Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, these two bits kinda confuse me. Where on RNG Reporter is this option to search for very low egg PID frames? I have the latest version of RNG Reporter (8.30) and I would like to know where this option is.
Time Finder > Shiny Egg > HGSS Shiny Egg

Also, I know in DPPt you're supposed to save in an area where you can easily catch high-level pkmn, but where should i save in hg/ss? right in front of the old lady so that i may store the parents ASAP?
Yeah, in front of the lady because your target frame will be very low and you can check your delay by calling Elm (that doesn't advance the Egg frame)

Also, the receiving/rejecting eggs one at a time part confuses me. Is this how i get from one frame to another (i thought you're supposed to advance the frame by calling elm/joey?)
As long as your target frame is 1 you don't have to worry about this.

Instructions for installing and running RNG Reporter on Intel Macs

1) Download and install Mono for Mac OSX (note: you will need administrative privileges to install Mono).

2) Download RNG Reporter. Unpack the contents of the RNG Reporter .zip file onto your Desktop.

4) Download the RNG Reporter Mac supplement .zip file, attached to this post. Unpack the contents onto your Desktop

5) Double-click the RNG Reporter icon. (Not the icon with the .exe extension.)
is this easier and better than the one stated above me? and is this free too?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
is this easier and better than the one stated above me? and is this free too?
Less complicated, and it should run faster since you're not trying to run a virtual machine at the same time. It is also free.

However, Mono does run slower compared to Microsoft's .NET, even with using Mono for Windows.

Quick Question

Sorry if it's already asked before, but I have a quick question about the "Chain to SID" feature of RNG Reporter: can I use my eight shiny Pokemon obtained via Chaining (Poke radar) to deduce my Secret ID? I caught them in my Diamond cart.

Or maybe the "Chain to SID" is only viable in the latest games (HGSS) when catching that Red Gyarados?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if it's already asked before, but I have a quick question about the "Chain to SID" feature of RNG Reporter: can I use my eight shiny Pokemon obtained via Chaining (Poke radar) to deduce my Secret ID? I caught them in my Diamond cart.

Or maybe the "Chain to SID" is only viable in the latest games (HGSS) when catching that Red Gyarados?
Yes, you can use Chain to SID for your chained shinies.

Attention: Currently looking for someone to help me RNG abuse. I have RNG reporter on my mac, and am ready to start learning. If you help me, you will get INFINITE credits to my thread, and my first bred poke will be a BP of your choice! :)

Attention: Currently looking for someone to help me RNG abuse. I have RNG reporter on my mac, and am ready to start learning. If you help me, you will get INFINITE credits to my thread, and my first bred poke will be a BP of your choice! :)
What version are you using? Do you already know your SID?

I'm about to RNG for Latios on my SS game, I have already battled and fainted him but know beating the E4 will make him respawn in game. I was wondering if its IV's, nature ect are created after beating Lance or at another point if so where exactly? any extra advice would also be a great help. Thanks in advance.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I'm about to RNG for Latios on my SS game, I have already battled and fainted him but know beating the E4 will make him respawn in game. I was wondering if its IV's, nature ect are created after beating Lance or at another point if so where exactly? any extra advice would also be a great help. Thanks in advance.
Have you saved after fainting Latios? I've found it's easier to RNG for him inside the Pokemon Fan Club. You have to stop 7 phone calls short of the actual target. For example, if the target frame is 100, advance to frame 93.

For all practical purposes, Latios is generated right when you talk to Lance, so you have to do all your frame advancements beforehand. This is incredibly tough since you don't have access to the phone, but the RadioSeed program on the front page allows you to advance using radio responses.

Have you saved after fainting Latios? I've found it's easier to RNG for him inside the Pokemon Fan Club. You have to stop 7 phone calls short of the actual target. For example, if the target frame is 100, advance to frame 93.

For all practical purposes, Latios is generated right when you talk to Lance, so you have to do all your frame advancements beforehand. This is incredibly tough since you don't have access to the phone, but the RadioSeed program on the front page allows you to advance using radio responses.
Yeah unfortunatly I released him by accident and had to faint him so I had no roamers whilst I was RNG'ing other mon's, so Lance is my only option. Ah annoying I didnt realise the phone wouldn't work so finding my intial seed is going to be a nightmare, thanks for your help though Omega I'll let you know how I get on and most likely be back if I have any other problems with this. :)

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is it just me or is it that the Pokemon Search Party responses from the RadioSeed program don't match up with the responses from my game?

