Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

my delay ranges from 598-606 and the secs always 15.. should my delay always be the same?
Your delay doesnt have to the same but having a calibrated target delay makes RNG'ing easier (aiming for just 1 delay).

What was your save frame calibration and how many times you did it?

The only logically problem I can deduce is that a NPC is moving.

If you got the consistent save frame:
If you are doing your journal flips Mingot way:
&
If your coin flip match the the seed

then

a NPC is moving

If you hit your target time more then once and the ivs are still not right then you might wanna consider trying to save when you think the NPC wont move and do the frame calibration again.

I've been attempting to attempt Pokewalker abuse.

I'm aiming for the Seed: FF07000A
It appears at 5/31/2010 7:54:46

At 7:54:40, I press A from the DSi menu to enter the game, since I heard it takes ~6.7 seconds from the menu to get to the point where it Seeds. Confirmation on this would be nice.

Frame 1 of the Seed should look like:
13/26/18/19/25/8

Several times, I have got this:
26/13/5/29/11/23

I checked Seeds to each direction for 10 seconds and found nothing like the spread I got. Could someone please help me find out what Seed I keep hitting? I tried entering the IVs into the Reporter, and it came up with one Seed that was very clearly incorrect. So if someone could check low delays, that would be great. Since I can hit the same Seed consistently, if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'm all set.

By the way, for those interested, FF07000A is a lovely seed. 29/31/31/27/31/18 on frame 5.
Any of your questions could've been answered if you simply checked the Research Thread.

Disconfirming your first point, it takes about 1-2 seconds max to the point where the game seeds which finally concludes that you was way off target.

Of course your seed was clearly incorrect as you hit one that was clearly incorrect.

Verifying your Target Time/Delay

For this step, does the order of the heads and tails matter, or is it just the total number of heads and tails?

ok i know i always get the frame right, the minimum is 4.

Im soft resetting for egg ivs. but when i check the stats in an iv calculator, it always ends up getting the wrong ivs as compared to the one given by the rng reporter; verified that using the flip sequence, and they did not match.

i've inputted the correct delays, correct min frame and an arbitrary max one. is there something im doing wrong? :C

Alright, I must be doing something wrong, since I can't seem to match the coin sequence.

I've gotten many initial seeds, most of them being about 14 seconds averaging about 635 delay. Now, say I used 11:07:00 as the starting time, would my synchronize time be 11:06:00 and reset time be 11:06:46?

ok i know i always get the frame right, the minimum is 4.

Im soft resetting for egg ivs. but when i check the stats in an iv calculator, it always ends up getting the wrong ivs as compared to the one given by the rng reporter; verified that using the flip sequence, and they did not match.

i've inputted the correct delays, correct min frame and an arbitrary max one. is there something im doing wrong? :C
Sounds like your frame is changing on you, IV's can change with the frame. Even though you've hit your delay properly, you may have gotten the wrong frame.

Alright, thanks for the info DarkChaos. To clear things up, I tried several times with the Target Frame at 6 and my frame at 6 and even though I lined up the time and delays, the frame was still off, so I think the journal being on the caught pokemon page affects the frame even though you haven't touched it.

I tried a different set using a Target Frame of 10 and it worked perfectly after turning the journal page and turning it back to the caught pokemon page.

I have written a noob guide for getting a shiny egg in HGSS. It's in my trade thread for now (link in sig). This is a work in progress but the basics are there for anyone wanting to start hatching shinies on their HGSS game.

I have written a noob guide for getting a shiny egg in HGSS. It's in my trade thread for now (link in sig). This is a work in progress but the basics are there for anyone wanting to start hatching shinies on their HGSS game.
Your guide's huge O_O... compared to what I usually do to get my shinies ._.

It's a noob guide with step by step instructions. If you have short cuts to getting a shiny in HGSS, please tell me what they are. I'll adjust the guide.

It's a noob guide with step by step instructions. If you have short cuts to getting a shiny in HGSS, please tell me what they are. I'll adjust the guide.
Noobs, sorry to say this, but if your results don’t have a frame of 1, you must try more months and days and even different years until you get a frame of 1. You’ll save yourself a load of hassle. I’m not an expert. If you get a frame of three and want to use it, fine; just don’t ask me for help if it gets hard or fails. For the rest of you who want to keep this as easy as possible, just keep trying until you get a seed with a frame of 1.
When I look for shiny eggs, I typically look for low frames, not a frame of 1. I've found that as long as you hit your Initial Seed correctly and verify that the seed and delay are correct, the frames are usually correct (on rare occasions do undesired results occur).
The only time I've found the egg frames screwing up is when the date and time is very near the next day. Let's say, on the day 5/6/10, you find a good seed with a time of around 23:49, and you're looking for an egg on frame 3. If you do not get your third egg (frame 3) egg from the Daycare Man BEFORE the time reaches 00:00 (11 minutes later; signifying the next day 5/7/10), your egg will be a fail and the following eggs will all be random fails.
Make sure to note that they should pay attention to the time and date of the egg they're trying for. If the date changes before they get their egg, the egg will not be shiny. Also, low frames work just as well for the process, but your guide's noob-friendly so I guess that can be left in.

When I look for shiny eggs, I typically look for low frames, not a frame of 1. I've found that as long as you hit your Initial Seed correctly and verify that the seed and delay are correct, the frames are usually correct (on rare occasions do undesired results occur).
The only time I've found the egg frames screwing up is when the date and time is very near the next day. Let's say, on the day 5/6/10, you find a good seed with a time of around 23:49, and you're looking for an egg on frame 3. If you do not get your third egg (frame 3) egg from the Daycare Man BEFORE the time reaches 00:00 (11 minutes later; signifying the next day 5/7/10), your egg will be a fail and the following eggs will all be random fails.
Make sure to note that they should pay attention to the time and date of the egg they're trying for. If the date changes before they get their egg, the egg will not be shiny. Also, low frames work just as well for the process, but your guide's noob-friendly so I guess that can be left in.
Thanks, dafinal. Yeh, I tried a 3 frame seed once, but it failed, so I reverted to earlier advice and aimed for a 1 frame seed.

Oh, and do I have permission to quote your advice in my noob guide?

Do you happen to know if incoming phonecalls (not answered) will advance the frames?

Thanks, dafinal. Yeh, I tried a 3 frame seed once, but it failed, so I reverted to earlier advice and aimed for a 1 frame seed.

Oh, and do I have permission to quote your advice in my noob guide?
Do you happen to know if incoming phonecalls (not answered) will advance the frames?
Sure go ahead.
I've read somewhere that things that normally advance the frame of the RNG (talking to your Pokemon, adventuring around, radio, phone calls, etc.) do not advance the egg RNG (I think there's a specific name for this somewhere...). For me, taking many steps just to get a phone call from the daycare man is proof enough, because the egg RNG doesn't seem to advance at all (you're taking lots of steps and receiving phone calls from the old man).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)