Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You're not hitting your delay. Just getting your seconds right does not guarantee you of the pokemon. Getting the delay right and the frame right is required as well :)

1 second = 60 delay

You're not hitting your delay. Just getting your seconds right does not guarantee you of the pokemon. Getting the delay right and the frame right is required as well :)

1 second = 60 delay
so, what you're telling me is that if I have 12 seconds for example, that I need to wait for 12 seconds befor I pick up the egg? (on the journal) and i'm doing this in platinum. just thought it might be helpful.

No...to RNG you have to hit your target time, delay, and frame to get what you want...lol. How did you do it the first time in comparison to the second? It feels like you're forgetting some steps or don't have a full grasp on the terminology.

This isn't really an RNG question sort of. Is it worth it to RNG more than 3 Entei, I have one for the Band, one for Life Orb and I was thinking of doing one for CM despite the - nature.

Is it worth it to do any more?

@ Zoap, with CB and Life Orb, you can just switch the items(EVs if you need to). And since you seem to be doing the Adamant event entei, it would be pointless to do a CM set, it was the lesser set even with a beneficial nature.

I have a question about Heart Gold again. What is the deal with a perfect timid spread? Ive searched 9999 delay and up to 99999 method k frame and nothing. Even though im letting the attack iv go as low as 0. Has anyone here RNGd for Kyorge or anything else that wants a timid nature?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have a question about Heart Gold again. What is the deal with a perfect timid spread? Ive searched 9999 delay and up to 99999 method k frame and nothing. Even though im letting the attack iv go as low as 0. Has anyone here RNGd for Kyorge or anything else that wants a timid nature?
Seed D2140289
Frame 114
Delay 638 (2011)

I'm guessing there's something you're overlooking, but there's the info.

@ToastPlusOne Im such a dunce I went after a Latias with that seed a few days ago! The problem was that I set the max Method one frame to 100, because im searching method k and I thought it wouldnt matter. I found it now thanks for helping me out :)

Ok I want to RNG latios (roaming), I think I know the steps but I will ask the smart RNGers from here to make sure I'm right. ^^
So do I use "method 1", save a step before the Elite4 champ.(is latios supposed to be KOed or roaming around in this part?), hit the seed, then stop advancing my frame until I get at 1 frame before my wanted frame, make 1 step and defeat champion, and lastly encounter latios and It will be shiny?
So, can anyone please tell me if I'm right?

Ok I want to RNG latios (roaming), I think I know the steps but I will ask the smart RNGers from here to make sure I'm right. ^^
So do I use "method 1", save a step before the Elite4 champ.(is latios supposed to be KOed or roaming around in this part?), hit the seed, then stop advancing my frame until I get at 1 frame before my wanted frame, make 1 step and defeat champion, and lastly encounter latios and It will be shiny?
It will be method 1, yes.
You will need your other roamers, as you won't be able to use Elm to verify your seed.
You will also need the radio to advance the frames. I forget which station advances by one that doesn't have Buena's Password.
But the top right one advances by 13-14.

And yes Latias will be -1.

Here first: http://www.youtube.com/user/kazowar?blend=1&ob=4#p/c/319C48D6DC5A6124

I should've done that first when I was learning instead of bugging Dave, XD. I ultimately used the videos as a step by step guide anyways with the knowledge I garnered before, ahaha. Kazo's a good teacher too :)
I told you it was fine to bug me!

Looking for an emulator abuse tutor, PM/VM me! =)
As I told Bakus, you can VM me if you have any questions.
But use the youtube guide, and whatever you don't get. Ask me and I'll do my best to answer any question you might have.

Today I'll attempt ID/SID abuse on a platimun in my AK, and I have some questions on things that the guide didn't make very clear:
The sid and id are generated in when thr prof. stops speaking and the character becomes mini, right? So going "new game" on the main screen won't make the delay stop running?

Today I'll attempt ID/SID abuse on a platimun in my AK, and I have some questions on things that the guide didn't make very clear:
The sid and id are generated in when thr prof. stops speaking and the character becomes mini, right? So going "new game" on the main screen won't make the delay stop running?
No. The ID/SID is generated when you exit the TV show.

in platinum, the seed is chosen when the red gyarados' tv service ends (sorry for the bad english).

I have two questions:

1- do anybody know how to predict wich pokemon will come out at a certain frame in the safari zone?

2- if I want to RNG latios when steven comes to tell you that it is roaming in kanto, what I have to do is to exit from the door of the pokemon club at the right frame? and does the running bayleef advance it?

thanks.

edit: me too asd.

And how does the seconds work? I have to do a trial run to see how long does it takes for me to get to the final red gyarados broadcast, or it's the seconds that take to get to the "new game" screen?

You could use NPC advances, though it will be practically impossible to hit a high frame without save states.
NPC advances? I basically save stated in front of the machine in Elm's Lab, with my delay hit, but I need to hit a frame of 61. And while looking at the memory, nothing seems to change.

No. The ID/SID is generated when you exit the TV show.
Does anyone have a screenshot of when that is? There is the "upper view" of rowa's lab and a quote by him, then the screen changes to the bedroom and the tv person says 2 or 3 "segments". The id and sid are generated when i press A on the very last segment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)