Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

For RNG Reporter, what gender % should I be looking under for Swampert?

Edit: Sorry, I found a spread with male in all columns so it doesn't really matter anymore that much.

But could someone explain the gender %'s? Swampert is 12.5% female / 87.5% male... So which box am I looking under?

For RNG Reporter, what gender % should I be looking under for Swampert?
12.5%. All starters have that gender distribution.

The number represents the female gender percentage, so if it has a 75% chance of being female, the 75 column will tell you its gender for that spread.

Also, when calibrating, it's probably more helpful to aim for a seconds that isn't :00. RNG Reporter generates an exception if you have the minimum greater than the maximum for Generate Adjacent Spreads, so if you're aiming for 14:00 (mm:ss) and you end up hitting 13:59, it won't show up in the adjacent spreads output, and you won't be able to check the delay\offset of the spread you got instead.

Aim for a seconds value around :20 to :40 until you consistently have your seconds calibration down. Then you can aim for numbers closer to :00.

p.s. Another tip: try to keep one NPC visible on the screen when you save. Even though my average offset when I mash A and talk to the Day Care Man as soon as the game starts is 3-4, I've been able to very consistently hit an offset of 7 if I wait for the NPC to turn or move 1 step and then immediately talk to the man. Still haven't gotten a great Chimchar yet, but it's only a matter of time.

p.s.s. After more experimenting, I've refined a technique for getting the same offset more consistently:

1) Wait for one NPC to be on screen while standing by the Day Care Man.

2) Immediately after that NPC moves, save.

3) If the NPC moves right after you save, then you can start resetting for good IVs. If not, repeat steps 1-2 until this is true.

4) Wait for that NPC to move before talking to the Day Care Man.

If the NPC was scheduled to move right after the save, then every time you reload the game, it will move at the same time. This was true when I was getting really consistent offsets of 7. Further testing will show whether or not it works most of the time.
I didn't read this before, but I found that doing something similar, such as saving right after the npc moves does help in controlling the offset to a single number. Otherwise the offset will be fairly random, for example, I got sets of the same second, delay, but still a different offset in my data if I just load with a random save without factoring into npc movement. So I guess it's best to not let them move at all since if they move it will be "random".

Also I find that it's helpful to switch to April 30th to start calibrating as for some reason perfect spreads seem to occur much more often on this date using the RNG Reporter, could be a coincidence? I'm not sure. So, if you can calibrate your data and still find a spread you want on a different time but still on the same calendar day, then it would solve the problem having to save again after the journal pops up.

Either way, I'm still not successful at getting the correct delay/seconds. I went to download a stopwatch that had miliseconds, but sync'ing the clock again after using the time finder still always messes me up since I get +- 1 seconds sometimes after doing that, which is bad since there are already so many variables in play. I wish there was a better method to sync up two clocks. ;/

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to search within the "generate adjacent spreads" output to find my position? I don't seem to see the option for it...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also I find that it's helpful to switch to April 30th to start calibrating as for some reason perfect spreads seem to occur much more often on this date using the RNG Reporter, could be a coincidence? I'm not sure. So, if you can calibrate your data and still find a spread you want on a different time but still on the same calendar day, then it would solve the problem having to save again after the journal pops up.
I thought of a way to take advantage of this, actually. First calibrate your offset, then switch dates so that the journal shows up. Depending on what is on that first journal page, your offset will increase (IIRC +2 for each caught\obtained Pokemon). So once you've got your offset down consistently, you can just search for a spread with offset = that offset + the journal increase. And then you can search on ANY date.

Is it possible to search within the "generate adjacent spreads" output to find my position? I don't seem to see the option for it...
Try right-clicking on the spread.

Well, I just did the coin flips. Now hatching to see if I didn't mess up the 702 taps I had to do. If it's not shiny, I'm going to be really mad/upset.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No, and it's way down on the list to be honest. Best suggestion would be to export to csv and search in notepad.

i have a question, i follow every step and know I'm doing it right, but when I input the Iv's of the caught pokemon to the seed finder, I get a message saying "no matches found for the Iv's entered. Please check and try again."

what am I doing wrong, pretend I have my SID wrong would that affect it? although im sure I dont, am I somehow checking the Iv's wrong? I know my DS is synced with the clock right in front of me, what's my problem?

