Movin' On Up (Submissions!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well I guess you could say the spark died....and unfortunately with my last year of high school rolling in there is no way I can continue to run this.

But I will declare the winners of this slate, and hopefully a willing person can carry the torch. This was a very active Pet Mod, and I'm sure Eevee General would happily approve a fresh thread that carries over past winners. And before summer is over I definately will try to get what currently exists coded.

Without furthur ado, here are the winners!!

G-Luke
Name: Magmortar
New Typing: Fire/Fighting
New Stats: 85/105/67/135/95/105
New Abilities: Flash Fire / Mega Launcher / Vital Spirit
Movepool Addition(s): +Aura Sphere +Dragon Pulse +Dark Pulse +Eruption

Heroes and Cons
Torkoal
New Typing:
Fire/Poison
New Stats: 70/115/150/115/100/40
New Abilities: White Smoke/Simple [HA]
Movepool Addition(s): Gunk Shot.

the someone
Name: Pyroar
Typing: Fire/Normal
New Stats: 91/82/90/129/90/108
New Abilities: Mold Breaker / Pressure / Justified
Movepool Addition(s): Boomburst, Dazzling Gleam, Morning Sun, Lava Plume

InvisibleWater
Name: Rapidash
New Stats: 90 / 120 / 85 / 90 / 90 / 125
New Typing: Fire / Fairy
New Abilities: Flash Fire, Unburden, Reckless
Movepool Additions: High Jump Kick, U-Turn, Work Up, Play Rough

Here you go! And if anyone who feels competent enough (ofc approval is needed) is interested in running this Pet Mod can pm me.

G-Luke

Analysis of the Movin on Up metagame.

MoU is a vastly different meta than OU, as the additional Pokemon as shaken things up quite alot. Offense is the netagame to play, as it has received multitudes of set up sweepers and wallbreakers to choose from. Hazard Control is even more important than in standard, with the addition of several new hazard setters (including two new Sticky Web setters), several new Rapid Spinners and Defoggers and most importantly, six new spinblockers. This bolsters the viability of hazard stacking and cements Defog as the primier and most reliable way of removing hazards in the metagame. New viable Mega Evolutions mean even more competition for the megaslot. The sleep status condition, only having abusers like Breloom in standard play, as received several abusers, to the point where Grass types, sleep immune Pokemon, the ability Overcoat and Safety Goggles can receive a smqll buff in viability. Dragon types in general are severly nerfed in MuO as opposed to being the top threats in OU, as the rise of multitudes of Fairy types, Ice types and Steel types mean they have a harder time sweeping without a Fairy or Steel switching in or a stray Ice Shard cutting it short. Thats not to say Dragons are non viable, as they have a ton of new teammates that can check whatever threats they need. Weather has gotten significant buffs as well, with new setters and abusers. Balance and even stall haven't lost in the metagame at all, and in fact gained alot of walls, clerics, bulky pivots and tanks to fortify itself.

Analyses on the way. Please feel free to chip in on discussion.

G-Luke

So as I was saying guys. Pm me if your interested. And also state why you believe you can run it.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
And the musical theme for this slate is...

Name: Linoone
New Stats: 110/110/70/70/90/140 (BST 590)
Typing: Normal
Movepool Addition(s): Wild Charge, Iron Head, Fake Out, Stealth Rock
New Abilities(if any): Fur Coat/Gluttony/Guts
Justification: Wild Charge, Iron Head and Fake Out are due to its known movement of dashing forward quickly. Stealth Rock because filler it's stealthy and can set rocks on the ground or something. It has a lot of fur, so Fur Coat seems fitting. Guts is similar to Quick Feet, so I substituted one with the other, and Gluttony remains.
Niche in OU: Linoone's most obvious niche is Belly Drum and Extreme Speed or Baton Pass. Fur Coat makes it easier to set up, with great bulk that prevents imminent death. Gluttony lets you eat any berry, and possibly pass on another stat boost with Baton Pass. Guts lets you use E-Speed more safely, and further boosts Attack, making burns an innefective way of stopping it. A bulky set with Stealth Rock, Toxic and FakeSpeed is also possible with Fur Coat.

Name: Arcanine
New Stats: 90/110/80/110/90/90 (BST 570)
Typing: Fire
Movepool Addition(s): Dragon Tail
New Abilities(if any): Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified
Justification: Arcanine already gets many Dragon type moves, and since it's based on the legendary Chinese dog dragon thing, it should get another one.
Niche in OU: Arcanine didn't need to be buffed that much. I made it to be a physically weaker, slower but bulkier Entei (after an Intimidate). It's also specially stronger than Entei and can run mixed sets.

