Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nope.....in order to determine your SID, you must have CAUGHT or BRED the Pokemon yourself and not received it any other way outside of your game.
Only then can someone determine your SID.

It's not a bad thing you know.
Like I said, just send somebody one of your pokemon that has your OT ID and they can use it to find your SID.
It is not the end of the world.

According to the guide, I should only be able to hit even or odd delays depending on whether I have a GBA game in Slot 2. However, while this is true for my Platinum, on my Diamond, I can hit both even and odd delays with my Emerald version inserted. Does anyone know why this happens?

Diamond and Pearl DO NOT stay on either even or odd, and ignore Slot-2. If you are hitting even right now, aim for even spreads, but if it switches then you just gotta switch to odd.

I've been trying all night to get this right. I finally have the correct SID but I can't seem to hatch a shiny. I make a note of the time. Load my game.. walk into the grass and catch a pokemon lv 50+ .. enter the attributes/nature etc.. get the seed. generate.. do the tapping etc..

But the egg hatches normal and not the gender/nature that its "supposed" to.

Should i be using the sweet smell method? Am i messing myself up by walking to catch the pokemon or something?

I've been trying all night to get this right. I finally have the correct SID but I can't seem to hatch a shiny. I make a note of the time. Load my game.. walk into the grass and catch a pokemon lv 50+ .. enter the attributes/nature etc.. get the seed. generate.. do the tapping etc..

But the egg hatches normal and not the gender/nature that its "supposed" to.

Should i be using the sweet smell method? Am i messing myself up by walking to catch the pokemon or something?
Are you in a any type of weather when your doing this?
Are you making sure that the Happiness checker is NOT on when you enter the game?
Are you making you flip to the Happiness checker only once?
Are you making sure you have 6 Pokemon in your Party when your doing the Taps?

Those are the only three things I can see going wrong other then you having the wrond SID

Are you in a any type of weather when your doing this?
Are you making sure that the Happiness checker is NOT on when you enter the game?
Are you mkaing you flip to the Happiness checker only once?
Are you making sure you have 6 Pokemon in your Party when your doing the Taps?

Those are the only three things I can see going wrong other then you having the wrond SID

The happiness checker isn't supposed to be on when i enter the game? that might be my problem.. i'll try that. thanks

The happiness checker isn't supposed to be on when i enter the game? that might be my problem.. i'll try that. thanks
Yes thats deffinately whats messing you up then, make sure it is not the first APP on it can be any other APP just not the Happiness Checker, and make sure that you only go to the Happiness checker once as if you go to ir more then once that will mess you up as well, good luck!

Yes thats deffinately whats messing you up then, make sure it is not the first APP on it can be any other APP just not the Happiness Checker, and make sure that you only go to the Happiness checker once as if you go to ir more then once that will mess you up as well, good luck!
Thanks so much! It worked like a charm!

Okay, I'm trying to capture a good subpunch ghastly in the old chateau. Seed: 060E027E. My target time is 14:04:00, I use a Hasty synchronizer. I have a few questions:

1. I think my seconds value during calibration was like 11 or 12. Is this a normal value? Do I need to know it exactly? According to the guide, 15 was normal but is this seconds value still possible?
2. The rng program says my coin flips should turn out: H,H,H,T,H,T,T,H,T,T (could someone double check that using my seed) but it never happens. When I turn the game on, it's standard at Heads, do I count this or not?
3. I had LOTS of trouble finding a spread with perfect HP fire, a hasty nature and suitable for SubPunch. Could someone help me with that? I'd use that seed instead.
4. When I miraculously hit my seed, and after doing my journal flips, I have to advance the frame by 1, so I figure I would use repel then do one step/turn. Can I use sweet scent while Repel is activated, or will it not work?

5. I want to use Sweet Scent, and I'm in the old chateau (no walking npcs). Do I use method J? (I figure 'yes', but just to be sure ;))

Thanks a lot for answering these questions in advance. I'll keep trying ;)

Okay, I'm trying to capture a good subpunch ghastly in the old chateau. Seed: 060E027E. My target time is 14:04:00, I use a Hasty synchronizer. I have a few questions:

1. I think my seconds value during calibration was like 11 or 12. Is this a normal value? Do I need to know it exactly? According to the guide, 15 was normal but is this seconds value still possible?
2. The rng program says my coin flips should turn out: H,H,H,T,H,T,T,H,T,T (could someone double check that using my seed) but it never happens. When I turn the game on, it's standard at Heads, do I count this or not?
3. I had LOTS of trouble finding a spread with perfect HP fire, a hasty nature and suitable for SubPunch. Could someone help me with that? I'd use that seed instead.
4. When I miraculously hit my seed, and after doing my journal flips, I have to advance the frame by 1, so I figure I would use repel then do one step/turn. Can I use sweet scent while Repel is activated, or will it not work?