It means that if you are breeding, that stat is inherited from either the first parent (A) or the second parent (B) that you have in the daycare. Parent A is the one who's name is said first if you ask the guy about your pokemon.

i have a question, i follow every step and know I'm doing it right, but when I input the Iv's of the caught pokemon to the seed finder, I get a message saying "no matches found for the Iv's entered. Please check and try again."

what am I doing wrong, pretend I have my SID wrong would that affect it? although im sure I dont, am I somehow checking the Iv's wrong? I know my DS is synced with the clock right in front of me, what's my problem?
check your IVs again =/

What do the A's and B's in place of actual #'s mean when RNG Reporter outputs IVs?
A stands for the parent in slot 1 and B stands for the parent in slot 2 of the daycare

check your IVs again =/

A stands for the parent in slot 1 and B stands for the parent in slot 2 of the daycare
like even if my SID or godforsaken ID number was wrong would it still work?

but i guess ill just lvl em up to 100 and try metalkids calc and see if I get different results

Make sure your year, month, date, hour and minute are right.
Your ID and SID have no effect on how the seed finder itself works.
If all your time information is correct, you're either waiting way to long in the title and continue screens (over a minute is too long), or you're putting in the wrong IVs or nature.

It means that if you are breeding, that stat is inherited from either the first parent (A) or the second parent (B) that you have in the daycare. Parent A is the one who's name is said first if you ask the guy about your pokemon.
Ooohh, interesting...

ya i was misreading the IV screen, but now I just have a general question, why is it that when I input it all I only get one option for the initial seed finder when the kid in the video gets about 8 and not to mention if the delay isnt near the desired amount I have to redo it all over again, is this typical? cuz ive tried like 6 times and never got a delay around 600 and only one initial seed finder result each time

uh, how fast have you been entering the game? and you would probably only get one initial if no other seeds have such a spread at that delay and time.

ya i was misreading the IV screen, but now I just have a general question, why is it that when I input it all I only get one option for the initial seed finder when the kid in the video gets about 8 and not to mention if the delay isnt near the desired amount I have to redo it all over again, is this typical? cuz ive tried like 6 times and never got a delay around 600 and only one initial seed finder result each time
Mingot has updated the program since then to exclude many of the seeds that are unlikely for people that start the game quickly. Its makes it easier to use, so what you see is usually the right one.

I thought of a way to take advantage of this, actually. First calibrate your offset, then switch dates so that the journal shows up. Depending on what is on that first journal page, your offset will increase (IIRC +2 for each caught\obtained Pokemon). So once you've got your offset down consistently, you can just search for a spread with offset = that offset + the journal increase. And then you can search on ANY date.

Interesting, that makes sense.

I was trying out the offset advancement for flipping through the journal pages, and somehow I got odd increases. Have anyone actually determined the actions in a journal that advances the offset?

For example, on my first page it says I have a caught pokemon with a bunch of other stuffs. Advances +2, that's correct.

Then after that, I tried a series of flipping to the next page (which only says started from solaceon town) and flipping back and got these results which are repeatable.
Next Page +0
Next and Back +3
Next and Back and Next again + 0 (you get the idea)
2 Next 2 Back +0
3 Next 2 Back +1
3 Next 3 Back +2
4 Next 3 Back +0
4 Next 4 Back +1

Then I stopped after that since I couldn't seem to find a pattern to it. Has anyone figured out this yet? I suppose Jonny has seem he seems to be using this to an extent.

Mingot has updated the program since then to exclude many of the seeds that are unlikely for people that start the game quickly. Its makes it easier to use, so what you see is usually the right one.
so its fine that ive been getting only one seed and the fact that none of them have been around 600 delay is because I have not entered the game fast enough?

Exactly. What delays have you been getting, and do you usually press A very quickly until you get through the continue screen, or do you take your time?

Edit: The master has stepped in. I'll go back to fiddling with figuring out how the crap you can find where a seed places you on the PRNG list, which I probably do not have all the resources to do, i.e. an actual document with the seeds in order would be tremendously helpful. If anyone has a helpful hint, post or PM me if you don't want lots of people clamoring about how we need a guide. It should be obvious what I'm trying to do as there's only one reason to want to know where seeds drop you on the PRNG list...

Edit2: Thanks Mingot for fixing the tab thing in the seed finder. Such a little annoyance, so much more convenient now. Let me know if you want any specific research done, I've got some dead time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)