I don't know why there's nothing wrong with Serial Drama but for Pokemon Search Party, the results don't match...

Pls. help...
There are no posts about these inconsistencies (concerning the Pokemon Search Party responses)...
Or is there a bug in the first version of RadioSeed?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I found both very accurate. Are you sure that you hit your delay?
Uh yes, I'm sure I hit my delay...
I just successfully RNG'd a Latias using both the Roamer method (Entei still roaming) and radio responses.
The target time from my target seed is around 18:00+, so the radio plays Pokemon Search Party.
I used the radio to advance the frames even more, despite the fact that the RadioSeed responses don't match the ones from my game.

I don't know why it doesn't match, but there's no problem really for Serial Radio Drama, which plays if the hour is 1 modulo 3.
If it's 0, then it's Pokemon Search Party.
And if it's 2, then it's Buena's Password, which is useless in frame advancements.

Exactly what do you want? I'm assuming you want to learn to RNG breed, from your reference to breeding, yes? Are you on DPPt, or HGSS?

This is probably a stupid question, but is there a way to prevent the NPC's from moving in Solaceon Town?

I just did my frame calibration, and I consistently hit frame 3. When I did this, the first movement of the NPC was after about 2 seconds. Now that I am actually doing the RNG abuse, right when I turn my DS on, the cowrgirls move, and I am hitting frame 5 =.=

I would really prefer not to change my spread, as I am doing a HP type, and I RNGed the parents to fit this exact spread.

This is probably a stupid question, but is there a way to prevent the NPC's from moving in Solaceon Town?

I just did my frame calibration, and I consistently hit frame 3. When I did this, the first movement of the NPC was after about 2 seconds. Now that I am actually doing the RNG abuse, right when I turn my DS on, the cowrgirls move, and I am hitting frame 5 =.=

I would really prefer not to change my spread, as I am doing a HP type, and I RNGed the parents to fit this exact spread.
Unfortunately, no you can't get them to stop moving but you can control how they move. See, I tend to save when all the npcs on the screen have just moved. And then I SR a few times to see if any of them move before I collect the egg. If they do move, I choose a different save state and repeat the process until they hopefully do not move. Unfortunately you cannot control the ones off screen since you cannot see them.

Unfortunately, no you can't get them to stop moving but you can control how they move. See, I tend to save when all the npcs on the screen have just moved. And then I SR a few times to see if any of them move before I collect the egg. If they do move, I choose a different save state and repeat the process until they hopefully do not move. Unfortunately you cannot control the ones off screen since you cannot see them.
There are off screen ones too? D:

I recently started to learn RNG abuse. How do I get better at hitting my delay? Is there a way to find out how much I missed by?
Learn how to use Pikatimer or Emloop. There are guides on the first page.

Find the Coin Flip (DPPt) or Elm Sequence (HGSS) that corresponds to your delay in RNG Reporter and examine the other sequences that come immediately before and after that one. If you observe the wrong sequence, check the list in RNG Reporter to see what delay you actually hit, and adjust accordingly for next time.

So I finally am getting the hang of RNG. Managed to make the shiny egg after trying to hit the delay all morning!

Now I'm on part 2 and I left my DS to take a break and I figure I'll ask a question in the meanwhile.

Ok, when making IVs in HGSS, I do the steps in Riski's guide until I get the seed I want and I open the adjacent seed finder. Alright. Now, do I try to land on a time that gives me exact Elm responses as I did with the shiny egg? Or is there something else I need to do?

For example, the seed I want is at frame 10 apparently. Do I just go on ignoring this and try to hit the target time and delay? Or is there some additional work?

All roamers are dead if that helps any.

That's the only part I don't seem to get in the guide. He talks about advancing to one before the frame but I don't quite get what he means by that.

"Press generate, and an initial seed should come up - note what it says under "delay" (for hg this should be around 490ish), and "seconds". Repeat this until you can consistently hit a single second and a fairly tight delay range. Once you've got your seconds and delays, we can continue"

Does anyone know what I do after this?

EDIT: In hg, does moving steps or getting off your bike change anything about the above part?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)