Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ok... considering I just found one on frame 477

so just for some clarification

Lugia frame:1
desired frame: 477
128 steps:+5
Runners: 0
so if I walk 12,160 steps it will give me frame 475+1 for lugia... now I need just one more... that of course must be done via radio... now how in the HELL do I do that? thanks everybody for your help....
you can search detuning the radio and you would have found this post, it mentions how to detune the radio to advance frames http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2380037&postcount=12790

Does having a roamer out add 1 to your frame in HGSS? I'm gunna try and RNG Ho-oh, and I still haven't killed Raikou or Entei. (I hope so, so I can just kill one of them and get a target frame of 2 because that's a frame for my spread. ^_^)

Does having a roamer out add 1 to your frame in HGSS? I'm gunna try and RNG Ho-oh, and I still haven't killed Raikou or Entei. (I hope so, so I can just kill one of them and get a target frame of 2 because that's a frame for my spread. ^_^)

from what I understand.... they are complete bitches.... sometimes adding 2 instead of 1...

personal example: I was checking the starting frame of Lugia with both Roamers.... a couple times I got 3... and a few I got 4.... so I killed mine off

I'm going to be RNGing Ho-oh very soon... since there's no Coin Flip Pokétch app to verify my seed, is the most logical course of action simply to advance the frame right in front of Ho-oh, talk to it, chuck a Master Ball, and check the IVs/nature? I like catching my Pokémon in Premier Balls, but it seems like it would take a VERY long time if I had to add in a lengthy battle (getting Ho-oh asleep at 1 HP and chucking tons of Premier Balls at it until one works) for EVERY attempt at hitting my seed!

...or do you all recommend I catch a random Pokémon in the Tin Tower, use its IVs to check if I've hit my seed, then advance the frame if I got it right (accounting for the frame advancement that occurred as a result of that battle) and use whatever Poké Ball I want on Ho-oh?

Right, im currently doing my first RNG breed. Ive abused for a bog standard shiny before, but im going for ivs/nature now.

I have an egg of the desired nature 'locked' in, which I found using rng reporter. I have also found a spread that I wish to go for, on Frame 7. Im now trying to ascertain my starting frame when I collect the egg. I keep getting high results i.e 94 and 127. I have two questions;

1: If my starting frame is higher then the frame my desired spread is on, how do I get to this? Do I have to 'loop' back to frame 1 or something?

2: Why do I keep getting different results for my starting frame? Im currently saved infront of an egg, I start and grab the egg before any npc movement, I then fly to an area with high level pokemon, catch one, and get the seed, and then under the 'method 1' tab of rng reporter, cross reference the ivs/nature of the caught pokemon to the results generated for my current seed. Could the reason for this be my timing being off when starting the game? Or am I doing something else wrong along the way.

I realise that because im new to this its probably something simple!

You're comparing the IVs/Nature of the CAUGHT pokemon on the frame list. You want to get your seed with the caught poke, and then you can throw it away, because you'll NOT use it IVs for anything else.

You need to get the Egg IV Breeding method, with your seed, and then you'll search for the EGG IVs in that list. THEN you'll know in which frame you got your egg.

You're comparing the IVs/Nature of the CAUGHT pokemon on the frame list. You want to get your seed with the caught poke, and then you can throw it away, because you'll NOT use it IVs for anything else.

You need to get the Egg IV Breeding method, with your seed, and then you'll search for the EGG IVs in that list. THEN you'll know in which frame you got your egg.
Ahhh. Makes sense now. So I still need to get my initial seed from a wild poke, but I get the ivs from the egg.

I feel like an idiot! Knew it would be something obvious.

Thanks.

Right, I have confirmed that my frame is 9, and the spread I desire is on frame 17. The date of this spread is 18:01:12 on the 2nd of the 3rd, so I set my ds to 18:00 on that date, I know that it takes 4 seconds to boot the game, and then around 12 seconds for me to hit continue. I then get to the journal, which is 17-9/2 = 4, so 3 flips because the journals first page counts as 1 flip right? And when I get into the game and receive the egg I can check my seed by using the coin flip app to see if it matches...

