Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

This would indicate that maybe the jar package is being hijacked by another program, because when I download it, WinRar grabs it first. I'll go find where the jar is on the computer and make sure WinRar doesn't take control. Thanks for the help, Showsni.

Small update: I managed to get Java to open the package at last. Thanks again for the help.

Does finding your average delay in HGSS work the same way as it does in DPPT? For some reason, the RNG reporter hasn't been spitting out any results and Ive been doing everything the same as I would for DPPT.

I've already inquired about this in the simple answers/requests thread, but as this inquiry is particularly RNG-oriented, I figure it may behoove me to cross-pollenate for optimum results.

I've heard of RNGing for specific SIDs, but have no idea how to do it, nor have I any clue as to how one might go about finding which SID would force a particular seed into shininess.

My example is as follows: Having no possible, let alone suitable or even decent, shiny seeds off of my Platinum SID, and given that the encounter slots for headbutt pokés in HG/SS have yet to be mapped, I have decided to devote a scarcely used copy of Diamond to acquiring a shiny, FLAWLESS, Female, jolly/timid (whichever I find first really) Aipom in a premier ball.

Were the ball not an issue, it would be a fairly straightforward BP, but alas, 'tis a point of pride. Is this even fucking possible (without months of trial and error), or have I been misled?

Does finding your average delay in HGSS work the same way as it does in DPPT? For some reason, the RNG reporter hasn't been spitting out any results and Ive been doing everything the same as I would for DPPT.
Did you make sure to click the HG/SS delay box? It won't give results if you don't have the box checkmarked.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've already inquired about this in the simple answers/requests thread, but as this inquiry is particularly RNG-oriented, I figure it may behoove me to cross-pollenate for optimum results.

I've heard of RNGing for specific SIDs, but have no idea how to do it, nor have I any clue as to how one might go about finding which SID would force a particular seed into shininess.

My example is as follows: Having no possible, let alone suitable or even decent, shiny seeds off of my Platinum SID, and given that the encounter slots for headbutt pokés in HG/SS have yet to be mapped, I have decided to devote a scarcely used copy of Diamond to acquiring a shiny, FLAWLESS, Female, jolly/timid (whichever I find first really) Aipom in a premier ball.

Were the ball not an issue, it would be a fairly straightforward BP, but alas, 'tis a point of pride. Is this even fucking possible (without months of trial and error), or have I been misled?
People should really read the first page more often
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1822052&postcount=10

People are more likely to read the first page if there's a notice under the thread title like they have on Giveaways. For this thread, something like "see first page for basic info and links to FAQs".

am trying to abuse dialga in Diamond.

when are the ivs generated? i am like 4 steps away from it, then when i take one step, the other 3 steps go automatic, and i immediately battle dialga.

so i just have to hit my delay, do the journal flips, and then walk one step right?

Hi guys,
I've got my desired poke waiting to be collected from day-care. I'd just like clarification on something before I start soft-resetting for IV's. My target seed with the IV spread I want has a frame of 7. The guide says my starting frame is normally 3 (this is HG). So, do I quickly open up the radio and advance 4 times, then pick up my egg all without the NPC moving? And once I've got the egg, can I still check if I hit my seed by calling Elm?

Is collecting eggs the only way to advance the IRNG in HGSS?
If you know that your doing, you can call people to advance the IRNG

@Inevitable
Since there no wild pkmn, You should do all your abuse(steps, journal flips, coin flips) before that one step. I should be generated when you take that once step. But since I rng off my platinum the most, I am only 90% sure about it

Hi guys,
I've got my desired poke waiting to be collected from day-care. I'd just like clarification on something before I start soft-resetting for IV's. My target seed with the IV spread I want has a frame of 7. The guide says my starting frame is normally 3 (this is HG). So, do I quickly open up the radio and advance 4 times, then pick up my egg all without the NPC moving? And once I've got the egg, can I still check if I hit my seed by calling Elm?
Edit: mingot helped

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi guys,
If I were you, I would find something on a frame of about 15-20 and then call elm immediately the 9 times and use the adjacents finder in seed to time. That way you can verify your seed and if you miss it know what you actually did hit with one tool.

Doing it your way will allow you to check to see if you hit your seed, but it has no facility for letting you know what seed you DID hit when you miss. Which is helpful.

does pokerus affect the RNG anyway?
I try to get the right seed to capture a legendary pokemon, but when I verify it using the roamer method I don't even get seeds close to that one

If I were you, I would find something on a frame of about 15-20 and then call elm immediately the 9 times and use the adjacents finder in seed to time. That way you can verify your seed and if you miss it know what you actually did hit with one tool.

Doing it your way will allow you to check to see if you hit your seed, but it has no facility for letting you know what seed you DID hit when you miss. Which is helpful.
Thanks for the advice :)

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What seed, etc. were you aiming for? What IVs did you get? Where were the roamers? Etc... The more helpful info you give, the easier it is to work out what could be wrong.
I'm aiming for this seed:

AF0201F7 (493 delay)
2010/ 05 / 31

before saving in front of the day care man i checked the routes of my roamers (R= 38 E=37) then i saved the game.
I tried to hit my seed AF0201F7 but when i entered the game, after collecting the egg, i found out that I hit this seed: AF0201EF (because my roamers were R=43 E=38)
I moved 10-15 steps to hatch the egg but when i put its ivs (31/29/31/20/31/3) I couldn't find any frame of it.

Thanks for the advice :)

I incorporated your advice; called Elm 4 times to advance the frame, and it was enough to check I'd hit the right seed too. Am now the proud owner of a shiny jolly Flygon 31/31/31/31/31/30. Woooo!

The RNG reporter I have doesn't have a button like that I dont think. Is there an updated version that I havent heard about?
The most recent version is in the original poster's signature, should be 8.1 or maybe even 8.20 by now.

Beat by Nexus, but may be helpful to others nonetheless.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This going to be an odd question-- but is it possible (or does anyone know of) a means of using Action Replay to force an initial seed at the point of "continue"?

I know we try to avoid open discussion of action replay on these boards, but what means people use is up to their own discression (what with IV checking, instant egg, etc.), and frankly speaking forcefully timing the seed using a stop watch (aka. an external device if you will) really does not seem all that different to me from a "moral" aspect of simply telling the AR to code for a certain initial seed.

Hitting the delay is a PITA sometimes. Thanks!

edit: Also, when you specify in RNG Reporter that you are using Synchronize, is the spread it suggests 100% sure to synchronize? Or are you still facing the same 50/50 as always?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While I don't believe it is possible to "force" an initial seed, I heard that on emulators or even a CycloDS it is possible to have save states which makes it possible to at least maintain the seed for yet another time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)