Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Great, now I apparently cannot hit my delay OR seed that I had absolutely no problem hitting before!

I tried to hit my seed today and apparently cannot find any result, even with a min/max delay of 9999.

I don't get this, I was able to RNG Palkia before with little trouble on that exact delay, but now I can't even find my result? What gives?

If I were to attempt to rng a Sinnoh starter on Diamond, how would I advance the frames? The seed would be trial and error, but I've heard of people who have done it before. Any suggestions?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
If I were to attempt to rng a Sinnoh starter on Diamond, how would I advance the frames? The seed would be trial and error, but I've heard of people who have done it before. Any suggestions?
Practice hitting the seed on that same cart in a previous save, then start your new game. That way you'll know you're close.

Of course, you can't advance the RNG so you have to aim for a frame 1 spread.

Practice hitting the seed on that same cart in a previous save, then start your new game. That way you'll know you're close.

Of course, you can't advance the RNG so you have to aim for a frame 1 spread.
Can't you advance the RNG frame by 1 each time you save your game, or is that not correct?

Doing this on a cart is near impossible(frustrating as even if you hit your seed frames have to be guesstimated based on amount of time.) I've only managed to successfully do this once on a cart and it was a grueling 4-5 hours.

On an emulator it's easy as hell and it's actually where I tested the frame advances.

Either way I think only empoleon isn't hurt by a lack of breeding, so more novelty than anything else.

I'm trying to rng a Ditto in Emerald using Method H-2, but every time I hit either the frame I'm going for or a different frame, the encounter slots don't match up with what I got. I can match up the IVs to the frame I hit but the encounter slot will not match up with what RNG Reporter gives me. Any advice?

In case it helps, I'm trying to hit frame 15523 that should give a Docile 6/27/31/31/31/31 Ditto, but I got a a Whismur with those IVs instead.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I'm trying to rng a Ditto in Emerald using Method H-2, but every time I hit either the frame I'm going for or a different frame, the encounter slots don't match up with what I got. I can match up the IVs to the frame I hit but the encounter slot will not match up with what RNG Reporter gives me. Any advice?

In case it helps, I'm trying to hit frame 15523 that should give a Docile 6/27/31/31/31/31 Ditto, but I got a a Whismur with those IVs instead.
My friend is having that same issue with underwater RNG, and unfortunately I can only assume RNG Reporter is going off of wrong information.

4th Gen Legendaries

I plan to RNG the 4th gen legendaries on my Pearl version I'm playing now, and just want to be sure their natures/ivs are set when you talk to them, not when you release them from Galactic HQ (Uxie Mesprit Azelf). Can anyone confirm?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I plan to RNG the 4th gen legendaries on my Pearl version I'm playing now, and just want to be sure their natures/ivs are set when you talk to them, not when you release them from Galactic HQ (Uxie Mesprit Azelf). Can anyone confirm?
Everything for them is set when you battle them in their respective caves, so yea. This holds true for mesprit as well even though it then decides to roam.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus

What is the ability of the lead Pokémon? If you have a Pressure or Hustle lead, there's your problem. Preferably you should be using a Docile sync.

So, I have GBA AR3 and a Japanese Emerald cart.

I want to figure out my TID/SID pair so that I can RNG my starter to be shiny. How do I go about finding my SID? I'm totally unfamiliar with AR. Is there a code that will reveal my SID? If so, I haven't been able to find it. Or do I have to somehow get my save file onto a computer and inspect it to find the SID?

Thanks!

As a side note, I can use an America AR for a Japanese game as long as I'm using Japanese codes, correct? That seems to be the consensus but occasionally someone says no.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So should I use a different frame if Ditto cannot be obtained with those IVs? Also how would I get results like those to appear in RNG Reporter?
You can also obtain Ditto with those IVs, just not on the frame you're hitting - Synchronize causes the spread to repeat multiple times with various encounter slots (set the Synchronize field to Docile).

Recalibrating on a frame with the wrong IVs should let you narrow down what exactly you're hitting and aim for a frame with the right encounter slot instead.

Not to contradict your advice or seem unhelpful, but is it possible his cartridge is method 2 instead of H-2? That is the case with my cartridge.

If his cartridge is indeed H-2 and not M2, please ignore this post.

Just got the Ditto I was looking for using Method H-2, for some reason I didn't think to use the main window to do the search in instead of the Time Finder. Thanks for your help guys :)

Is it possible to RNG hold items on wild pokemon in HGSS?
EDIT: Also, when RNG'ing roamers in HGSS, do I have to enter the game and soft reset to hit my seed correctly or do I just need to hit it as usual? I've been trying to get a near flawless latios with the seed 010b042f, and I seem to often get E:38, R:34 which doesn't seem to match any of the nearby delays or PID's.

Not sure if this should have went here or in the simple question thread but is their any information on how exactly the RNG for Wish Maker Jirachi works?

Not sure if this should have went here or in the simple question thread but is their any information on how exactly the RNG for Wish Maker Jirachi works?
Long story short, it's not possible. The Jirachi you get is based off of the savefile's checksum, which is based off of literally everything in the game.

Long story short, it's not possible. The Jirachi you get is based off of the savefile's checksum, which is based off of literally everything in the game.
Yeah I figured as much. I did some messing around but didn't come up with much. All I know is that I keep getting the exact same Jirachi from the save file I backed up every time I reloaded it to the cartridge (just so I don't have to play through until the dex) and the only way I could get the Jirachi to change is to re-save after I had already loaded the save file onto the cartridge.

Blast...so the Channel Jirachi is the only possible one that can me RNGed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)