Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
It should be set for Platinum as there is where you're receiving the egg from the delivery man. I usually set the +/- values to 10 for delay and 0 for seconds but that's only because I feel I can do it. 50 for delay sounds reasonable but for seconds I would just leave it at 0.

It should be set for Platinum as there is where you're receiving the egg from the delivery man. I usually set the +/- values to 10 for delay and 0 for seconds but that's only because I feel I can do it. 50 for delay sounds reasonable but for seconds I would just leave it at 0.
If I may, a little more clarification:

1. How do you get/decide a value for the Seconds box (with the checkbox next to Year, not the one next to Delay/Frame) in the Seed to Times window? Should I have checked it off before clicking Generate?

2. I've entered 50 for the +/- Delay boxes in the Seed to Times window, and 0/1 for the -/+ boxes for Seconds/Frame; I'm still not exactly clear on what these values represent. Does it have anything to do with EonTimer?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
If I may, a little more clarification:

1. How do you get/decide a value for the Seconds box (with the checkbox next to Year, not the one next to Delay/Frame) in the Seed to Times window? Should I have checked it off before clicking Generate?

2. I've entered 50 for the +/- Delay boxes in the Seed to Times window, and 0/1 for the -/+ boxes for Seconds/Frame; I'm still not exactly clear on what these values represent. Does it have anything to do with EonTimer?
Checking that seconds box is only to filter the seeds generated for an specific second. You can check it if you want, or not, it won't change anything whatsoever.

The +/- is to represent a range of seeds found around the seed you're trying to hit. If you miss your seed and try to look for the seed you actually hit the reporter will only look into this range. You might think this is a great idea, however, because the same sequence of calls / flips can happen at various times, you might end up with a false positive.

Checking that seconds box is only to filter the seeds generated for an specific second. You can check it if you want, or not, it won't change anything whatsoever.

The +/- is to represent a range of seeds found around the seed you're trying to hit. If you miss your seed and try to look for the seed you actually hit the reporter will only look into this range. You might think this is a great idea, however, because the same sequence of calls / flips can happen at various times, you might end up with a false positive.
Ok, so if I' don't search for a particular second, what should go into the Target Sec. box in EonTimer? Should I leave it blank or leave it at 50 (default)? And for the Delays +/-, leave them as 50 or 10?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Ok, so if I' don't search for a particular second, what should go into the Target Sec. box in EonTimer? Should I leave it blank or leave it at 50 (default)? And for the Delays +/-, leave them as 50 or 10?
You're gonna write the second target on your seed. Let's say you need to hit the time 23:26:29, 29 would then go in the Target sec box in Eontimer...depending on the seed you choose, the target second will change. Leave the delay at 50 for now

What is the starting frames for the Kanto starters? All frame one or are they similar to the Johto ones? It doesn't really specify in the guide.

Is it always Grass starter, Water Starter, and Fire Starter in the order then? I was gonna RNG a Squirtle since Venusaur and Charizard need their Dream World abilities to be competitive apparently. Which starter do you think is best trade value?

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been informed that Squirtle should be 9 and Charmander should be 5. I've only got one person's anecdote on this so if you can confirm that'd be nice.
Also, this 1, 5, 9 deal doesn't apply to the Hoenn starters.

You're gonna write the second target on your seed. Let's say you need to hit the time 23:26:29, 29 would then go in the Target sec box in Eontimer...depending on the seed you choose, the target second will change. Leave the delay at 50 for now
I've started RNGing for the seed in my Platinum while I'm saved in the Pastoria City Mart. There's still one NPC that walks around while I try to verify the seed with the Coin Flip App. I know that this will cause frame advancement, so how should I deal with this? Should I use Chatot pitches or would it be possible to keep track of how many frames that NPC advances while I check the seed?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I've started RNGing for the seed in my Platinum while I'm saved in the Pastoria City Mart. There's still one NPC that walks around while I try to verify the seed with the Coin Flip App. I know that this will cause frame advancement, so how should I deal with this? Should I use Chatot pitches or would it be possible to keep track of how many frames that NPC advances while I check the seed?
Hard to keep track of the frame advancements. WNPCs still advance frames even if they're not moving.
Just try the chatot pitches instead.

Hard to keep track of the frame advancements. WNPCs still advance frames even if they're not moving.
Just try the chatot pitches instead.
I went through the entire RNG process - got my seed of choice, found time/delay, and used EonTimer, then advanced to the correct frame and got the Egg. I traded it to HG (where I wanted to hatch it since I caught my Shiny Rayquaza there and thus know my SID for HG) and hatched it, and it ended up with a Manaphy that wasn't shiny and only had three correct IVs. I've double checked to make sure that I didn't get my ID or SID wrong anywhere, so any idea as to how I might have messed up?

Princess Emily

I went through the entire RNG process - got my seed of choice, found time/delay, and used EonTimer, then advanced to the correct frame and got the Egg. I traded it to HG (where I wanted to hatch it since I caught my Shiny Rayquaza there and thus know my SID for HG) and hatched it, and it ended up with a Manaphy that wasn't shiny and only had three correct IVs. I've double checked to make sure that I didn't get my ID or SID wrong anywhere, so any idea as to how I might have messed up?
I don't know for sure what the cause is, but it might still be the NPCs. You have to mash A as quickly as usual to get the manaphy egg.
Also possible is that the chatot responses of the adjacent seeds might be similar to the chatot responses of your target. That's why you have to listen at least 10 of them chatot pitches.
Or Reporter might be wrong, maybe.

