Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi ..
im trying to get an adamant natured pokemon from an egg
so i used dppt egg pid
everytime i do the happiness checker and coin flips everything is correct
but when i hatch the egg its not adamant why ?

Hi ..
im trying to get an adamant natured pokemon from an egg
so i used dppt egg pid
everytime i do the happiness checker and coin flips everything is correct
but when i hatch the egg its not adamant why ?
Make sure that you; Had five pokemon in your party before sweet scenting, put in the correct nature and IVs and don't switch to the happiness checker after you have done your double taps.

I waited a while before posting this because I thought it was just coincidence or bad luck, but I'm currently resetting for a certain Breeding spread for the first time and I'm having a problem.

My target has Delay 628 on Frame 3. The very first time I reset, I hit the right delay but Frame 2. So, I took out my GBA cart because I thought I read somewhere that that would change the even/odd frame. The problem is, now I can't seem to hit anything but odd delays. I usually hit something like 629, 631, and 633, but never anything even in between. Does the GBA cart affect this as well?
Do I need to try for a different target frame, or is it just bad luck and I need to press on?

I waited a while before posting this because I thought it was just coincidence or bad luck, but I'm currently resetting for a certain Breeding spread for the first time and I'm having a problem.

My target has Delay 628 on Frame 3. The very first time I reset, I hit the right delay but Frame 2. So, I took out my GBA cart because I thought I read somewhere that that would change the even/odd frame. The problem is, now I can't seem to hit anything but odd delays. I usually hit something like 629, 631, and 633, but never anything even in between. Does the GBA cart affect this as well?
Do I need to try for a different target frame, or is it just bad luck and I need to press on?
You read terribly wrong. Taking out your gba cart makes the delay switch from odd to even or even to odd, which happened to you. It does not affect the frame at all, and you just misread.

Hey, j/w, say that when I'm breeding an egg, I'm going for frame 48, but my starting frame tends to be 5, and the closest I'm able to get is 47 with page flipping. Is there anyway to just increase the frame by one, or am I only able to get odd frames because of my average starting frame of 5?

Hey, j/w, say that when I'm breeding an egg, I'm going for frame 48, but my starting frame tends to be 5, and the closest I'm able to get is 47 with page flipping. Is there anyway to just increase the frame by one, or am I only able to get odd frames because of my average starting frame of 5?
There is nothing you can do in this instance. If you had a runner out it would increase by one, but you would have to resave. So the best thing to do is just turn it on, resave, and hope you get an even frame to start with.

I started on a second file to get better shiny spreads, and got I pretty good one for Giratina, but here's where I got stuck:

When running away from Giratina in Distortion World, does it appear in Turnback Cave before, or after getting the National Dex?

I did beat the Elite 4, if that's necessary.

I would like to add something after further testing Rona's Emloop advice:

It always says that if you have a GBA cart in the DS, it changes Delays from even to odd or vice versa. When doing egg hatching, my delays are 90% even. So when trying to get my Azelf's delay of 723, I put in a GBA cart, but this merely increased my odds to about 70%. Without a GBA cart, it was back to 90%. So I changed the year to 2008 (not too big of a deal) to make my target 724, and got it on the second try.

Aside from my delay oddities, the Emloop method is incredibly useful. While trying to wing it, I reset over a hundred times, but with Emloop and a year change, I hit my target delay twice in the past 3 resets. =D

Now to try again to get that damn Azelf into the Luxury Ball. >> The catch odds are 1.75% but I've got a hundred of those things on me, so we'll see.

For Capturing Pokémon

Perform the following as soon as you enter the game world.

Flip the coin 10 times, noting the results. Then, using RNG Reporter, select "DPP Egg PID (Normal)" and click "Generate" after entering the initial seed you are targeting. Match the results of the flips with the information in the "Coin" column of the output. If you have hit the correct target time and delay the results from the coin flips will match those in the output of RNG Reporter. Please note that switching to the Happiness Checker application at any time during this process will invalidate your results, so it is advised to simply save with the Coin Flip application selected.
This isn't quite making sense, as I'm trying to SR for an Azelf..
I've conquered RNG Abuse for Shiny Eggs and for IV's..
But I can't seem to make sense of where I have to put the seed to get my coin flips.. ;/

6/6/2009
20:55:11

Frame 533

Seed: 6614027B
PID: 4705CEED

Is my data.

Anyone who could shed a little light onto this, that would be most appreciated ;D

This isn't quite making sense, as I'm trying to SR for an Azelf..
I've conquered RNG Abuse for Shiny Eggs and for IV's..
But I can't seem to make sense of where I have to put the seed to get my coin flips.. ;/

6/6/2009
20:55:11

Frame 533

Seed: 6614027B
PID: 4705CEED

Is my data.

