Team MPL VI - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Fore I go broke like Joc -

Greetings everyone and welcome to the "highly requested" OFFICIAL UNBIASED Monotype Premier League VI power rankings
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 8.54.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 8.54.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 8.48.55 PM.png

The criteria for ranking will be:
A. Player skill and past records
B. Tier knowledge + builder(s)
C. Motivation
D. Competency of the manager

Let us get this started shall we:

:Minior: Meteor Falls Miniors :Minior:

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 1.01.21 PM.png

Well well well, the Miniors who won 3 games (yes three games) in the last 3 weeks of the season are back yet again. However, this time Attribute really decided to just clean house for an entire rebranding LOOOOOOL. This man really tossed aside almost everybody from last year's team after they went 1-7 3 weeks straight to miss the playoffs. With a very experienced manager core in Attribute and Ridley, I expect them to do well as a team with great leadership and mentorship they can provide (although Ssalbap cursed this franchise). Ridley will be back in familiar territory most likely playing ORAS for the team and in the lackluster ORAS pool, he has a shot to be among the best in it. Attribute manning the BO3 spot is an ideal fit as he is very skilled and well versed in every generation even though he must play SS Mono against his will. Due to the fact that the BO3 slot provides the most competition and given Attribute's cumulative Monotype team tour record, some would believe he may go negative in this slot, however, under a whole new Miniors rebrand he could change the narrative. The Miniors set quite the tone for the entire draft by immediately nomming self-esteemed Got Cookies (builder) as their BW support for the team (grats). Next up we get to the first massive overpay of the draft. LMAOOOO 22.5K Conflux man are yall outta your mind what has this man done since coming out of the closet as Ice Tray and even prior to that after being blacklisted from WoA. The massive price tag, however, does make him the SS Mono building slave for Leru and co. so it isn't the worst case at all. There is a chance for him to live up to this price and have a big MPL as he is a good SS Monotype player. Hopefully he is able to pull off 4-5 wins in the SS pool with his playing ability + tier experience. Moving on, and it appears the Miniors did not learn their lesson overpaying for Conflux and dropped 21.5k on Leru too LOL. He signed up for SS only and doesn't even build for himself LMAO. (Not to mention he wasn't aware Choice Scarf Dragapult was a set). Had he signed up for SM, his price tag would probably be worth it being that his SM sheet record is amazing. All that being said, with Conflux and Ridley by his side for building support he could do great and could end up with 5 wins at least if he remains interested. Miniors decided to buy Bitana at another hefty 21K price tag, however, most would say his 70% win percentage on the sheet is definitely worth it, and an SM slot is filled here with an elite player who I believe can attain 5 wins. WoA OG P2 is back in MPL after getting cucked by the Draft Sheet previously, most likely as a sub and for a respectable 7k price this was a fine buy for the Miniors. Miniors went ahead and bought BW OU player Dr. Caetono93 to replace Freeroamer at the BW Monotype slot. With his vast skill in the BW gen he can do great here with building support, and being that Cookies coats his throat for any and every tour player he should mesh well with Caetano93 here and go positive. The retiree and avid Navraj supporter Shiba is back for another iteration of MPL, after playing almost 50 Monotype team tour games he is well versed with the tier and should do fine in any tier he is placed in. Lastly, it seemed as though Attribute felt bad and decided to spend 3K on the last remaining Minior in Alkione and its the least he could do after stealing his manager spot from his friends HMNIP and Skysolo, in addition, Alkione played a 600 man SS Mono French tour and with building support he could perhaps go even. Overall the Miniors are extremely top-heavy and their fate lies on the shoulders of their three 20K+ buys (One of which has yet to make a splash in team tours or individuals and another who came back after a fairly long hiatus). Their team definitely doesn't lack motivation with players like Alkione, Conflux, Leru, and Cookies and two motivated managers in Attribute and Ridley. I can predict a playoff berth for this team assuming the same tragedy doesn't occur as last year.

attri snaked the miniors.png

:Gengar: Goldenrod Gengars :Gengar:

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 1.01.29 PM.png

The returning champions, the Goldenrod Gengars are looking to make it back to back with the many familiar faces. Both Chaitanya and Waszap comprise the toxic Tier Leader manager core and they return with their 2 high value retains in Peachyclouds and Feitan to make up for around 80K of the teams funds right off the bat. Some might ponder as to why the Gengars decided to spend that much, however, those four are arguably 4 of the top 10 players in the pool so the question can be answered. Chaitanya will be poised to compete in the BO3 slot and should do well given his diverse skill in each generation and could attain up to 5 wins at the conclusion of the season. Although Zap has shown signs of being washed as fuck and is a randbats main LMFAOOO, he was still one of the most dominant SM Monotype players and had an outstanding MPL last year to back that up and I expect him to do well with a similar record as last year of 5-2 assuming he is motivated. Peachyclouds manning the other SM slot will most likely also have repeated success as last season in the SM pool when he finished 9-1 assuming he can schedule correctly and isn't too busy tending to Namranan's fantasies. Feitan will be playing SS Monotype and although he started CG later than most his skill + team support will most likely result in him doing well for 4-5 wins in the SS pool. Toadow is also back with the Gengars and is one of three French players on the team, and should do solid in SS Monotype with Chait and Peachy's support and chemistry. Nailec the 2nd of the French, had a lackluster MPL performance last season and an average BLT performance but for the very cheap price of 4K, the Gengars can only nod their head in satisfaction here in hope for him to turns things around. The Gengars chose Croven to operate the ORAS slot and for 8K that is more than serviceable with the current pool depending on his motivation and interest. Next up the Gengars decided to pick up RU and Weeb Main Averardo for a price of 11K (who I convinced 2 months ago to join the seeded tour and start playing this tier in the first place). He does tend to build wack stuff but with the Gengar alumni around they should be able to refine his teams and I predict him to at least go positive here. The Gengars drafted Arifeen for 3K but then subsequently traded him for Confide who was in past iterations of MPL and he should be able to sub-in in various slots if needed. Avarice the UU main finds himself playing BW Monotype as a ghosting slot, this leaves a question mark here for the Gengars but with proper team support from the teammates, he just might be able to perhaps finish positive. Dieu Amphibien is an SS Monotype ladder fiend racking up more than 6000 games on his main account on the ladder and is also a member of the French core, as a potential rising player he has the support he needs around experienced players and countrymen to show him the ropes in a tour setting. Overall the Gengars look very strong once again as they did last year with very versatile players who can place themselves in various slots, however, they appear to have a drop off in overall depth and are also top-heavy, after their two managers and two retains compared to last season. With a winning environment in addition to fresh faces, I believe the Gengars will once again make the playoffs led by their star players if things go smoothly. This team did a good job with guaranteeing that their team will has strong of communication, by buying a very multilingual team. Toadow got two French companions, while Feitan will communicate with Averardo through images of animated asian girls of questionable ages, and Chaitanya is well versed in deciphering Waszap's gorilla tactics. Also, as Kev is no longer in their team chat, they bought avarice to translate whatever gibberish language peachyclouds speaks.

