Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Show me your three binary numbers.

I came up with:

Woah! xD I see what I did wrong. I added those extra zeroes to the end of my TID's sequence instead of the front. I kept reading "front", too...

(Mine was: 1011101100100000 The top two rows were the same as yours.)

I understand now, thanks! :'D I'll try again after a break to stretch my fingers. Please excuse my blatant disregard of the English language. (Front? Back? lul)

Read the OP please.

But really there is nothing to figure out. If you usually get 618 then search for a spread with 618.
yeah, I've read through the OP already :X, but from what I remember the delay is something you randomly get (well not randomly, but isn't exactly something we can control too easily as we try to see what we generally hit and just try to hit those again), what I was asking was if there was something that affected the delay and if we would be able to control it a bit better to minimize error.
I just can't seem to hit 618 consistently when I'm actually aiming for a spread >_> but can hit it while calibrating... so I was wondering if there was something I was doing that I stopped doing.

It says get the initial seed for the caught pokemon right? I get that, then search frames by Breeding (DPPt) method and finding the offset, which the instructions say use it as the offset.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
yeah, I've read through the OP already :X, but from what I remember the delay is something you randomly get (well not randomly, but isn't exactly something we can control too easily as we try to see what we generally hit and just try to hit those again), what I was asking was if there was something that affected the delay and if we would be able to control it a bit better to minimize error.
I just can't seem to hit 618 consistently when I'm actually aiming for a spread >_> but can hit it while calibrating... so I was wondering if there was something I was doing that I stopped doing.
Not really, just try to be as consistent with how fast you tap as possible.

It says get the initial seed for the caught pokemon right? I get that, then search frames by Breeding (DPPt) method and finding the offset, which the instructions say use it as the offset.
The offset of the egg ...

Hatch the egg.

Look at the IV's.

Figure out which come from what parents.

Figure out which don't.

Find that on the list.

Or is this what you are doing?

Ok, so I just did the RNG and generated my seed, well I picked the first spread and when I tried to find the number of taps I would need it showed 0 happiness taps and 0 coin flips and in large red letters it said "DO NOT SWITCH TO THE HAPPINESS APPLICATION AT ALL". So what should I do? Reset and try again or do I skip the tapping step and put the pokes in the daycare?

whoa, I think you just need to put your Pokemon into the daycare since it calculated 0 taps, but you might want to wait for someone more knowledgeable to respond :X

Ah the delicious taste of sweet, sweet success! I've just hatched my very first shiny from this amazing trick, a silver Eevee! (and I'm eating Swedish Fish) 853 taps on the Happiness Checker takes quite a while, but it was worth it.

So clearly it only counts the taps on the touchscreen if you double-tap to get them to jump. I was worried that certain double-taps would screw me up since my Pokemon didn't jump.

Nasty Plot, I think you may need to reset. Are there any coin flips you have to do? You could try those, put them in the daycare, and hatch the egg. I just wouldn't save so you could start all over again if you don't get a shiny.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, so I just did the RNG and generated my seed, well I picked the first spread and when I tried to find the number of taps I would need it showed 0 happiness taps and 0 coin flips and in large red letters it said "DO NOT SWITCH TO THE HAPPINESS APPLICATION AT ALL". So what should I do? Reset and try again or do I skip the tapping step and put the pokes in the daycare?
Click the "Shiny Only" button.

Still getting in the thousands with the egg's frame, mingot.
Uh. Whats your seed and the IVs of both your parents and Pokemon you just hatched, the?

So I've read the IV breeding portion, and I'm trying to understand this. Method J works for both IV breeding and Soft Resetting legends like Dialga and Azelf? I'm just starting to read in on this so my understanding is pretty poor.

Let me see if I get this right. To exploit the RNG for egg IV, after you get the initial ranges, you use the time finder to find an iv range that you want. But after that, you not only need to keep resetting to get the delay right, but the offset as well.

I've tried it out and that really seems like a tall order considering even my initial range of 20 data gets me a delay range of 597-621, and offset of 8-12. Wouldn't that be a possible combination of like 40 delays/offsets?
So it is really that hard, huh? ;/

Edit: Nevermind, went back a page and saw the answer for the odd/even thing. It would be helpful if you could input the stats you have instead of looking through the whole list of "adjacent results" using time finder since sometimes it really does deviate a lot. I find that going to catch wild pokemon and ensuring your offset is near or at your range is helpful because it's a pain to look through the adjacent list.

I find it easier setting the Poketch to app #1 rather than #5 before resetting the game. It still works, and you don't even have to have an extra watch or anything.

Also, thanks a lot for this; I have a Bold shiny Eevee waiting for me on my Pearl and a Timid shiny Eevee waiting for me on my Platinum.

Also, for the IV breeding/egg exploit, do you have to stay on the same egg or it doesn't matter at all? Can you use offset data for different eggs? I suppose stuffs like NPC position would drastically change offset, so I should stay on the same save/egg then?

If my shiny is impish nature ability 0 how do i know which ability it will be?
Say skarmory sturdy or keen eye is 0?

Only the date and time (to the minute) matters for the initial seed when you press A at the continue screen. I believe the time you take to catch the pokemon affects the offset and that does not affect the seed. Once you encounter the wild pokemon, everything is already locked in and nothing else matters.

Only the date and time (to the minute) matters for the initial seed when you press A at the continue screen. I believe the time you take to catch the pokemon affects the offset and that does not affect the seed. Once you encounter the wild pokemon, everything is already locked in and nothing else matters.
The only part of that which i understood. Thanks.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Successfully hatched two shinies so far since I fixed my SID yesterday. x)
Thanks again for your help! I feel incredibly enlightened. The directions on your guide were also very easy to follow along with. :'D

Can someone clarify this for me? Lets say I found my usual Delay of 606 from my calibration phase and found my spread within the 606 to Maximum Delay, I set my DS clock to the time and adjust the seconds and stuff and get the egg within the desired time. Now before I hatch the egg, can I find the Delay from the initial seed again and if the Delay of that doesn't match 606 then I shouldn't bother checking the IVs right?

Can someone clarify this for me? Lets say I found my usual Delay of 606 from my calibration phase and found my spread within the 606 to Maximum Delay, I set my DS clock to the time and adjust the seconds and stuff and get the egg within the desired time. Now before I hatch the egg, can I find the Delay from the initial seed again and if the Delay of that doesn't match 606 then I shouldn't bother checking the IVs right?
Yes. Or you can check the egg IVs and with the adjacent results see how far off you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)