Anyone who could shed a little light onto this, that would be most appreciated ;D
You're over thinking it. Just go down the column for the coin flip order you're supposed to get. THHTHTHH...

You're over thinking it. Just go down the column for the coin flip order you're supposed to get. THHTHTHH...
Still confused, I go down the list on the seed, find the Frame of 533 &it says I'm supposed to get a Bold natured Egg, with the Coin at Heads? I can't find the coin flips, unless I go into DPPt Time Finder?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I would like to add something after further testing Rona's Emloop advice:

It always says that if you have a GBA cart in the DS, it changes Delays from even to odd or vice versa. When doing egg hatching, my delays are 90% even. So when trying to get my Azelf's delay of 723, I put in a GBA cart, but this merely increased my odds to about 70%. Without a GBA cart, it was back to 90%. So I changed the year to 2008 (not too big of a deal) to make my target 724, and got it on the second try.

Aside from my delay oddities, the Emloop method is incredibly useful. While trying to wing it, I reset over a hundred times, but with Emloop and a year change, I hit my target delay twice in the past 3 resets. =D

Now to try again to get that damn Azelf into the Luxury Ball. >> The catch odds are 1.75% but I've got a hundred of those things on me, so we'll see.
My delay's never jumped from Odd to Even unless I told it to, haha xD
But yeah, I'll add that to my re-write as an optional tip. G'luck :0

And speaking of the re-write:

Catching Wild Pokemon without Weird Years

Mmyess. Feel free to suggest stuff I should add or take out. ._.; Hope it helps~ /pats shiny Bold Uxie

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ Sephiron --

This looks really good. I moved it to the first page of the thread.

@ Rollotomasey --

Again, you are overthinking it.

All you are trying to do is verify that you hit the correct initial seed.

Flip the coin

Does it match what is in the 1st row of your screenshot?

Flip the coin again

Does it match what is in the 2nd row of your screenshot?

repeat this process. If it matches 10 or so times you can say with some certainty that you have hit the correct initial seed.

Still confused, I go down the list on the seed, find the Frame of 533 &it says I'm supposed to get a Bold natured Egg, with the Coin at Heads? I can't find the coin flips, unless I go into DPPt Time Finder?
No to check the delay, you start from frame 1 and see if the coin flips are right. You probably only need to do 10 to check. Start at frame 1, not your target frame.

Hello All

I am new here and have been trying this stuff out with great success. I find the method of breeding shinies (at least if you want a specific nature, ability, gender etc...) described in the first post a bit too tiresome however (tapping the Happiness Checker 1070 times and keeping track is a pain) and I don't have a reservoir of good parents so thetorsoboy's method doesn't work for me either. In pursuit of a more elegant solution I have written a program that functions like time finder except for shiny eggs. The original post said to post tools with a description so if anyone is interested, here are the instructions.

ShinyFinder

1. Download the program. You can get it here (sorry I don't have anywhere better to host it). Note that ShinyFinder is Windows only and you will need the .NET framework, so if you can run RNG Reporter, it will probably work.

2. I am going to assume you are familiar with all the calibration stuff. If not, please read the original post and do the calibrations necessary to work out your target second and delay range. You will also need the Happiness Checker (#6) and Coin Flip (#15) Poketch apps.

3. Save your game in the following state:

- 6 Pokemon in your party.

- Coin Flip application (#15) open in the Poketch.

- NOTE: since you won't be moving before the IRNG is in the correct position, it doesn't matter whether or not the parents are in daycare. Make sure the female (or Ditto) is not holding an everstone as I have no idea what that will do to the results.

4. Input your data into ShinyFinder. You will need to specify a day to search on (defaults to the current day), as well as your target second, delay range, ID and Secret ID. If you want a particular gender, also specify the gender ratio of the Pokemon you are breeding.

5. Set your requirements. You can specify a nature, ability and gender to search for (first (0) or second (1) for ability, see RNG Reporter's built in Pokedex or X-Act's article, Serebii, Psypoke etc... they all seem to list abilities in the correct order).

6. Click "Generate". You will be presented (after a short delay, depending on your computer) with a list of results for the selected day. In the unlikely event of no results being displayed, just try another day. (This hasn't happened to me, even searching for a female with a specific nature and ability where the species has a gender ratio of 87.5% to 12.5%)

7. Choose a target row and set your DS clock accordingly (one minute before the specified time), then try to hit your target second and delay. This part is very similar to the methods described in the original post so read that for more detail on doing this. You do not need to set up the journal by catching a Pokemon or hit a specific frame on entering the game world. Just get the right second and delay at the moment you hit "Continue".