nam x peachy L.jpg

:Sawsbuck: Blackthorn Bucks :Sawsbuck:

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 1.01.36 PM.png

The Blackthorn Bucks return as the legacy franchise from long ago. This time led by Havens who was unfortunately forced to settle with Zarif as his ass-man after he got snaked by Decem LMFAO. Neither of these managers are particularly noteworthy players so they will require their players to really put in work in building and playing. Seeing how Havens got pushed around by Decem of all people, and that both of them are generally considered clowns in the community, their ability to keep players in check is very questionable. This is very bad as many of their players will probably have to be pushed and kept in control. The Bucks had a fairly good draft as Zarif seemed to have done his homework on his slaves players which was expected by many as he is a veteran manager. This manager core is very up in the air and raises a lot of questions on whether they have the ability to motivate their players, as well as keep certain users in line to ensure a winning environment, as these two may not seem to be your typical managers to some. Havens appears to be starting in SS Monotype, however, it is Havens in a Monotype team tour we are talking about here LOOOOL, so the expectations aren't that high, but this could end up being his season to finally get over the hump to counteract his lackluster sheet record and go positive here maybe. However, he was too scared to sign up and had to get pressured by people in auth chat who were just thinking for their best interest as him burning 15k for himself is a great investment for the other 7 teams LMAO. Lax was a great buy for 19.5K as one of the Bucks star players and should do well with at least 5 wins in the tier. Sae will be manning the Bo3 slot again and is very experienced in generations 5,6 and 7, with a very good sheet record, but some would question if he is truly well versed in SS Monotype. Jyph was a very solid pickup for the Bucks as a starter in the BW pool here and could very well pull off 4-5 wins here. Sirskit is a long time ORAS player who is very capable and has even more building support from Sae to bounce off ideas from and should do fairly well in this ORAS pool for about 4 wins. Kythr is a capable new SS Monotype player who he went 3-3 in BLT and 5.5K can prove to be another solid buy for the Bucks. Vodoom went for a fairly cheap price at 8k, being able to SS and SM well, but with a wildcard type attitude and motivation, he could very well prove to be the x-factor for the Bucks. Despite Vodoom being a potential team spirit killer or could disappear on them, he can bond well with Zarif as they both have 5 maids and Zarifs experience as a sandal maker could be useful for Vodoom's growing sneaker business. Catalystic is back for another MPL and for 12k, looks to be SMing for the Bucks rather than ORASing as he did last year. King Choco (aka Booty Melo) had great success in both Seasonals and Generations tournaments and should do solid in either sub-slot for SS or SM Monotype, however, he may get forum banned for whatever inappropriate Pokemon picture he uses as his next smogon avatar. Tko was a 3K buy for the Bucks so that's a positive, but the negative is where he probably has one of the worst MPL sheet records to date at like 1-7 over 4 years or something, so expectations are really below the ground here LMFAOOOOOOO. However, if he can actually break his MPL curse and can manage to do well as he does in other tiers when called upon, the Bucks would benefit greatly. Lastly, Thimo, Azelea, and Brisked round out the finals subs of the team, Thimo who I am unsure of when it comes to motivation, Azelea who will probably quit 2-3 times over the duration of this tour, and Brisked who is probably more worried about racking up his Snapchat score over playing mons LOOOOOOOOL. All in all the Bucks had a fairly solid draft and their success will rely on the competency of the manager core, the motivation of Lax, Sae, Havens, and Vodoom, and the ability to retain this activity and motivation over the whole season. The Bucks appear to be the most 'Boom or Bust" type of team if described correctly. They have the pieces to make a playoff run, however, they must reach their full potential if they do so.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 9.25.09 PM.png

:Milotic: Mirage Island Milotics :Milotic:

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 1.01.50 PM.png

Oh boy LMFAO the Monotype RO core of Decem and Perish Song decided to manage in MPL and safe to say Perish Song is probably the boldest drafter in recent history. For the Mirage Island Milotics and its controversial manager Perish Song. We can't tell what which of his overpays was the worst, 11k on his last pick with no upbid, screwing over potentially 2 whole other players getting drafted, or his roleplaying as a legitimate player by throwing away 15k on himself LOOOOOOOOL. Decem remained silent the whole draft allowing Perish Song to take care of the drafting and lord knows why. I'm sure Decem is missing Havens right now, and he sure will at the end of the tour when he realizes at least his assman last year managed to get a single win. Like the Bucks, this manager pair lacks had a commanding presence. Some would say Decem is one of the biggest pushovers in the community and Perish Song is quite the clown for his antics during the draft. To start things off, Decem is looking to repeat the same success as last MPL where he went 5-2, however, he finds himself in a stacked BO3 pool, and with increased managing and supporting duties for multiple slots he can hopefully pick up at least 4 wins. Empo was a good buy at 20K and as long as he has the Monotype support in SM he should be able to attain at least 4-5 wins (but you couldn't spend a few more racks on Ima?). Freeroamer was a solid pickup at 18K and should end up with around 5 wins if things go right, however, his activity is up in the air this season which opens up the question as who would man BW if he leaves. le LLiolae has very little Monotype experience to my knowledge but should do fine with as long as Decem is able to support him well. Mateeus was hard 12Ked for some reason as his price was only at 8K at the time LOL, overall he is a solid SS and SM player as long as he can deviate from Normal and should have the ability to perhaps go positive in this tour. Cell may have dissed his team's draft LOL but he is looking to bounce back from an average showing last MPL in the ORAS pool, couple that with a recent 2-3 showing in BLT, he is definitely gotta try and aim for his sheet record to be positive and in this ORAS pool I feel as though he can win at least 4 games due to the fact he is well versed in the modern ORAS metagame. Toxanex looks to be a filler SS player, he had a subpar showing in BLT but with ideal team support from Decem, this could be his chance to turn things around. Devinn is a new OU player who went fairly far in OST, however, I'm not sure how he will fare in this tier. Apparently he is Perish Song's tutee or looking to be tutored by him, so if he wasn't any good before, he's most definitely not any better now. Gorex is Decem's tutee who plays RU, but once again I'm not certain as to how capable he really can be here. I feel like a broken record as yedla as well had a fairly lackluster BLT showing, however, once again, he is a newer player and can only learn from that. I'm not sure who Dr. Reuniclus is but I noticed he has a 5-4 sheet record, but now he has been accidentally put on as public enemy number one by some of the community as Perish Song 11.5Ked him for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON. I once again am not sure if the last five players are capable or well versed at all, but this could be their big breaks I suppose to prove themselves. Overall this team is probably the worse team in the draft. There really isn't that much chemistry from what I can see, there is a lot of unproven and perhaps questionable picks, and this team will do or die based on Decem's actions, and therefore I do not see this team making the playoffs whatsoever.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 4.08.57 AM.png

cells milotics %22woat- mock draft.png

:Treecko: Trick House Treeckos :Treecko:

