Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Where are you capturing your pokemon? I know that I caught mine in a sandstorm which affects the rng. Its better not to catch in weather.

Which program are you using?
Do you have 6 pokemon with you as you do the taps and flips?
When you went from tapping to fliping, did you pause somewhere in between?
Are you sure you advanced the frames right? That's a very high frame you are trying to reach. Check adjacent results to see if maybe you got +/- 1, 2 frames.
I'm using RNG Reporter 8.30 and yes I did have 6 pokemon with me as I tapped and flipped. Errrr I know that as soon as I tapped the last number of required taps I switched apps straight away to the coin flip app. The only time I pause is when I record down each 10 taps on a piece of paper apart from the last ten, this usually takes like 5 seconds. The guide says that <12,000 is a good range so I didn't think of it as high lol. Also, adjacent results? sorry I'm new to this x_x I don't quite understand it. D:

Also @ Jats605

How do I verify the seed? and I'm positive it's right :P

@ Wildfire

Route 229 - Glooms, Weepinbells, Roselias, Ariados's, Scythers etc.

I'm using RNG Reporter 8.30 and yes I did have 6 pokemon with me as I tapped and flipped. Errrr I know that as soon as I tapped the last number of required taps I switched apps straight away to the coin flip app. The only time I pause is when I record down each 10 taps on a piece of paper apart from the last ten, this usually takes like 5 seconds. The guide says that <12,000 is a good range so I didn't think of it as high lol. Also, adjacent results? sorry I'm new to this x_x I don't quite understand it. D:

Also @ Jats605

How do I verify the seed? and I'm positive it's right :P

@ Wildfire

Route 229 - Glooms, Weepinbells, Roselias, Ariados's, Scythers etc.
The adjacent results: the results in the frame above and below the one you wanted.

You verify the seed by doing 10 coinflips as soon as you enter the game. If you are tapping fliping for breeding, you should do it somewhere where there are no NPCs, cause they advance your frames.

When trying to RNG abuse the starters from Oak and Steven are these the same numbers for starting frames:
Chikorita: 1
Cyndaquil: 5
Totodile: 9
So Bulbasaur:1/ Charmander 5/ Squirtle 9
Sceptile :1/ Torchic 5/ Mudkip 9.
?

I want to start rng-ing but it say I have to release my roaming pokemon. The problem is that I've traded my latios away. Can i still rng for shinies?
Please vm me with the answer.

I want to start rng-ing but it say I have to release my roaming pokemon. The problem is that I've traded my latios away. Can i still rng for shinies?
Please vm me with the answer.
No, there is no problem. Generally I prefer keeping runners off the map when I RNG, but it shouldn't harm you to already have gotten one.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just a noobish question before I start RNG: in HGSS, can you RNG the nature, or only the IVs?
specify for what next time, breeding/catching yes you can RNG both nature and IVs, for wondercards its just random nature if the wondercard Pokemon does not have a set nature, so for those you can only RNG the IVs.

specify for what next time, breeding/catching yes you can RNG both nature and IVs, for wondercards its just random nature if the wondercard Pokemon does not have a set nature, so for those you can only RNG the IVs.
Alright, thank you. I did mean for breeding so that'll be fine. Which method should I choose to RNG the nature/shininess? This is in HeartGold, so I'm not sure if I choose any of the DPPt options.

For breeding open up the time finder tab in RNG Reporter, then go to Shiny Egg - you can do it all there. If you don't want it to be shiny just put random numbers in the ID and SID fields, but you can still use it to set nature/gender/ability.

anyone know for sure on this?
It's possible Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle are all on five. I didn't keep a record, but I'm doing Charmander again now. I missed my frame once due to NPC movement and thought it was a 6, but it looks like it's a five because trying on 6 got me one frame early. Also, if you do a search of this thread on the the pokemon name, like charmander, you'd be surprised what might turn up. Someone posted this info before.

Edit: I also just give it a shot, find out how far I missed and try again. When there's no info, just try and see what happens.

For breeding open up the time finder tab in RNG Reporter, then go to Shiny Egg - you can do it all there. If you don't want it to be shiny just put random numbers in the ID and SID fields, but you can still use it to set nature/gender/ability.
Thanks for the help. I just started learning RNG, so the part I'm mostly stuck on is getting started. I'm beginning by trying for a certain nature, so once I put in my second and delay, do I just reset at the time listed to get that nature?

