Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Anyone have advice on frame advancement inside stores in Platinum? I'm looking for frame 46 for a Wondercard and therefore I need 22 journal flips, then one more frame. [46 - 1 (wondercard monster frame) - 0 (no roamers)] / 2 = 22.5 journal flips. 22 flips, then what? Allow one NPC to move?

Can anyone help here? The guides explain frame advancement, but not while standing in a store where 128 steps without NPC movement is out of the question. Is the another type of journal page that only advances 1? Coin flipping does NOT advance frame like Elm calls, correct?

Also, I still have a Manaphy Egg from Ranger to do with roughly the same desired IV spread, and since it is an Egg generated by Method 1 (despite Wondercard method of delivery), the target frame is 47 for that same IV spread. I could use the same seed for it and then just do 23 flips to reach frame 47. Correct?
Wondercard seems to produce the same spreads on frames 1 lower than Method 1, meaning a Method 1, frame 1 spread is impossible with a Wondercard. Why the frame skip there?
Mingot, you're here, I see. Any advice?

That's what I've been doing.
No. No it really isn't.

Elm responses I got: P P P P K E K E E
Elm responses shown on RNG Reporter: E P P P P K E K E E P
the IVs are generated on frame 8 so I call elm 7 times and then pick up the egg.
1 Elm frame clearly skipped + 7 Elm Calls + 1 advancement to get the egg = Frame 9

The next time this happens, do yourself a favor and don't count the calls. Go by the pattern. If you use the above seed again, call until you get PKE and then quickly get the egg, or if you really can't outspeed the NPC (yes it can move after you close the menu if you're unfortunate enough) then call until you get PK. Or, check the IVs you did get against your target seed and see for yourself how far off you were.

ShinAkuma999 said:
Anyone have advice on frame advancement inside stores in Platinum? I'm looking for frame 46 for a Wondercard and therefore I need 22 journal flips, then one more frame. [46 - 1 (wondercard monster frame) - 0 (no roamers)] / 2 = 22.5 journal flips. 22 flips, then what? Allow one NPC to move?

Can anyone help here? The guides explain frame advancement, but not while standing in a store where 128 steps without NPC movement is out of the question. Is the another type of journal page that only advances 1? Coin flipping does NOT advance frame like Elm calls, correct?
Yeah, for DPPt Wondercards you can't get that extra advancement without the NPC helping. Coin flips won't help and the journal can only advance by 2 per flip, if at all.

ShinAkuma999 said:
Also, I still have a Manaphy Egg from Ranger to do with roughly the same desired IV spread, and since it is an Egg generated by Method 1 (despite Wondercard method of delivery), the target frame is 47 for that same IV spread. I could use the same seed for it and then just do 23 flips to reach frame 47. Correct?
Wondercard seems to produce the same spreads on frames 1 lower than Method 1, meaning a Method 1, frame 1 spread is impossible with a Wondercard. Why the frame skip there?
The same IV spread as the other one on Frame 46? Wondercard frames are just Method 1 frames +2, so if they're the same you could just use the second seed and go for the easier Frame 49. Not sure why you're seeing that frame difference, though, since a Method 1 frame 1 should be the same as Wondercard frame 3. Which seed are you looking at?

Personally, I went with TRU Manaphy over the egg, so I don't know about it being Method 1...but if it is, then yes it should work that way.

I need some help with Emloop. I have been able to use this program successfully only for ID/SID abuse, but never for getting the right delay for a catch or breeding project. I'm using it on HG. I follow the instructions but I never get matching roamer positions for anything, not even for adjacent delays. Without adjacent delays, I can't adjust Emloop. I've tried the exact delay I wanted. I've tried adding 100 to it to allow for the delay when my game starts, but nothing helps. Is there anyone out there who uses Emloop for catching or breeding who can help me use it correctly. The guide is not helping me. It was good for ID/SID abuse, but not working for anything else.

Risky, great job on triple 7's for your post count! It looks awesome :toast:. Also why don't you try using PikaTimer? Maybe you should change the calibrated second to 13.33 instead, that is what I normally do when I use PikaTimer and I hit my delay almost consistently.

