Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, they start with frame 5

So for example if its 453 frame it will be 448 which is equal to 224 flips, right?
the ivs are set when i talk to them, right?
also do i need a synch for Method1?
224 flips is right or I calculate it as follows assuming you have 9 days of captured pokemon:

5 = starting frame
5+2 = 7 open journal
7+ (12*[9*(2*2)]) = 12 times pressing A to go to last journal page, then B to go back to first journal page
remainder = 14, exit and reopen journal, the press A 3 times then B 3 times to go back then exit journal should get you to frame 453

No synchronizer needed for method 1 and IVs get set when you talk to cresselia or mesprit or other method 1 pokemon.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Thank you guys, just one more thing that I was forgetting
For check that I hit the correct delay, I still use the Dppt egg PID (normal) or do i have to change the option?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
use DPPt egg PID (normal) only for the coin toss based on heads/tails mentioned in frames 1 on up (I usually do 10-20 coin tosses).

Someone of another forum just confused me, he is also on smogon.

He gave someone the advice that to get a frame of 102 with cresselia, he needed to do this:

102 - 1 (starting frame) -5 (cresselia) = 96
96/2 =48 flips.

Now I'm trying to get a shiny Heatran, don't care about IV's, so i wanted a very easy frame (don't do a thing)

Mesprit is running, so i thought i could just use a frame of 2. 2 - 1 (heatran) - 1 (runner) = 0

I thought starting frame and the legends frame were the same, but apparantly not. So to make it easy i would need a frame of 3, 3 - 1 (starting frame) - 1 (runner) -1 (heatran)

Could anyone confirm me which method frame i should use?

And @ the smogon person (not saying name), this is not to insult you or anything, but this just confused me so I wanted to check at the source of RNG :D. So please don't hate me... Ok, he already answered me below.

And at the post above me, i consider it legit, but i do say i got it with RNG.

He gave someone the advice that to get a frame of 102 with cresselia, he needed to do this:

96/2 =48 flips.

Now I'm trying to get a shiny Heatran, don't care about IV's, so i wanted a very easy frame (don't do a thing)

Mesprit is running, so i thought i could just use a frame of 2. 2 - 1 (heatran) - 1 (runner) = 0

I thought starting frame and the legends frame were the same, but apparantly not. So to make it easy i would need a frame of 3, 3 - 1 (starting frame) - 1 (runner) -1 (heatran)

And @ the smogon person (not saying name), this is not to insult you or anything, but this just confused me so I wanted to check at the source of RNG :D. So please don't hate me...
Haha no its ok.

[dutch]
Technisch gezien kun je het beste optellen in jouw geval.

1+1+1 = 3 dus moet je 3 pakken.[/dutch]

Can I just quickly ask... is this legit? I know there's no cheats or whatever involved, but is this legit?
Thats correct.

96/2 =48 flips. Hmm...-1 isn't necessary.

102 (the frame you want) - 5 (starting frame of cresselia) = 97
97 / 2 = 48.5
48 * 2 = 96
You will have to flip your journal pages 96 times and you have to walk 128 steps with 1 pokémon in your party.

Or 46 journal pages and 128 steps with 5 pokemon in your party.

And @ the smogon person (not saying name), this is not to insult you or anything, but this just confused me so I wanted to check at the source of RNG :D. So please don't hate me...
You don't have a starting frame and a pokémon frame number, you have only a Pokemon starting number. So for heatran only subtract -1, same for cresseli, you will have to subtract only 5. I can give you more information in a PM in Dutch if you want.

You don't have a starting frame and a pokémon frame number, you have only a Pokemon starting number. So for heatran only subtract -1, same for cresseli, you will have to subtract only 5. I can give you more information in a PM in Dutch if you want.
I think I get it now, he explained it to another person that way, thats why I got confused. I'm not trying to get the cresselia, just heatran. But this was what i thought.

Thank you for your help! I don't think I need the PM, but thanks for the offer. Now all I need to do is wait till my delay acts normal again (I now get random ones, between 582 and 634, odd and even)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Notepad is so simplistic that it's hard to organize and format. I like to keep all the info (seed, nature, IVs, method, time, date, delay, offset, etc.) there in one place, which means either no word wrap stretches it way off the side, or word wrap runs it onto the next line and makes it kind of annoying to find out which lines are the beginning of a string of data, and which lines are continuing from the previous one. And since I don't like that, mine end up in like 20 different notepad documents. IDK, I figured a concise way to organize it would be a nice addition, so it could just all be there at once. Just an idea tho :\

EDIT: Besides, that would be one less of many things I have to open when trying to RNG abuse ><
I still don't see how this would work / be better than a spreadsheet. If you really have a vision about it, explain exactly what you mean. IE. what the screen would look like, what it would do, what buttons it would have, what they would do, etc.

My question: Is there any way other than going to a frame, to find what particular pokemon appears in the wild on that frame?
There is, but we don't have enough information. I would need a complete encounter chart and then to know how the rng results map to a chart.

Isn't it highly likely that the parents you wish to use for your final product are NOT the parents that you had used in the Frame Calibration Phase, or were placed in the wrong order? For example, let's say that as I'm doing the Frame Calibration Phase, I have:

A: 31/31/13/25/7/10
B: 2/11/31/30/28/31

and I find out that my desired spread is B/B/A/5/31/31. This would mean that I would need to switch the order of my parents, which would require me to go through the Frame Calibration Phase again, where I would be given totally different spread possibilities, right? I could also end up with a desired spread of something like B/A/31/3/B/31, which would require completely new parents for a flawless physical spread.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject, but this is my first time attempting this; so far, I've only completed the Initial Calibration Phase, but I want to make sure I know what I need to be doing next.