Last edited:
I knew it

Anyway Stale 12 is Sanic Emulator 20XX

Raichu, Linoone, Arcanine and Lucario

the theme is ExtremeSpeed
Isn't Lucario a little too high in the tiers to be buffed? Heck Arcanine is also UU (it isn't OU viable though so I guess it isn't that bad). Should the buffs be different for these two considering they have a high chance of becoming broken?

Anyway,

Raichu
New Stats: 95/110/65/110/80/115
+35 HP +20 Attack +10 Defense +30 Special Attack +15 Speed
Type: Electric
Movepool Additions: Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Extreme Speed (not event locked
Abilities: Static, Competetive, Lightningrod
Justification: I don't want to break Raichu since I gave it great attack stats, a better speed tier, and Ice Coverage, and better HP so Volt Tackle doesn't cause him to die upon attacking, so I'm not giving Raichu a broken ability. Competetive is because Raichu has to compete with Pikachu for popularity. The Ice moves are because Pikachu got Icicle Crash.
Viability: Not only is Raichu a physical Electric type, but it has Ice coverage. Competetive can't be used along with Extreme Speed. Basically Riachu can choose one of two paths. A Special Attacker who can not only laugh at Defog but murder the users or a physical attacker with strong priority.

I'm a little worried that Raichu will be broken, but the mascot'a evolution should be S-Tier. I hope I didn't push Raichu too far.

G-Luke

Isn't Lucario a little too high in the tiers to be buffed? Heck Arcanine is also UU (it isn't OU viable though so I guess it isn't that bad). Should the buffs be different for these two considering they have a high chance of becoming broken?

Anyway,

Raichu
New Stats: 95/110/65/110/80/115
+35 HP +20 Attack +10 Defense +30 Special Attack +15 Speed
Type: Electric
Movepool Additions: Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Extreme Speed (not event locked
Abilities: Static, Competetive, Lightningrod
Justification: I don't want to break Raichu since I gave it great attack stats, a better speed tier, and Ice Coverage, and better HP so Volt Tackle doesn't cause him to die upon attacking, so I'm not giving Raichu a broken ability. Competetive is because Raichu has to compete with Pikachu for popularity. The Ice moves are because Pikachu got Icicle Crash.
Viability: Not only is Raichu a physical Electric type, but it has Ice coverage. Competetive can't be used along with Extreme Speed. Basically Riachu can choose one of two paths. A Special Attacker who can not only laugh at Defog but murder the users or a physical attacker with strong priority.

I'm a little worried that Raichu will be broken, but the mascot'a evolution should be S-Tier. I hope I didn't push Raichu too far.
I share the same sentiments on this matter of Lucario n Arcanine getting buffed. Even though some exceptions are usually allowed, they are from RU the most.

Dont worry about Raichu. Believe me. Alot of things in both OU and especially MoU can check and counter your Raichu.

btw E-Speed is auto un-eventlocked for Raichu and Linoone so have fun storming the castle

Name: Raichu
New Stats: 90 / 120 / 70 / 90 / 100 / 120 (BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Electric / Fighting
Movepool Addition(s): High Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Rapid Spin, Close Combat
New Abilities(if any): Static / Magic Guard / Reckless
Niche in OU: Fast and powerful HJK and Volt Tackle, boosted by Reckless. Utter and sheer wonder. Can also go for a Magic Guard set, allowing it to clear hazards without them even slightly wearing it down, and using Volt Tackle without any consequences whatsoever.

(just going to assume that the rule disallowing decreasing stats wasn't removed in this slate, if it was let me know)