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 1.02.20 PM.png

The Trick House Treecko's took over the Two Island Tapu's from MPL V this time with the racist Philadelphia manager core of Wanka and Luckypiper. Vast improvements have already been made to the franchise as they have upgraded from that dollar store value Tapu's logo which was used last year. Wanka will look to make a stand in this MPL playing ORAS to improve on a great LTPL performance where he played SM. If everything pans out when it comes to his motivation and interest he could win 4-5 games. BROOO HELLO??? Luckypiper will have the daunting task of being cannoned playing the BO3 slot. I do think Luckypiper can hold is own in SM, however, I am not confident about his SS, ORAS, and BW skills. It wouldn't be farfetched to predict him to go negative while in this stacked Bo3 pool, but he could potentially prove us wrong and go positive. Metariolu7 was the Treecko's retain who came at a very cheap price. Meta is both a very capable SS and SM player and is looking to improve on his 2-4 MPL record in MPL VI and I predict him to win 4-5 games with support from the most expensive player in the draft. Who may that be ?? Perhaps the biggest overpay in the history of MPL is Floss who went for 24K LMFAOOOOO WHAT. He did beat me in the finals of the Monotype Spring Seasonals a couple months ago, and he also actually had a good BLT performance but this price is still fairly high LOL. I will say that he prides himself on good building while teching one supereffective berry on his mons LOOOOL and using heat like Extreme Speed Alolan Raichu, but that being said, the odds that he lives up to this price tag are probably pretty low, but it is possible and I believe he could attain 4-5 wins as he is a very well versed SS Monotype players when it comes down to it. The Treecko's then dropped another 21K on Prosaic directly after Floss. Despite his constant use of racist jokes about black fathers, he is amongst the worst examples of loyalty, commitment and communication in the community as shown by him ditching US West mid-tour in monotype wcop without even a warning. At least those black fathers he jokes about make an excuse before they leave LOOOOL. The Treecko's appeared to be in search for an SM player and Prosaic is well versed in said tier and is a very capable builder as well with quite a few individual accomplishments throughout the generation to boot. LMAOOO 14.5K Bouff?? since when is there Monothreat in this tour???? im not sure what made this price tag possible but with Floss and Meta's support I can see him doing solid. Crashy appears to not have the interest in playing ORAS Monotype but is taking on the task of playing BW Monotype, This slot will be in question for the Treecko's, but if he plays the tic-tac-toe (as my friend ISZA once said) correctly he might be able to finish positive here. Jase Duken (LMFAO this man really got snaked by the Honchcrows bruh) is a fine ORAS backup for Wanka if he ever decides to shift to SM not much else to say here. Adjustments is a fine SS builder + sub player and for 3K he can probably provide that value to the team fairly easily. LMFAO Piper really drafting his goons now, the anime vibes are very much present on this team, normally I would say Taide can be a solid SM sub for 3K but he just went like 0-5 in BLT 2 months ago LOL. RandomPizza??? Hello??? ight im just going to skip over that user. Martha comes back for another MPL this time with the Treeckos and she appears to be starting? and in SM too?? for some reason. Lastly Vivalos Pride is a capable UU player, im not sure how that will translate to Mono, but him and Wanka are definitely the heart and soul of this team. Overall the Trick House Treecko's raise a lot of question marks. A few potential overpays in Floss, Bouff and Prosaic, a few questionable weeb selections in Taide and Random Pizza LOL?, and questionable management if Wanka just dips mid-tour. One thing is for sure, and that is the fact that the Treecko's seems to be motivated, the motivation might be invested in jerking instead of playing LOL, thus I have this team missing the playoffs by a fringe margin.

Floss chope diggersby.png

:Honchkrow: Hearthome Honchkrows :Honchkrow:

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 1.02.28 PM.png

Lycan and Sabella are back yet again with the Honchkrows in 2020 accompanied by none other than permabanned user PK-Kaiser LOL. These two are by far the most high profile manager core in the tour as they both participate in many officials such as SPL. Their keen drafting is also what sets them apart from other teams most years, however, it appears as though this season may be different as they have not been able to keep up with current-gen Monotype and have mostly drafted tournament players with no reliable building support from the mainers. Lycan will look to play in the BO3 Multigen and is very capable in SM, ORAS, and BW. He has recently picked up SS Monotype as well thus potentially making him appear very dominant in this pool. Sabella is slotted in at BW and is very experienced in the tier and should do well here as well. Star was a very solid 16K retain and in most years would do well with some current-gen building.....problem is the Honchkrows do not appear to have that among their players LMFAO. The same can be said for Gama and Gondra who went for very good prices otherwise but would benefit even more from someone to build CG teams for them. Ima signed up only to sub so there's that. Xiri did well last year and might have to step up and build some SS Monotype for the crows cuz who else is there. Firnen is probably the only SS Builder on the team and even then that's the best you're going to get,with Firnen as your main builder things look dire, he sure is creative but in his case its a gift. He has been seen to use some god awful things like Silvally on Normal and AV Dracovish. The Architect is here but Jase Duken and Crashy are not LOL. Luckily for him, he won't be the cringiest poster on the team this year, as Yami is also on this squad. Levi isn't a high profile ORAS player, to begin with, but he definitely is capable enough to pull out some wins with support from Sabella and Yami. JT is there to probably provide some SS insight and create art, Chras is there to create memes LOL, and Kaiser is just waiting to get unbanned behind the scenes LMFAOOOOOO. Overall the Hearthome Honchkrows definitely have a chance to make playoffs if they can get their SS Monotype building issues fixed whether that is via trade or via someone feeding them teams they can perhaps win the whole tournament with the tour players legion. But as it stands now, with Firnen and Jolly Togekiss as their SS builders, shit is looking grim unless Sabella and Lycan can learn this generation and start feeding teams here too. The Krows also need to rely on their motivation staying throughout the tour and hopefully, Lycan and Sabella can keep that in check (however I've heard their discord is apparently dead already LOL).