I don't know for sure what the cause is, but it might still be the NPCs. You have to mash A as quickly as usual to get the manaphy egg.
Also possible is that the chatot responses of the adjacent seeds might be similar to the chatot responses of your target. That's why you have to listen at least 10 of them chatot pitches.
Or Reporter might be wrong, maybe.
I actually decided to use SS instead of Platinum because of the NPC issue in DPPt. I got the egg in SS with everything set and traded it to HG, I ended up with that result. I still can't figure out why the Manaphy has some wrong IVs and isn't shiny. Is it possible that I was off by a frame or two and it resulted in this?

Princess Emily

I actually decided to use SS instead of Platinum because of the NPC issue in DPPt. I got the egg in SS with everything set and traded it to HG, I ended up with that result. I still can't figure out why the Manaphy has some wrong IVs and isn't shiny. Is it possible that I was off by a frame or two and it resulted in this?
Use the Reporter to figure out if you missed your target frame.
Also check if the recipient game have the correct ID & SID.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
@Manaphy user
Is this your first time doing this, as in you never did any RNG manipulation before this? If so, I suggest doing one that's easier than this first. If you have done some before and were successful, then you will need to tell us the following and be as detailed as possible:

-Search method used for Manaphy IVs
-What mart did you pick the egg up
-How you verified your delay
-What your search results are
-How you advanced your frame
-Were you using Elm/Irwin to verify your frame
-How you did your search for the shiny IVs for the game you'll be trading the Manaphy egg

And also, provide screenshots of your Reporter windows if you want,

@Manaphy user
Is this your first time doing this, as in you never did any RNG manipulation before this? If so, I suggest doing one that's easier than this first. If you have done some before and were successful, then you will need to tell us the following and be as detailed as possible:

-Search method used for Manaphy IVs
-What mart did you pick the egg up
-How you verified your delay
-What your search results are
-How you advanced your frame
-Were you using Elm/Irwin to verify your frame
-How you did your search for the shiny IVs for the game you'll be trading the Manaphy egg

And also, provide screenshots of your Reporter windows if you want,
I'm familiar with what RNG manipulation is and how to do it; I've just found the program somewhat confusing because it's been awhile since I last did it and I'd more or less forgotten everything about how it works.

I first used a legality checker to find my SID 12912 for my HG version, where I caught my shiny Rayquaza. (This is the program I used http://shaym.in/apps/iv_checker) My Rayquaza's IVs are 19/22/5/0/19/3.

I used the 4th Gen Time Finder to search for a seed. Method 1, 2012, 550/5000 min/max delay, 10/300 min/max frame, 31 SpA/Spe IVs, Timid nature, fixed gender, shiny only, (trainer) ID 00527, SID 12912. Clicking Generate got me a list of thirty or so seeds. I chose seed 5A0E042F, frame 29, hour 14, PID 0FAD3FD6, !!! (shiny), Timid nature, ability 0, IVs 26/29/26/31/22/31, HP Ghost with 68 BP, M/M/M/M for gender ratios.

I used the Seed to Times/Adjacent Finder and entered the seed 5A0E042F, year 2012, HGSS, with Raikou and Entei checked off (I already caught Latios in my SS version where I decided to receive the egg from the delivery man.) I clicked Generate and got a list of dates, times, and delays; all of these had Delay 1059. I chose the first one, 2012/01/01, time 14:30:59.

I entered 50 in the +/- delays boxes (though later I entered 10 because I kept on hitting a very small range around the target seed) and entered 2 for the +/- seconds/frame boxes. Again, Generate got me another list of seeds. Seed 5A0E042F, date 2012 01 01, time 14:30:59, delay 1059, Elm Responses KKPPPP~, routes 37 and 29 for Raikou and Entei.

At this point I began to use EonTimer and the whole RNG process with SS, changing the date and starting the timer when I changed the DS time to two minutes before the target time, etc. Pressed A when the timer hit 00:00 the first time at the DS menu, then again at the Start Menu in my SS when the timer hit 00:00 again. I did this and each time, used Irwin to verify the seed; usually I'd get call combinations that told me I hit seed 1053 or 1055, just a little too early. Eventually, I got the correct call combination from Irwin, and proceeded to continue calling him until I hit frame 28 (from the Time Finder). I then talked to the delivery man, got the egg, traded it to HG, and hatched it. The resulting Manaphy was not shiny, Timid, and had only three correct IVs (26 HP/22 SpD/31 Spe).

I realize now that I was looking at the wrong seed when I hit the correct delay - I got a call combo from Irwin that matched 14:30;57, rather than 14:30:59. I didn't notice this when I checked the seed and traded the egg, and I realize that this entire time I've been hitting 14:30:57 rather that 14:30:59. Is there something in particular that I need to do in order to hit the correct target second?

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
You say 3 correct IVs, what are the rest of them? Also, you could try uploading a Pokemon to Pokecheck to see if your SID is indeed correct. Right now, it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with your process.

The other IVs are 11/4/14 (Atk/Def/SpA) or somewhere in that range.

Yeah, I've been trying to hit the seed, and I keep hitting ones that are at the time 14:30:57 when my target is 14:30:59. What's the cause of this?

The guide states that the only change that needs to be made between DPPt and HGSS for EonTimer is Calibrated Delay, which should be 490 for HGSS. That's what I have here, and I've been getting these results. My target delay and sec. are set at 1059 and 59. I'm still hitting delays with the time being 14:30:57 rather than my target 14:30:59. Is it something I need to fix with EonTimer or the Seed to Times window, or something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)