Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

According to many sources, you can do the event once with a TRU/Eigakan/etc. Arceus and another time with a hacked HoO one. Sorry, edit of old post didn't go through.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but can anyone help me with the calibration phase on hgss so i can narrow my seconds and delay down ?

OK, I don't know what I did wrong. I'm trying to catch shiny giratina origin
I hit my target seed 60b0284 and I verified it with the coin flips.
Now my shiny spread was on frame 520 so as soon as the game loaded that advanced it 11. I went into my journal and exited back so the distortion world would load again and advance the frames 11 more. Then I went back into my journal and hit 238 Flips to advance it. Then I fought Giratina and it was not shiny nor the spread I was looking for.
I got a naive natured with these IVs 14/25/9/30/11/27

Which is on frame 510. But the frame column that says 'Actual' says 520. Should I try hitting the 'Actual' one for that shiny frame which says 533?

I'm guessing you didn't account for the third time you exited the journal; after you did the flips. And no matter how I look at it, I'm not sure how you thought to get 510 from that. 1+11+11=23 23+238=261 261+11= 272

No I did 3 Distortion worlds purposely because my frame I tried to hit was even. 520-1-22 = odd. Which leaves an extra frame after journal flips. So I did an extra 11 from the 3 distortion world maps which is 520-33-1 = 486/2 which is not 238 FML.. fail math...

I needed 5 more flips

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK, I don't know what I did wrong. I'm trying to catch shiny giratina origin
I hit my target seed 60b0284 and I verified it with the coin flips.
Now my shiny spread was on frame 520 so as soon as the game loaded that advanced it 11. I went into my journal and exited back so the distortion world would load again and advance the frames 11 more. Then I went back into my journal and hit 238 Flips to advance it. Then I fought Giratina and it was not shiny nor the spread I was looking for.
I got a naive natured with these IVs 14/25/9/30/11/27

Which is on frame 510. But the frame column that says 'Actual' says 520. Should I try hitting the 'Actual' one for that shiny frame which says 533?
looks like you did only 510 advancements so do what you did before except do 5 more journal flips. And ignore the actual frame colum for giratina, just use the frame on the left listed in the "Frame" column

No lol its 242. Also, I forgot that each was 2. Oops.

Can't you do the Arceus event twice if you do one event and one hacked HoO?

I am trying to RNG abuse the IVs for an egg on HG. I am on the right seed, I just need to know if talking to the Daycare Man advances the frame or not. If it does not it means I should talk to him on the frame RNG Reporter tells me to for the IVs then? If it does I should talk to him on the frame before RNG Reporter tells me to for the IVs, am I right?

Talking to him won't advance the frame; but you have to be quick, as there's a wandering NPC on the route who can advance it if you're not careful.

Wait, where is the wondering NPC? Does the NPC affect it if it is on the route or only if you can see the wondering NPC?

Really need help with HGSS Egg IV RNG--screenshots

I've been having a lot of trouble using RNG for Egg IVs in HG. I am not getting adjacents or the target no matter how often I try, no matter what seed I try, no matter if I save in front of the daycare man again. I really need help. This has gone on for over two days.

Here are my screenshots showing my results/work on RNG Reporter and Pikatimer. If anyone will help me, I will write up my exact steps if necessary for you to look at so my problem can be solved.

Just so you know, I've tried Pikatimer with a beginning delay of 480, 490, and my calibrated delay of 493 with no luck. I do not get adjacents at all. I am using an AR while doing all this so I can verify my results. I managed to get one Pokemon with perfect IVs on HG and that is all. This is my second attempt and nothing I do works.

Screenshots are here, here and here. The screenshots aren't the best quality because photo_bucket downsizes them.

What Method do I use for a pokemon such as Gamestop Jirachi that is given from the pokemart? Is there any pokemart with no walking Npcs?

It's all in my screenshots, Njb013. I've checked and re-checked so often, I'm beginning to believe I have a cursed game.

Edit: I'm hoping someone will see something simple to fix from the screenshots.

So you suggest inputting an earlier delay on Pikatimer? Such as how early?

Edit: must leave the desk for several hours, so I'll come back later and hopefully I will have some help with this.

What was the original delay, and the original time? Listed in RNGReporter or whatever you're using. When you get back, hopefully you'll look at this. Take the original delay and and 312 to it. Then, divide the new number by 60. Subtract the seconds space from the new amount. This should get you a delay with a time that adds up with the offset time to equal the seconds, or plus 1 minute, depending if you're waiting a minute before or not.

On HG, my calibrated delay is usually 493 or 495. The delay of my target seed is 496. I'm using a GBA game in the GBA slot to force the delay over to even (I've done this successfully before--my shiny egg came from an even delay). I'm not sure what you mean by original delay. Do you mean the delay I got when calibrating to see how fast I usually entered the game?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
BTW, what method are those eggs not from Daycare?
Such as the Togepi egg from Elm or the Riolu egg from Riley...
Are they treated as Method 1 Pokes? Or treated like as if it comes from daycare? (if this is the case then the PID is impossible to change)

Pls. answer as it seems that nobody answers last posts on a page... -_-

So, your target delay is 496. However, the delay isn't counted during the white screen portion when you soft reset. So you need to add an extra amount to the delay in Pikatimer and emloop, that is, you need to calibrate them. It's usually around 310ish; so, try adding 312 to your delay, then try the new value in Pikatimer. (808 in this case...)

BTW, what method are those eggs not from Daycare?
Such as the Togepi egg from Elm or the Riolu egg from Riley...
Are they treated as Method 1 Pokes? Or treated like as if it comes from daycare? (if this is the case then the PID is impossible to change)

Pls. answer as it seems that nobody answers last posts on a page... -_-
I think they count as gift Pokémon; isn't this mentioned on the first page? In the second post, maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)