5. I want to use Sweet Scent, and I'm in the old chateau (no walking npcs). Do I use method J? (I figure 'yes', but just to be sure ;))

Thanks a lot for answering these questions in advance. I'll keep trying ;)
1. It's possible that those values are off, but if you got them repeatedly they should be correct. It's not that crucial that your seconds value is perfect yet, you will quickly realize if it isn't and be able to change it appropriately.
2. Those flips are the ones you're aiming for, and no the coin app starting on Heads does not count.
3. That spread is fine, just be patient. Hitting your seed can take a very long time.
4. Don't do a step, because sometimes stepping without turning will advance the RNG by 2 instead of one. Just turn and sweet scent (yes it works through repel).
5. Yes, it's Method J.

If you have Skype I can help you a lot better :P.

EDIT: Are you sure that is the correct seed? I'm looking through it, and I haven't seen an even remotely close to flawless HP Fire spread.

EDIT: Are you sure that is the correct seed? I'm looking through it, and I haven't seen an even remotely close to flawless HP Fire spread.
I think I wasn't clear enough. You see, this is the problem: I don't know how to use the rng reporter well enough to get myself a seed with flawless hp fire (so the seed I posted here has something like hp ghost or something useless). When I tried I got spreads with hp bug 70, not fire... I must be doing something very obviously wrong in the reporter program.

But the hidden power isn't that important, this is my first pokemon I am rnging, and even if it's only remotely viable (and a set of fpunch/sub/shadowball/hypnosis, which are all tms/level up, WILL be) I'll be content with my first project.

@shananiganeer: I'll keep all those things in mind, thanks a lot for answering my questions!

1. What is the exact trick to hitting my target time, since I don't seem to be achieving this (when I verify with my coin flip app the correct flip combination doesn't show up)? I am pretty sure I'm sr ing at the exact reset time, and tap A as fast as humanely possible. Does it have to be exact to the milisecond or just to the second?

2. RNGing seems to involve frequently hard-resetting (since it turns itself off when you change the time). Is this damaging to my DS in any way?

3. Once I hit my target time (and verify it with the coin flip trick), is it possible to close my DS (as in, put it on standby) and return later to do the flips etc.?

1. What is the exact trick to hitting my target time, since I don't seem to be achieving this (when I verify with my coin flip app the correct flip combination doesn't show up)? I am pretty sure I'm sr ing at the exact reset time, and tap A as fast as humanely possible. Does it have to be exact to the milisecond or just to the second?

2. RNGing seems to involve frequently hard-resetting (since it turns itself off when you change the time). Is this damaging to my DS in any way?

3. Once I hit my target time (and verify it with the coin flip trick), is it possible to close my DS (as in, put it on standby) and return later to do the flips etc.?
Well here is a Method J flawless Jolly Spread: aa1502a9, Frame 280
The flawless Hasty HP Fire spreads I found all require you to use a timer since the delay is so high. I could help you set that up as well, but it's really slow doing that over the forum. Contact me on AIM/MSN/Skype if you want to do that.

1. If your flips don't show up check your seed by catching a pokemon. This is what I meant by you'll quickly find out if you're calibrated seconds is right. Once you know where you landed add the difference of Actual Second and Target Second to Calibrated Second. You just need to hit the second, hitting delay, on the other hand, is hitting the correct 60th of a second.

2. Not anymore so then normal wear and tear from usage.

3. Yes.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be in here, but since it relates to RNG Abuse.

Is Emloop timer down, if so is there another timer you use to RNG?

tr4q- it apears so. I'm giving the PikaTimer a go now, and I guess you could try it too. there's a link on the front page, pretty far down

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Can anybody get me a "first, or near first" egg seed for this:

Shiny (ID: 43785, SID: 44258), Modest, Ability 0

Don't know of a way to find a "first or near first" egg with the RNG reporter.

Thaaaaaaaanx.

ok. I'm getting close to my delay, so I want to make sure I'm not going to screw up my frame. I want to hit frame 39. I have no NPCs, and when I start the game the journal has a "defeated gyarados" message. so that ought to advance my frame to 3, I verify my delay, then open up the journal again. this should put me at 5. then I flip 39-5=34/2=17 times, and then I sweet scent. right? I'm new to the capture thing, so I wanted to make sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)