Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Im trying to rng a wild shiny ditto, Im saved on route 35 on my bike on HG. Ive hit my seed and delay three times already and advanced the frame but the wrong pokemon appears. Im using method K Is that right?

Thanks
Method K is correct. Did you check the encounter slot?

I'm searching for spreads with PokeRNG, and I can't find the hidden power type I want. When it asks for hidden power type, I type in 'fighting' as the command and then later when it searches it says "Searching Timid HP ANY ..."

What should I input into the box? I also tried 'fight'.

I am on route 210 (north), there are no roaming pokemon released at the moment. There is one NPC who is moving, should I make the journal come up automatically and advance the frame blind then check the seed to reduce the impact of him or is there another way?

EDIT: Thanks I'll try that.
Just do what most people do - enter the game, and flip the coin. However, RIGHT after you tap the coin, hit your "X" button to bring up the menu. The game will be paused at the menu like it always is, but the coin will keep flipping.

Usually you can get 3-5 flips in before the game's been running too long for the NPC to not move, but if you're confident in hitting your seed, look in the adjacent delays +8/-8 and see if the first 3-5 flips are too similar that you wouldn't, or would, be able to confirm.

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the double post -.- My bad, I didn't mean to.

@ ticcyboy

1 we need the seed
2 what encounter slot were you aiming for
3 how many frame before your target frame did you ss
4 how many advancement you did
5 what pokemon appeared

Ifly
Are you using pokerng or pokerngdp? I know pokerng had this problem not pokerngdp( but this only for dppt and hgss)

Just do what most people do - enter the game, and flip the coin. However, RIGHT after you tap the coin, hit your "X" button to bring up the menu. The game will be paused at the menu like it always is, but the coin will keep flipping.

Usually you can get 3-5 flips in before the game's been running too long for the NPC to not move, but if you're confident in hitting your seed, look in the adjacent delays +8/-8 and see if the first 3-5 flips are too similar that you wouldn't, or would, be able to confirm.

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the double post -.- My bad, I didn't mean to.
That's actually a cool idea, I have been doing the advance first check seed later method. If it's a high frame I definitely like the sound of this little workaround :naughty:

@Xav
There is grass next to the wandering NPC on Rt 210 N, I assume you are standing right next to him? Also, if he is giving you any trouble keep saving your game until there is enough time between your save and his next movement to do what you need to do. Sometimes you can buy yourself a whole second or so if you save at the right moment.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okk

1. Heres The Seed 0a01082e
3. Not sure what you mean
4.I did 33 because my Target was 34
5.Hoothoot

Thanks
You advanced too far. When you sweet scent, it usually advances it by 2. That means that you need to do 31 advancements, you'l be on frame 32. SS does 2 more and you're on 34.

Okk

1. Heres The Seed 0a01082e
3. Not sure what you mean
4.I did 33 because my Target was 34
5.Hoothoot

Thanks
I can guess that you are landimg on frame 35

Why?
When you sweet scent the frame advance either 2 or 1(on certain games)

So advance you frame 32 times then use sweet scent

Also do you have a sync pokemon if so what nature?

Edit ninja
But toast 34-2=32advancement

Attention anyone RNGing Wonder Cards!

I've written a program to help with abusing for WCs. It's similar to the Seed Finder in RNG Reporter in that you input the Pokémon's stats and the rough date/time/delay you're aiming for, and it gives you the exact IVs, seconds, frame and delay. However, it's specifically designed for WC abuse, so it has these advantages over RNG Reporter:
  • RNG Reporter uses the nature (and therefore PID) of the Pokémon to find its seed; this doesn't work for Wonder Cards as they have no correlation between PID and IVs. WC Helper only uses the nature to calculate IVs.
  • WC Helper works for even low-level Pokémon, so you don't need to use Rare Candies. For example, if you're reasonably confident in your seconds/delay/frame, it will give you the exact IVs of the recent level 5 Jirachi event (to put it into context, an ordinary IV calculator can only tell you whether the IVs are 0-19 or 20-31).
  • RNG Reporter's Seed Finder doesn't work for very high frame numbers; WC Helper allows you to input the frame you're aiming for, and adjusts accordingly.
  • WC Helper allows you to customise the accuracy settings. Say you're confident you can get within 1 second of the target time, but you're not too sure about the delay - simply adjust the seconds/delay accuracies to suit you.
  • WC Helper calculates the target seed and IVs automatically, so you'll be able to tell if you entered the wrong details (huh? I'm not trying to get 31/7/20/7/31/31. Whoops, I was aiming for one minute later than I should have been).

Here's the download link. You'll also need the Qt runtime files, which can be downloaded here (just place them in the same folder as the .exe). Any future programs I make (such as the inevitable remake of PokéRNG) will most likely use these too.

To use it, get a target time/delay/frame using PokéRNG and RNG Reporter, stick them in the program, and reset away. Each time you reset and fail, enter the Pokémon's stats into the program, and click 'Find Spreads'; this will display a list of possible spreads you may have hit, along with their seconds/frame/delay. You can then use this information to adjust your procedure, and try again until you get the Pokémon :)

The Accuracy boxes are simply the margin of error it allows from your target - for example, if your target delay is 638, putting 20 in the delay accuracy box will make it search delays from 618 to 658. A higher value in the box (i.e. lower accuracy) will make it more likely that it finds the spread you hit if you're not too accurate, but also causes it to display more spreads (making it difficult to identify which one you actually hit). A smaller value in the box (i.e. greater accuracy) will mean it won't find the spread you hit if it's far off the target, but also makes it much easier to single out the one you did hit from the possibilities (if you're good and/or resetting a higher level Pokémon, you'll often get a single possibility).

Finally, you can actually use this for non-WC resets too (such as RNGing your starter, or just catching wild Pokémon). However, as it doesn't take into account PID, it may give you a spread that's impossible in-game; also, the frame of the spread will be 2 higher than the frame you actually hit for method 1, or an arbitrary amount higher for methods J/K (so you can't really use it for finding the frame of a wild Pokémon; it still works for delay and seconds though).

Hi, can someone help me find two seeds? I need a Modest HP Fighting 70 seed and a Timid HP Grass one please, preferably with mid-to-low frames. And with Encounter Slots 6 and 7. I will give copies of the pokemon I'm trying to RNG for this if you help xD please! :/ :)

Hi, can someone help me find two seeds? I need a Modest HP Fighting 70 seed and a Timid HP Grass one please, preferably with mid-to-low frames. And with Encounter Slots 6 and 7. I will give copies of the pokemon I'm trying to RNG for this if you help xD please! :/ :)
Trophy garden Eevees? I actually did that Modest one, so let me dig up what seed I used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)