Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm just getting started on RNGing shiny pokemon and I'm trying to figure out my SID on heart gold. I have a shiny ho-oh I got via SRing and the lake of rage shiny gyrados and came up with different SIDs for both of them (2 different possiblities from ho-oh and a completely different one from the gyrados). I was able to figure out my SID in Diamond rather easily with a natural tentracruel and pichu. Is the method for determining your SID different in HGSS different than DPPt? Also, how can I check easily if I figured out the right SID in HG? I know people offer to do it via AR but I would like to avoid that if possible.

I'm using PikaTimer and I can't hit any seed at all within the range of +- 10 seconds +- 99 delays.
I know my time and date are set correctly on my ds.

I input my target delay and second on PikaTimer and create the timer, when I set the time on my ds i press space on the computer restart the ds and when the timer hits 0.00 i click a to enter the game then when it hits 0.00 again I enter the game from the continue screen.

Once in the game I hit x straight away go to the pokegear and call irwin and input his responses to elm responses, sometimes I get a match but it is so far outside of the time frame that it may just be a false match, now I've released the roamers r and e I can't get a match for elm and roamers together at all.

Can anyone help me as to what might be my problem?

I'm just getting started on RNGing shiny pokemon and I'm trying to figure out my SID on heart gold. I have a shiny ho-oh I got via SRing and the lake of rage shiny gyrados and came up with different SIDs for both of them (2 different possiblities from ho-oh and a completely different one from the gyrados). I was able to figure out my SID in Diamond rather easily with a natural tentracruel and pichu. Is the method for determining your SID different in HGSS different than DPPt? Also, how can I check easily if I figured out the right SID in HG? I know people offer to do it via AR but I would like to avoid that if possible.
Gyarados works like a "chained" shiny
So the right SID is the one that you get from HO-OH

Is there a way to change/control getting "not even a nibble" for fishing? I got that when trying to RNG for my pokemon... I'm just wondering if (due to the nature of RNG) it will ALWAYS be "not even a nibble" when fishing on my target frame with my particular seed and time.

I'm using PikaTimer and I can't hit any seed at all within the range of +- 10 seconds +- 99 delays.

I input my target delay and second on PikaTimer and create the timer, when I set the time on my ds i press space on the computer restart the ds and when the timer hits 0.00 i click a to enter the game then when it hits 0.00 again I enter the game from the continue screen.

Once in the game I hit x straight away go to the pokegear and call irwin and input his responses to elm responses, sometimes I get a match but it is so far outside of the time frame that it may just be a false match, now I've released the roamers r and e I can't get a match for elm and roamers together at all.

When I get into a situation like that, I start from a new save. I resave the game at the place where I'm supposed to be, taking note of where the roamers are first, just before I save. Then I redo the work on RNG Reporter, make sure my OT and SID are still in correctly and get the seed calculated again. Sometimes it's best to just start from a new save.

Is there a way to change/control getting "not even a nibble" for fishing? I got that when trying to RNG for my pokemon... I'm just wondering if (due to the nature of RNG) it will ALWAYS be "not even a nibble" when fishing on my target frame with my particular seed and time.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1821938&postcount=5

According to this post, I would say you cannot change/control it, and that it will always be like this on the frame you want on this seed.

I saw in the DPPt information that the monster frame for fishing is 4 though, and I read from you that after some tests you've found out it was 3, maybe try to fish on frame 988, and see what happens ? It might be 4 after all, and you've got nothing to lose considering frame 989 gives you "not even a nibble" message..

You're probably using the wrong numbers. I'm not sure exactly how to use Pikatimer, but double check that you're using the wrong times.

When I get into a situation like that, I start from a new save. I resave the game at the place where I'm supposed to be, taking note of where the roamers are first, just before I save. Then I redo the work on RNG Reporter, make sure my OT and SID are still in correctly and get the seed calculated again. Sometimes it's best to just start from a new save.
Yeah I've tried it, I just want to hit my seed is it possible that the Irwin results don't match up with the elm results at some point in the story?

yeah this point might explain it, it mentions that elm and irwin responses may not match up after the team rocket incident in goldenrod city. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2657482&postcount=279
What is the rocket incident? I don't think I've been a part of any rocket incident since slowpoke well.

The guide I read on PikaTimer says that calibration isn't a big deal and suggest the numbers to use for calibration, might this be the reason I can't get it? I think the guide is on the first page of this thread.

You still need to know your usual seconds and delays to get into a game. You just don't need to do a calibration every time you save in front of the daycare man after that. I have never had success with Pikatimer when using random delays and random calibrated seconds.

Edit: I think it's best to have played through the game before starting RNG.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to catch spiritomb.
Have I to deal with some NPCs?
If yes, how to stop them?
If your on plat, the NPCs that actually move randomly in that route are all trainers so you should be able to stop them with the VS seeker, I am not 100% sure if the same applies to D/P

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If your on plat, the NPCs that actually move randomly in that route are all trainers so you should be able to stop them with the VS seeker, I am not 100% sure if the same applies to D/P

I'm catching it on platinum, so I should be able to vs seek all the trainers I guess.
Thanks for the info.

I only ever see my SID and OT and dates in some parts of RNG reporter remain the same, otherwise, it's back to default. You should just fill in want you want all over again.

I've been searching for ages for an ideal seed to catch a wild houndour but i've had no luck, and it seems i keep getting the same results. I think my requirements are too specific (nature, gender, ability, HP Flying)...am I wasting my time?

when i rng in soulsilver, when calibrating do I have to catch a lv 50+ pokemon?
i went to mt silver and caught lv 45 pokemon
is this okay or do i have to catch 50+?

Since you're soft-resetting and therefore not saving, you could always use your rare candies to level up a level 45 poke to 50 and then use the stats in RNG Reporter to check your delays and seconds. Once you know your usual delay and seconds, you should never have to calibrate in HGSS again.

Since you're soft-resetting and therefore not saving, you could always use your rare candies to level up a level 45 poke to 50 and then use the stats in RNG Reporter to check your delays and seconds. Once you know your usual delay and seconds, you should never have to calibrate in HGSS again.
i only got 3 rare candies, this is starting to get annoying
do lv 50+ pokemon appear in mt silver?

EDIT: if there are no lv 50+ pokemon in mt silver, what place does have some?
could I calibrate in Kanto then fly to johto?

If you have any legendaries still about that you havent caught, you can use them to check for IV's. Although you'll need a master ball to cath it easily.

Please try it with Irwin, the Juggler at Route 30.
According to this and my assuming, calling irwin MIGHT advance the IRNG by +1.
Hi. I tried Irwin with no luck. I've only tried once so far, but the advancement didn't happen. I was lucky and I picked a frame of 2, so I still got my correct egg before incoming calls or something ruined it, but calling Irwin didn't give me the right egg on the first one. So for now, it looks like Youngster Joey is stable so long as he's not looking for a battle.

A small note: Joey was looking for a battle when I tried this. I wonder if it's possible that if either are looking for battles, neither advances the frames for EGG IVs.

Go inside Mt. Silver. Look around for Lv 50+ Pokemon. If you don't see any Lv 50 Pokemon then go deeper into the cave.

Chamommy, when you started to rng where did you calibrate?

I have an AR so I'm able to use IVs to check my catches now, which means I can catch any pokemon to calibrate.

You'll have to take the advice above my post or trade for rare candies to get enough to at least put level 40 pokes up to level 50. It's always good to collect at least 99 rare candies. This is how I checked IVs before I had the AR (which I only bought a maybe three or four weeks ago).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)