Move/Ability animations thread

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Soon, whenever you're afflicted with Curse, it'll animate (and when Bad Dreams is in effect)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Shadow/Phantom Force got updated to how it looks in-game

Last edited:

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Photon Geyser needs an Animation too, currently it seems to use the Gigavolt Havoc animation.
or just change the animation to a filler psychic-type move for now, it's weird to see electricity KOing a Nidoqueen / Gligar
All in due time. Besides, that was the closest animation that I could come up with as an filler, besides the electricity. Photons are like atoms n stuff right? right.

So now, the background shakes too

Last edited:
Could EQ have the horizontal-shake animation back? The vertical one looks good on Bulldoze and Stomping Tantrum, but the drastic horizontal shaking fits Earthquake better.

Ridaz

Don't @ me
Could EQ have the horizontal-shake animation back? The vertical one looks good on Bulldoze and Stomping Tantrum, but the drastic horizontal shaking fits Earthquake better.
I'm still trying to see people's reaction to the animation. Ever since I made it go sideways even more agressivelly, people have been complaning about motion sickness and headaches. So far there haven't been those kind of complaints so, looks like it's staying like this for now.

Anyway, here are some more usuless animations

Ridaz

Don't @ me
Slightly updated Aura Sphere

EDIT: For some reason I can't embed the images. That'll do for now
EDIT 2: It's working now

Last edited:

Ridaz

Don't @ me
Haze is supposed to be black mist, right? Can the haze animation briefly fade to black instead of to white?
in-game sure but, I'm not sure if a black background does any justice. Then again, the name in japanese is literally black mist... I'll think about it.

Searing Sunraze Smash is basically just Sunsteel Strike with a Trickroom-Space intro and more explosions, so why not do the same for Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom? Light That Burns The Sky could be a yellow circle that slowly grows to the size of Oceanic Operetta's ball, then flies at the target and makes explosions.

Magma Storm, Fire Spin, Whirlpool, and Infestation are missing animations for their indirect damage, despite Wrap and Bind having them. I think this is more important than the Uber Z-Moves.

Ridaz

Don't @ me
Searing Sunraze Smash is basically just Sunsteel Strike with a Trickroom-Space intro and more explosions, so why not do the same for Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom?
That was just a placeholder animation. I still don't like how it looks.

Magma Storm, Fire Spin, Whirlpool, and Infestation are missing animations for their indirect damage
That's mostly because Magma Storm actually does have it, showing that it's a more powerful move. I should some something about Infestation later though

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it'd be great if Seed Flare's animation was changed to make it more obvious when it misses, missing a crucial attack is already frustrating enough but not knowing that Seed Flare missed until the "(Insert Pokemon here) avoided the attack!" message pops up makes it that much more annoying in my personal opinion.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Shouldn't Fishious Rend be shown either as a bite (like Crunch and Fang moves) or a Water-type move? It is just the Tackle animation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)