Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there away for me to calculate a pokemon's encounter slot instead of just randomly going into the grass and trying all available frames until I get it

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
lol I had that same problem at first.

Go to whatever folder PokeRNG is in and there should be two new files, an excell spreadsheet and a Notepad CSV file both should be named something like "Spreads". Just open either one and all the results will be listed in there.

Oh, and Romstar, I'll shoot you those notes later. GTG for now. :/

Oh, but just to ask, are you "sure" about the walking in and out of Ogre/Don/Quaza's cave advancing by 1 each time? When you walk "out" of the room they're in, you'retechnically stepping into a wild patch. When you turn around that "should" advance the frame. However, (nd again, I can post any info if people want it) I've always gotten very inconsistent advancements with turning in place/walking in wild patches with repels on. I've gotten anywhere from 0 advancements to 4.
theres no folder containing it, when i click on downloads and then click on it, it just says run and no folders open containing it first. Did i download it wrong or?

EDIT: groudon is method k in SS right?

As I said, he doesn't advance the RNG.

Use Method 1. Both K and J only apply to non-roaming encounters, and J is what DPPt uses.
But the frames for each seed should be different, but the same seeds should have the same frame, right?

EDIT: And what about seeds with the same delay?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
But the frames for each seed should be different, but the same seeds should have the same frame, right?
...that sentence makes no sense.

Is there away for me to calculate a pokemon's encounter slot instead of just randomly going into the grass and trying all available frames until I get it
What you're doing now will probably take less time than waiting for someone to get the slots directly from the ROM.

...that sentence makes no sense.

What you're doing now will probably take less time than waiting for someone to get the slots directly from the ROM.
I totally forgot what I knew about frames - what causes what it starts at? The seed?

EDIT: I'm trying to soft reset for a shiny starter. Like you said, there isn't anything in the building where you get your starter to increase the RNG. So should I get the same frame for the same seeds? Or the same frame for seeds with the same delays?

EDIT: Do you understand why I'm asking this? I really have no way of increasing the frame unless I use a code to put a pokemon in my party/ 128 steps with no Pokemon increases the frame anyway? Therefore I'd need a shiny on my starting frame....

Question.
What can I do to try and regulate my seconds and delay when I'm calibrating on Platinum?

I tried intentionally waiting until 15 seconds, which I was told was not a good idea, but I figured I may as well try because I was bouncing back and forth between 14 and 15 seconds. I got these results:
15 sec, 626 delay
" sec, 628 delay
" sec, 630 delay

This is MUCH closer and more consistent than my previous results, but now I can't seem to replicate it.

Any help?

umm... just to clarify things... does walking steps in a cave that has wild pokemon with a repel advance the RNG (besides the 128 steps)? and by how much how often? (HG/SS)

You have to use Encounter Slots
Each frame has an Encounter Slot just right click on it and click generate encounter slots and it will show them. Find the Frame that matches the Encounter Slot of the Pokemon you want. You can find the Pokemon Encounter Slots when you right click on it there should be links to w.e game you have (Plat and DP)
Thanks for the help.

How does this work with the Time Finder? I've got a seed for the spread I want, so I hit Generate Times, found the seed I wanted, then copy/pasted this to the main window of RNG Reporter so I could use Encounter Slots. However, when I did this, none of the generated spreads were what I found in Time Finder. The same thing happened when I directly copied the seed from Time Finder without hitting Generate Times.

I have a slight problem with trying to hit a specific seed:

I am in the Sky Pillar, trying to RNG Palkia, and am saved right in front of the purple portal. My normal seconds/delay range is 18 seconds, with a delay of 593-595. However, whenever I try hitting 18 seconds with 595, I always hit 17 with 595 instead. I tried changing the target seconds to 17, but whenever I hit 595 with THAT time, it's 18 seconds. So whichever delay I try to hit (I have tested this for the delay of 593 too), the seconds is always off, no matter what I've tried. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? I have hit this seed before in Sendoff Spring when RNG'ing for a Chimecho, so could it be location?

2 Questions
1. When checking for delay in hgss, have anyone beside me have recurring delays( hit delay back to back?)

2. Can someone please explain the encounter slots for method K?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the help.

