Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

8D Finally... I got a seed that's similar!

This isn't the seed I was aiming, so I should probably keep going right? When do I stop? lol when I get the exact delay/seed I was initially aiming for?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
my wondercard frame is 116-0-1=115/2=57.5
should i do 57 journal flips or 58 ????
57 then wait for an NPC inside the pokemart to move once (either by turning or taking a single step without changing direction) to advance the RNG by 1 frame so 57 flips x 2 frames/ flip = 114 + 1 (for nPC movement) = 115 + 1 (for wondercard starting frame) = 116

8D Finally... I got a seed that's similar!

This isn't the seed I was aiming, so I should probably keep going right? When do I stop? lol when I get the exact delay/seed I was initially aiming for?
if your using the roamer method, keep going until the roamers are in the spot you need them to be at

Also If your sure your going to hit you seconds, you should set your second to 0, because the correct seed may also share the same rt as another seed

if your using the roamer method, keep going until the roamers are in the spot you need them to be at

Also If your sure your going to hit you seconds, you should set your second to 0, because the correct seed may also share the same rt as another seed

Thanks for the advice man! I've been able to score some really close frames by changing it to 0! 8D The last one was only off by 1 second

Sweet

I have a question about Method 1. Next to the Elm calls for each frame on the RNG reporter, it lists a time, whats that time used for? Should I pay attention to that time when I RNG abuse? I'm going for ES Dratini so I'm curious.

Oh, and when I RNG abused Ho-oh, the Elm calls worked on top of Bell tower, I did the calls while standing in front of Ho-oh. I thought it didn't work on top of the tower :/

I have a question about Method 1. Next to the Elm calls for each frame on the RNG reporter, it lists a time, whats that time used for? Should I pay attention to that time when I RNG abuse? I'm going for ES Dratini so I'm curious.

Oh, and when I RNG abused Ho-oh, the Elm calls worked on top of Bell tower, I did the calls while standing in front of Ho-oh. I thought it didn't work on top of the tower :/
just ingore that time. RNG Xtini with method 1, then seed to time
As for Ho-oh at the bell tower, calling elm/irwin worked for me, but the radio doesnt work up there

My current issue:

I've gotten to the part where I am trying to hit my seed using PikaTimer. Problem is that it seems that I am missing my calibrated second.

Some background information:
Target time: 20:06:50
Calibrated Second: 14
Targeted Second: 50
Calibrated Delay: 481-485
Wanted Delay: 639

Issue: I keep hitting 20:06:49 and having a delay of 650-700+. How can I fix this human error?
I also want to note that the date was July 22nd, 2010.

Instead of setting your DS clock to 20:05. Set it to 20:06. Every minute on the DS clock accounts for a second on the time you enter the game.

DO NOT change Pikatimer's wanted seconds. Keep it at 50.

I'm RNGing Groudon in Soulsilver. My spread is on frame 40, and I saved outside of the Embedded Tower. I read that you can advance the frame by one every time you walk in or out of the tower, so I should call Elm to verify the 38th frame, walk inside to put me on the 39th, then talk to Groudon, which will then be on the 40th.
Does this sound right?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm RNGing Groudon in Soulsilver. My spread is on frame 40, and I saved outside of the Embedded Tower. I read that you can advance the frame by one every time you walk in or out of the tower, so I should call Elm to verify the 38th frame, walk inside to put me on the 39th, then talk to Groudon, which will then be on the 40th.
Does this sound right?
bad idea, just save in front of groudon and call elm 39 times in front of groudon, besides there's a moving NPC on the route embedded tower is in which could move and screw up your frame.

Well Nexus, I hit my delay first try (before I asked the question), so I guess I'll just do this and hope it works. If it doesn't I'll just go save in front of Groudon.

Edit: I hit the spread in front of the one I wanted...The first page of the help thread lied to me apparently, because my frame didn't advance when I walked into the tower.

But if I get another call that will screw it up, right? Is there a way to delete those numbers at all, like Joey calls me every second.
You should be getting into your PokeGear to do the RNG advancements quickly enough that there should be no incoming calls at all. Incoming calls are not something anyone should have to worry about doing an RNG catch. It's when you have to wait for an egg to arrive in the daycare that incoming calls are problematic.

Like I said, get into your Pokegear app fast enough when the game starts and there is no chance of an incoming call.

i'm pretty new to RNGing. i can hatch shinies no problem, but i wanna try RNGing the IVs of hatched pokemon. i know the AR makes things easier with checking IVs, but is it worth shelling out the money for it?

i'm pretty new to RNGing. i can hatch shinies no problem, but i wanna try RNGing the IVs of hatched pokemon. i know the AR makes things easier with checking IVs, but is it worth shelling out the money for it?
You could just rng without it but it would take longer.Especially if your playing DPPt because you have to find your egg frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)