Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, don't have a go at me if I've missed something here.

Before I got an AR I manually worked out of SID for my Diamond. Which was 60496 SID, and 63429 ID.

However, I recently got the AR code for pokemon stats checker which checks everything, Evs, Ivs, Happiness ect. So as I was just randomly using it, I checked the SID for my Diamond game, it said my Diamond ID was the same but my SID was 60500.
My question is, how is this possible? I've bred shinies on my diamond using the number I manually worked out but the AR code just told me my SID isn't what I thought it was?

Does that mean it's possible to have more than 1 SID?
Or did I just miss something?

Okay, don't have a go at me if I've missed something here.

Before I got an AR I manually worked out of SID for my Diamond. Which was 60496 SID, and 63429 ID.

However, I recently got the AR code for pokemon stats checker which checks everything, Evs, Ivs, Happiness ect. So as I was just randomly using it, I checked the SID for my Diamond game, it said my Diamond ID was the same but my SID was 60500.
My question is, how is this possible? I've bred shinies on my diamond using the number I manually worked out but the AR code just told me my SID isn't what I thought it was?

Does that mean it's possible to have more than 1 SID?
Or did I just miss something?
Nah thats normal, RNG Reporter will find a compatable SID given the IVs and ID, I believe if your SID is within 8 of the number you are using there will be no issue

I have a question, when rng capturing with the pokeradar, is there a way to know what pokemon will come out of the patch?

Nah thats normal, RNG Reporter will find a compatable SID given the IVs and ID, I believe if your SID is within 8 of the number you are using there will be no issue
^ hmm, looks like I was only 4 out? :), not bad imo.

So as long as I'm +/-4 (ish?) of the SID (in my case 60500), if I enter any of those, I should get the same shininess.
Does this apply to shiny spreads too? So if I change my SID by 1-8... I'm thinking my shiny spreads won't change?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a question, when rng capturing with the pokeradar, is there a way to know what pokemon will come out of the patch?
no as the normal encounter slots don't work for radar. But if you hit the same delay the same patches will shake and the same pokemon will appear in them assuming you make the same number of advancements while getting to the patch.

The Egg Frame Calibration is very important or else you wont know what Frame your Egg is on, and your at the right step right now to do it =) Well once you have an Egg waiting in the Daycare that is which you do.
Select a seed with your Desired IV's and enter your DS to its time and date and enter the game, making sure the journal pops up, then hurry up and mash a to collect the egg and then check the 10 coin flips the game gives you and then right click on the seed you used and click genrate adjacent results and click search flips and enter the 10 flips the game gave you. then copy the seed it gives you to the clipboard and put Breeding DPPt as the Mehtod and then Hatch your Egg check its IV's and then find out what Frame matches your Eggs IV's and thats what Frame your Egg is on =)
Akiraton posting about egg abuse just reminded me I wanted to comment on this.
This is not the way I do Frame Calibration but now I think about it, it's pretty good :).

My way:
Synch DS time with extrenal clock, make sure you know the date on your DS.
Go into the game, taking note which minute you entered the game.
Quickly close journal and pick up your egg.
Catch a level 50+ pokemon (Or just use IV check on a lower level pokemon) and find your seed.
Enter your seed into RNG reporter and dropdown onto "Breeding DPPt" and click generate.
Hatch egg + check IVs to see what frame you're on. I normally do this 2-3 times, if I get all 3 different frames I'll resave in a different position. If I get 2 the same + 1 different, I'll calibrate it twice more.
Then I search for a seed so I can hit. It helps if you have good parents in the Daycare. :)

But yeah, both way works :). Find the one that suits you

Akiraton posting about egg abuse just reminded me I wanted to comment on this.
This is not the way I do Frame Calibration but now I think about it, it's pretty good :).

My way:
Synch DS time with extrenal clock, make sure you know the date on your DS.
Go into the game, taking note which minute you entered the game.
Quickly close journal and pick up your egg.
Catch a level 50+ pokemon (Or just use IV check on a lower level pokemon) and find your seed.
Enter your seed into RNG reporter and dropdown onto "Breeding DPPt" and click generate.
Hatch egg + check IVs to see what frame you're on. I normally do this 2-3 times, if I get all 3 different frames I'll resave in a different position. If I get 2 the same + 1 different, I'll calibrate it twice more.
Then I search for a seed so I can hit. It helps if you have good parents in the Daycare. :)

But yeah, both way works :). Find the one that suits you
I actually use your method, but was just saying if its frame 1 that your saved on, then there is no need to verify. Just wondered if im correct or not

I'd still verify, on different seeds the NPCs can act differently, I confirmed 3 times I had frame 5, then when I hit my seed, hatched the egg, somehow I'd managed to get a frame 4

If there is a long gap before the NPCs start moving (by long I mean like 0.5 secs lol), then there's usually no need to do it all again... but if you have an inkling that someone may have moved then it's probably best to do it once more to be doubly sure.

