Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Does C-Gear abuse work on 3DS? And, there's a guide (English if possible) that explain it in SIMPLE words?
Yes c-gear RNGing works on any type of DS.

Try watching bearsfan's video or some other c-gear RNGing videos and note that in Repoter 9.81 frame 1 is your starting frame for c-gear seeds not frame 3 like most older videos/guides say.

P.S. Your question belongs in the 5th gen thread.

I wish this guy in the videos would speak with more energy, clarity, and enthusiasm. He makes himself rather difficult to follow.
What you should be seeing in the videos is that you can use save state reloading to get very close to your target delay then hit your target delay with a little luck/varying your timing.
For example, let's say your target delay is 2500. You should reset the game (Ctrl+R) and head to the menu screen right before you enter the game. Then wait there for a few seconds and make a save state to slot 1. Load the save state from slot 1 (F1) and mash A to enter the game then use the memory (or a RAM Watch) to find what delay you hit. Let's say you find that you hit 1638. That's still way off from 2500 so reload the save state in slot 1 (F1) and wait a few more seconds then make another save state in slot 3. Load the save state from slot 3 (F3) and mash A to enter the game. Check what delay you hit (from memory). Let's say the second time you hit 2380. That's close to 2500 but still not close enough. Generally you want to get a save state that's within 0-20 delays of your target before you start actually making an effort to hit your target delay.

Basically you keep making save states until you have one that's really close to your target delay then you can start setting the clock a few seconds before you target second and try to load the save state at the right time so you can hit your target delay and target second.
From there you can also use the memory and Kazo's help tool to keep track of what frame you're on.

I hit my seed but I may have screwed up. I am at the necessary frame of 87. :( I am one step away from the grass with no sweet scenter (although I may be able to teach it to a pokemon if it doesn't advance the frame). So the questions are: 1) Am I screwed? 2) If so, what frame should I advance to through elm calls, in order to capture this pokemon? (based on either sweet scent or walking). 3) I noticed that it says encounter slot of 7 what does this entail/require/mean and does it affect me in any way? 4) I am still curious, why has my starting frame consistently been 2?
Does anyone have these answers?

Weird problem-
I am abusing my ID/SID in SoulSilver. I have done this twice before, in HeartGold and Diamond. For some reason, when I plug my TID I get into Pandora's Box, I keep getting seemingly random results. The seconds range anywhere from 2-6 seconds off, and the delay is about 50-200 off. I am pretty experienced in 4th gen RNG so I know how to hit delays and everything. The really weird thing is, when I abused my ID in HeartGold and Diamond, this same exact thing happened to me. Yet it usually worked when I just picked a different ID to abuse for. I've done that this time, but still nowhere near getting it. What could the issue be? If more information is needed, I can provide it.
mew page for the third time. please guys, I really need help on this!

What you should be seeing in the videos is that you can use save state reloading to get very close to your target delay then hit your target delay with a little luck/varying your timing.
For example, let's say your target delay is 2500. You should reset the game (Ctrl+R) and head to the menu screen right before you enter the game. Then wait there for a few seconds and make a save state to slot 1. Load the save state from slot 1 (F1) and mash A to enter the game then use the memory (or a RAM Watch) to find what delay you hit. Let's say you find that you hit 1638. That's still way off from 2500 so reload the save state in slot 1 (F1) and wait a few more seconds then make another save state in slot 3. Load the save state from slot 3 (F3) and mash A to enter the game. Check what delay you hit (from memory). Let's say the second time you hit 2380. That's close to 2500 but still not close enough. Generally you want to get a save state that's within 0-20 delays of your target before you start actually making an effort to hit your target delay.

Basically you keep making save states until you have one that's really close to your target delay then you can start setting the clock a few seconds before you target second and try to load the save state at the right time so you can hit your target delay and target second.
From there you can also use the memory and Kazo's help tool to keep track of what frame you're on.
Thanks so much for this. And this is operating from the assumption that my save file is where I'm near the stationary legend, correct?

Also, will I still need to use the radio to advance the frame, or can I do that by walking in and then back out of the tower? I hate having to mess with the radio because of having to compensate for stupid Buena's Password, then I have to traverse the tower all over again (should be pretty obvious which one I'm going for).

Also, after I hit my seed and engage Ho-oh in battle, would I be able to savestate in battle so that I can reload it, and he'll still have my desired spread? Or will the seed be different then?

Before I give you a huge hug of thanks, I would like to know exactly what I'm supposed to do once I open the "view memory" and jump to the address of my seed. Do I close it, then start my game, and then just start advancing the frame?
Just keep the memory view open, as the location before the initial seeding is your frame.
Get a program PokeRNG Helper.
Type in your seed and frame in hex (shown my Memory Viewer), it will tell you what frame you're on if you don't know already.
It will also tell you a frame's hex value in that seed.

Each game has a different location, and with each language there is a different location. PokeRNG Helper has DPPt HGSS English memory locations. I have a few of the Asian locations.

