Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Heh, not sure about that when you could just have one notepad document :P
Notepad is so simplistic that it's hard to organize and format. I like to keep all the info (seed, nature, IVs, method, time, date, delay, offset, etc.) there in one place, which means either no word wrap stretches it way off the side, or word wrap runs it onto the next line and makes it kind of annoying to find out which lines are the beginning of a string of data, and which lines are continuing from the previous one. And since I don't like that, mine end up in like 20 different notepad documents. IDK, I figured a concise way to organize it would be a nice addition, so it could just all be there at once. Just an idea tho :\

EDIT: Besides, that would be one less of many things I have to open when trying to RNG abuse ><

Do I have to use the time finder for Wondercard IVs? I'm still a bit confused how to abuse using Wondercards...
IV generated by Method 1, natures randomized. Use the Sandgem Mart since that place has the fewest NPCs. Have the journal open when you turn on the game so you can immediately get your frame with flips, and then go into the game and hope not to be ruined by an NPC.

So basically search for the IVs you want but don't specify nature, and pick the one with the earliest frame. Then you fluke the nature.

Thank god that I'm doing PBR Pokemon... no nature fluking! :)

So, it's the (basically) same as legendary abuse, except with the delivery guy?
Except no legends I know of (besides maybe the running birds) are affected by moving NPCs. And it's not just the ones in the Mart--it's in the entire town, which is why Sandgem is the best since it's the smallest.

The key is saving a couple of days before your target date, then changing the date and NOT saving. That way the journal comes up at the beginning and NPCs have fewer chances to mess you up.

mingot said:
Yep, I find it's best to just do Method 1 for a wide search where you save a copy of the spreadsheet (right click, save as CSV) and then when you actually want to catch something generate with the seed using Method J with a syncher of the nature of what you want to catch.
Gah, yeah, I just now realized that while messing with the generator and discovering a boatload of frames that will hit that spread when a syncer is involved. xX;

Perhaps you didn't account for there being a capture on the first page? That counts. And after reading below did you get your frame number by generating with a synch nature set and use a sycher of that nature in game?

Do you have any wandering Pokemon loose?
No runners, and no capture on first page.

Are you a perfectly precise counting machine? :P
Haha, no, ^^; but what helped a lot I think was having a capture on both the 2nd and 3rd page. This let me get into a rhythm of pressing A and B, and I recorded in notepad every time I reached 10 flips. Also, my frame ended up being off by 2, but the only way I could have miscounted would be if, after one of my "sets of 10", I would have been on the 2nd page, rather than the 3rd. I was always on the 3rd page after each set, so the only way a miscount would be possible would be if the frame was off by 4, which was not the case. (I figured this would be a convenient way to make sure I didn't lose track, because that was the last thing I needed.)

It hurts, because it is probably NOT going to be what you were looking for and NOT on the same frame. Generate based on what you are going to do in game with regards to a syncher.
Ah well...this has been really reassuring though, so I'm a lot more confident than I was when I first caught the Azelf and saw it was wrong.

Alright, so I think my next course of action will be picking one of the lower-framed ones that came up on the generator with a syncer specified, and one that has the same spread show up on a frame both 2 higher and lower...

Edit: Urf...I guess getting the right delay on my third total try and my first 'actual' try was a fluke...I've failed to get it the past 50 resets... xX;

My question: Is there any way other than going to a frame, to find what particular pokemon appears in the wild on that frame?
Reposting.

Notepad is so simplistic that it's hard to organize and format. I like to keep all the info (seed, nature, IVs, method, time, date, delay, offset, etc.) there in one place, which means either no word wrap stretches it way off the side, or word wrap runs it onto the next line and makes it kind of annoying to find out which lines are the beginning of a string of data, and which lines are continuing from the previous one. And since I don't like that, mine end up in like 20 different notepad documents. IDK, I figured a concise way to organize it would be a nice addition, so it could just all be there at once. Just an idea tho :\

EDIT: Besides, that would be one less of many things I have to open when trying to RNG abuse ><
I use an excel spreadsheet, and create different sheets for each pokemon I plan to (ab)use and copy and paste the spreads along with all other information and the time I need to hit my seed.

Reposting.

I use an excel spreadsheet, and create different sheets for each pokemon I plan to (ab)use and copy and paste the spreads along with all other information and the time I need to hit my seed.
A separate sheet for every pokemon? @_@

I suppose I'll do that cross-species and cross-method, but I still think it makes a lot more sense to have that feature in there so it's concise and all in one program. I mean, what's easier... tweaking an excel spreadsheet and manually entering all the info (especially annoying stuff like Hex coding for seeds)? Or, say, right clicking a spread in Time Finder and sending all the spreads to one location, which is INSIDE the RNGReporter?

Oh well though. I still stand behind my idea, but we can only expect as much as mingot has time/interest in doing for future installments. >> I hope you'll reconsider though, mingot XD

A separate sheet for every pokemon? @_@

I suppose I'll do that cross-species and cross-method, but I still think it makes a lot more sense to have that feature in there so it's concise and all in one program. I mean, what's easier... tweaking an excel spreadsheet and manually entering all the info (especially annoying stuff like Hex coding for seeds)? Or, say, right clicking a spread in Time Finder and sending all the spreads to one location, which is INSIDE the RNGReporter?

