Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I didnt have to do so many lol, my frame was like only aroun 450 when i did Giratina, but then again i wasn't going for a shiny because i didn't know my SID at the time and it was my first RNG, ive only RNG abused for Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf and Heatran on platinum, and a shiny totodile starter in HG using Pandoras box, it was actually not to bad hitting a delay of 6258 lol. Ive only just recently started playin my HG though, i had platinum lying around so i wanted to complete that before i started HG :P which explains why i'm only at the togepi stage.

havn't tried Pokewalker RNG abusing yet though, because it seems like a hassle even though its not complicated.

well its not that bad since im in distortion world. I'd rather do 700 back and forth opening my bag than do 3800+ journal flips

Hi guys! Just a quick question here. I'm trying to abuse a timid Palkia right now but it seems I'm not getting the right nature and spread. I'm using method J and there's one wandering pokemon which is cresselia. Palkia is on frame 1 and since there's one wandering pokemon that means I have to subtract 2 from my target frame. What am I doing wrong?

Hi guys! Just a quick question here. I'm trying to abuses a timid Palkia right now but it seems I'm not getting the right nature and spread. I'm using method J and there's one wandering pokemon which is cresselia. Palkia is on frame 1 and since there's one wandering pokemon that means I have to subtract 2 from my target frame. What am I doing wrong?
What is your seed?
What is your calculations(page flips, walks, and etc)?
If your during the 128 steps, how many pkmn are in your party?
Are you using a sync?

First you have to verify you hit the seed you want with the 10 coin flips. Then if you did, subtract 2 from your target frame (since Palkia is on frame 1 and cressy is roaming) and divide by 2. That is how many journal flips you need to do to advance the frames to your target. Then fight palkia

Yes, I verified my seed using the coin flip and I did hit my time and delay. I tried like 4 different seeds or so but I'm not getting the right spread and nature. I brought a timid synchronizer too. And one more thing I saved infront of Palkia. One step before fighting the pokemon to be exact(would this affect the frame?). It's a bit annoying so I captured my roaming pokemon and see if it'll make a difference. My new seed right now is 44000295, 622 delay. Thanks for replying, guys. :)

I started RNGing about a year ago, for Battle Tower purposes. While I have no problem reliably hitting the right delay, I have trouble with frames. I hate those cowgirls! I heard that breeding in HGSS all but removes this problem, because there is only one wandering NPC near the Day Care. So I decided to try HGSS breeding.... And I have a couple of questions.

In DPP, I used the Happiness Checker to advance my frame, and spawn a Pokemon with the nature, ability, and gender I wanted. Is a similar thing possible in HGSS? Or do I need to relegate myself to the Everstone trick? Does the Everstone mess anything up with breeding for IVs, like the Power Items do?

OmegaDonut said:
As a side note, it is possible to figure out your SID in HGSS very easily. This can be done by catching multiple Gyarados and recording their IVs and nature, resetting after each time. Putting these spreads into RNG Reporter's Chain to SID feature will reveal your game's SID.
Does this mean that I need to save and reset in front of Red Gyarados? Or is he talking about any old Gyarados?

And, I know that all uncaptured roamers, and uncaptured Pokemon like Sudowoodo and Snorlax all get "re-spawned" after you beat the Elite Four. Is this a one-time thing? More importantly, do their PIDs get reset? So if I played through HGSS casually (without resetting for a good Raikou), can I still reset for a proper thundercat after I finish the game?

What programs other than RNG reporter will I need? I'm thinking of downloading that "seed verifier" program on the first page.

Yes, I verified my seed using the coin flip and I did hit my time and delay. I tried like 4 different seeds or so but I'm not getting the right spread and nature. I brought a timid synchronizer too. And one more thing I saved infront of Palkia. One step before fighting the pokemon to be exact(would this affect the frame?). It's a bit annoying so I captured my roaming pokemon and see if it'll make a difference. My new seed right now is 44000295, 622 delay. Thanks for replying, guys. :)
Once you have verified your seed by coin flips H H H H H H T H H H
Open the journal and turn to a page with a caught or defeated pokemon 369 times. Make sure the sync is your lead.
EDIT: If you've captured your roamer (I must have skipped over that bit) do 370 flips because it also appears on frame 741

Saving in front of palkia shouldnt affect your frames or rng advances.
Also is your sync the first pkmn in your party?

Method J
Timid Sync
Frame 740
IV: 31/9/31/31/31/31

Is this your calculation
740 -1(for palkia) -1(for cresslia) = 738/2 = 369 page flips ?

And your sure that you did the correct advancement and you hit the correct frame by verifying it with the coin flip method?

I started RNGing about a year ago, for Battle Tower purposes. While I have no problem reliably hitting the right delay, I have trouble with frames. I hate those cowgirls! I heard that breeding in HGSS all but removes this problem, because there is only one wandering NPC near the Day Care. So I decided to try HGSS breeding.... And I have a couple of questions.

