Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For DPPt rnging eggs would the bunuary in the daycare count as a moving NPC since even if I mash a it still always moves so it's almost impossible for me to make it work, is there any way get you egg before the bunuary moves?
the buneary does not advance frames as it moves in a constant pattern.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

You may notice that there an option for "DPP Egg PID (International)" under the item that you are selecting. If you are breeding Pokémon of games that are in two different languages (such as a US Ditto with a Japanese Skitty) you should select this option.

Wait when you hit your target time there are other spreads with different delays, is there anyway to make you delay what you want or is it impossible?

Sometimes when confirming my delay with elm calls, when i use the search function the calls are shifted 2 to the right (e.g. for delay with calls E E P P P P K K K K E K, my calls are P P P P K K K K E). If this happens, should I look for a different seed?

So far, I've hit the seed I was looking for twice with the calls shifted, and the IVs were not what I was looking for.

Yes, there is. Read the guide.
Really which one? I read the first three articles (I'll do the others when I learn how to rng a egg) but I found nothing except the GBA slot thing and the delay is approximately 60 times the time thing, but that;s all. I mean like actually take full control in the delay and stuff.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Really which one? I read the first three articles (I'll do the others when I learn how to rng a egg) but I found nothing except the GBA slot thing and the delay is approximately 60 times the time thing, but that;s all. I mean like actually take full control in the delay and stuff.
too bad you can't or RNG manipulation would be a joke if you could control your delay at will, the best thing you could do is learn to use a timer/stopwatch, it lets you hit high delays more consistently than random button mashing and you can go for higher delays to get lower frames (this mainly applies to capture RNGing)

Sometimes when confirming my delay with elm calls, when i use the search function the calls are shifted 2 to the right (e.g. for delay with calls E E P P P P K K K K E K, my calls are P P P P K K K K E). If this happens, should I look for a different seed?

So far, I've hit the seed I was looking for twice with the calls shifted, and the IVs were not what I was looking for.
You should save when this happens, hopefully when you go back in the game everything should be normal again.

Nope, still not working. To clarify...

What I am trying to do: Breed IVs onto a pokemon
Seed: 7503020F
Delay: 517
Elm responses I got: P P P P K E K E E
Elm responses shown on RNG Reporter: E P P P P K E K E E P

Other information: I have killed off Raikou and Entei (have not talked to Steven and generated Latios), and am attempting without a 3rd gen game in the GBA slot (I've found that only even delays appear with a GBA game and odd delays without)

On a side note, when attempting a Magnezone which ability is magnet pull, 0 or 1?

Other information: I have killed off Raikou and Entei (have not talked to Steven and generated Latios), and am attempting without a 3rd gen game in the GBA slot (I've found that only even delays appear with a GBA game and odd delays without)

On a side note, when attempting a Magnezone which ability is magnet pull, 0 or 1?
If I have my concept down right, there might be an NPC advancing your frame...I think...

Then stop on the Elm Call immediately before the Elm call in which the IVs you are trying to get are generated. If you do this then when you receive the egg it should normally have the IVs you are trying to get.

Then stop on the Elm Call immediately before the Elm call in which the IVs you are trying to get are generated. If you do this then when you receive the egg it should normally have the IVs you are trying to get.
I have been doing that, the IVs are generated on frame 8 so I call elm 7 times and then pick up the egg. =/ it's weird cause i've tried numerous other seeds and the same thing keeps happening.

If I have my concept down right, there might be an NPC advancing your frame...I think...
There is one NPC that randomly moves on the route. Sometimes, depending on your seed, he just moves too quickly that he advances the frame once or twice before you pause. The seed you got is still good, you just have to now account for a frame that is 1 or 2 higher. As for Magnezone, check X Act's article on PID creation. There is a list there that shows the corresponding abilities.

EDIT: If you need to stop calling on frame 7, only call 4 or 5 times depending on what frame you start on because of the npc movement.

I have been doing that, the IVs are generated on frame 8 so I call elm 7 times and then pick up the egg. =/ it's weird cause i've tried numerous other seeds and the same thing keeps happening.
You stop on the call before. On the call which shows what you get on frame 7 not on the call that you get for frame 8. That's how you do it. Receive the egg after the call for frame 7 and you should get the egg with the correct IVs. That's what I have always been doing and getting the correct IVs for the eggs. I never seem to miss my frame personally.

You stop on the call before. On the call which shows what you get on frame 7 not on the call that you get for frame 8. That's how you do it. Receive the egg after the call for frame 7 and you should get the egg with the correct IVs. That's what I have always been doing and getting the correct IVs for the eggs. I never seem to miss my frame personally.
That's what I've been doing. I moved to a new seed, C10D0291, where the frame is 6. I call elm 5 times, then pick up the egg, and yet it doesn't work. I highly doubt the NPC is moving every single time i try this, because I press X as soon as I enter the game.

Is it possible for the NPC to advance the frame while in the pokegear screen when i'm calling elm?

Anyone have advice on frame advancement inside stores in Platinum? I'm looking for frame 46 for a Wondercard and therefore I need 22 journal flips, then one more frame. [46 - 1 (wondercard monster frame) - 0 (no roamers)] / 2 = 22.5 journal flips. 22 flips, then what? Allow one NPC to move?
Also, I still have a Manaphy Egg from Ranger to do with roughly the same desired IV spread, and since it is an Egg generated by Method 1 (despite Wondercard method of delivery), the target frame is 47 for that same IV spread. I could use the same seed for it and then just do 23 flips to reach frame 47. Correct?

Just curious... How hard is breeding in HG/SS without any cheats? Still possible to get good spreads and whatnot?

I'm used to codes, and now I'm going fresh. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)