8. Immediately on entering the game world, verify your seed by flipping the coin 10 times, No more, No less. It is important you do the flips as it is part of advancing the IRNG to the correct position. If the flips match the sequence displayed in the "Flip Sequence" column for your chosen target, you succeeded in hitting your second and delay. If not, reset the DS and go back to step 7. If you have version 1.1, see the end of this post for information on using the new "Seed Range" feature to determine what seed you actually hit to help you ajdust your timing.

9. Having hit the target, look at the "Taps" column entry for your target row. If it is -1, do nothing and go to the next step, otherwise move the Poketch to the Happiness Checker (#6) application, then double-tap an empty area on the screen to make the Pokemon jump the specified number of times (this is also described in the original post). If the specified number is 0, just go to the next step without tapping; opening the application was all you had to do here.

10. Move back to the Coin Flip (#15) application. If you are playing Diamond or Pearl and you overshoot #15, you can go back around as long as you page quickly past the Happiness Checker so that only the blank screen with a number is displayed. DO NOT allow it to open or you will have to start again from step 7. Once back at Coin Flip, flip the coin the number of times displayed in the "Flips" column for your target row.

11. The IRNG should now be in the correct position. Deposit the parents into daycare (if they are not already). Remember not to use an everstone. Any PC interaction or flying will not mess up the process, just don't flip the coin again or open the Happiness Checker.

12. Ride your bike (or walk/run) around until you see the daycare man looking to the right, indicating an egg is present (you have to leave Solaceon Town or enter a building for him to change). The Pokemon inside should be shiny with all the specified criteria fulfilled, save now if you want to soft-reset or use another RNG technique for good IVs. It's a good idea to test-hatch to make sure before starting the IV process.

Good luck with your RNG projects.

New for version 1.1
Determining what seed you actually hit:

1. Having selected a target, double-click on the target row. A new window will appear displaying the range of seeds and flip sequences for your chosen target ± 8 delays.

2. If you wish to expand or change the search, adjust the data in the text boxes at the top, then click "Generate". You can specify a range for both the second and the delay.

3. As you do the 10 coin flips on entering the game, click the buttons corresponding to the results. The Seed Range window will filter out any seeds you cannot have hit. The list of possible results will likely have been reduced to one before all 10 flips have been completed. Make sure you complete the flips anyway (if the remaining seed is your target, otherwise you can just reset immediately) as it is a necessary part of advancing the IRNG.

4. To restore the results and reset the flip count, just click "Generate" again.

*NOTE* A bug exists in version 1.0 that caused the date entry to limit to the number of days for the next month. Any later version will be OK. Thanks to fsm for notifying me of this.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
@ Sephirona --

This looks really good. I moved it to the first page of the thread.
Thanks, heh *u*
Hope it helps. I'll add little tidbits in that might clear things up later too.
a.k.a short "Frames" explanation to clear up the different usages of the term, since that totally confused me at the beginning too. mm

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ MinusOne -- Wow, this is very nice. I particularly like the way you integrated the verification flips directly into the process. Well Done!

If you have a second hop on irc.

http://www.smogon.com/irc/

I am generally in #smogon and #smogonwifi

EDIT: Unless it's been fixed (and I will check) smogon's dex does not list the abilities in the correct order.

I'm trying to get a Shaymin from the delivery man, my target frame is 43 from the first post. So do I take the initial seed (which I am assuming it's 690302C3) and enter it in the "Seed to Time" window in RNGReporter to find a date and time?

So says I choose 06 15 2009, 03:15:00 as my target time, I set my DS clock as 03:14:00 and then I reset the game at 03:14:46 (my delay is 14 seconds) and press A at continue at 3:15:00.

I flip through the journal 21 times ((43 - 1 - 0) / 2) then pick up the Shaymin from the delivery man, I find out it's IV's but when I enter then into RNGreporter to find my frame, it comes up with no results, what am I doing wrong?

I noticed that the Frame to Time results have a delay of 698 (which I calculate to be 16 seconds) so I tried waiting an extra 2 seconds before hitting A on the continue screen but I still didn't get a frame back.

Any idea to what I'm doing wrong?

@Minus, I suppose the program substracts the 10 frame advances from the required taps and flips for the 10 flips to test your delay/second?

Great tool though, it makes it so easy to get your desired frame now =D
Much better than resetting ~30 times.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
@Minus:

I just downloaded your program. It's amazing, you're awesome. Wow. This makes it so much more precise, I can't wait to try it. Thanks! *_*

Yeah, about the abilities - in Smogon's ability chart, they list the abilities as Ability 1 and Ability 0, so hopefully there's no confusion there. Does Ability 1 in your program correspond to ability 0 on the charts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)