Oh well though. I still stand behind my idea, but we can only expect as much as mingot has time/interest in doing for future installments. >> I hope you'll reconsider though, mingot XD
No, no. I mean I have one excel spreadsheet and just and an extra worksheet via Insert>Worksheet and rename it for each pokemon. I just highlight a whole row and copy + paste into excel.

Although I do agree it would probably be easier if it were all together, but I'm not sure exactly how it would work. Do you mean an extra tab or something where it saves/bookmarks any particular spread you want? But would you be able to edit any of them, or group them in any way? I think it is easier to work in excel because you can sort them for what pokemon you want to use them for rather than have them all grouped together.

Isn't it highly likely that the parents you wish to use for your final product are NOT the parents that you had used in the Frame Calibration Phase, or were placed in the wrong order? For example, let's say that as I'm doing the Frame Calibration Phase, I have:

A: 31/31/13/25/7/10
B: 2/11/31/30/28/31

and I find out that my desired spread is B/B/A/5/31/31. This would mean that I would need to switch the order of my parents, which would require me to go through the Frame Calibration Phase again, where I would be given totally different spread possibilities, right? I could also end up with a desired spread of something like B/A/31/3/B/31, which would require completely new parents for a flawless physical spread.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject, but this is my first time attempting this; so far, I've only completed the Initial Calibration Phase, but I want to make sure I know what I need to be doing next.

Thanks!

I have a question, is it possible to have more:

(Player) caught (Pokémon)

On the same journal page?
Because if you have 5 on the same page, the frame would be advanced by (5*2=) 10, right?

EDIT: Not possible, just tested it. When you have a defeat entry, and you capture a Pokémon, the (Player) caught (Pokémon) will replace the defeat entry.

I have some trouble regarding the Journal Flips.

Yesterday, I had to do 262 flips for Rotom (starting frame 1, turn my character once to get an even frame, and then did 262 flips to get frame 264).

The 2 pages had a caught pokemon and an obtained TM.

Seeing as a caught pokemon increases the frame by 2, and a TM increases it by 1, how is it possible I still got my Shiny Rotom?

Just now I did 2040 flips for Azelf, to get frame 2041, but now it didn't work =S

I can't even find the Init. Seed for it..

3. Your ID and SID for the game where you wish to hatch shinies. You SID, or Secret ID, is not visible by normal means, but can be retrieved if you have a caught (non-chained) shiny and then by doing to bit of math.

Is there any way to find my secret ID without a shiny?
And without AR too xD

I have some trouble regarding the Journal Flips.

Yesterday, I had to do 262 flips for Rotom (starting frame 1, turn my character once to get an even frame, and then did 262 flips to get frame 264).

The 2 pages had a caught pokemon and an obtained TM.

Seeing as a caught pokemon increases the frame by 2, and a TM increases it by 1, how is it possible I still got my Shiny Rotom?

Just now I did 2040 flips for Azelf, to get frame 2041, but now it didn't work =S

I can't even find the Init. Seed for it..

The flipping of pages onto a caught/defeated pokemon advances by 2, not 1. You should have done 131 flips the first time, and 1020 the second time.

Assuming you did it between those two, that would be 131 for each. That means the TM doesn't affect it at all.
It does.
I tried when catching Rotom.
Starting frame is 1.
I switched to the TM 3 times, and back to an empty page 3 times aswell.
My frame was 4, it couldn't be the empty page.

It does.
I tried when catching Rotom.
Starting frame is 1.
I switched to the TM 3 times, and back to an empty page 3 times aswell.
My frame was 4, it couldn't be the empty page.
I'll test this since what you did for rotom was wrong anyways, since caught is 2 and tm is 1. What you did could never get it right unless TM got overrided for some reason.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
If I want to catch Mesprit/ Cresselia, do I have to do the same steps like when i caught the legends that don't flee?
Or do I have to do something different?

If I want to catch Mesprit/ Cresselia, do I have to do the same steps like when i caught the legends that don't flee?
Or do I have to do something different?
Everything is the same, except, they have different start frames, check the OP, I think you can find it there. (I think that both the runners start at frame 5)

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Everything is the same, except, they have different start frames, check the OP, I think you can find it there. (I think that both the runners start at frame 5)
Yeah, they start with frame 5

So for example if its 453 frame it will be 448 which is equal to 224 flips, right?
the ivs are set when i talk to them, right?
also do i need a synch for Method1?

Yeah, they start with frame 5

So for example if its 453 frame it will be 448 which is equal to 224 flips, right? Yes, and this is how I calculate it =P

453 - 5 = 448
448 / 2 = 224 flips.

the ivs are set when i talk to them, right?
Yes, they are set when you talk to them and they fly away.

also do i need a synch for Method1? No, you don't need a Synchronizer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)