Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thank you so much ToastPlusOne for your help. I just hit my ID of 00003 :D
Now do I have to save by Rowan's bag and get the starter or save by the bag and try to hit the Delay?
You'll need to hit another seed to RNG for your starter. Since I've never done that particular RNG, I can't tell you much about frame advancement.

Ok thanks ToastPlusOne. I have another question, if I want to RNG the togepi egg from Mr Pokemon, will the IVs and nature be generated when I get it from him as a mystery egg? Or from Elm's assistant in Violet City?
You would need to RNG it when you pick it up from the assistant.

You'll need to hit another seed to RNG for your starter. Since I've never done that particular RNG, I can't tell you much about frame advancement.

You would need to RNG it when you pick it up from the assistant.
Thanks again, guess I hit it outside Mr Pokemon's house for nothing xP

When I attempt to catch Ho-oh my PokeRNG shows 2 method K options, Do I use the K (synch) or K (no synch) as my desired frame?

anyone please help i wan't to rng entei and latios, do somebody knows if there's an instruction on how to use the radio seed? or can somebody help me to rng the said pokemon above? thanks

I was finding seeds using PokeRNG, and found this.

PID: A4E886DF (Adamant, ability 1), IVs: 31/15/31/31/31/31, seed: 8E0106CA, delay: 1727 (year: 2011), method 1: 36, K (synch): None, K (no synch): None, HP: Dark 70

It says Method K sync and no sync none, but when I put the see in RNG reporter, and fill in the details, I have a variety of Method K frames with that spread and PID.
Is something wrong here?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
adamant with Atk being 15?

9C040602
try that one

===

C20B0AF4 is another adamant 31/31/31/17/31/31 ability 1.
0C0E02C2 is another adamant 31/31/31/17/31/31 ability 0.

enjoy

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Will Manaphy's nature be random when you RNG abuse it? I know I have to use method 1, but if I advance to my wanted frame, would it have that Nature?

Messing around with the starters (in my case, Piplup), I've found they are Method 1, and I've been able to get frame 1 spreads on them.

There are NPCs on the route (most notably the rival), which can both mess you up and advance the RNG to your goal frame.

Buckert:This is what I could find about the DPPt starters, some people have guessed that there starting frames are like HG/SS but I'm more inclined to believe Wild Eep in this case in that you can use any frame spread.

Oh there's an easier way to do the Red Gyarados? What way did you do it?
First you should find your SID(you can do this by catching the Red Gyarados 5-6 times) then use the chained shinies method that Winters mentioned.

I am trying to abuse Latias at the elite four.
I'm saved in Lance's room, one step before the auto-walk.
I'm using the RadioSeed program, and I have it all set up with all my seed stuff.
Since the seed I'm using is in the 8th hour, after I start the game I need to wait until the 9th hour for the Pokemon Search Party to come on. When I do, I put in the results into RadioSeed, and keep getting no results. What could I be doing wrong?
I had problems with one of the programs(I want to say it was search party) in that no matter what delay I hit it never gave me any results. I switched times to the other program(Serial Radio Drama) and had no problems.

Is there a way to verify your frame beyond the initial elm calls? For example trying to hit a frame of 1000, advanced it 800-900 times but are unsure the exact frames you've currently advanced?
You can also use RadioSeed to do the grunt work for you, you simply type in the necessary info(date,seed,time) and select track frame and search using the string method that was mentioned earlier. This way you don't have to scroll through RNG Reporter searching for your string yourself.

anyone please help i wan't to rng entei and latios, do somebody knows if there's an instruction on how to use the radio seed? or can somebody help me to rng the said pokemon above? thanks
As mentioned above you should stick to Serial Radio Drama, as Search Party doesn't seem to give accurate results(in my case). Basically since both programs only advance one frame(like Elm) they have set outputs(something like 12 different responses). You have to first select which program your listening to(SRD) then enter the date, time and seed you are using. The program generates the list of what the responses will be and you can then use the track frame feature to verify/track what frame your on.

Buckert:This is what I could find about the DPPt starters, some people have guessed that there starting frames are like HG/SS but I'm more inclined to believe Wild Eep in this case in that you can use any frame spread.

First you should find your SID(you can do this by catching the Red Gyarados 5-6 times) then use the chained shinies method that Winters mentioned.