Name:
Raichu
New Stats: 105/110/95/90/80/110 (+45/+20/+40/+0/+0/+0, BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Electric/Steel
Movepool Addition(s): Swords Dance, Slack Off, Heal Bell, Flash Cannon
New Abilities(if any): +No Guard (Static and Lightning Rod stay intact)
Justification: Don't really have any flavor justification for these changes aside from Swords Dance (and even that's limited to "its tail is sharp," basically), but the competitive flavor of this submission is essentially the ability to pull double-duty as either a boosting sweeper that has both solid bulk backed up by a good defensive typing and a decent speed tier and a bulky pivot/cleric with the ability to spread paralysis via Static and/or the move Nuzzle. I opted for Swords Dance rather than adding more special moves to abuse Nasty Plot with because Raichu's natural offensive movepool is more biased towards physical attacks than special attacks. Slack Off makes bulky sets much more viable as it grants reliable recovery, but could also be useful on offensive sets to mitigate Volt Tackle's recoil. Heal Bell heals status and allows Raichu to act as a cleric in conjunction with its previous access to Wish. Flash Cannon doesn't really help this set competitively (though you could run a special lure set with Nasty Plot using it if you wanted), I only included it because No Guard already makes Iron Tail accurate and very few Steel-types lack Flash Cannon. Aside from making Iron Tail an accurate STAB with a good secondary effect, No Guard also allows Raichu to use Dynamic Punch for confusion shenanigans and as a third attack on Swords Dance sets if you opt not to run recovery (Knock Off is also an option).
Niche in OU: essentially what's written above, Raichu can act as both a Swords Dance sweeper and a bulky pivot (and cleric) depending on what your team needs. don't feel like writing more but the Justification section should get the point across well enough

G-Luke

(just going to assume that the rule disallowing decreasing stats wasn't removed in this slate, if it was let me know)

Name:
Raichu
New Stats: 105/110/95/90/80/110 (+45/+20/+40/+0/+0/+0, BST 590)
New Typing(if any): Electric/Steel
Movepool Addition(s): Swords Dance, Slack Off, Heal Bell, Flash Cannon
New Abilities(if any): +No Guard (Static and Lightning Rod stay intact)
Justification: Don't really have any flavor justification for these changes aside from Swords Dance (and even that's limited to "its tail is sharp," basically), but the competitive flavor of this submission is essentially the ability to pull double-duty as either a boosting sweeper that has both solid bulk backed up by a good defensive typing and a decent speed tier and a bulky pivot/cleric with the ability to spread paralysis via Static and/or the move Nuzzle. I opted for Swords Dance rather than adding more special moves to abuse Nasty Plot with because Raichu's natural offensive movepool is more biased towards physical attacks than special attacks. Slack Off makes bulky sets much more viable as it grants reliable recovery, but could also be useful on offensive sets to mitigate Volt Tackle's recoil. Heal Bell heals status and allows Raichu to act as a cleric in conjunction with its previous access to Wish. Flash Cannon doesn't really help this set competitively (though you could run a special lure set with Nasty Plot using it if you wanted), I only included it because No Guard already makes Iron Tail accurate and very few Steel-types lack Flash Cannon. Aside from making Iron Tail an accurate STAB with a good secondary effect, No Guard also allows Raichu to use Dynamic Punch for confusion shenanigans and as a third attack on Swords Dance sets if you opt not to run recovery (Knock Off is also an option).
Niche in OU: essentially what's written above, Raichu can act as both a Swords Dance sweeper and a bulky pivot (and cleric) depending on what your team needs. don't feel like writing more but the Justification section should get the point across well enough
Believe it or not, Raichu already gets Swords Dance

the thing is we have literally 5 submissions this slate, nothing has happened to Lucario (which isn't too much of a problem), and Linoone and Arcanine both have exactly one submission. So I basically can't close the slate and go into voting yet.

the thing is we have literally 5 submissions this slate, nothing has happened to Lucario (which isn't too much of a problem), and Linoone and Arcanine both have exactly one submission. So I basically can't close the slate and go into voting yet.
The main reason, I think, is that everyone disagrees with Arcanine and Lucario - both UU mons with high BSTs - even being on the slate in the first place. Nobody wants to try and do something with mons that are already strong and viable.

imo Zygarde would have been a better pick than Lucario, but it's not like you can change it now :/

Edit: seriously, you really need to take Lucario off. Mega Lucario will be broken as f*ck. It's already in Ubers. We don't need another pokemon in AG

Edit 2: And now I decided to go and make a Lucario submission. I hope it doesn't break the mega... Even though the mega will have Adaptability boosted Flash cannon off 160 Special Attack...

Last edited:
imo Zygarde would have been a better pick than Lucario, but it's not like you can change it now :/

Edit: seriously, you really need to take Lucario off. Mega Lucario will be broken as f*ck. It's already in Ubers. We don't need another pokemon in AG
Mawile was in an earlier phase, so i guess we need to retroactively take mawile off as well
The main reason, I think, is that everyone disagrees with Arcanine and Lucario - both UU mons with high BSTs - even being on the slate in the first place. Nobody wants to try and do something with mons that are already strong and viable.
Yeah, I get it. Fine then. Vote on only Raichu I guess, the someone wins linoone by default and arcanine and lucario are cancelled i guess

my votes, in order: Meta-Kraid, Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)