I need some help with Emloop. I have been able to use this program successfully only for ID/SID abuse, but never for getting the right delay for a catch or breeding project. I'm using it on HG. I follow the instructions but I never get matching roamer positions for anything, not even for adjacent delays. Without adjacent delays, I can't adjust Emloop. I've tried the exact delay I wanted. I've tried adding 100 to it to allow for the delay when my game starts, but nothing helps. Is there anyone out there who uses Emloop for catching or breeding who can help me use it correctly. The guide is not helping me. It was good for ID/SID abuse, but not working for anything else.
The "extra delay" when your game starts is usually closer to 200 or 300, actually. Unless you want to deal with experimenting, though, I'd suggest putting a delay of 900 or so into Emloop and running through it a few times while verifying your seed *by catching a Pokemon* until you can hit one or two delays consistently. Then, take that delay and subtract it from the delay you used in Emloop. You will need to add the result to your delay each time you use Emloop for that cart.

Pikatimer on this computer swings like you wouldn't believe. I'm talking going fifty points in either direction. I only have to sneeze for it to swing the other direction. For example, today I spent the afternoon trying to hit my delay with Pikatimer for Rayquaza and it has only gotten me as close as four delays off three times this afternoon. I'd like something more stable. If I could only figure emloop out, maybe I could use that, but I've been stuck with Pikatimer's messiness for a while now.

Edit: Thanks, Kiddu. I'll experiment with adding seconds, starting with 300 and see where I finally manage to get an adjacent.

From page 921:

I have my SID in Emerald, so I should be able to get some shinies from that game. In RNG Reporter, when I put my ID and SID in and click "Shiny Only," it gives me results for Method 1 (stationary legendaries) and Method 2 (wild pokemon). These frames match up for both methods, or course, but the IVs are different. Also, when I go to Emerald Breeds under Method, it gives me no results.
When breeding, if I hit the same frame as my Method 1 and 2 shiny frames, will the egg be shiny?

I am assuming that it is not possible to RNG in the Pokewalker? has any research been done on this walking device? sorry, just curious.

Yeah, for DPPt Wondercards you can't get that extra advancement without the NPC helping. Coin flips won't help and the journal can only advance by 2 per flip, if at all.

The same IV spread as the other one on Frame 46? Wondercard frames are just Method 1 frames +2, so if they're the same you could just use the second seed and go for the easier Frame 49. Not sure why you're seeing that frame difference, though, since a Method 1 frame 1 should be the same as Wondercard frame 3. Which seed are you looking at?

Personally, I went with TRU Manaphy over the egg, so I don't know about it being Method 1...but if it is, then yes it should work that way.
Now, that is an informative response I can use. So sitck it out with NPC to get that extra frame? Fair enough. As for the Wondercard thing, I may have misread, but everything I was seeing was a spread appearing at, say, 47 with JavaRNG Method 1. That same spread was appearing in RNGReporter Wondercard on frame 46. I'm looking to do another spread/seed for the same thing that appears on frame 1 (RNGReporter - Wondercard). Maybe I'm missing something. I'm starting to think that the frame reported by JavaRNG doesn't match the chosen method or something. The seed I'm going to use now is e4110322 and I'm looking for the 31/3/22/30/27/31 HP Grass 70. JavaRNG shows this as frame 2 on Method 1. RNGReporter shows it as frame 1 on Wondercard. You're saying its Method 1 frame should really be -1 so to speak? I suppose the lesson to learn here is use JavaRNG to find seeds but don't trust its frames; use RNGReporter for all other functions. Thanks for your help!

If you keep the same things open like the same internet browser and the same other things your delay shouldn't swing too much. Normally when I use PikaTimer I have Google Chrome, PikaTimer, and RNG Reporter on the toolbar while I have PikaTimer open. It really works for any Internet Browser, not just Google Chrome.

Now, that is an informative response I can use. So sitck it out with NPC to get that extra frame? Fair enough. As for the Wondercard thing, I may have misread, but everything I was seeing was a spread appearing at, say, 47 with JavaRNG Method 1. That same spread was appearing in RNGReporter Wondercard on frame 46. I'm looking to do another spread/seed for the same thing that appears on frame 1 (RNGReporter - Wondercard). Maybe I'm missing something. I'm starting to think that the frame reported by JavaRNG doesn't match the chosen method or something. The seed I'm going to use now is e4110322 and I'm looking for the 31/3/22/30/27/31 HP Grass 70. JavaRNG shows this as frame 2 on Method 1. RNGReporter shows it as frame 1 on Wondercard. You're saying its Method 1 frame should really be -1 so to speak? I suppose the lesson to learn here is use JavaRNG to find seeds but don't trust its frames; use RNGReporter for all other functions. Thanks for your help!
So to speak, yeah. Just compare the Wondercard IVs from frame 3 of that seed down to the Method 1 IVs from frame 1, and you can even see the similarity. If JavaRNG's giving you weird results like that, then you'd probably rather use something like PokeRNG or just RNG Reporter's Open Search.

