Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

OMGWTFBBQ yay. :) About time.

I'm a tard. I never realized that Everstones fucked up the process. I remember reading they "weren't helpful" but one happened to be on my female from a past endeavor and...

Of course the nature isn't right, I just tried it out on the earliest one I got.

Happiness. Thanks ttb, Adamco, LightningFusion and mingot for your patience with my innate tardness XD

(and yes, I know tons of people have shiny Kingdras. I'm not going for creativity points here)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does anyone know if doing anything on the Underground advances the IRNG? I'm going to try it out for now, if anything.
Areal, I don't think anyone has tested this and it would be appreciated if you did. The easiest way to go about this would be to simply get your initial seed and then to hatch a single pokemon, ensuring that it matches the nature/gender/ability of the first one on your generated list.

The go underground and have fun.

When you come up, if nothing has affected the IRNG then your second and third eggs will match the list, otherwise something happened.

If you already had testing methodology in mind, please diregard what probably sounds like a patronizing post ;)

alright I got 6268 Happiness Taps
5 coin taps

Any easy way to count these taps?
Also, does shutting off the game, having your parents in your party, or saving effect anything?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Areal, I don't think anyone has tested this and it would be appreciated if you did. The easiest way to go about this would be to simply get your initial seed and then to hatch a single pokemon, ensuring that it matches the nature/gender/ability of the first one on your generated list.

The go underground and have fun.

When you come up, if nothing has affected the IRNG then your second and third eggs will match the list, otherwise something happened.

If you already had testing methodology in mind, please diregard what probably sounds like a patronizing post ;)
No problem. I was at frame 5389 already, so I just double-checked it and went underground. But I left it to re-check my boxes for a Cranidos, and now I'm going again. Even if activating DS's wireless advances the IRNG, my desired frame is 8157, so I have plenty of frames to skip.

Now, if each underground travel advances by 1500, I'll end up learning Outrage IRL.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
6000 taps means you should probably reset for a new seed

Arael - My guess is that if it does anything at all, it'll re-seed it, not simply advance it

Shutting off the game will reset the seed, so that is a big no. parents in party don't matter and neither does saving.

You should SR to get lower taps though.

How do I SR for lower taps?
Soft-Reset your game and try again, you won't get the same amount of taps every time. It's all about luck.
Also, follow the steps that are described on the first page to the letter, you are asking a lot of stuff that is already answered there.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
6000 taps means you should probably reset for a new seed

Arael - My guess is that if it does anything at all, it'll re-seed it, not simply advance it
I hope you're wrong, because it took me a whole day to get a remotely early male Adamant frame =(

EDIT: Got a Shell Fossil, revived it, put in the Day-Care with a Ditto. The next frame was Mild and male, so were the first Cranidos. Good.

EDIT2: Second one should be Gentle and male, and so it was. Good.

EDIT3: Ok, third one should be Gentle and male too, and so it was. So, I can attest that going onto the Underground does not advance the IRNG.

I already got everything I needed to after a lot of questions so yeah, you're in luck Omega. I'm kinda new to Smogon so yeah. I wish we could exploit a formula to get lower "HappyTaps" Factors being SID,ID,etc.

Here I go to SR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)