is slowly starting to make sense to me. So you don't really need SID but you need TSV and for that you need access to 3rd party software.

I watched also few videos about the process of RNG Abuse and noticed there seems to be no control over the initial seed you land on... So it's about pure luck what spreads you will got. I got now #BA8AAEF9 as my Seed and I'm trying to do event Celebi. There is no any good HP:Fire spreads on this one. :L

I got few more qustions if people don't mind too much:

- How often do you can't figure out the initial seed for Sun/Moon/UM/US? When checking with the clocks is it better to choose the clock with closest next 5 minutes or past 5 minutes (Like I had hands at 00:00 o'clock exact and you either can choose 23:55 or 00:05).

- I still don't understand how the calibration works... I watched few video guides and that one written guide on Smogon but I still don't get it.

If you do not hit your frame, find the frame you landed on by searching your target's IVs. To further calculate your delay, find out how many frames above or below you were, then divide that by 30. Take the quotient from those two numbers and divide it by the number of NPCs that were in the area (if applicable, do not do this for the Island Guardians, or the Ultra Beasts, and Necrozma), then put that into the Frame Hit box and click Update.
Lets say I hit 1000 frames too high (target is 2000) there are 4 NPCs.
1000/30=33.3333... ~ 33.33
33.33/4 = 8.333...~ 8.33

So how do I change that info something useful for EonTimer? You can't put in the target frame box that you did hit frame 8.33
clearly. I watched some video that explained calibration but he didn't really explain it either, just moved decimals around. :L I'm quite bad at math.

- When does the initial seed change? I can soft-reset safely without losing it?
I figured it out so you do lose it and need new target for every attempt.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)