Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

HGSS - RNGing the Roamers (Latias)

When the roamers are regenerated post-E4, their stats are created via Method 1 on the following frames:

1st roamer: frame 1
2nd roamer: frame 6
3rd roamer: frame 11

The order for regeneration is Entei -> Raikou -> Lati@s...

...Once you have hit your seed, use the radio to advance the frame. Remember, since you have 2 other roamers on the map, then you (probably) begin the count from frame 3 instead of frame 1. (Make sure to check the output of Seed Verifier to confirm whether you should start from 3.) So if your desired spread is on frame 100, you must advance the frame exactly 97 times.
So, to RNG for Latias Post-Elite 4, should I start counting my frame advancements from frame 11 or 3? Or frame 13? (Latias' starting frame of 11 + 2 frames from the roamers) Help please!

The adjacent results: the results in the frame above and below the one you wanted.

You verify the seed by doing 10 coinflips as soon as you enter the game. If you are tapping fliping for breeding, you should do it somewhere where there are no NPCs, cause they advance your frames.
Still getting nothing :/ I've been trying all day with the lowest frames and not one single shiny has hatched. What gets to me is the first time I tried it, it worked and now it doesn't arghh >:|

Someone helppp lol I'm getting so frustrated :\

I'm trying to verify the save frame I'm on for this egg and I've gotten frame 10, 11, 12, 15, 17 when finding it... whats the proper procedure here? Whenever I've done it before and been successful I got a consistent frame every single time like 11 or something..

Edit: Ah I think I'm letting some NPC's move accidentally.. i saw one of the cowgirls turn before i got the egg and hit frame 12 after hitting 11 prior so I'm thinking im on frame 11..

I'm trying to verify the save frame I'm on for this egg and I've gotten frame 10, 11, 12, 15, 17 when finding it... whats the proper procedure here? Whenever I've done it before and been successful I got a consistent frame every single time like 11 or something..
When this happens, I set the date back a few days so the journal opens, enter the game, cancel the journal and press X as fast as i can, save the game again, reload the game an verify the new save frame. The inconsistency is thanks to the NPCs

Still getting nothing :/ I've been trying all day with the lowest frames and not one single shiny has hatched. What gets to me is the first time I tried it, it worked and now it doesn't arghh >:|

Someone helppp lol I'm getting so frustrated :\

You are doing it by capturing a pokemon, verifying the seed, finding shinys whithing the seed, making the necessary flips+taps, and then depositing the pokemon, right?

When this happens, I set the date back a few days so the journal opens, enter the game, cancel the journal and press X as fast as i can, save the game again, reload the game an verify the new save frame. The inconsistency is thanks to the NPCs
alright thanks ill try this, I gave up on that save frame, way too inconsistent and will drive me crazy down the road.

i'm trying to rng for shiny eggs on soul silver. I've attempted it many time but i still dont understand pika timer. Do i set the time and press start on the pikatimer at the same time? if that is true, then do i press soul silver on ds menu when the first timer reach zero or do it enter the game and soft reset when the first time hit zero?

i'm trying to rng for shiny eggs on soul silver. I've attempted it many time but i still dont understand pika timer. Do i set the time and press start on the pikatimer at the same time? if that is true, then do i press soul silver on ds menu when the first timer reach zero or do it enter the game and soft reset when the first time hit zero?
Go read the guide on my thread.

I do it like this:
Set the DS clock to the appropriate date/time
Start the DS clock and the pika timer at the same time.
Wait for the first timer on the Pictochat, Ds download Play screen
When the first time reaches 0.00, press A to start loading the game
Wait for the second timer on the continue screen
Press A to enter the game when the second timer reaches 0.00

You are doing it by capturing a pokemon, verifying the seed, finding shinys whithing the seed, making the necessary flips+taps, and then depositing the pokemon, right?
I still don't quite understand the verifying part D: mind explaining it? As soon as I hit continue I have to do 10 coin flips? Is it alright to save it with the coin flip app on? How do the 10 coin flips verify it exactly? and do I just put it at app number five right after? Sorry about this noobish questions.

I still don't quite understand the verifying part D: mind explaining it? As soon as I hit continue I have to do 10 coin flips? Is it alright to save it with the coin flip app on? How do the 10 coin flips verify it exactly? and do I just put it at app number five right after? Sorry about this noobish questions.
You might want to read my guide as well, Leona. Plus BearsFan has videos about this. Links to his vids are on the first page of this help thread. To find my guides, visit my thread.

I take it you are inside the day-care, right?
RNG reporter should have provided you 10 coinflips for you to verify your seed, then a number of taps and flips. You enter the game, do the flips to see is you are on the right seed - change to the happiness checker taps (the fast way, where the lower screen only shows the number of the app on the corner) do the taps pokemon jumps = 1 tap, change back to coin flip (the fast way again) and do the remaining flips.

You might want to read my guide as well, Leona. Plus BearsFan has videos about this. Links to his vids are on the first page of this help thread. To find my guides, visit my thread.
I saw, Does it work the same for DPPt? I'm doing it on Diamond!

I haven't seen Bearsfan's videos, so I can't speak for them, but I do have guides for getting IVs on an egg on DPPt.

If you're trying to use a seed from RNG Reporter to get shininess and nature on an egg, I believe there's a very good guide already. The link to it is on the first post of this help thread. I usually just use the happiness tap method to get the nature and shininess on an egg.

I take it you are inside the day-care, right?
RNG reporter should have provided you 10 coinflips for you to verify your seed, then a number of taps and flips. You enter the game, do the flips to see is you are on the right seed - change to the happiness checker taps (the fast way, where the lower screen only shows the number of the app on the corner) do the taps pokemon jumps = 1 tap, change back to coin flip (the fast way again) and do the remaining flips.
I know what you mean by verifying now and I did exactly that! along with depositing the pokemon and still nothing :/ Is it just my game being frame sensitive? Would biking up and down Solaceon have anything to do it? while waiting for and hatching the egg itself?

EDIT: @ Riski - Yeah I know the guide but I followed it and I keep failing :(

If you're following every step but getting fails: 1) check the dates and times on both RNG Reporter and on the DS. Do not assume you have them right. Check again. 2) Recheck that your parents are exactly what you think they are. Foreign, not foreign, both foreign. Remember pokes that evolve in an English game switch from foreign characters to English. If you have the wrong parents, you will get wrong results. 3) Recheck that your SID is entered correctly along with your OT and last 4) recheck your SID if you have to.

If you're following every step but getting fails: 1) check the dates and times on both RNG Reporter and on the DS. Do not assume you have them right. Check again. 2) Recheck that your parents are exactly what you think they are. Foreign, not foreign, both foreign. Remember pokes that evolve in an English game switch from foreign characters to English. If you have the wrong parents, you will get wrong results. 3) Recheck that your SID is entered correctly along with your OT and last 4) recheck your SID if you have to.
Would a US Ditto and a European (UK) Heracross be International or Normal?

They would be international. Also, when I get continuous fails. I go away for several hours to a day and come back to the RNG project later. When you get fails, you're usually doing something that deviates from the guides. So what I do when this happens is I start from scratch. I start when I feel refreshed and I often try another date and time in RNG Reporter.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure they'd be international, now that I think about it. They might both be English.

Just to be sure, come onto wifi and I'll give you Syb's international ditto. And also, you don't have any items on your parent pokes do you?

For DPPt rnging eggs would the bunuary in the daycare count as a moving NPC since even if I mash a it still always moves so it's almost impossible for me to make it work, is there any way get you egg before the bunuary moves?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)