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 5.53.16 AM.png

:Houndoom-mega: Hau'oli Houndooms :Houndoom-mega:

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 1.02.34 PM.png

The Hau'oli Houndooms decided to finally rebrand and change their trash name from last season (The Cinnabar Charizards). Maroon and Harpp are back for yet another attempt to win in MPL. I personally am not sure what compels this manager duo to remain together but they miraculously managed to reach the Semifinals last season and hope to make the playoffs again. Maroon will be playing ORAS and with a solid ORAS sheet record for himself I expect him to win at least 4 games if he doesn't tilt out of that slot LMFAO. Harpp although he hasn't had the greatest team tour showing as of late going 3-5 last MPL, is looking to rekindle the SM Monotype dominance he once had in MPL 4 and in various individuals, and I expect him to win around 4-5 games in SM and SS this time around. North ended up being a 20K retain by the Houndooms, boasting a 7-1 record last year in BW he expects to do just as well and I can expect him to win at least 5 games. Trichotomy also decided to accept the retain price of a very cheap 15K in an effort to potentially being surrounded by a more talented team with more funds available. Coming off of a strong MPL last year in addition to winning the Monotype Multigen Seeded Tour which just finished a few weeks ago, I expect Trichotomy to do well in this tour with at least 5 wins. The Houndooms then elected to pick up SS Monotype player and capable builder Fylkir Pudin, who had a solid Monotype BLT in addition to winning the Monotype Generations multi-gen tour. His timezone is pretty aids (GMT+12?) so he will def be able to act fish for some wins this tour and hopefully got positive. And finally, we reach to yet another massive overpay in the draft, when the Houndooms decided to drop 22K on me LOOOOOOL. What a bold move by them to spend that much on me considering I was 0K last MPL. Tough luck for Trichotomy who took the cheaper retain of 15K in hopes to get a more stacked team, only for the Houndooms to overpay 22K for my ass LMFAOOO!! This after Maroon said he doesn't care for North or Trichotomy's advice on budgeting since he's an expert. I did manage to do solid in LTPL a while ago and ended up winning the tour which is something I guess. I also have been doing well in the individual SS Monotype tournaments so perhaps this created some sort of recency bias. Overall it's going to be almost impossible to try and live up to this astronomical price, but at least ill be able to have the versatility to slot in multiple tiers and build them as well, in addition to putting the SS Monotype burden on myself for the team. Moving on after one power move, the Houndooms didn't stop right there adding DaysforDabs as a potential SM slot/sub for 3K, apparently, his attitude has changed as he was giving away $20 donations for MPL tryouts. The Houndooms bought SPL player Quaze who isn't familiar with Monotype but with teambuilding support from Fylkir and others, he should do well when called upon. Cam was bought for a very low price of 3K, and is very capable of playing SM, ORAS and BW, his low cost and past MPL experience should help the Houndooms nicely. The last of the bold decisions the Houndooms decided to make was drafting "I Could Be Banned" and permalocked user Zugubu Royale. Due to these infractions, his price was fairly cheap for about 6.5K and should do well in SS Monotype as he is a very capable builder himself and has done well in both seasonals thus far. Lastly, the Houndooms added (former Minior) HMNIP to complete the core with Quaze and is a fine sub spot. Overall this team has quite the different types of users, on paper, the team has skilled players and should do fairly well, North and Trich doing well in their respective slots, a very versatile SS-SM core of Harpp, Zugubu Royale, Cam, Fylkir Pudin, and company, and the ORAS slot being slotted by Maroon. But in play, the team chemistry and motivation are up in the air really as there is a wide selection of players and attitudes on this team and it would be up to Maroon and Harpp to find the ingredients to repeat a playoff birth.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 6.02.08 AM.png

:Darkrai: Dreamyard Darkrais :Darkrai:

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 1.02.40 PM.png

Lastly, we move onto the Dreamyard Darkrai's who decided to take over the excuse of a team called the Cherrygrove Cherubi's in MPL V. Kev and Izaya looked to join forces to take a WOAT franchise from last season to the playoffs in MPL VI. Although there is no Monothreat Kev finds himself in the position to succeed in the current SS Monotype pool and get 4-5 wins, he also has the ability to help build in SM and ORAS. Izaya did well last MPL with a solid record of 4-2 in ORAS last year and has bought himself for 20K LOL, however, he has no ORAS Monotype teams to my knowledge (according to cell). In this pool, I can see Izaya popping off for 4 wins if the motivation is there and he listens to enough Nav. Dugza was a very cheap 10K retain for the Darkrais, With how he has performed in the last iteration of MPL and the individuals since then, I believe he can secure 5 wins at least. The biggest wildcard of the team is Zukushiku who was bought for 19K, whether they will be active or not is the question as to my knowledge they dipped have way through MPL V, but if they can stay active and motivated they could be the x-factor for the Darkrais in the loaded Bo3 spot and I can see them pull out 4-5 wins. Feliburn and Evigaro make up the RU core who's been competing in past MPLs for a while now. Both are very capable players in SM and SS and should have no problems with Dugza and Kev building. The second part of Kevin's core is 7K Ssalbap, nobody actually knows if he is going to play a game or even be around due to his motivation (or lack-there-of) and has already started cancering with the managers for the 2nd tour in a row. Trace is a serviceable BW slot for the Darkrai's who struggled with a 1-4 record last MPL. Alpha Rabbit is an 8K sub-slot it appears but is able to slot in comfortably when called upon. Arifeen finds himself in ORAS Monotype as some would believe is a 3K bargain and others believe he is washed up. Col49 makes up the other part of the Nav fan core as a sub. Lastly, Kaguya Lys had a very decent BLT and Seeded tour showing a couple of months ago and could be a decent pickup although the price tag was 8.5K. Overall the Darkrai's definitely have a shot at making the playoffs, although it rests on the shoulders of Zukushiku being active and motivated throughout and bouncing back from his disappointing season last year. Dugza will have to step up building SM for the entire team which he is capable of doing, and their SS slots are quite shaky aside from Kev.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 1.47.50 AM.png

Final Power Rankings:

1. Goldenrod Gengars
2. Meteor Falls Miniors
3. Blackthorn Bucks
4. Hau' oli Houndoom
5. Dreamyard Darkrais
6..Hearthome Honchkrows
7.Trick House Treeckos

8. Mirage Island Milotics

Overall I think the teams are quite close in terms of relative skill and impact this year which cannot be said about other iterations and that anything could really happen this season. Teams 3-7 could be interchangeable with ease, I had a tough time evaluating an order for those middle group of teams each time I re-read the transcripts of each team. It also something to point out that the focus of the managers clearly was to get current gen builders to do the work for the team thus the various amounts of overpays. With tons of new faces and new rebrands, this will be quite the fun and most surprising MPL.

Attachments

Last edited:
"Despite his constant use of racist jokes about black fathers, he is amongst the worst examples of loyalty, commitment and communication in the community as shown by him ditching US West mid-tour in monotype wcop without even a warning. At least those black fathers he jokes about make an excuse before they leave LOOOOL."

Splash , I feel a bit betrayed you didn't come seek me out and have me proofread this PR after I helped you revise your school essays for free out of my warm-hearted generosity..

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Milotics text interview.png

Hello monotype community! Today I have a text-based interview as irl issues have prevented Perish Song from being able to do voice chat. As you all know, he is one of the managers for the Mirage Island Milotics and a first-time MPL manager. His thoughts on his draft, drama, and Co-manager can be seen in the interview below:

Q: How do you feel about your draft? Was there anyone you feel like you missed or got taken away from you?

A: I dont feel too bad about our draft honestly. Our initial plan was to get self-sufficient ORAS and BW slots to focus more on SS and SM, which I think we accomplished that with Cell and Freeroamer but failed the second part a bit. I would love to get Prosaic to pair up with Empo, they'd form a dangerous SM core I think and we definitively should've upbid him when we had enough credits to force it.