Looks like this will take a while. There are a few spreads on the same frame but different delay. Any tips?

I have a slight problem with trying to hit a specific seed:

I am in the Sky Pillar, trying to RNG Palkia, and am saved right in front of the purple portal. My normal seconds/delay range is 18 seconds, with a delay of 593-595. However, whenever I try hitting 18 seconds with 595, I always hit 17 with 595 instead. I tried changing the target seconds to 17, but whenever I hit 595 with THAT time, it's 18 seconds. So whichever delay I try to hit (I have tested this for the delay of 593 too), the seconds is always off, no matter what I've tried. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? I have hit this seed before in Sendoff Spring when RNG'ing for a Chimecho, so could it be location?
reposting question form yesterday

I'm using emloop, and it's 17-18 seconds because I'm using an R4i. I don't know why it's 17-18 seconds >___> depending on when/where I try and RNG sometimes I can hit the seed with 17 seconds and sometimes with 18. I have no idea why it does that. Doesn't matter, I'll RNG Palkia some other time :)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is there a list of areas in HG/SS where there are no NPCs moving around? Since I haven't started HG/SS yet and I recall in the GSC days that in order to re-battle it required registering numbers and await until they are ready to battle, I wonder if the VS Seeker is still available for these, and if fought, I would hope they stop moving at least.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a list of areas in HG/SS where there are no NPCs moving around? Since I haven't started HG/SS yet and I recall in the GSC days that in order to re-battle it required registering numbers and await until they are ready to battle, I wonder if the VS Seeker is still available for these, and if fought, I would hope they stop moving at least.
There isn't a list but timetwister has a post here http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2502090&postcount=24 where he and aromaflora have identified some locations with no moving NPCs in HG/SS, and no VS seeker in these games so you'll just have to hope they want to rebattle when you get to the route or observe their movement

I have been working on trying to successfully rng for a short while now in preparation for the HGSS release, intend to RNG legendaries and subsequent desirable pokes. I know how to use RNG Reporter 7.10 for the most part. I use JavaRNG/PikaTimer to find spreads. I am asking for help on Ho-oh.

My target seed is c0e02c2, frame 73, using Method K with an Adamant syncher. I am not interested in shiny, just the Ada 31/31/31/x/31/31 spread. I am playing Heartgold - English. I have no flashcart or anything, just my DS, HG cartridge, and an AR (not being used for this).

I have hit the target time and delay multiple times. I can catch Ho-oh and it lands on Frame 3 (two dogs alive, base frame) reliably. If I sweet scent down the ladder on the right time it lands on Frame 4 reliably. I have no problem to this point. After I catch Rattata, I need to advance the frame 69 times.

First I tried the radio trick (bottom right button tune/detune) to move it 4 frames and run around with 5 pokes in Ho-oh's room the appropriate amount of times. The caught Ho-oh's frame was WAY beyond the target.

Trying to figure out what made my frame jump so crazy I tried advancing the frame by 4 by running with 4 poke's in ho-oh's room, going down ladder, sweet scenting. I was on a different seed, but was more focusing on the frame. The first Rattata worked fine, frame 8, leaving me with a happy multiple of 5 to run around with 5 pokes. I sweet scented again, not moving or anything, and the frame was way beyond my target, even without running around - 154 (possibly higher, many identical spreads beyond that).

Sorry this is so long, but I cannot figure out what is making the second poke jump so far in frames. Does it have to do with the Syncher being in front? I considered moving him, but RNG Reporter offered totally different spreads when I switched it to no Synch.

I don't want to be a bother, but I have done literally hours (almost days) of research on this. I know not a lot of things are figured out about HGSS frames, but I know people have caught Ho-oh with just running around. Plz help me have my epic Ho-oh! Hope this is in the right thread...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)