Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

trying to get a certain iv spread on the shiny im locked on but im wondering which parent is A and which parent is b. Can anyone tell me?
Well the most logic way will be: The first parent you deposit in DayCare is Parent A, and the seconds parent that you deposit is Parent B.

I believe you have to save in front of your egg, and start the game as fast as possible, take the egg, and catch a Pokemon.
Find it's delay and offset.

Do this a few times and use the delay/offset you get the most in the DPPt Time Finder. Now generate seeds for the IV's you want.

Take the egg on the exact same date (including seconds) as the Time Finder tells you to do, and hope you got the right delay/offset.

Jonny explained how this works via MSN, but that was before 4.01 was released.

I didn't understand exactly how this works, but I think this is the correct way. Ofcourse, use the method: Breeding (DPPt)
Not sure if anyone has read this..

trying to get a certain iv spread on the shiny im locked on but im wondering which parent is A and which parent is b. Can anyone tell me?
Parent A is the parent in slot 1 in the Daycare, Parent B is the parent in slot 2.

Example (when you have 2 pokemon in the daycare and you want to take one out):

DITTO Lv. 67 (Parent A)
GIBLE Lv. 34 (Parent B)

Is there any way to do this on diamond without having to have a ton of rare candies to check for IVs? Because I know Platinum users can just go catch the ridiculous leveled magikarps to easily find their IVs, but are there any similar ways for diamond?

Is there any way to do this on diamond without having to have a ton of rare candies to check for IVs? Because I know Platinum users can just go catch the ridiculous leveled magikarps to easily find their IVs, but are there any similar ways for diamond?
Catch a lvl 55-56 Pokemon somewhere in the Battle Islands.
They will give 1 or 2 IV's per stat, you can just use different combinations untill you get one with a delay near 600 =)
Shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.

Catch a lvl 55-56 Pokemon somewhere in the Battle Islands.
They will give 1 or 2 IV's per stat, you can just use different combinations untill you get one with a delay near 600 =)
Shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.
Will I be able to get an actual number as opposed to just a range if I do this?

I believe you have to save in front of your egg, and start the game as fast as possible, take the egg, and catch a Pokemon.
Find it's delay and offset.

Do this a few times and use the delay/offset you get the most in the DPPt Time Finder. Now generate seeds for the IV's you want.

Take the egg on the exact same date (including seconds) as the Time Finder tells you to do, and hope you got the right delay/offset.

Jonny explained how this works via MSN, but that was before 4.01 was released.

I didn't understand exactly how this works, but I think this is the correct way. Ofcourse, use the method: Breeding (DPPt)
Ok, I was following this pretty well until the end, but you lost me on selecting Breeding (DPPt). Why would I do that? Doesn't the Time Finder tell the IVs with a certain seed? Also, for finding a caught Pokemon's delay and offset, would that be the initial seed?

Not sure if anyone has read this..

Parent A is the parent in slot 1 in the Daycare, Parent B is the parent in slot 2.

Example (when you have 2 pokemon in the daycare and you want to take one out):

DITTO Lv. 67 (Parent A)
GIBLE Lv. 34 (Parent B)
Thanks, kinda figured but I just wanted to make sure lol

anyway this timing is so frustrating but i'll keep trying since I don't have anything better to do today.

here's what im doing, so I figured out the frame for the iv spread I want with the program. I set my DS' clock to a few minutes before the actual time comes and start my game. I then swith to the clock app in the poketch and like two minutes before I start a timer, talk to the man and stop right before I say yes to the egg and wait for the second I have to grab the egg to get desired spread. I hope you guys can understand what im doing here, I think im doing it wrong somehow.

So what you're saying, Pokerealm, is that I can't SR the shiny Feebas I'm set on right now? I have to get another egg to do so?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, I was following this pretty well until the end, but you lost me on selecting Breeding (DPPt). Why would I do that? Doesn't the Time Finder tell the IVs with a certain seed? Also, for finding a caught Pokemon's delay and offset, would that be the initial seed?
Before the "Find Adjacent" feature was added to the time finder you had to go catch a monster to get an initial seed and then switch to "Breeding" to find out what your offset was. Should be easier to find it in the Adjacent frame list now.

here's what im doing, so I figured out the frame for the iv spread I want with the program. I set my DS' clock to a few minutes before the actual time comes and start my game. I then swith to the clock app in the poketch and like two minutes before I start a timer, talk to the man and stop right before I say yes to the egg and wait for the second I have to grab the egg to get desired spread. I hope you guys can understand what im doing here, I think im doing it wrong somehow.
It's the time of the DS when you hit continue and not when you get the egg.