Q: Which gen do you think you are the strongest in, and which one do you think you are the weakest in?

A: I am absolutely trash on ORAS and my greatest is probably SS.

Q: Who do you think is the biggest threat to your team right now?

A: Biggest threat in our team right now is Decem's teambuilder. Get ready for triple Scarf Poison.

Q: Which players do you think we should keep an eye on?

A: Yedla has been most impressive to my eyes amongst every people we tried out. He is currently in seasonals R9, he had a good run last seasonals as well. He's playing pretty much everyday on ladder and always testing/improving. He also did pretty good in his tryouts and I hope he carries that on in MPL.

Q: What are your predictions for how this MPL is going to go, any exciting upsets or players on the come-up?

A: This is hard to answer because I think teams are very close to each other in terms of potential. We have so many good matchups and names to observe in this 2 months marathon so this MPL will definitively be fun for spectators.

Q: What were your thoughts on this rather unusual draft?

A: This was my first ever auction draft so its safe to admit that there were crazy moments by me, most notably .20 Empo and .11 on the ending lol. But overall there have been some other weird moments involving players like ima, Ssalbap, Arifeen, and Got Cookies. Overall this was a weird draft from many aspects and nothing else needs to be said about it lol.

Q: What was your rationale for the people you drafted, do you feel like they all work together really well, very solid in their gens, etc.?

A: What we did was pretty much going aggressive over people we'd enjoy their company in the team, and also very solid at their respective gens.

Q: Any players you were shocked didn't get in? Any players you were shocked that did get in?

A: You and Thunderbirds not making it are a bit suprising for me, considering how much effort you guys put into this.

Q: I noticed you have quite a few tour players on your team that don't main monotype. What is your reasoning behind that for those who aren't familiar with Premier Leagues?

A: The tour players I have drafted all have some sort of Premier League experience from another tier, and have played Monotype one way or another. So we thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to combine the two together.

Q: Any tips for those who didn't make it?

A: Never give up and keep working hard to achieve your goals.

Q: Do you like managing with Decem?

A: Decem is one of my best friends from monotype. He's super invested in this and is good at pumping up morale so I do enjoy managing with him.

Q: What is your reaction to the [explative] Perish Song memes?

A: Based on what I did, I knew something like that bound to happen. Of course since memes are memes, they shouldn't really be taken seriously and people who know me good probably knows that I don't really care, but I must admit myself that what I did was horribly wrong and I apologize from the community that I clearly underestimated what this means for people and the community. As a Room Owner I was always a believer of giving chances to people, and I have no idea what the fuck I was thinking and to be completely contradictory my own beliefs for any particular reason.

Q: What would you like to accomplish this MPL?

A: Since I was too busy hosting tours left and right I didn't really invested too much in playing before? So I most certainly push myself here find my limit and overcome it. I hope to get a positive result at least.

Q: Any closing remarks?

A: I wish every team good luck and lets have a fun tournament together. :)

Thank you Perish Song for taking the time out of your day to do this! I will be interviewing Decem separately as I have a lot to talk about with him and it would also make this post waaaaay to long. Expect the next interview at around 2:30pm EST with the Trick House Treeckos!

Last edited:

Vodoom

is a Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
View attachment 254980

Hello monotype community! Today I have a text-based interview as irl issues have prevented Perish Song from being able to do voice chat. As you all know, he is one of the managers for the Mirage Island Milotics and a first-time MPL manager. His thoughts on his draft, drama, and Co-manager can be seen in the interview below:

Q: How do you feel about your draft? Was there anyone you feel like you missed or got taken away from you?

A: I dont feel too bad about our draft honestly. Our initial plan was to get self-sufficient ORAS and BW slots to focus more on SS and SM, which I think we accomplished that with Cell and Freeroamer but failed the second part a bit. I would love to get Prosaic to pair up with Empo, they'd form a dangerous SM core I think and we definitively should've upbid him when we had enough credits to force it.

Q: Which gen do you think you are the strongest in, and which one do you think you are the weakest in?

A: I am absolutely trash on ORAS and my greatest is probably SS.

A: Biggest threat in our team right now is Decem's teambuilder. Get ready for triple Scarf Poison.

A: Yedla has been most impressive to my eyes amongst every people we tried out. He is currently in seasonals R9, he had a good run last seasonals as well. He's playing pretty much everyday on ladder and always testing/improving. He also did pretty good in his tryouts and I hope he carries that on in MPL.

Q: What are your predictions for how this MPL is going to go, any exciting upsets or players on the come-up?

A: This is hard to answer because I think teams are very close to each other in terms of potential. We have so many good matchups and names to observe in this 2 months marathon so this MPL will definitively be fun for spectators.

A: This was my first ever auction draft so its safe to admit that there were crazy moments by me, most notably .20 Empo and .11 on the ending lol. But overall there have been some other weird moments involving players like ima, Ssalbap, Arifeen, and Got Cookies. Overall this was a weird draft from many aspects and nothing else needs to be said about it lol.

Q: What was your rationale for the people you drafted, do you feel like they all work together really well, very solid in their gens, etc.?

A: What we did was pretty much going aggressive over people we'd enjoy their company in the team, and also very solid at their respective gens.

Q: Any players you were shocked didn't get in? Any players you were shocked that did get in?

A: You and Thunderbirds not making it are a bit suprising for me, considering how much effort you guys put into this.

Q: I noticed you have quite a few tour players on your team that don't main monotype. What is your reasoning behind that for those who aren't familiar with Premier Leagues?

A: The tour players I have drafted all have some sort of Premier League experience from another tier, and have played Monotype one way or another. So we thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to combine the two together.

A: Never give up and keep working hard to achieve your goals.

Q: Do you like managing with Decem?

A: Decem is one of my best friends from monotype. He's super invested in this and is good at pumping up morale so I do enjoy managing with him.

Q: What is your reaction to the [explative] Perish Song memes?

A: Based on what I did, I knew something like that bound to happen. Of course since memes are memes, they shouldn't really be taken seriously and people who know me good probably knows that I don't really care, but I must admit myself that what I did was horribly wrong and I apologize from the community that I clearly underestimated what this means for people and the community. As a Room Owner I was always a believer of giving chances to people, and I have no idea what the fuck I was thinking and to be completely contradictory my own beliefs for any particular reason.

Q: What would you like to accomplish this MPL?

A: Since I was too busy hosting tours left and right I didn't really invested too much in playing before? So I most certainly push myself here find my limit and overcome it. I hope to get a positive result at least.

A: I wish every team good luck and lets have a fun tournament together. :)

Thank you Perish Song for taking the time out of your day to do this! I will be interviewing Decem separately as I have a lot to talk about with him and it would also make this post waaaaay to long. Expect the next interview at around 2:30pm EST with the Trick House Treeckos!
when is ur colab with MetaRiolu7?