Edit: Thanks, Kiddu. I'll experiment with adding seconds, starting with 300 and see where I finally manage to get an adjacent.
I hope you mean "adding delay." ;P

So to speak, yeah. Just compare the Wondercard IVs from frame 3 of that seed down to the Method 1 IVs from frame 1, and you can even see the similarity. If JavaRNG's giving you weird results like that, then you'd probably rather use something like PokeRNG or just RNG Reporter's Open Search.
I'm going to just use RNGReporter for eveything I can. My main man mingot wouldn't steer us wrong. To hell with that 46 one. This new seed is on frame 1. Much easier then journal flips then waiting for that car to drive by my house. *wink*

You have to know the OT and SID of the other game and use those to do you seed calculations. Then you give the egg to the other game and it will hatch shiny.

I need help. This is while using the seed finder for Pokemon Diamond. Every time i enter the stats and click find, it always tell me to check my time and date. I've checked it many times and i found out that i entered the right date and time. And there is no issue with the 12/24 hour clock thing because that is the first thing i checked. Can someone help me please?

Guys, let's say my seed's time is 11:59am, and I want to use RadioSeed, however, 11am is Buenas password show. If I wait for it to turn 12pm (pokemon search party) to verify my seed, is the result still accurate?

ok. im trying to RNG in SS. I hit my delay ad my seed has a frame of 8. Do i deposit my parents then advance the frame? Can I advance the frame by calling joey 3 times then ditch one egg and the next one will be shiny?

I need help. This is while using the seed finder for Pokemon Diamond. Every time i enter the stats and click find, it always tell me to check my time and date. I've checked it many times and i found out that i entered the right date and time. And there is no issue with the 12/24 hour clock thing because that is the first thing i checked. Can someone help me please?
I've had this happen to me. I can't explain it. I checked the date and time on the DS and RNG Reporter. When the project fails to get a seed or adjacent delays consistently despite everything, I change the date of my RNG entirely or I change the seed.

ok. im trying to RNG in SS. I hit my delay ad my seed has a frame of 8. Do i deposit my parents then advance the frame? Can I advance the frame by calling joey 3 times then ditch one egg and the next one will be shiny?
You can call Joey before or after the parents are in daycare. It makes no difference. As to your second question, without knowing how many roamers you have, I can't be sure of how many calls you need to do to advance to your target. As for the last question, yes, you can ditch one egg and take your target egg, when you have an even number of frames to advance.

For RNG'ing the Red Gyarados how do you find spreads that you want and can use for it and find out what frame it is on? I don't see any real mention about it in this thread.

For RNG'ing the Red Gyarados how do you find spreads that you want and can use for it and find out what frame it is on? I don't see any real mention about it in this thread.
Search thread seems to be overloaded at the moment, but this is in the second post:

The Red Gyarados is generated by the same algorithm used to generate chained shinies in DPPt. Version 7.50 and later of RNG Reporter lists the spreads, but not necessarily the correct frames they appear on.

As a side note, it is possible to figure out your SID in HGSS very easily. This can be done by catching multiple Gyarados and recording their IVs and nature, resetting after each time. Putting these spreads into RNG Reporter's Chain to SID feature will reveal your game's SID.

As for the actual frames, I don't know. It's probably not safe to assume it starts on frame 1. I'm not aware of other information beyond using the chained shiny method.

help re: shiny egg HGSS

Hi,

I have been trying to use RNG in HGSS for shiny egg.

The target is careful, female (12.5%), any ability.
The seed I was looking for is : 99090320 2010-07-09 09:40:50 (delay 550) at frame 10, which supposely yield PID-51CD440E. (which is indeed shiny for my ID/SID)

Using Pikatimer I was able to reach this seed. Verified with Elm call & roam route.

steps:

- entering game (saved inside daycare)
- going into pokegear, map, verified 3 roamers in their corresponding location
- going into phone, called Elm 6 times for EKPEPE, verified seed is at 99090230. (calling 6 times + 3 roamers to advance frame to 10)
- deposited both parents (no held items)
- went outside , cycling till egg appeared

with the above steps it returns me an egg of the PID 2FDEA7C0. Jolly nature. Attempted 3 times, each yielding the exact same PID. All verified with elm call & route.

Any pointers on where I might screwed up?
Does calling elm not advance the frame for egg PID?

Thanks so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 14)