Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Darkwatch, you have re-do your frame calibration every time you save the file again while standing in front of the daycare man. So every time you save, you must recheck that you still have the same common frame, and then you do the work of choosing an IV spread based on that common frame. If you can't find a common frame, there's too much NPC movement at the time you saved, which means you must save again (after you see the movement finish) and recheck for a common frame.

Darkwatch, you have re-do your frame calibration every time you save the file again while standing in front of the daycare man. So every time you save, you must recheck that you still have the same common frame, and then you do the work of choosing an IV spread based on that common frame. If you can't find a common frame, there's too much NPC movement at the time you saved, which means you must save again (after you see the movement finish) and recheck for a common frame.
I already knew that. But thanks. lol My common frame was 5 and I used that to acquire the spread I wanted. So I'm done. The only problem was finding a way to stop the cowgirl from moving. And as you said, I had to resave, which I did.

Ok..
Reading the guides I learnt how to hatch shiny eggs in DP, but what I really cannot understand is calibration, so that I can't breed what I want (flawless IVs, obv).
Oh, and I didn't understand what to do to catch shiny flawless legendary on HGSS.
edit: for "legendary" I mean "stationary Pokémon", not necessarily ubers.

This is my first RNG attempt. I was breeding for a shiny Charmander egg in HG. I finally started making progess, and eventually hit my target seed. Ok, the shiny was on frame 8. I took the first 6 eggs, and they all hatched the natures RNG Reporter predicted. Then I took the 7th, and saved before collecting the 8th. But something went wrong, the 8th is what was predicted 9th, and the 7th was shiny. Even though RNG predicted something else for 7th. Was it because I hadn't hatched the 7th before saving? Anyway, here's the seed: 471701F5. The one that went missing was the rash one.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is my first RNG attempt. I was breeding for a shiny Charmander egg in HG. I finally started making progess, and eventually hit my target seed. Ok, the shiny was on frame 8. I took the first 6 eggs, and they all hatched the natures RNG Reporter predicted. Then I took the 7th, and saved before collecting the 8th. But something went wrong, the 8th is what was predicted 9th, and the 7th was shiny. Even though RNG predicted something else for 7th. Was it because I hadn't hatched the 7th before saving? Anyway, here's the seed: 471701F5. The one that went missing was the rash one.
Did you receive a phone call at any point during the 7 eggs? This may have caused the egg RNG to advance

The best way is to aim for a Frame 1 shiny egg.

umm i don't think so, I think I only received calls from the day-care man when he had an egg. Thanks for the advice though I'll bear that in mind next time I RNG abuse.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question. How are you predicting the egg natures of the eggs using RNG Reporter? I've been trying to figure out shiny hatching on HG for the last day and I can't get clear instructions. I don't know how you are predicting the egg natures in advance of the shiny. It's really frustrating because I know how to do this for DPPT, but trying to get even the smallest walk through of what steps to do different for HG is awful here.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question. How are you predicting the egg natures of the eggs using RNG Reporter? I've been trying to figure out shiny hatching on HG for the last day and I can't get clear instructions. I don't know how you are predicting the egg natures in advance of the shiny. It's really frustrating because I know how to do this for DPPT, but trying to get even the smallest walk through of what steps to do different for HG is awful here.
Uh. I told you exactly what guide to use and the differences for HG/SS. Did you miss my post?

I saw your post and it's not clear enough, sorry. I need to know which part of RNG Reporter to use and also how the person in the post above me is actually using RNG reporter to predict egg natures in advance. I don't know how that's being done. I don't even know if the time I'm generating is even useful to me or how to tell if I'm even close to the target time when I reset my game and punch A as fast as I can. It seems like a lot of basic info is being assumed by people here who have experience that I don't have who has very little. Not everything in RNG should be considered as "everybody knows that" or "It's obvious", because no it's not.

Edit:When I do all this in DPPT, I can find adjacent times and so on, to see where I'm at, but that's not what's happening in HG.

Another edit: So if someone could walk me through the basic steps of doing the shiny egg thing for HG, I'd appreciate it. Then I'd even write up a FAQ for others who are having similar trouble figuring out how to use RNG Reporter with HG.

I saw your post and it's not clear enough, sorry. I need to know which part of RNG Reporter to use and also how the person in the post above me is actually using RNG reporter to predict egg natures in advance. I don't know how that's being done.
Try the DPPt Egg PID options. I won't say that they always work for HGSS, especially with HGSS' tendency to skip eggs, but they at least worked out whenever I tried it.

