Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

If you can get an AR, than get one. They are like... $20 maybe? And a load of help.

Plus it's funny messing around on other games once you've beaten them <_<

Update on my Latios RNG: Hit the right time of 1:58:00... Except delay was a bit off. FFFFFFFFFFFF
Update 2: Target frame = 950. Frame achieved = 949. This game is just fucking with me now....

If you can get an AR, than get one. They are like... $20 maybe? And a load of help.

Plus it's funny messing around on other games once you've beaten them <_<

Update on my Latios RNG: Hit the right time of 1:58:00... Except delay was under by 15. FFFFFFFFFFFFF
My first was $15 however it broke and the one i have now cost $30.

Instead of setting your DS clock to 20:05. Set it to 20:06. Every minute on the DS clock accounts for a second on the time you enter the game.

DO NOT change Pikatimer's wanted seconds. Keep it at 50.
My DS clock is set at 20:06 everytime I attempt to hit the seed.

And yes the wanted seconds is kept at 50.

My DS clock is set at 20:06 everytime I attempt to hit the seed.

And yes the wanted seconds is kept at 50.
You're always hitting 49 seconds? Then change the calibrated second to 13 seconds and try again. As for your delays being off...in the 'other delay' box type in the last delay you hit and hit update. As long as you're being consistent you should only have to do this once, but hitting 650-700 is quite a range.

I'm currently trying to get a PID/SID of 9618/29804 and just did my first run through creating a new game. When I put the PID I got (39609) into Wild Eep's ID Finder along with the other info (7/31/2010, 3:22:xx (08), min delay 5400 max 5600) I got an error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Conversion from string "" to type 'UInteger' is not valid."

If I click continue, the program freezes.

What am I doing wrong?

is there any way to advance my frame by 1 other than the npc in the mart turning around as the npc in the shop i am in just moves back and forth

edit: im doing wondercard rng in plat

edir 2: nvm i was able to hit the frame by talkin to the green guy as soon as she moved

Ok first of all, i would go to the survival area, and catch pokemon in the grass to the right of it. No moving NPCs there. Second of all, do NOT use the instant egg code. Fast hatch is fine, but do not use instant egg. Thirdly, I would recommend using International parents as it requires a lot less tapping (I got one shiny egg where i only had to do 66 happines taps ^^)

Hope I helped and good luck! :)
Ok, i'll see what I can do.

ok i am having a issue my elm calls are not matching up to any of the results provided don't matter how wide i expand the search, so any ideas?

@Chev: Um... Make sure the date/time is right. You could catch a wild pokemon and use the seed finder and see if that gives you a result. Did you not click on all the roamers that were out? Are NPCs moving before you make the calls?

@riski

i have beaten the league now so i can get lv50s now.
i have used the red gyarados to find my SiD with this method

CBF5 1st half PiD
9568 2nd half PiD

1100101111110 101 1st half bin CBF5
1001010101101 000 2nd half bin 9568
1101111000100 110 ID bin 56870

1000000010111 000 SID 32952

i think that is right but i don't get how to calculate my delay because i i have found that it takes between 14 and 14.5 seconds from loadup to encounter. i have read the guide but still cannot grasp it properly

Ok thanks for all the help everyone has given me. I now understand RNG a lot better than I did at the start. I hit my seed 3 times last night and was able to make a successful capture of the correct frame and got my perfect IV Latias :3

Apparently PikaTimer and my DS fell out of sync throughout many attempts and I hhad to make some slight adjustments to my pikatimer. Oddly enough what I did worked:

Instead of soft resetting... I started the Soulsilver game from the DS Menu when the first timer hit 1 second.
I increased my wanted second to 51 when I kept hitting :49 seconds according to RNG Reporter.
I also increased the Seed to Times reporter to show variances +-1 second and +-99 frames which allowed me to understand where I was messing up.
NPCs in Pewter City kept pushing my frame 1 higher everytime so if my targeted frame was 71, I would make Elm/Joey calls up to frame 70 and then hit on Latias.

Again thank you everyone for the help.

NPCs in Pewter City kept pushing my frame 1 higher everytime so if my targeted frame was 71, I would make Elm/Joey calls up to frame 70 and then hit on Latias.
If it's like

E 69 random nature/IVs
P 70 random nature/IVs
K 71 YOUR SPREAD

Your last call should be verifying frame 70, so it should be a P. If you call after that and get the K for frame 71, when you actually catch Latias it will have the spread from frame 72.
Just a tip for your future RNG abuses, and good luck!