I had problems with one of the programs(I want to say it was search party) in that no matter what delay I hit it never gave me any results. I switched times to the other program(Serial Radio Drama) and had no problems.

You can also use RadioSeed to do the grunt work for you, you simply type in the necessary info(date,seed,time) and select track frame and search using the string method that was mentioned earlier. This way you don't have to scroll through RNG Reporter searching for your string yourself.

As mentioned above you should stick to Serial Radio Drama, as Search Party doesn't seem to give accurate results(in my case). Basically since both programs only advance one frame(like Elm) they have set outputs(something like 12 different responses). You have to first select which program your listening to(SRD) then enter the date, time and seed you are using. The program generates the list of what the responses will be and you can then use the track frame feature to verify/track what frame your on.
THank you for the response, however, what if my seed I'm using doesn't occur during serial radio drama?

Can someone explain to me how to find a shiny egg seed for HG on RNG Reporter 8.31? I'm not exactly sure where to even begin.

Can someone explain to me how to find a shiny egg seed for HG on RNG Reporter 8.31? I'm not exactly sure where to even begin.
Finally a question I can help with! :D

Click the time finder tab. A 4th Generation Time Finder window should pop-up. Now, go to the shiny egg tab and check the HGSS Shiny egg box (and international box if using international parents). Input all details such as nature, gender ratio, ability and gender you want. You also need your ID and SID (very important that they are correct), and calibrated delay. Any date is usable if it yields a seed.

Hope I helped :)

Finally a question I can help with! :D

Click the time finder tab. A 4th Generation Time Finder window should pop-up. Now, go to the shiny egg tab and check the HGSS Shiny egg box (and international box if using international parents). Input all details such as nature, gender ratio, ability and gender you want. You also need your ID and SID (very important that they are correct), and calibrated delay. Any date is usable if it yields a seed.

Hope I helped :)
Helped immensely. Thank you. I just couldn't even find the tabs. I was watching bearfan's vids and I was like where did he get those!

Looking at the ARM9 memory for desmume the NPCs advance the frame at a rapid rate for Plat starters. I don't know how it's possible to keep track of it on a cart.

My target frame is 114 but it jumps between 113 and 115, pretty much impossible for me to hit 114 (I'm pausing as quick as I can). I'm gonna take a guess and say you probably need to resave/restart for directions of NPCs, or something. I'll edit again if I have any success. Trying to RNG a Turtwig for a test.

Edit: And yeah, Wild Eep is right, they're all monster 1 frames. Trying to hit your target frame is the issue, though. HG/SS was one thing, Plat is a whole new issue. Especially when the frame advances at a fast rate, if you ever want a shot at RNGing a starter you need a high method 1 frame. Even so, like I said, tracking the frame advancements is impossible on a cart.

Edit 2: ...it's like it doesn't want me to hit my target frame. Stupid seed/NPCs -_-

Looking at the ARM9 memory for desmume the NPCs advance the frame at a rapid rate for Plat starters. I don't know how it's possible to keep track of it on a cart.

My target frame is 114 but it jumps between 113 and 115, pretty much impossible for me to hit 114 (I'm pausing as quick as I can). I'm gonna take a guess and say you probably need to resave/restart for directions of NPCs, or something. I'll edit again if I have any success. Trying to RNG a Turtwig for a test.

Edit: And yeah, Wild Eep is right, they're all monster 1 frames. Trying to hit your target frame is the issue, though. HG/SS was one thing, Plat is a whole new issue. Especially when the frame advances at a fast rate, if you ever want a shot at RNGing a starter you need a high method 1 frame. Even so, like I said, tracking the frame advancements is impossible on a cart.

Edit 2: ...it's like it doesn't want me to hit my target frame. Stupid seed/NPCs -_-
I've found that sometimes, your seed and how the NPC's advance the frame due to hitting that seed. Some of the frames are unable to hit. No matter how slow you make the emulator go, they advance the frame twice rather than just once. It's quite annoying.

I see no possible way to do it on a cart effectively.

Yeah I'm slowly starting to realize that with this seed (hex flawless timid). Unfortunately it just jumps past 114, and haha yeah I tried slowing down the emu, it just speeds up (lolwut).

...ugh. Perhaps another seed then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)