How does this work with the Time Finder? I've got a seed for the spread I want, so I hit Generate Times, found the seed I wanted, then copy/pasted this to the main window of RNG Reporter so I could use Encounter Slots. However, when I did this, none of the generated spreads were what I found in Time Finder. The same thing happened when I directly copied the seed from Time Finder without hitting Generate Times.
Use the "Seed to Time" button. It will generate times you need to enter the game at, with according dates. Increasing the year by 1 reduces the delay by 1. For example, if you had a seed that could be hit at a delay of 600 in the year 2010, but your avg delay was 595, you would increase the year by 5 to 2015 to reduce the delay by 5 to 595. Hope this helped :)

2 Questions
1. When checking for delay in hgss, have anyone beside me have recurring delays( hit delay back to back?)

Thanks in advance
1. Sorry can't help you there. However, whenever I was (attempting to) RNG'ing on my cart, I wasn't getting consistent back to back delays >___> sorry
2. As of now, nobody really knows the encounter slots for Method K pokémon (Method K in HG/SS is to Method J in DPPt), but most people just assume (correctly) the pokémon to be on frame 1 when it comes to legendaries. Unfortunately, when it comes to "regular" pokémon, nobody really knows the encounter slot for pokés in specific areas.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
2 Questions
1. When checking for delay in hgss, have anyone beside me have recurring delays( hit delay back to back?) Well that is possible to hit your delay in a row I've done it and other people have as well.

There aren't any calculated encounter slots available atm moment for method K or pokemon in HG/SS in general so if you want abuse for any wild pokemon your going to have to do it by trial and error
Thanks in advance

Is there enough information on RNG abuse in HG/SS yet for it to even be worth trying to catch a good Ho-Oh on a legit cartridge?

All of the stuff I've seen on the subject seems like it'd only be realistically possible with an emulator.

Use the "Seed to Time" button. It will generate times you need to enter the game at, with according dates. Increasing the year by 1 reduces the delay by 1. For example, if you had a seed that could be hit at a delay of 600 in the year 2010, but your avg delay was 595, you would increase the year by 5 to 2015 to reduce the delay by 5 to 595. Hope this helped :)
Thanks! I was probably too vague. My problem wasn't that I couldn't hit the desired time/delay, but that I can't seem to calculate Encounter Slots.

There isn't an option to calculate Encounter Slots from the Time Finder, and when I copy the seed I got from Time Finder into the main screen of RNG reporter, it has a totally different IV spread.

Is there any Poke'mon in Lugia's cave (besides Lugia itself)?
not in the part with the Kimono girls... but outside of that room... yes

EDIT: it seems for some reason I can only get the spread (searching for under 200 frames, and I have 5 pokes with me and am saved in front of the cave...) for Timid Lugia as 31/x/31/25/31/31/31 do you guys think I should go for that... go for bold... look for a higher frame number... or do something else? and anyway to advance the RNG other than walking the 128 steps would be MARVELOUS

EDIT 2: my delay is 493 and I cant exactly change that (get it higher)

not in the part with the Kimono girls... but outside of that room... yes

EDIT: it seems for some reason I can only get the spread (searching for under 200 frames, and I have 5 pokes with me and am saved in front of the cave) for Timid Lugia as 31/x/31/25/31/31/31 do you guys think I should go for that... go for bold... look for a higher frame number... or do something else? and anyway to advance the RNG other than walking the 128 steps would be MARVELOUS
Hmm. I'm gonna have to do some calculations...

Poke'mon: Lugia (Frame 1, Method K)
# of Party Poke'mon: 5
128 Steps: +5 Frames
Frame: 67
Delay: 486
Runners: 2

Hmm. 1,664 steps would get me Frame 65... Looks like I have to kill a dog. ;-; Oh well. I can RNG it before Lance, so it's alright. Can someone double check this?

Aiming for this:

Bold
27/9/29/19/29/3

ok... considering I just found one on frame 477

so just for some clarification

Lugia frame:1
desired frame: 477
128 steps:+5
Runners: 0
so if I walk 12,160 steps it will give me frame 475+1 for lugia... now I need just one more... that of course must be done via radio... now how in the HELL do I do that? thanks everybody for your help....

EDIT: never mind... lol I found one for frame 481... UGGHHH thats a LOT of steps... how can I be sure I hit my seed? (without advancing my frame by walking where there are wild pokemon?) HG/SS of course... and Is it correct to say that walking around aimlessley screws up the frame (where there are wild pokes)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)