Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

For catching a Wild Pokemon in the Breeding a Shiny (Egg) Guide, does moving in the grass change the outcome of the egg (change the RNG?).

should i have my game set up so i go to the ds menu or can i just have it go directly to the game as soon as the power is turned on? or does it matter?

should i have my game set up so i go to the ds menu or can i just have it go directly to the game as soon as the power is turned on? or does it matter?
If you are just SRing when the time hits whatever, then it doesn't matter if it goes straight to the game. It just makes it a hassle to take the DS game out and re-insert it every time to change the date.

Davy - No

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No I don't I guess that my game has one initial frame for default, is that possible?

Btw, i already got the mesprit, but i still want to know what is happening xP
Try catching some things like an azelf or something and seeing what frame it lands on. Unless you have runners out it should always be one.

I've been trying to catch a flawless HP Ground Snover in Diamond, but it seems that the coin flips do not match the ones listed in RNG Reporter, not even close. These are just a few results:

Code:
Nature    IVs            Delay    Seconds    Reporter Flips  Actual Flips    
Quiet    5-15-29-5-29-31    686    13    HHHTTHHHTH    TTHTTHHTHT
Naïve    14-29-23-1-4-12    684    14    HHHHHHHTTT    HHHTHHHTHH
Timid    6-1-2-28-31-6    689    13    TTTHHTHHTT    TTTHTTTHTH
Timid    3-0-12-30-26-6    686    14    HTTHHTHHTT    TTHHTTHHHH
Hardy    4-23-19-6-20-4    701    14    HHTTTTTTHT    HHHHHHHHTT
These were done on May 29, 2009, at 6:03:14. Removing the cart from the GBA slot also did not change the delay from odd\even; I had to change the year to 2008 to get the seed I was aiming for. (And even then, I couldn't Sweet Scent in the snow, so I missed the right frame.)
This is strange. You mention only diamond, but have you verified that it does work on platinum/pearl? Or?

Note that I'm only having trouble with this on Diamond. I suspect that in Diamond, coin flips advance the IRNG all the same but the coin results are not determined by the ability number.
Hrm, or at least not determined by the number that is returned being odd/even, at least. I will try to verify this on diamond and pearl and see if I can replicate.

EDIT: I can't seem to replicate. Did a quick test in Diamond and did 32 flips and got a complete match. Any thoughts and what could be going on? Are you hitting the happiness checker screen on your way to the flips?

The only other thought is that I am completely missing the initial seed or misreporting it. That should be easy enough to check by catching a 2nd monster and seeing if it is on the list.

Anyone mind telling me the sweet scenting method to catching flawless pokemon in the wild? Much appreciated...
Yes, check this link:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180

Mingot, regarding your fears that the coin results are different on Diamond and Pearl, I don't believe that. I spent about four hours abusing on a friend's Pearl version, on which the coin flips were correct. I also have countless episodes of the coin flips working for me perfectly on Diamond.

anybody mind looking at my results? Sometimes I get 14 secs other times 15 but the delay is constant

figured it out,

sometimes I result when my external clock got to the next minute, these times I got 14 secs which is my time
others time I waited to reset until the clock on the game turned over it turns out the clock on the game lags so these 15 were not correct.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I need some help understanding the hatching perfect egg process. I'm at the last parts.

4. Find you location (seconds, delay, and frame) in the list of Adjacent results based on the IVs of the egg. Please note that you may right click in the list of adjacent results and output the entire list to a CSV file. This file can be opened in notepad or as a spreadsheet, which may make it easier to search.

(5) To quickly disqualify resets where either your target time or delay were incorrect you may either immediately capture a Pokémon and check it's initial seed or use the coin flip trick noted in the "Common information for Breeding and Capturing Perfect Pokémon" section. If you are using the coin flip trick you may wish to output your adjacent results to CSV to make it easier to search.
What do I do with the Find Adjacent Spreads tab? Is it just helping me find the exact timing of going to the Continue screen and when to click it?
If I go too fast and have to wait on the Continue screen for the right time to come, is that messing things up?

And is step 5 just a backup plan if it backfires?

anybody mind looking at my results? Sometimes I get 14 secs other times 15 but the delay is constant
I don't know where your "results" are but I suggest trying to do something that always gets you the same second. Besides that, just use the second you get the most for your seconds.

AromaFlora - Find Adjacent Spreads tab is used to find what egg you got. It allows you to see if you are off by a second, got to early or late of a delay, or got a different frame.

Yes waiting on the continue screen till the right time causes problem cause it increases the delay higher, which is bad.

Step 5 is used if you don't know which egg you got and can't find it adjacent spread or you get a 0 for HP and in the adjacent there are a lot of 0 HP ones.

Any idea why I can't get the 2nd time count down to show up in Emloop?
I get only the 1st count down that tell you when to reset you game.

@ wdistance: You are most likely hitting the reset slightly before or slightly after the clock hits the minute. If your delay is very close to 15 seconds, this can cause you to hit a consistent delay but miss the second. I would suggest resetting a half-second before the minute to shift all your results to 14 or a half-second after to hit 15. Try to hit whichever is more common for you at the moment.

Also, I have noticed while doing this myself that the DS clock (at least on my DS) sometimes has a "fast" second within the first ten seconds of hitting the clock set button, opening up a half-second lead on the external clock. Watch the clock for a little while after you set it to make sure it stays synchronised.

Since all grass pokemon start at frame 2 would I use that as my starting frame to find a perfect spread?

Edit: Here's the seed for the perfect wild pokemon I'm looking for: c913028f, now what I'm trying to do is look for the frame that I should target for but, I'm having no luck. I have it set to Method J, I generate to get a list of the Timid spreads and to no avail I find no spreads that look like: 31/31/31/30/31/31 for a wild pokemon. I input that IV spread into the IVs to be generated for a timid nature but, it comes up with nothing. Any help here?

I haven't seen that spreadsheet, does it not show the frame as well? That seed you mentioned has a delay of 646 in 2009, have you set your max delay high enough?

Yes it doesn't show the frame number. Links to the spreadsheets are on first page in the OP in the section How to Capture Perfect Pokemon.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes it doesn't show the frame number. Links to the spreadsheets are on first page in the OP in the section How to Capture Perfect Pokemon.
It actually does show the method 1 frame, but it is labeled offset in the spreadsheet. Grrr. Anyhow, plug in the seed, select a synch nature/method J and look for the spread within a few hundred +/- the method 1 frame.

And, yes it is there.

I just entered the seed, selected method J, selected timid at the synch nature, and told it I was looking for 31 HP/ATK/DEF and hit generate.

BTW, that spread is electric.

I calculated the poketch taps for the same spread that Mingot so kindly helped me to find and it said 467 Happ. Taps and 10 coin flips. My question, Is it possible to flip this number of times and then find that pokemon with that IV spread in the wild?

Edit: Also which frame number should I follow for my target, the first one or the actual?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)