If it's like

E 69 random nature/IVs
P 70 random nature/IVs
K 71 YOUR SPREAD

Your last call should be verifying frame 70, so it should be a P. If you call after that and get the K for frame 71, when you actually catch Latias it will have the spread from frame 72.
Just a tip for your future RNG abuses, and good luck!
Really... according to Bearsfan I understood it differently but at least it makes some sense now.

Well, stopping one call before the target frame seems to work for me, and I've RNGed a good number of pokemon in SS, most of which are breeds (2 abuses, shininess and IVs). Maybe it's just a coincidence and an NPC advances it exactly one time every time, but that's just not possible...

Okay so everytime that I have been trying to RNG on SS so far, my seconds time is always off by one either to high or too low. It doesn't matter what I change the calibrated second to on the Pikatimer (trying to hit 57 seconds) I always either hit 56 or 58, and I'm usually pretty close to my wanted delay. Is there anything that I am doing wrong?

Okay so everytime that I have been trying to RNG on SS so far, my seconds time is always off by one either to high or too low. It doesn't matter what I change the calibrated second to on the Pikatimer (trying to hit 57 seconds) I always either hit 56 or 58, and I'm usually pretty close to my wanted delay. Is there anything that I am doing wrong?
Do NOT change Pikatimer's wanted seconds. Change your DS clock time by either a minute up or down, depending on where you land in your game. So if you land 2 seconds lower than your target second, for example, you set your DS clock two minutes later.

Every minute on the DS clock accounts for a second of time when you arrive in your game.

OK, so I was informed that if you have two games and their respective IDs/SIDs, you could RNG in one of them with the ID/SID of the other, transfer the egg to the other game, then hatch it, and voila! the expected pokemon would hatch. Now, I'm trying to RNG a shiny egg (absolutely nothing complicated since I don't really care about the nature/gender/anything, only shinyness). I'm doing it in my Plat cart with the HG ID/SID, then trading the egg over to HG and hatching it. Out of two tries, the pokemon not only did not hatch shiny, the nature/everything else came out wrong. The method I'm choosing is Dppt Egg PID (Int), I get the seed, generate, pick first shiny, generate poketch app, do them right (6 pokes in party), put parents in daycare, wait for egg, retrieve, trade it, then hatch it in HG.

Can you tell me what am I skipping?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK, so I was informed that if you have two games and their respective IDs/SIDs, you could RNG in one of them with the ID/SID of the other, transfer the egg to the other game, then hatch it, and voila! the expected pokemon would hatch. Now, I'm trying to RNG a shiny egg (absolutely nothing complicated since I don't really care about the nature/gender/anything, only shinyness). I'm doing it in my Plat cart with the HG ID/SID, then trading the egg over to HG and hatching it. Out of two tries, the pokemon not only did not hatch shiny, the nature/everything else came out wrong. The method I'm choosing is Dppt Egg PID (Int), I get the seed, generate, pick first shiny, generate poketch app, do them right (6 pokes in party), put parents in daycare, wait for egg, retrieve, trade it, then hatch it in HG.

Can you tell me what am I skipping?
there's your problem, when your breeding an egg to hatch it shiny in another game, do not use the international option.

Did you hatch it on DPPt first to check the nature? If you saved the game with the egg in DPPt, there's no reason not to hatch it there to check and then do a soft reset.

Edit: Nexus, why would the international option make a difference?

@riski

i have beaten the league now so i can get lv50s now.
i have used the red gyarados to find my SiD with this method

CBF5 1st half PiD
9568 2nd half PiD

1100101111110 101 1st half bin CBF5
1001010101101 000 2nd half bin 9568
1101111000100 110 ID bin 56870

1000000010111 000 SID 32952

i think that is right but i don't get how to calculate my delay because i i have found that it takes between 14 and 14.5 seconds from loadup to encounter. i have read the guide but still cannot grasp it properly
Hi. Just use 15 seconds for now and then you can always adjust your DS starting minute to compensate when you do an RNG and find that you are landing a second too late or too early in the game. One minute of the DS start time accounts for one second getting into the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)