I have a noob guide that might help you along on the first attempt at RNG. And Bearsfan made Youtube vids. His links are somewhere on the first page of this help thread. Good luck with RNG. It's really fun and addictive and very nice when you succeed. :-)

Thanks for the help. I just started learning RNG, so the part I'm mostly stuck on is getting started. I'm beginning by trying for a certain nature, so once I put in my second and delay, do I just reset at the time listed to get that nature?
That's right...I think, if you're talking about Pikatimer. Riski's guide is great, as are Bearsfan's videos - read/watch them through a few times to help get your head around it. :)

Not that well thought out HGSS PikaTimer Guide:
You soft reset at the end of the first timer and press continue at the end of the second timer. You need to know exactly how long the minimum amount of time it takes for you to get in game before you can go for higher delays as well. For example my minimum is 13.26 or 13.33 with a delay of 481 or 485, it varies sometimes which one works and which one doesn't for me. So I put those in and begin the timers with my wanted delay and second using PikaTimer. If everything goes right I should get it on my first or second try. If for trying to hit your calibrated delay just pay attention to the first timer and ignore the second one as it will only distract you.

DPPt:
I do not know about this as I used an AR when I RNG'ed on this and my calibrated delay was 627-631 and my calibrated second was 15 when I RNG'ed with an AR and my DPPt cartridge.

Hi, can someone please link me to the post that explains how to RNG for Latias? (I haven't released her yet and I'd like to RNG for her the moment she's first released). Thanks!

Oh yes, I've read that post, but I'm interested in RNG-ing for Latias at the moment when she's first released, so I won't have to go through the Elite 4 again for her. Is there a post for that? The search function isn't working for me right now...

Oh yes, I've read that post, but I'm interested in RNG-ing for Latias at the moment when she's first released, so I won't have to go through the Elite 4.

I've tried that, normally you would start at the Fan Club before Latias is released, but there is a wandering NPC in the fan club meaning you would have to bring up the Pokegear immediately (verify your seed there, and advance the frames too). In my opinion it's worth it to go through the Elite Four, but you can try it in the fan club.

So what you're saying is that it's easier to do the Post-Elite 4 method as opposed to RNGing for Latias at the Fan Club?

From my own personal experience, yea. When I tried to RNG Latias in the fan club, I never hit my frame. In the Elite Four it only took me 2 tries to hit my frame (I failed once and had to go through the Elite Four again, Which sucked but I simply miscounted the radio taps so it was fixable)

What's the secret to hitting higher delays, enough to significantly lower the taps needy for a shiny egg generation? I haven't been trying to hit any specific high delay (I imagine that's what the "pros" build up to), but just enough to lower the taps down to something more managable like.. 200max. However RNG reporter or my method seems to be at fault...

I soft reset at x:00 of a minute and enter at x:59 to try and max out my delay (usually get around 3000 or so). If I try and go over entering at :59 (like say waiting 3minutes at the title screen) RNG reporter can never find the seed

What's the secret to hitting higher delays, enough to significantly lower the taps needy for a shiny egg generation? I haven't been trying to hit any specific high delay (I imagine that's what the "pros" build up to), but just enough to lower the taps down to something more managable like.. 200max. However RNG reporter or my method seems to be at fault...

I soft reset at x:00 of a minute and enter at x:59 to try and max out my delay (usually get around 3000 or so). If I try and go over entering at :59 (like say waiting 3minutes at the title screen) RNG reporter can never find the seed
I use Pikatimer to hit high or low delays (Check out Riski's guide or the one on the first page of this thread on Pikatimer). You can also use Emloop http://pokem.client.jp/emloop.htm (guides on first page of this thread).

I use Pikatimer to hit high or low delays (Check out Riski's guide or the one on the first page of this thread on Pikatimer). You can also use Emloop http://pokem.client.jp/emloop.htm (guides on first page of this thread).
I can see how that would let me hit a specific high delay but then how would I then get the seed out of that? For whatever reason if I soft reset at say 9:20:00 and enter the game at 9:22:31 and try to find my seed RNG reporter can never find it, I try putting in my minute as 20, 21, and 22 and it doesn't work so there must be a way around it or it just can't do it that way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)