For the record, I use the same method as Steve, but instead of transferring the seed to the main screen, I do all my RNGing in the adjacent results table since they contain the IVs anyway :)

I have a question regarding Wondercard abuse (again). Can you RNG up shiny Wondercard pokés? I have a method 1 shiny spread with 30/30/31/1/31/31 for the IV' on frame 7, and I was wondering if the shininess will be passed onto the wondercard poke. Or is the wondercard poke UNABLE to be shiny unless it's the VGC Milotic? (In case it matters, I am going to be RNG'ing the NZ Draco Meteor Jirachi)?

I have a question regarding Wondercard abuse (again). Can you RNG up shiny Wondercard pokés? I have a method 1 shiny spread with 30/30/31/1/31/31 for the IV' on frame 7, and I was wondering if the shininess will be passed onto the wondercard poke. Or is the wondercard poke UNABLE to be shiny unless it's the VGC Milotic? (In case it matters, I am going to be RNG'ing the NZ Draco Meteor Jirachi)?
The reason why the nature is not coupled with the IV spread is because that part of the PID is randomized so that wondercard Pokes CANNOT be shiny unless hard coded to be so, such as in the case of the VGC Milotic.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
All Wondercard Pokemon will never be shiny unless they're specifically set to be shiny.

Two questions:

PokeRNG flubs on frames higher than 1000, is there any way to easily search for these higher frame spreads? I don't have excel so the spread sheet doesn't work for me.

Is there a way to check for low frame shiny eggs for use on HGSS without modifying the Reporter?

Hey, I've got a question. When egg iv abusing, I want to check wheter I'm on the right frame. That is possible with the coin flip app right? Oh and I need to do the journal flips before i collect the egg, but do the journal flips affect the coin flips?

It's time for another public poll for what you want to see for the future of PikaTimer :P!

I am currently in process of putting together an options mode. These are ideas for options that I have so far, I want to see if you all have any more.

1. Check Y/N for each existing beep.
2. Change the minimum SR time.
3. Select the default mode (DPPt or Emerald) for it to start up in.
4. Choose your own audio blip (instead of the annoying default tone).

Any other ideas? I'm all ears for these, as well as any other general suggestions you have for PikaTimer/JavaRNG.

Hey, I've got a question. When egg iv abusing, I want to check wheter I'm on the right frame. That is possible with the coin flip app right? Oh and I need to do the journal flips before i collect the egg, but do the journal flips affect the coin flips?
yes, you can check with the coin flip app, and yes you need to do journal flips before you get the egg, but the journal flips will not effect the coin

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think I'll get a positive answer to these questions, but I noticed that you can't restore the save of a Ruby/Sapphire cart to try and get a different Jirachi from the Bonus Disc because it will give you the same one each time. Apparently, it gives you a Jirachi depending on the specific ID/SID combination of the cart.

Is there a way to use Pandora's box to generate a specific ID/SID combination and how likely is it that someone will decipher which ID/SID combinations produce the best Jirachi?

Edit: For those that will no doubt say that there are better 4th gen Jirachis, let me remind you that in third gen carts you can teach it Body Slam.

@Pikachu25: One thing that'd be cool to see is if it could retain a variable of about how far off it is from the first abuse on average. Because mine usually ranges anywhere from 30-60, so having it to auto-correct near the beginning would save a little time. But besides that, those other options look good :). And thanks for the work on it btw.

The coin flip can only tell you if you've hit your initial seed, not what frame you're on. The coin flips run off the IRNG, so the journal flips won't affect them.

I was RNGing a Shiny Registeel on frame 31, I have 2 roamers, and did 14 journal flips, but got frame 32. Did I do something wrong? I used the same exact spread for a Regirock on the same day, and had no troubles.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was RNGing a Shiny Registeel on frame 31, I have 2 roamers, and did 14 journal flips, but got frame 32. Did I do something wrong? I used the same exact spread for a Regirock on the same day, and had no troubles.
you probably did an extra journal flip, try again or has this been happening constantly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)