Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hatching for an IV'd Egg on SoulSilver.
I have the dudes in the daycare, with the needed IVs for the spread. Now I'm soft-resetting. To check my seed each time, I was wondering if the Elm method would still work, even with the Egg frame advancement. If so, should I start reading the responses from the fourth on the list? Or will it not work or will they start from a different spot?

Hatching for an IV'd Egg on SoulSilver.
I have the dudes in the daycare, with the needed IVs for the spread. Now I'm soft-resetting. To check my seed each time, I was wondering if the Elm method would still work, even with the Egg frame advancement. If so, should I start reading the responses from the fourth on the list? Or will it not work or will they start from a different spot?
Just checking, but do you already have an egg to get IVs on? Or are you still trying to get the right nature and ability egg?

I need help...So i have my shiny egg with the daycare man already set...I have found a seed and the appropriate delay yada yada. However I am using a stop watch. So I do everything im supposed to and it seems like im hitting continue with the correct seconds but when I go to check elm there are no results found...what do i need to do

I need help...So i have my shiny egg with the daycare man already set...I have found a seed and the appropriate delay yada yada. However I am using a stop watch. So I do everything im supposed to and it seems like im hitting continue with the correct seconds but when I go to check elm there are no results found...what do i need to do
What do you have your adjacent delays set to and your adjacent seconds? You may not have a wide enough range to find where you landed.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just want to be 100% sure since I'm helping someone out with this, what's the Enigma Lati@s' monster frame?
it's one but as soon as you have finished your frame advancements you have to interact with it or else the NPCs in pewter city will mess it up.

i have a question so im doing rng...how do i know how off i am: the seed i hit was 630D01F3
the seed i wanted was:640D01F8
Which game are you playing. If DPPt right click your wanted seed and left click generate adjacent result. Set how far the range will be and it will list seeds that are near your target.For HG/SS do the same thing but do it with the Seed to Time. Riski's guide is really helpful so take a look at it.

ok actually i found out i was at 13 seconds instead of 14 seconds and 500 instead of 494 so if my seconds are wrong i need to find a new seed right?

No you do not need a new seed. You put your DS minutes to one minute later than you were using on the last try and you try again.

I'm soft resetting for egg IVs in Platinum. If I decide to do it more, will I have to calibrate for the frame every time I try for egg IVs?

I'm soft resetting for egg IVs in Platinum. If I decide to do it more, will I have to calibrate for the frame every time I try for egg IVs?
Every time you save in front of the Daycare man while he holds an egg, you have to calibrate the starting frame all over again.

Go to the Simple Requests thread and ask for helping finding your SID. It'll be done with an AR.
That would be nice.. I should put in a request too.

Btw... don't you hate it when Pikatimer is faster than your DS' internal clock? Really messes up the timing.

That would be nice.. I should put in a request too.

Btw... don't you hate it when Pikatimer is faster than your DS' internal clock? Really messes up the timing.
How is this possible? I dont use pikatimer anymore(Too complicated for me). Are you saying that your pikatimer moves faster than an ordinary clock or your ds is timer is naturally slower?

How is this possible? I dont use pikatimer anymore(Too complicated for me). Are you saying that your pikatimer moves faster than an ordinary clock or your ds is timer is naturally slower?
Mine is usually 11 seconds off so I use it to make a timer than stick it into Emloop. Takes time but it works.

DS Clock is naturally slower (or pikatimer is naturally faster) UNLESS I run some programs in the background on my computer then they sorta sync up.

I just RNG'd a 31/30/31/31/30/31 Female Bold Feebas while Warcraft III was running in the background (it made my PikaTimer sync with my DS Time lol)

And I think what I said earlier about the international parents messing things up is true.

If you have parents from the same game, just enter your ID into the box and you should get seeds relevant to your game. However if you have an international parent like Syberia's ditto, you must clear out the ID box otherwise it will mess up your seeds when RNG'ng for the Gender/Nature/Ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)