In DPP, I used the Happiness Checker to advance my frame, and spawn a Pokemon with the nature, ability, and gender I wanted. Is a similar thing possible in HGSS? Or do I need to relegate myself to the Everstone trick? Does the Everstone mess anything up with breeding for IVs, like the Power Items do?
Calling certain people replaced the happy app but so far I have no one to confirm my process.
About power items: Its recommend that your dont use any power items during the breeding process, as no one really knows how they affect the rng process

Does this mean that I need to save and reset in front of Red Gyarados? Or is he talking about any old Gyarados?
(I dont know what you mean by this, do you mean to check your SID or to RNG it?)

And, I know that all uncaptured roamers, and uncaptured Pokemon like Sudowoodo and Snorlax all get "re-spawned" after you beat the Elite Four. Is this a one-time thing? More importantly, do their PIDs get reset? So if I played through HGSS casually (without resetting for a good Raikou), can I still reset for a proper thundercat after I finish the game?
(Once you beat the E4, they will keep respawning until capture, but if you plan to rng them, its best to do it before you beat lance)

What programs other than RNG reporter will I need? I'm thinking of downloading that "seed verifier" program on the first page.
(RNG Reporter 8.10+ have the seed verifer)

I used the one with 741 frames, since there's another one just below the 740 frame. I have to subtract 1, which is from Palkia because I already caught my roamer just now. So, that's 370 page flips, right? And yes, I did hit my delay. I verified just now using coin flip.

I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Pineco with the spread I want. Its shiny and careful, so I have the nature I want as well. Now, when soft resetting for my result, is it necessary to hit your delay exactly, or is it ok if you were in the range of delays you entered in the RNG reporter?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Pineco with the spread I want. Its shiny and careful, so I have the nature I want as well. Now, when soft resetting for my result, is it necessary to hit your delay exactly, or is it ok if you were in the range of delays you entered in the RNG reporter?
exact delay NOT within the range of delays

I used the one with 741 frames, since there's another one just below the 740 frame. I have to subtract 1, which is from Palkia because I already caught my roamer just now. So, that's 370 page flips, right? And yes, I did hit my delay. I verified just now using coin flip.
741- 2 = 739 / 2 = 370.5

that .5 means you have to advance the rng by 1

Since you have 1 roamer you should aim for even frame.

Oh man I still didn't get it. I caught a quirky one. -__-

Should I always use the frame that appears on top?
Did you still use the odd frame?

What frame to use varies

Always try to use a frame that is divisible by 2 with the pokemon frame and roamers already subtracted

You do have 5 pkmn in your party right?

The nearest Quirky spreads are on frames 662 or 753. check the IVs on your Palkia and find out exactly which frame you hit so you can see where it is your going wrong
EDIT frame 741, your target, is QUIRKY 3 20 18 5 2 4

Your sync isnt your partys lead. Thats your problem.

I have a question about breeding for shiny nidorans.

Strangely, nidorans go against the normal breeding guidelines. I'll explain:

A while back when I first started breeding for a non-shiny Nidoran(F) I chose an egg spread that had a gender ratio that was completely Female(F/F/F/F) and I got a Nidoran(M)! I 've done this several times to make sure that I was hitting the egg spread correctly and I was. I would get the nature, but not the gender I wanted. I experimented a bit with the gender ratios, until I chose one that was F/M/M/F. I finally got Nidoran(F).

When I plan to breed for my Shiny Nidorans. I want them to have an egg move. Under what gender condition should they be under as to ensure that I get the gender I want hopefully not run into a problem like I did before?

is there a beginners faq for this?
i would like to leanr how to use RNG in heartgold,im a have little to none knowledge about this though,i dont even know how to ge my SID,or wich programs to get etc.i would like to IV breed and get some shiny eggs

Newts, DarkChaos(HCZ) and Elemt, thanks a lot for replying guys. I finally solved my problem. I caught my flawless Palkia now. It turns out I brought a different Alakazam with an inner focus ability... wasn't checking... stupid me. -_-

Thanks for the help.

I apologize if this is made obvious somewhere in the guide that I missed, but are the units for delay exactly (seconds/60) once it actually starts counting or is that just a close estimate?

This isn't exactly a RNG question, but for some reason I am finding it impossible to get an Adamant Dratini to RNG IVs on.

Things I've tried:
- Putting an Adamant Ditto holding an Everstone and an Adamant Dragonite (near perfect IVs) in the Daycare. Hatched nearly 20 eggs (one at a time...5k+ steps), still no Adamant.
- RNGing the nature. I've done this before. Took the Everstone off, by the way. I've tried two different seeds and both times, the Elm responses were perfect but I got a nature/gender that did not correspond to my seed at all.

I am completely baffled at why this is happening.

This isn't exactly a RNG question, but for some reason I am finding it impossible to get an Adamant Dratini to RNG IVs on.

Things I've tried:
- Putting an Adamant Ditto holding an Everstone and an Adamant Dragonite (near perfect IVs) in the Daycare. Hatched nearly 20 eggs (one at a time...5k+ steps), still no Adamant.
- RNGing the nature. I've done this before. Took the Everstone off, by the way. I've tried two different seeds and both times, the Elm responses were perfect but I got a nature/gender that did not correspond to my seed at all.

I am completely baffled at why this is happening.
Is it a local ditto, or a foreign ditto? That messes with it, if I recall correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)