Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've been searching for a while in RNG Reporter's Time Finder tab. I'm searching for a 31/31/30/30/30/30 for Egg IVs with Parent A being 31/31/31/31/31/31. Is it because there is no spread for that or have I not found it?

I've been searching for a while in RNG Reporter's Time Finder tab. I'm searching for a 31/31/30/30/30/30 for Egg IVs with Parent A being 31/31/31/31/31/31. Is it because there is no spread for that or have I not found it?
There is, try switching the days/month/year around, also from my experience helps if one of the parents has a 30 - but not necerssary.

So I'm trying to find my seconds and delay for the calibration stage and I'm getting weird results.

All my seconds are always 14
and I think my delay is between 620-640 but I got 2 different results which just don't seem normal...

All my delays
638 628
634 622
630 630
636 638
630 646?(This one isn't right)
640 660? (Neither is this one)
636 626
630 640
640 625
636 634
620 624 but I also got another seed which says seconds are 2 and the
delay is 561

So I'm not sure if the delay is 620-660 but it just doesn't seem right since all my other delays don't go near the 660. Any help?

Ahh so does that mean my 620-640 was right and the 646 and 660 were just mess ups and thanks for telling me that ^^ now I don't have to find out the hard way =D

Oh... I guess I'll RNG a 30/30/30/30/30/30 ditto then.

Is the starting frame for method J sweet scenting on grass (2) the same for method K?
There are seeds for 31-all that can be applied to dittos. If you have trouble getting to different (any) delays, consider using PikaTimer.

I'm a bit confused with the Pika Timer. What goes in the Calibrated Delay, your min. Delay, or your max. Delay?

My Delay range is 489-509, so I'm not sure what would go in that spot.

I'm a bit confused with the Pika Timer. What goes in the Calibrated Delay, your min. Delay, or your max. Delay?

My Delay range is 489-509, so I'm not sure what would go in that spot.
HERE, read the "How to use the PikaTimer". I RNGed a 31-all ditto on my Diamond, delay 1080, thanks to that program. I recommend runing the timers a few times without the ds, so you can get used to how it works.

Anyone know if there are any advantages to JavaRNG to RNGReporter?
Because JavaRNG is taking forever >_>
Well, I never used Java RNG, but I use RNGreporter. If you are calculating spreads for method 1, J, K, the higher the delay/frames you input, the longer it takes. Maybe you can search some known seeds and just spread them with the appropriate method?

Well, I never used Java RNG, but I use RNGreporter. If you are calculating spreads for method 1, J, K, the higher the delay/frames you input, the longer it takes. Maybe you can search some known seeds and just spread them with the appropriate method?
As far as I can tell, they do the same thing, one just makes an Exel file, one is in a window. Im back to RNG Reporter, as it's a lot faster too :p
Im not going to try to hit huge delays (I'm only using 497 now, as it's the one I find the easiest) untill I get at the one I'm trying to get now.

I'm currently trying to get Seed 600301FB,
Adamant,
22/31/31/31/15/31
HP 70, Dragon
for a Larvitar :D

Will make for an Epic Choice Bander >:D

As far as I can tell, they do the same thing, one just makes an Exel file, one is in a window. Im back to RNG Reporter, as it's a lot faster too :p
Im not going to try to hit huge delays (I'm only using 497 now, as it's the one I find the easiest) untill I get at the one I'm trying to get now.

I'm currently trying to get Seed 600301FB,
Adamant,
22/31/31/31/15/31
HP 70, Dragon
for a Larvitar :D

Will make for an Epic Choice Bander >:D
Well, if it were me, I'd breed it 31-31-30-31-31-31, but I understand some people like them captured because it's easier and so the color of the pokeball matches their body color.

I'm working on RNG for a Wondercard. When I use JavaRNG (Pikachu25) to find seeds & spreads with Method 1, the seed I like says frame 47. PokeRNG (Wichu) gives the same seed with a frame of 44 using Method 1. Putting that seed into the main window of RNG Reporter and choose Wondercard IVs, it generates that spread on frame 46. Which is correct or is there something different I'm supposed to do for Wondercards? Btw, it's a static PID Wondercard.

Originally Posted by Fat Jats605
Anyone know if there are any advantages to JavaRNG to RNGReporter?
Because JavaRNG is taking forever >_>
My last question applies to this too. I'm not sure what each program is doing to produce different frames for the same Method. JavaRNG doesn't include Wondercard IVs, but they produce different results on Method 1 as well. I'm inclined to trust RNGReporter's results. Don't know, though.

Well, if it were me, I'd breed it 31-31-30-31-31-31, but I understand some people like them captured because it's easier and so the color of the pokeball matches their body color.
This is my first RNG, so I would need a Ditto for this, which I dont have...
and I just feel like catching it :p

is it simpler to learn how to RNG using platinum or HG?
In my opinion? Platinum.