Documentation on this IS coming.

ok, that makes sense since thats how it is Emerald but I failed to realize.

so if my time is 18:06:12 I hit continue right at that moment and grab the egg a quickly as possible?

Second time I've done this, still no shiny. Here's my step-by-step:

-Reporter set to DPPt Egg PID, ID and SID entered, Shiny Only box checked
-Poketch App set to #5, no parents in Day Care. In my party are a Sweet Scenter and 4 others
-Fly to Route 229 (I need high-level Pokes, as I don't have an AR), save, and reset
-Record the time at pressing Continue (12:10 PM)
-Sweet Scent, encounter a Volbeat, catch it
-Use Rare Candy once, which is enough to determine IVs (Docile, 3/7/17/3/9/1)
-Click DPPt Seed Finder, enter IVs + Nature, end up with a Delay of 630 and an Offset of 74. This one is eighth down the list.
-Click generate, first on the list is Frame 657, Rash, and male. 53 and 8 taps, respectively
-Switch to Poketch App #6, tap it 53 times. Switch to Poketch App #15, tap it 8 times.
-Fly back to Day Care, go to PC, deposit some stuff, withdraw Abra (M) and Chimchar (F, Everstone attached), and put them in Day Care. App #15 is still up
-Bike around until Day Care man faces right, save in front of him
-Collect egg and hatch it. Offspring is Rash and male...but not shiny

Hopefully this is specific enough to get help. :/

Ok, I think I get it. I've found my initial seed several times and, when I mash A as fast as I can, my offset is usually 67 with a delay of 624. I enter this into the Time Finder but to my dismay it seems every IV set has Speed inherited from one of the parents. Neither of them have perfect Speed, in fact their IVs overall are terrible and I used them because I wasn't about to breed perfect Drapions and Heracrosses before getting the shiny egg. Is it possible to implement a feature where results where IVs are inherited are filtered out? Although I selected 31 for Speed, they appear anyway. I'm sure non-inherited 31 Attack and Speed are hiding in there somewhere, but it's impossible to spot in such a long list.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ Miltonic - Sure, but then if you are waiting on the continue screen your delay variable will be all over the place making it just as hard.

@ TheHuntBegins - Get the next three eggs and see if they match the natures for frame 658, 659, and 660. If so, your ID/SID is wrong. If not, find out where you were in the list to get an idea of what happened.

Eighth down the list?

@ Frostshock - Not possible with this version, but will consider it. In the meantime better parents are probably your best bet. OR you could export to CSV and open the list in excel and use it to do fancier sorting for you.

@ Miltonic - Sure, but then if you are waiting on the continue screen your delay variable will be all over the place making it just as hard.

@ TheHuntBegins - Get the next three eggs and see if they match the natures for frame 658, 659, and 660. If so, your ID/SID is wrong. If not, find out where you were in the list to get an idea of what happened.

Eighth down the list?

@ Frostshock - Not possible with this version, but will consider it. In the meantime better parents are probably your best bet. OR you could export to CSV and open the list in excel and use it to do fancier sorting for you.
hmm, Im still confused on this delay and offset everyone is talking about and how to determine it.

Mingot, can you confirm if my theory was right or not?
Well, I was wrong on the time finder, as you need to press A in the continue screen at the time the program gives, not taking the egg at that time.

That'll be pretty hard though, seeing as you need the right delay/offset aswell..

Im also confused about delay and offset, how do I find these out. If someone could explain the timing steps? What I need to change the time to. Also confused about the frames. Once I find these out I can start so could someone please help me.

Im also confused about delay and offset, how do I find these out. If someone could explain the timing steps? What I need to change the time to. Also confused about the frames. Once I find these out I can start so could someone please help me.

Delay is how long it takes from the game start till you hit continue. This is time in seconds * 60. If you hit a and go as fast as you can, it should be around 600. Offset is determined by steps you take and other factors. If you save in front of an egg and hit A as fast as possible when you start, it can be from 2-10. Depends on the other characters in your screen moving. You need to change the time so you can hit A at the desired time you want and with the correct delay.

This should be in the OP somewhere if you take time to read it if I didn't explain it good enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)