Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have a simple question, I want to guarantee the nature of my offspring is exactly what I want it to be. I have 2 power items on a ditto and an eevee, and I just want to breed a certain nature without delays and spreads and stuff.

You can just save in front of the old man, hatch egg, and if it's the right nature, proceed to the next step (soft resetting your results). If not, throw egg away and repeat.

Also according to the second page of the thread, breeding with power items and its effects with RNG attempts are unknown... so I am not quite sure how the items would affect your results.

Pikatimer problem.
Here's all my info. Calibrated delay: 602
Wanted delay: 1258
Calibrated second: 16
wanted second: 16
Going for magmorter,
I heard somwhere that you should add 50 to your "wanted delaay" and 5 to your "wanted second?" Is that right? Either way, when I try to match up the flips on seed to times it says "No match was found for your flips"
what am I doing wrong? It worked earlier!

Adding to your wanted second doesn't make a difference, also you should change the wanted delay using PikaTimer according to the general delay you hit.

I meant wanted delay. In the update thing in PikaTimer you put the delay you are hitting more or less consistently and it updates the wanted delay so the timer will help you hit the delay you want. It is good for hitting high delays.

PID: 0703b6e4 (MODEST, ability 0) 30/10/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 061204f4 Method 1: 59, J (synch): 2, J (no synch): 42, K (synch): 4, K (no synch): 12) HP ICE 70

PID: 0703b6e4 (MODEST, ability 0) 30/10/30/31/31/31 (Seed: 061204f4 Method 1: 59, J (synch): 2, J (no synch): 42, K (synch): 4, K (no synch): 12) HP ICE 70
I said this earlier in the thread and I'll say it again. On Seeds to Time, before you hit the lower generate button, make sure you have have Delays set to + and - 99. Make sure you have seconds at least + or - 5. Do not click match odd or even only. Make sure it is not clicked.

If you follow these instructions and still do not get an adjacent, then check your date and time on the DS before restarting the game. Make sure you are setting it to the date you chose in the top section of Seeds to Time.

Do NOT rely on coin flips. Coin flips can be misleading. Catch your legendary (or whatever poke is your target), then catch a second poke. Put the stats or IVs of that second poke into Seed Finder on the main window of RNG reporter and use it to find where you actually landed. This gives you the actual delay you landed on and the seconds you got into the game and this is what you need to adjust Pikatimer so that you get closer to your target delay.

You have to follow these instructions to make proper use of Pikatimer.

You can just save in front of the old man, hatch egg, and if it's the right nature, proceed to the next step (soft resetting your results). If not, throw egg away and repeat.

Also according to the second page of the thread, breeding with power items and its effects with RNG attempts are unknown... so I am not quite sure how the items would affect your results.
I would like to avoid having to hatch the correct nature.

I'm having a problem with the time finder in RNG reporter. See when I try searching for a seed for catching a pokemon nothing comes up when the search ends. I entered year 2010 max frame 600 min/max delay 620-650 method J synch nature jolly nature jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31 ability one and then my ID (I don't know my secret ID but I thought you only needed it to get shinies). Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a problem with the time finder in RNG reporter. See when I try searching for a seed for catching a pokemon nothing comes up when the search ends. I entered year 2010 max frame 600 min/max delay 620-650 method J synch nature jolly nature jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31 ability one and then my ID (I don't know my secret ID but I thought you only needed it to get shinies). Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
there is no hex flawless ability 1 jolly spread

Yes; for one, your ranges are waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too strict. Most flawless spreads require either a frame or delay of at least 1000, usually more.

Also, stop using Time Finder for captures. Seed Finder --> Find Seed by IVs --> Open Search is much faster.

Is there a way for me to save the pikatimer and the javaRNG into my computer? Or do I have to keep downloading them everytime I want to use them? If I'm able to save them, how?

Apart from the things the others mentioned, I recommend PokéRNG for finding seeds. It's way faster than RNG Reporter.

Is there a way for me to save the pikatimer and the javaRNG into my computer? Or do I have to keep downloading them everytime I want to use them? If I'm able to save them, how?
Yeah, you download them and it should give you an option to save and one that either says open or run. Just click save and put it where you can get to it easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)