Heres you're completely unbiased and extremely lazy Power Rankings
As requested by Omega

1. Hau'oli Houndooms
Probably the most solid team. I don't know who HMNIP is but North is a BW monster. I'd expect pretty much every other player to either play a good game or win. Not a whole lot of bad to say. they might get overconfident and choke.

2. Meteor Falls Miniors
I feel like I see Attribute, Ridley, GotCookies, Conflux, Leru, Bitana on a team together extremely often. They usually put up good results and aside from cookies and confluxx (Choke Masters) the whole team is good as well. Shiba and Alkione are decent support while p2 can end up getting slept on. No knowledge on Cae tho. Although Confluxx is a choke master he will still end up doing well.

3. Blackthorn Bucks
The Bucks are led by Haven and Zarif which I can only imagine how chaotic their team will be. Although this is the most hit or miss team drafted. They can either go 1-7 or 7-1. Havens and Jyph are the weakest members of what will end up being their main lineup. Havens is not as bad as everyone says he is but he's definitely not the greatest (Record wise) and tends to choke. Jyph used to be pretty solid but now he's kinda washed up. Lax, SirSkit, Sae, As long as the motivation is there they will have good records in this tournament. Vodoom is probably the biggest coin flip he will either have an extremely good game or get 0-6 and ragequit after week 2. Kythr has the potential to do well but fairly new to say just yet. I expect Cata to mainly help with building rather than putting up wins but maybe ill be surprised. The rest of their picks just felt like they had leftover money.

4. Goldenrod Gengars
Although they are the returning champs they took a big hit drafting themselves again limiting the potential of other players that they can pull (Budget wise). Zap and chai the most toxic manager combination will surely still put up good numbers. Peachy is overhyped but still a really good player. With Feitan not playing Bo3 I don't expect as good results, he should still put up a # of wins. Toadow I believe will actually become more of a bust than a sleeper, although he has the potential to be either. Nailec and Croven are both coin flips but not as good as the bucks coin flips. Aside from the ladder no real knowledge on the rest of the players.

5. Hearthome Honchkrows
The Honchkrows are full of tournament players and builders. I don't know if anyone on their team even plays SS so they look like they will just be trying to 5-3 every week. Sabella in Bw and Lycan in Bo3 should do fine but the majority of Bo3 players are good and will be tough matchups. While for Bw Sabella is 2nd best for those slotted. On top of that with other tournaments coming up its hard to scale their motivation for this tournament. If they end up learning SS in the first week they will have more potential but as of right now this why they get the 5th spot.

6. Trick House Treeckos
Managed by Wanka and Piper should be fine for the most part. I do think Floss is the best SS slotted player and will probably have the best record for SS, so worth the 24k. Piper has shown skill in his battles but I can't say Bo3 is the slot for him. They have Bouff and MTR7 as their other SS slots which show they have a strong SS core in addition to Floss. Prosaic probably won't care much for this tournament but he can be expected to put up good results. Crashy is here looking to secure his 4th ring and with the right prep he could bring that. I expect to see a lot of building arguments from this team.

From here on out, I'm not expecting the greatest results from these 2 teams
7. Mirage Island Milotics
Decem has made name for himself yet his team is pretty risky. Empo is a good player but with other tournaments coming up his focus might not all be there. On top of this he is still quite inexperienced when it comes to monotype. His SS line up is nonexistent without a good builder. I just don't think Decem will be wanting to build 5 teams every week. Although most of the players he picked are non-mainstream players so respect can be given that he wants to give other players a chance while still hoping to put up good results. Hopefully his team can rally but the fact of the matter is that they don't have as much of a record to back up the skill as other teams.

8. Dreamyard Darkrais
Almost every player on team are choke masters. Kev will probably go even this tournament. Bap is a coinflip depending on who builds his team. As long as Zuku doesn't tilt should go positive. Dugza can be a good builder and probably will scout to try and get the best MU. The rest of the players will go even in a best-case scenario.

I was randomly told to do a PR in the discord mono and so here it is. It's really lazy writing but I think it's efficient enough. I'm pretty certain about the first 2 positions and the last 2 positions. but both Trickhouse Treekos and Hearthome Honckrows have the biggest breakout potential. So they have the potential to be higher. At the end of the day though SS is pretty trash so guess Lycan had the right idea.

Heres you're completely unbiased and extremely lazy Power Rankings
As requested by Omega

1. Hau'oli Houndooms
Probably the most solid team. I don't know who HMNIP is but North is a BW monster. I'd expect pretty much every other player to either play a good game or win. Not a whole lot of bad to say. they might get overconfident and choke.

2. Meteor Falls Miniors
I feel like I see Attribute, Ridley, GotCookies, Conflux, Leru, Bitana on a team together extremely often. They usually put up good results and aside from cookies and confluxx (Choke Masters) the whole team is good as well. Shiba and Alkione are decent support while p2 can end up getting slept on. No knowledge on Cae tho. Although Confluxx is a choke master he will still end up doing well.

3. Blackthorn Bucks
The Bucks are led by Haven and Zarif which I can only imagine how chaotic their team will be. Although this is the most hit or miss team drafted. They can either go 1-7 or 7-1. Havens and Jyph are the weakest members of what will end up being their main lineup. Havens is not as bad as everyone says he is but he's definitely not the greatest (Record wise) and tends to choke. Jyph used to be pretty solid but now he's kinda washed up. Lax, SirSkit, Sae, As long as the motivation is there they will have good records in this tournament. Vodoom is probably the biggest coin flip he will either have an extremely good game or get 0-6 and ragequit after week 2. Kythr has the potential to do well but fairly new to say just yet. I expect Cata to mainly help with building rather than putting up wins but maybe ill be surprised. The rest of their picks just felt like they had leftover money.

4. Goldenrod Gengars
Although they are the returning champs they took a big hit drafting themselves again limiting the potential of other players that they can pull (Budget wise). Zap and chai the most toxic manager combination will surely still put up good numbers. Peachy is overhyped but still a really good player. With Feitan not playing Bo3 I don't expect as good results, he should still put up a # of wins. Toadow I believe will actually become more of a bust than a sleeper, although he has the potential to be either. Nailec and Croven are both coin flips but not as good as the bucks coin flips. Aside from the ladder no real knowledge on the rest of the players.

5. Hearthome Honchkrows
The Honchkrows are full of tournament players and builders. I don't know if anyone on their team even plays SS so they look like they will just be trying to 5-3 every week. Sabella in Bw and Lycan in Bo3 should do fine but the majority of Bo3 players are good and will be tough matchups. While for Bw Sabella is 2nd best for those slotted. On top of that with other tournaments coming up its hard to scale their motivation for this tournament. If they end up learning SS in the first week they will have more potential but as of right now this why they get the 5th spot.

6. Trick House Treeckos
Managed by Wanka and Piper should be fine for the most part. I do think Floss is the best SS slotted player and will probably have the best record for SS, so worth the 24k. Piper has shown skill in his battles but I can't say Bo3 is the slot for him. They have Bouff and MTR7 as their other SS slots which show they have a strong SS core in addition to Floss. Prosaic probably won't care much for this tournament but he can be expected to put up good results. Crashy is here looking to secure his 4th ring and with the right prep he could bring that. I expect to see a lot of building arguments from this team.