I don't even know if the time I'm generating is even useful to me or how to tell if I'm even close to the target time when I reset my game and punch A as fast as I can. It seems like a lot of basic info being assumed here that I don't have.

Edit:When I do all this in DPPT, I can find adjacent times and so on, to see where I'm at, but that's not what's happening in HG.
A. If you have any roamers out, either note down which Routes they are on before saving, or defeat/catch them.

B. Download and open the latest RNG Reporter (8.10)

C. Read and understand the third post of this thread

D. Open Seed to Time in RNG Reporter just as you would with DPPt

E. Select the HGSS option

F. Once your seed is entered (and the Roamer locations you noted down, if any), click "Generate"

G. Select (meaning click on) your target time

H. Click the second "Generate" just as you would with DPPt

I. Read and understand the third post of this thread

J. Click "Search Elm" and enter your responses

Done.

Another edit: So if someone could walk me through the basic steps of doing the shiny egg thing for HG, I'd appreciate it. Then I'd even write up a FAQ for others who are having similar trouble figuring out how to use RNG Reporter with HG.
The second and third posts already form a pretty comprehensive list of all the new changes.

Thank you, Kiddu. The Seed to Time button was the missing info for me. I've been trying to do all this with seed finder and time finder. I've never had to use Seed to Time before.

Thank you, Kiddu. The Seed to Time button was the missing info for me. I've been trying to do all this with seed finder and time finder. I've never had to use Seed to Time before. Also, which thread are you referring to?
You honestly should've been. Seed to Time makes seed verification and delay adjustment so much easier.

The thread we're posting in right now. The third post talks about two methods for HGSS seed checking, which have both been added to RNG Reporter.

Try the DPPt Egg PID options. I won't say that they always work for HGSS, especially with HGSS' tendency to skip eggs
Does that really happen? That might explain why the shiny I RNG'd for came on the wrong frame...So, basically I have to choose a seed with a shiny on the first frame for it to work reliably?

Does that really happen? That might explain why the shiny I RNG'd for came on the wrong frame...So, basically I have to choose a seed with a shiny on the first frame for it to work reliably?
That's why Ditto asked about the phone. The current theory is phone calls advancing the Egg RNG, but there could be something else nobody's found yet.

Basically, yes.

EDIT: Either that, or save before picking up each egg, and hatch it before going to the next one.

You honestly should've been. Seed to Time makes seed verification and delay adjustment so much easier.

The thread we're posting in right now. The third post talks about two methods for HGSS seed checking, which have both been added to RNG Reporter.
I've been hatching shiny eggs in DPPT no problem. I start with Time Finder and find adjacents after I choose a target frame. I never had any experience with seed to time or any reason to look at it until now. I was only tutored recently how to RNG for Pearl and Platinum. That's why none of this is obvious to me.

But thank you again. It really helps to be pointed in the right direction. :-) I appreciate it a lot.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm getting high frames on my HG while breeding:

Can someone tell me if i did everything right?
- I made sure the day care man was holding an egg of the nature I wanted
- I took note of the routes of my roamers (Raikou and Entei)
- I saved the game
- I soft-resetted the game on the correct date, picked the egg up and checked the route of my roamers to see if i hit my delay (I cant call Elm)
- Once I hatched my egg i put its IVs in the RNG reporter with HGSS method and I got a 1039 frame and on another delay, frame 1011

Can someone tell me why im getting these high frames?

What seed, etc. were you aiming for? What IVs did you get? Where were the roamers? Etc... The more helpful info you give, the easier it is to work out what could be wrong.

I downloaded Seed Verifier Beta from the link in post three of this thread, but there is no executable file in the package. How are we supposed to use this program? There's nothing I can click to make it run.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I downloaded Seed Verifier Beta from the link in post three of this thread, but there is no executable file in the package. How are we supposed to use this program? There's nothing I can click to make it run.
the latest RNG reporter has it built into it so there is no need to download seed verifier, just check Mingot's sig for any RNG reporter updates.

I'm fairly sure my java is up to date, but I am not familiar with using or writing Java programs therefore I must ask how to run a package of java files. How do I run a java package? Is there something I do to make the package run? Is there a file I click?

On mine, it just runs when I double click the .jar. I don't really know anything about programming or java or anything so I can't really help you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)