Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

is there any way a journal page can advance the RNG by 4 instead of 2? if not, i guess a bunch of NPCs keep moving. darned cowgirls...

another thing, I'll delete my old post.

I have been catching 3 pokemons, 2 raticates and 2 machoke, but I always end up with exactly the same seed, is there a problem?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
another thing, I'll delete my old post.

I have been catching 3 pokemons, 2 raticates and 2 machoke, but I always end up with exactly the same seed, is there a problem?
if you keep catching them without restarting the game then of course your going to end up with the same seed because your game is set to that specific initial seed

In the seed finder, is seconds the time it takes to go to from the start to the A button press on the continue screen, or is it the time from the A button press to when I sweet scent in the wild grass? Because seconds seemed to not vary directly with delay (when I tried several times, the seconds and delay were, say 15/620 and 16/600.)

Also, if delay is truly roughly 60*the amount of seconds, then I'm even more confused; when I tried inputting the IV stuff in, it appeared to be more like 40*the amount of seconds from the delay from the SRing to the continue screen.

Finally, one last question. Does the delay counter start immediately after you soft reset, or do they start until the Pokemon/Gamefreak/Creatures characters start appearing?

I went through the steps in section 6 to get a shiny egg with an adamant rattata in it. I saved before picking up and verified it. What do I need to do to get perfect IVs?

I'm not sure if I need to skip any steps. Like this frame calibration thing =\ . It seems important, but I already have the parents in the daycare and they've had sex and made an egg.

I'm not sure if I need to skip any steps. Like this frame calibration thing =\ . It seems important, but I already have the parents in the daycare and they've had sex and made an egg.
you need to restart everything.
if youn don't do calibration, there's no IV for you.

EDIT:
btw, i keep getting the same seed, is there something wrong? the RNG reporter? some other stuff?

Hmm, it said I needed to go through the steps i've already done to get a shiny egg. So were those steps completely pointless?

you need to restart everything.
if youn don't do calibration, there's no IV for you.

EDIT:
btw, i keep getting the same seed, is there something wrong? the RNG reporter? some other stuff?
Pastel not to be rude but your wrong on what you just said, he doesnt need to restart at all

The Egg Frame Calibration is very important or else you wont know what Frame your Egg is on, and your at the right step right now to do it =) Well once you have an Egg waiting in the Daycare that is which you do.
Select a seed with your Desired IV's and enter your DS to its time and date and enter the game, making sure the journal pops up, then hurry up and mash a to collect the egg and then check the 10 coin flips the game gives you and then right click on the seed you used and click genrate adjacent results and click search flips and enter the 10 flips the game gave you. then copy the seed it gives you to the clipboard and put Breeding DPPt as the Mehtod and then Hatch your Egg check its IV's and then find out what Frame matches your Eggs IV's and thats what Frame your Egg is on =)

About RNG catching, why do people use weird years?
Is it because they have relatively low delays and can lower them enough to bring it into their normal mashing range?
Why can't they use emloop or pikatimer instead?

EDIT: Okay, thanks, I was just curious

Is it because they have relatively low delays and can lower them enough to bring it into their normal mashing range?
because depending on the yar, the delay changes, and if you use a year of 2009, you could find weirddelays you would problably won't get.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
because not everyone is the same. for some its difficult to use a timer as they don't understand it or have difficulty keeping track with one. That's why they use weird dates to get within range as they can't use a timer.

I have a question: when my synch. time is for example 14:04:00, and my reset time is like 14:04:24, how am I supposed to SR at that time, because it takes more than 20 seconds to start up the game... do I need to pick a different target time? I don't really get it, I only just started RNGing.

Fyi, my seed is 060E027E and I am trying to capture a good ghastly in the old chateau in pearl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)