From here on out, I'm not expecting the greatest results from these 2 teams
7. Mirage Island Milotics
Decem has made name for himself yet his team is pretty risky. Empo is a good player but with other tournaments coming up his focus might not all be there. On top of this he is still quite inexperienced when it comes to monotype. His SS line up is nonexistent without a good builder. I just don't think Decem will be wanting to build 5 teams every week. Although most of the players he picked are non-mainstream players so respect can be given that he wants to give other players a chance while still hoping to put up good results. Hopefully his team can rally but the fact of the matter is that they don't have as much of a record to back up the skill as other teams.

8. Dreamyard Darkrais
Almost every player on team are choke masters. Kev will probably go even this tournament. Bap is a coinflip depending on who builds his team. As long as Zuku doesn't tilt should go positive. Dugza can be a good builder and probably will scout to try and get the best MU. The rest of the players will go even in a best-case scenario.

I was randomly told to do a PR in the discord mono and so here it is. It's really lazy writing but I think it's efficient enough. I'm pretty certain about the first 2 positions and the last 2 positions. but both Trickhouse Treekos and Hearthome Honckrows have the biggest breakout potential. So they have the potential to be higher. At the end of the day though SS is pretty trash so guess Lycan had the right idea.
Fuck is this nonsense

Every Post you make in this thread will be another MPL without you in it.
And please stop calling Zap and I toxic when people like Luckypiper exist :fukyu:

Monotype Premier League VI - Power Rankings
Written by Zap , Chaitanya , Ticken, Attribute and LuckyPiper
Rankings done by managers from each team, with major help from Ticken

:dragapult: SS :dragapult:

1st. :treecko: Trick House Treeckos :treecko:
Floss (2), Metariolu7 (7), Bouff (15)

The Treeckos are leading the SS pool with the most expensive player in the tournament at #2 with Floss. After winning the only SS Mono Seasonal, Flossed Over's first time in MPL looks to be a tough one as he's going to have to be creating strong new teams to keep the SS slots of the Treeckos living up to expectations. This could be what makes or breaks the tour for them. He's followed by the retain Metariolu7 who had a mediocre MPL last year but has since then been showing a lot of promise in tours like Mono circuit and performing well in some other tiers. With the support of Floss, Metariolu7 is expected to have a pretty strong showing here and get himself a pretty good record. Rounding out the core is gonna be Bouff, who's been doing well in some seasonals and managed to get a record of 3-1 in MPL 5, hopefully with the right support he'll be able to win a few games for the Treeckos this tour.

2nd. :houndoom: Hau'oli Houndooms :houndoom:
Splash (6), Zugubu Royale (10), Fylkir Pudin (11)

Next up is the Houndooms with a very solid SS core of their own. First we've got Splash(brutha) who managed to go from throwing a fit after going undrafted last year, to being #6 in the SS pool and one of the most expensive players in the tournament. Hopefully he can back up all the hype and put up a solid record for his team here. Next up we have Zugubu Royale, assuming he manages to stay unbanned for the tour he should be able to put up a solid record, but all it takes is one loss to someone he thinks is bad for things to go sour very quickly. And lastly Mono Gens winner Fylkir Pudin rounds out the Houndooms SS core and looks to be making a name in his first big tour as well. Hopefully he'll be able to keep up what he did in Gens and grab himself a few wins here.

3rd.:minior: Meteor Falls Miniors:minior:
Conflux (3), Leru (5), Alkione (21)

The Miniors seem to have rebranded under new management with almost an entirely new lineup of players, as they managed to get the 3rd player in the "never played in mpl but went for over 20k" trio Conflux(x), he should be able to definitely put up a solid record although it looks like building is going to be up to him so hopefully he'll be able to do this without much support. Next up is Leru, returning from a (mandatory) break as he didn't compete in the last MPL, but he's still expected to do well as he was one of the best players in monotype prior to his (mandatory) break. With building support from namion Conflux, he should be able to put up a positive record. Lastly we have Alkione, one of the three musketeers from last years Miniors who is still riding the "beat Chait with fire" train. Alkione is very unproven in SS so he's gonna be more of a question mark going into these games.

4th. :gengar: Goldenrod Gengars :gengar:
Feitan the Steam (4), Toadow (12), Averardo (16)

The Gengars landing in the middle of the SS Pool as they're lead off by 21k retain Feitan the Steam, Who managed to put together a 6-3 Record In the Bo3 Pool last year, he's expected to perform about the same and have a really strong showing here. Hopefully his skill hasn't fallen off from previous gens because the Gengars are gonna need to get their moneys worth out of this retain. Next off is Toadow, another returning Gengar who's expected to have a pretty average record. He's got two of his french buddies for support and knows a good amount of the team from last MPL so he could do better than expected here, but we'll have to see. And lastly we have Averardo, someone who has recently got into Monotype but is a strong player in other tiers, he will likely need interactive teammates and building support if he wants to do well in this pool.

5th. :darkrai: Dreamyard Darkrais :darkrai:
Kev (9), Ssalbap (13), Kaguya Lys (18)

The Darkrais with an all around average ranking for the SS pool, led by Monothreat main Kev who should be able to have a pretty decent time in this pool as he's known as a not bad overall mono player. He seems to be really motivated to prove himself outside of threat so hopefully he'll be able to do that here. He's followed by Ssalbap who is probably the biggest wildcard of the pool. While he does have his moments of brilliance, he also has tours like MPL3 where he managed to go 0-7, and apparently is quite a hassle to deal with in teamchats. Ssalbap is for sure going to be the key to whether the SS slots of the Darkrais are a curse or a blessing. Lastly is Kaguya lys, not much is known here besides the fact that he's a nexus goon and he's had some decent seasonals games, but it's still his first time in a big team tournament and he's going to have something to prove.

6th. :honchkrow: Hearthome Honchkrows:honchkrow:
Star (8), Eternal Spirit (14), Firnen (19)

The Honchkrows are next, with their retain for the 2nd year in a row, Star, leading them off. Star is an amazing tournament player and despite a rough MPL 5 should be able to put up a good record as long as he get's some decent teams which could be possible with motivated players like Jolly Togekiss and Firnen also on the team. Next off for the Krows we have Eternal Spirit who most likely has never played Monotype before but his ability to play Pokemon in general is among the best, so with some good teams he should be able to play comfortably in SS Mono. Lastly the Krows have Firnen, one of the Monotype boomers who began playing a lot again when SS came out, He's motivated and definitely into SS so hopefully he's able to supply the other two with creative teams this season.