Thanks so much for this. And this is operating from the assumption that my save file is where I'm near the stationary legend, correct?

Also, will I still need to use the radio to advance the frame, or can I do that by walking in and then back out of the tower? I hate having to mess with the radio because of having to compensate for stupid Buena's Password, then I have to traverse the tower all over again (should be pretty obvious which one I'm going for).

Also, after I hit my seed and engage Ho-oh in battle, would I be able to savestate in battle so that I can reload it, and he'll still have my desired spread? Or will the seed be different then?
IIRC you can call Elm from the top?
If not, do all the calls 1 step from going up the ladder to Ho-oh.
He will have the same spread.

I hit my seed but I may have screwed up. I am at the necessary frame of 87. :( I am one step away from the grass with no sweet scenter (although I may be able to teach it to a pokemon if it doesn't advance the frame). So the questions are: 1) Am I screwed? 2) If so, what frame should I advance to through elm calls, in order to capture this pokemon? (based on either sweet scent or walking). 3) I noticed that it says encounter slot of 7 what does this entail/require/mean and does it affect me in any way? 4) I am still curious, why has my starting frame consistently been 2?
Necessary frame? You mean wanted frame, correct?

You need Sweet Scent, and to be saved in the grass. As if you walk, that's advancing the frame and you may not even encounter a Pokemon. So best to start all over and try again.

No teaching it doesn't advance the frame, but there is no point since you have to advance the frame from walking.

1) Technically, yes. You're screwed on this attempt.
2) If you're wanting frame 87, advance to frame 86 sweet scent. Sometimes Sweet Scent advance by 1 or 2. Once it decides it will always be 1 or 2. So if you sweet scent and it turns out to be 1, it will always advance by 1 frame.
3) Encounter Slots will tell you which Pokemon you are going to find with that spread. So go under 4th gen tools, find the game you are using's encounter slots. Find the area, find number 7. That will be the Pokemon that will always be with that spread in that area.
4) Roamers or Non Playing Characters (NPCs) advance the frame so that the starting frame is shifted. So it could be either or.

How do you confirm your seed and advance frames in Lugia's Cave? I can't use the phone.
Confirm and advance 1 step outside of Lugia's chamber.
You know, 1 step before entering.
You will have to do a calibration phase to see how many frames advance between that 1 step and encountering Lugia.

IIRC you can call Elm from the top?
If not, do all the calls 1 step from going up the ladder to Ho-oh.
He will have the same spread.
Sweet!

One last question, will an Elm call advance the frame by 1 regardless of whether or not you've been to Kanto or had a mon with Pokerus shown to the nurse? Because I can't go to Kanto until Ho-oh is caught or KO'ed.

Sweet!

One last question, will an Elm call advance the frame by 1 regardless of whether or not you've been to Kanto or had a mon with Pokerus shown to the nurse? Because I can't go to Kanto until Ho-oh is caught or KO'ed.
If he doesn't for some odd reason, then juggler Iriwin also advances by 1.

Necessary frame? You mean wanted frame, correct?

You need Sweet Scent, and to be saved in the grass. As if you walk, that's advancing the frame and you may not even encounter a Pokemon. So best to start all over and try again.

No teaching it doesn't advance the frame, but there is no point since you have to advance the frame from walking.

1) Technically, yes. You're screwed on this attempt.
2) If you're wanting frame 87, advance to frame 86 sweet scent. Sometimes Sweet Scent advance by 1 or 2. Once it decides it will always be 1 or 2. So if you sweet scent and it turns out to be 1, it will always advance by 1 frame.
3) Encounter Slots will tell you which Pokemon you are going to find with that spread. So go under 4th gen tools, find the game you are using's encounter slots. Find the area, find number 7. That will be the Pokemon that will always be with that spread in that area.
4) Roamers or Non Playing Characters (NPCs) advance the frame so that the starting frame is shifted. So it could be either or.
Thank you very much for the response.

Sweet!

If this is Heartgold you can K.O. Ho-oh and he will come back to life in the same spot after you beat the elite four.

Actually one more question. If encounter slot 7 means I will encounter whatever pokemon is slot 7, what if there is not slot 7 pokemon? For instance if I fish it only has encounter slots 0-4 so do i just hook the 4th? or get just a nibble? Same for grass or a cave. Just out of curiousity for future reference.

Sweet!

Actually one more question. If encounter slot 7 means I will encounter whatever pokemon is slot 7, what if there is not slot 7 pokemon? For instance if I fish it only has encounter slots 0-4 so do i just hook the 4th? or get just a nibble? Same for grass or a cave. Just out of curiousity for future reference.
Encounter slot 7 is for wild Pokes in cave/grass.

Fishing is quite different, you have to do math for the encounter slots. If you'd like me to list the formula, either post asking or VM me.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When I try to do a wild catches on emerald,the frame ever jumped by 20/30 every time I use the button ''next frame''
why?
Method H

There's actually a wild pokemon method, just like Method K. You have to deal with vblanks too. Read the latest posts in the research thread for more information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)