My last question applies to this too. I'm not sure what each program is doing to produce different frames for the same Method. JavaRNG doesn't include Wondercard IVs, but they produce different results on Method 1 as well. I'm inclined to trust RNGReporter's results. Don't know, though.
If you are abusing for Wondercard IVs, use the frame indicated by RNGreporter after you spread the seed with the "wondercard IV" method. You can recycle a seed you used to abuse a wondercard and spread it as method 1, K or J, as long as you are spreading it with the right method.

Ok as suggested by mangot i will repost my question here.
i recently acquired pkm heartgold and decided to give my best to this game since its the remake of the one i most enjoyed till now, so i decided to search out and try to understand how the hell some trainers had soooo op pokemons. Then i found that they were RNG Breeders, or catchers, so i started looking for thr RNG term... and what was it... and i ended up here. I was happy i could also do it but then i got a bit confused and now i dont know where to start... i know this may sound very noobish but well.. its my first time and was wondering if i could get some tips.. where to start, what to do, how... i'm very patient and a quick learner so i will be able to end up being good at this, i just need to start learning. ^^

thx in advance.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok as suggested by mangot i will repost my question here.
i recently acquired pkm heartgold and decided to give my best to this game since its the remake of the one i most enjoyed till now, so i decided to search out and try to understand how the hell some trainers had soooo op pokemons. Then i found that they were RNG Breeders, or catchers, so i started looking for thr RNG term... and what was it... and i ended up here. I was happy i could also do it but then i got a bit confused and now i dont know where to start... i know this may sound very noobish but well.. its my first time and was wondering if i could get some tips.. where to start, what to do, how... i'm very patient and a quick learner so i will be able to end up being good at this, i just need to start learning. ^^

thx in advance.
There are guides linked on the first page of this thread.

I'm trying to deduce my seconds and delay in soul silver, but I'm having trouble with the pokemon i catch to check- the levels are too low.
where are the highest levelled wild pokemon in HGSS, so that I can have an easier time getting my information?

If you are abusing for Wondercard IVs, use the frame indicated by RNGreporter after you spread the seed with the "wondercard IV" method. You can recycle a seed you used to abuse a wondercard and spread it as method 1, K or J, as long as you are spreading it with the right method.
Excellent. Thanks for advice. Will try that one first. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to do this for the Pokewalker, too. Lousy natures...

What are you trying to hatch? - Shiny Heracross w/ Specific Nature & Ability

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? -
Delay of Seed - 634
Target Frame - 1819
Seed - 6D170284
PID - 937125A1

How did you verify your seed?
- ?

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? - The Heracross was NOT shiny and the nature and ability were both incorrect. The nature was Naive and should have been Adamant and the Ability is Swarm when it should have been Guts (Ability 1).

I cannot seem to find the root of what I am doing wrong, I have followed the exact steps as said on the Manipulation Guide. I have chosen the DPPt egg PID (International) method because my parent Ditto is US and my parent Heracross came from a European Leaf Green, I had tested on a much lower frame with the wrong nature earlier today and all results were correct. The problem I am having now is that whenever I choose to the suitable nature and ability, the results come back negative =\

I'm pretty sure that I am tapping the correct amounts as I jot down a tally for each ten taps. Can anyone help me?

Delay of Seed - 634
Target Frame - 1819
Seed - 6D170284
PID - 937125A1

- ?

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? - The Heracross was NOT shiny and the nature and ability were both incorrect. The nature was Naive and should have been Adamant and the Ability is Swarm when it should have been Guts (Ability 1).

I cannot seem to find the root of what I am doing wrong, I have followed the exact steps as said on the Manipulation Guide. I have chosen the DPPt egg PID (International) method because my parent Ditto is US and my parent Heracross came from a European Leaf Green, I had tested on a much lower frame with the wrong nature earlier today and all results were correct. The problem I am having now is that whenever I choose to the suitable nature and ability, the results come back negative =\

I'm pretty sure that I am tapping the correct amounts as I jot down a tally for each ten taps. Can anyone help me?
Which program are you using?
Do you have 6 pokemon with you as you do the taps and flips?
When you went from tapping to fliping, did you pause somewhere in between?
Are you sure you advanced the frames right? That's a very high frame you are trying to reach. Check adjacent results to see if maybe you got +/- 1, 2 frames.

Delay of Seed - 634
Target Frame - 1819
Seed - 6D170284
PID - 937125A1

- ?

Did you verify your seed? If your results are that far off, you probably got your delay wrong.
::EDIT::Ninja'd
Or what Dea said.
::EDIT2:: I just looked up that seed with that Delay, and I didn't see it. Are you sure it's right?
Then again, Im probably screwing something up :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)