Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I asked last night, but no one had any help. Perhaps Mingot or someone else does now. Is there any way to practice reducing delays, I mean, besides setting my year back to the 80s. I've seen multiple people asking about it, but how would I do it. Are lower delays possible in PtHGSS than DP? On a DSi than a DSlite/Phat?

Can someone I just explain this to me how you use the rng reporter for heart gold. Im trying to hatch shiny eggs. I clicked on breeding hg/ss for the method. Typed in the ID and SID the correct seed hex and nothing generates. Ive never actually did this on platnium version but Ive seen a video and would know how to do it on Diamond (but I dont have a shiny for it so i cant find my secret ID) I dont see an eggs to PID option for HGSS in thne RNG reporter either.
How do I find out how much frames i have to pass up to hatch a shiny?

Hey im having some troubles to find seconds and delay
Im using the snorlax on diglet's cave to get the delay and seconds on prng
my questions are:

1) does activing pokeflute on pokegear screw the search for initial seeder?
2)where i can find karps lvl 50+ or any other poke to find the initial seed?
3)the delay and sconds i'm getting with rng seed finder are these, every time it changes a lot, what's happening?

10 728
35 644
57 572
56 528
2 570

thank you

im using soulsilver btw

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quick question. I'm RNGing for Palkia at the Sky Pillar. You know how you can't save right in front of palkia because it auto walks up to him after a certain distance. Well those "auto-walked steps", do they advance the frame like normal steps do?
I'm pretty sure autopilot steps trip the step counter just like regular steps. What you should do is just go for a low frame. Start up the game on any arbitrary seed and make sure it starts on frame 1 (or whatever frame Palkia starts on - NO PAGE FLIPS!), find the seed using coin flips. Battle Palkia, catch, and note what frame it appears on. If it lies on Palkia's initial frame, then you don't have to worry about tripping the counter. If it lies on Palkia's initial frame + number of pokemon in your party, you know that you tripped the counter, and you should adjust accordingly. Do this before you go for a frame like 500 and miss it!

I've been having huge problems with delay consistency and seem to be able to hit 624 well. Only problem is I'm trying to do a straight 31 Mudkip and it's only available on an even frame.

I've been having huge problems with delay consistency and seem to be able to hit 624 well. Only problem is I'm trying to do a straight 31 Mudkip and it's only available on an even frame.
Keep changing the year, im sure youll be able to find one.

EDIT: And if thats "too much" of a problem then just resave untill your egg frame is uneven

If Im RNGing for Raikou in the burnt tower, does the step I take to make them run away affect the frame at all? Also, is a delay of 520 possible in HGSS? just wanted some clarification.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If Im RNGing for Raikou in the burnt tower, does the step I take to make them run away affect the frame at all? Also, is a delay of 520 possible in HGSS? just wanted some clarification.
no to the step and yes a delay of 520 is possible in HG/SS

Hey, question, are their any RNG teachers on here that could walk me through a whole Shiny +IV breed? I have been trying and trying, and I think I just need someone to walk me through it step by step for my first complete time, If anyone has the time or is willing to do this, let me know.

(I hope this was an ok place to ask this...)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, question, are their any RNG teachers on here that could walk me through a whole Shiny +IV breed? I have been trying and trying, and I think I just need someone to walk me through it step by step for my first complete time, If anyone has the time or is willing to do this, let me know.

try here the people on this thread apparently offer to tutor people there appears to be a queue and it looks like they already have a few tutees so you may have to wait but its worth a shot http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70619

additionally, there are a few people that post in their sig that you can PM them RNG questions or ask them for help so just look at people's sigs.

Is there anyone who can walk me through using the Shiny Egg time finder for HG/SS?

Edit: Never mind for now. I think I found some info that will help on Mingot's RNG research thread.

Which game is this on? I might be able to help with fourth gen. stuff, but I can't help with Emerald.

Hello everyone. I recently opened up a RNG tutoring service to help those who are having trouble with RNG on a more personal, hands-on approach. The one-on-one method has been very successful in helping those who can't quite get the subtleties of the Smogon guide. The problem is that is has been requested far more than expected. There are only three tutors at the moment and we are all full on students. I came here wondering if some of you would like to do more than just reply to forums posts and really help the student get involved with RNG and the Smogon community. If you are willing to tutor, PM me which games you would like to teach and how many students you would like to have at one time. Right now it is purely voluntary and everything is very flexible.

Also we are still accepting students so if would like to get help I can add you to the waiting list and hopefully get someone to help you soon (depending on if this gets anymore tutors).

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

So, I still need help using RNG Reporter to get a shiny egg on HG/SS. Is anyone available to walk me through it? I know I have to catch a poke to get a seed, but that's it. I don't know the exact steps to do after or how to interpret the information from the seed. I can't tell if the seed I got is good or not. Help would be very much appreciated.

For the platinum users, what is yalls average Frame that you input to the Time finder before generating your times? I'm finding mine to be really fast, even though I seemed to take my time before talking to the old man with the egg. I got 6 frames. I'm talking about the number you put in the min/max frame box

For the platinum users, what is yalls average Frame that you input to the Time finder before generating your times? I'm finding mine to be really fast, even though I seemed to take my time before talking to the old man with the egg. I got 6 frames. I'm talking about the number you put in the min/max frame box
That totally depends on when you save the game. I've had anywhere from 4-10 for initial frames. But I collect it quickly after I put away the journal. I don't think you are taking your time because every time someone in the town turns or walk, the frame is going up.

Hey im having some troubles to find seconds and delay
Im using the snorlax on diglet's cave to get the delay and seconds on prng
my questions are:

1) does activing pokeflute on pokegear screw the search for initial seeder?
2)where i can find karps lvl 50+ or any other poke to find the initial seed?
3)the delay and sconds i'm getting with rng seed finder are these, every time it changes a lot, what's happening?

10 728
35 644
57 572
56 528
2 570

thank you

im using soulsilver btw
anyone?

Make sure you're mashing A to load the game as quickly as possible. Make sure you reset at :00 of a minute with your DS clock synched perfectly to an external clock. Looks as if you've done neither, and I doubt that the Pokeflute messes with the initial seed finder. Perhaps it might advance the frame, but that should be a nonfactor in calibration.

So, I still need help using RNG Reporter to get a shiny egg on HG/SS. Is anyone available to walk me through it? I know I have to catch a poke to get a seed, but that's it. I don't know the exact steps to do after or how to interpret the information from the seed. I can't tell if the seed I got is good or not. Help would be very much appreciated.
Anyone out there can give me clear instructions on how to use a seed to get a shiny egg on HG/SS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)