Thanks!
Starting with better parents is the best advice I can give you. Life is much easier when parents are good enough so that you can find something you need with your frame calibration in place. Otherwise, you are just chasing spreads around.

I don't know if anyone here has said anything about this since I don't have time to read through all the pages. Are you sure that the mining museum has no NPCs? I know there are people in there, so I thought they didn't count or something after reading that.

I gave the guy an Armor fossil, went out, went back in, saved in front of him, changed my time/date and hit my delay, checked my seed with the coin flip app, then flipped my journal 10 times. I talked to the guy again and got a Shieldon on frame 200+ instead of 21, which was my target. I tried again, this time not flipping anything or walking, and picked up the Pokemon, this time ending up on Frame 196. Am I doing something wrong? I don't know how to do fossils
First, only NPCs that randomly wander have any effect. I did test this and they were always method 1 frame 1.

I have some trouble regarding the Journal Flips.

Yesterday, I had to do 262 flips for Rotom (starting frame 1, turn my character once to get an even frame, and then did 262 flips to get frame 264).

The 2 pages had a caught pokemon and an obtained TM.

Seeing as a caught pokemon increases the frame by 2, and a TM increases it by 1, how is it possible I still got my Shiny Rotom?

Just now I did 2040 flips for Azelf, to get frame 2041, but now it didn't work =S

I can't even find the Init. Seed for it..
You're the one doing the TM research, so I doubt anyone knows more than you at this point.

Something to add:

When trying to catch my Zapdos, the roaming Mesprit seemed to advance the RNG by 9, instead of 1.
That's very strange. Did you just immediately release the birds or do some things with the marking app open?

96/2 =48 flips.

And @ the smogon person (not saying name), this is not to insult you or anything, but this just confused me so I wanted to check at the source of RNG :D. So please don't hate me... Ok, he already answered me below.

And at the post above me, i consider it legit, but i do say i got it with RNG.
It should be on frame 2, but this is so easy to test I wonder why you ask. Just save in front of it, catch a few, generate an initial seed and generate with method J. What frame are they on?

Well, I have one info. Basically, I was able to, using the same modest spread 31/31/31/31/31/31, to get a Flawless Modest Eevee and a flawless modest Ditto.

They were the daily pokemon on the trophy garden, so I do believe that this frame is linked to the daily Pokemon.

I know it could be easy to test, but i'm just starting, and trying to understand everything. So even if my results say one thing, if a more experienced person says something else I'd think I made the error.

I also thought that people who have done this a few times could aswer my question in 30 seconds.

Last reason, I have a mac computer, and i didn't want to go to my other house just for that small thing.

So sorry if I spammed small questions or something, i thought it would be ok.

Hey guys. I was wondering if you think this delay range is too wide: 590-620.

I was going through the first calibration step (syncing the clock, then catching pokemon and using the seed finder to find your seconds and delay(s)).

Here are my detailed results (did this 10 times):
14 seconds all 10 times
delays: 596, 608, 608, 624, 596, 612, 612, 592, 606, 598

Hey guys. I was wondering if you think this delay range is too wide: 590-620.

I was going through the first calibration step (syncing the clock, then catching pokemon and using the seed finder to find your seconds and delay(s)).

Here are my detailed results (did this 10 times):
14 seconds all 10 times
delays: 596, 608, 608, 624, 596, 612, 612, 592, 606, 598

You really should try to get something like 598-604.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That's very strange. Did you just immediately release the birds or do some things with the marking app open?
Nothing, I had the game open in coin flip app and only changed to marking app after talking with Oak. And I know it's not the coin flip advancing it because it didn't the first time I SRed for Zapdos, in another save file.

Help please, Im trying to catch a legendary and that why I did :

-I found a good spread by Method J (I wanna catch a legendary), the frame was "408"
-I took the seed and put it in "Seed to Time", I used "Generate" and changed the year to 2015 to get a delay of 600
-I got this : Target time : 2009-06-02, 08:55:59 with a delay of 600
-I changed the hour on my both clocks
-I took my synchroniser, I am on the coin flip application, I saved behind the legendary with a team of 5 pokemons, Ive a caught pokemon in my Journal (on the third page)
-I put my seed in RNG Reporter, with DPPt Egg (Normal) and now, Ive a lot of frames with Head, Tails,...

-What Ive to do with those Heads and tails ?
-How does walking encrease your RNG ?
-If you have the good seed and you wait, do you loose the pokemon ? I mean, can I wait behind the pokemon doing nothing if Ive the good seed ?
-How does switching to coin flip application increase your RNG ?

Thanks for helping me !

Okay:
Coins:
You input your seed into RNG reporter, the main page, select DPPt Egg (normal) and then generate. use the coin flip application as many times as you feel neccessary, this could be anywhere from 10 to 20, or more if you really want to be sure. If your flips match the ones on the page, then you have hit the correct seed.

Now you need to open up your journal. If your frame is odd, subtract one, divide by 2, then flip your journal to any page with a caught pokemon on it that many times. If it is even, then walk 128 steps and then subtract 6, then divide the remaining number by 2 and flip it that many times.

Very confusing, I know.

• If you have the right seed, waiting does not lose the pokemon.
• The coin flip application does not increase your RNG at all.

So, I was in the room, and I got the right seed, I know my frame is 408 so 408-1 = 407, I opened my Journal and flip to the page with the caught pokemon 201 times = 402 seed, after this, I walked for 128 steps, as its said in the first page ("In a cave, walking 128 steps will increase your seed by the number of pokemons in your party"), so 402 + 5 = 407, but I think I missed something :x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)