7th. :sawsbuck: Blackthorn Bucks :sawsbuck:
Lax (1), Havens (20), Kythr (22)

The Bucks manage to land themselves in the #7 Spot, Despite having a pretty cheap lax, who was ranked #1. Lax's motivation is going to be key here as he is known as a solid all-around player, and the Bucks are gonna need him to be playing good games to have a good run in SS this season. Next up we have Havens, one of the managers of the Bucks who had a pretty bad time last mpl going 1-7 and even losing games like Poison Vs Grass. He's going to have to put the bad Mono tours behind him for the Bucks SS to be anything other than Mediocre. Lastly Kythr, who's almost completely unproven outside of a few seasonals runs in SM and a decent MLT before dropping out. But in SS Kythr hasn't shown many results, so not much is expected of this slot. The bucks are gonna be relying on lax to fill the hole in their SS in this tour for sure.

8th. :milotic: Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:
le LLiolae (17), Toxanex (23), gorex (24)
Lastly we have the Milotics, with an overall pretty weird draft. They look to be leading their SS Pool with Le LLiolae, a player who hasn't had any good showings and hasn't been in an MPL before, but hopefully will be able to do alright as the Milotics will need somebody to if they want to have any chance at a good SS record. Next off Is Toxanex, an unproven player outside of Monothreat, however apparently he had 5k+ Lines in mono BLT so it can be assumed he's pretty motivated and a good teammate. Lastly the Milotics are gonna be finishing our their SS Slots with Gorex, not much is known outside of the fact that he's Decem's tutee so that's probably why he was ranked last, but he's going to hope to make this his breakout tour in Monotype.

:toxapex:SM :Toxapex:

1st. :gengar: Goldenrod Gengars :gengar:
Dahli (1), Zap (2)

The returning champions are the only team with two players that were ranked in single digits. At 1 and 2, they are quite obviously the best SM core to start off this tour. Dahli (God knows how) amassed one of the best seasons in MPL history going 9-1 and carrying the Gengars to a ring. Zap was his consistent self, putting up a solid result in 5-2. Even though the current TL is now a randbats main, he finds himself at the number two spot. With Chaitanya and Feitan to help with prep, expect a very good record from these two as they look to continue from their performances last year.

2nd. :darkrai: Dreamyard Darkrais :darkrai:
Dugza (5), Evigaro (11)

Darkrais lead by Dugza find themselves second. Dugza’s quick rise to mono fame has come within the last year, where he has gone 4-1 in MPL V, won the ribbon, and nearly went undefeated in blt. At a 10k retain, he is projected to be an absolute steal. His week 1 partner is Evigaro, who has had a decent amount of success in monotype tours with teambuilding help behind her. A very solid player who can be a little tilt prone, she is a key piece in the Darkrais playoffs hope. With proper support, she is definitely capable of finishing with a good record once again.

3rd. :houndoom: Hau'oli Houndooms :houndoom:
Harpp (3), Cam (14)

Quite a number of people have jumped off the Harpp train, but he finds himself ranked at third still. His team doesn’t have the best SM support, but he should be able to throw ideas off Dfd, Trichotomy, maroon and Cam. Coming off a very subpar MPL 5, monotypes favorite youtuber will be looking to bounce back. In the other SM slot we have Cam. Not sure anyone knows how much mono Cam has played since he was exiled/stepped down from staff, but he is a capable enough player if he is supported well.

4th(T).:minior: Meteor Falls Miniors:minior:
Bitana (4), Shiba (15)

Bitana finds himself at 4th coming off a solid MPL 5. He is surrounded by some very capable builders that should help him finish with a solid record once again. Shiba has been around for just about every mono tour and leaves a bit to be desired record wise. Not sure how invested Shiba will be, but if he shows interest, he is capable of doing decently. Otherwise, this could very easily be the Miniors weakest slot.

4th(T).:honchkrow: Hearthome Honchkrows:honchkrow:
Xiri (9), Gondra (10)

The Honchkrows SM core is the only SM core in the tournament that have both of their players not main Monotype. On one hand we have Monotype Circuit semi-finalist Xiri, looking to bounce back from a middling performance last MPL. On the other hand we have Gondra, who has never played Monotype before but is looking to replicate his dominant SPL run into Monotype. While motivation is something that can hold these two back, the support of their teammates...and Kaiser, may be able to aid this core into putting some respectable numbers.

6th(T).:milotic: Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:
Empo (7), Mateeus (13)

The Milotics, despite having ranked lowest SS, managed to not make it up in USUM by being ranked 6th here. With Empo being one of the Better Mono Players, He had a good LTPL run but doesn't do much building so it's gonna depend on his team support whether he does well here. Backing him up is gonna be Staravia main Mateeus, hoping to really perform here in his first MPL. He's made a big rise this past year and he's definitely thirsty for blood this season. Hopefully these 2 will be able to pull through and carry the bad guys but doesn't seem too likely.

6th(T).:sawsbuck: Blackthorn Bucks :sawsbuck:
Vodoom (8), Catalystic (12)

The bucks on the backend of the USUM pool leading it off with Vodoom who went 4-4 last MPL in a pretty decent pool so he'll be looking to have a good run this MPL too. Vodoom hopefully will stay motivated and cooperate with his team this season so they can have a decent run and carry the bucks to playoffs. Next is AMQ ,ain Catalystic, who managed to go undefeated in ORAS last MPL but didn't have the best time in SM. Hopefully Catalystic is able to get some good teams together and play some solid games. The bucks are definitely gonna be needing their SM spots to perform for a good shot at playoffs.

8th.:treecko:Trick House Treeckos :treecko:

Prosaic (6), Martha (16)

The Treeckos despite leading the SS pool, look to be at the bottom of the USUM Rankings. Their first Player Prosaic has had great solo tournaments, but has been heard to be a bad teammate after abandoning US West with no warning or reason. However with a bunch of Weebs and a few of his friends on the team hopefully he'll be able to play like he has shown he can in some of his seasonals games and MLT. Following him we have Martha, a rather unproven player who played a few games last MPL going 1-2, they'll have decent support with Prosiac, LuckyPiper, Floss, and Wanka so hopefully they can perform a bit above what's expected and get a few wins for the team.

:keldeo:ORAS:keldeo:

1st.:minior: Meteor Falls Miniors:minior:
Ridley (1)
The Miniors lead the ORAS pool with one of their 2 Managers, Ridley. Ridley was known as one of the best players in Monotype when oras was CG and even since then he has performed at a top level in the generation. Ridley had a mediocre 2-3 last MPL which he's gonna need to put behind him and get back into his stride if he wants to live up to expectations here, which we can probably expect since he's paired with longtime friend and another ORAS Monotype tryhard Attribute. These two's synergy and Ridleys ability to play will be put to the test this MPL for sure.

2nd.:treecko:Trick House Treeckos :treecko:
Wanka (2)

Coming off of an impressive LTPL II playing SM, wanka finds himself in his home tier of ORAS this MPL. Being known for playing ORAS for years, along with being in tune with the current meta, wanka is expected to do well in this pool. While there may be some concerns for activity, as seen from his decision of stepping down from Tier Leader, he has capable teammates such as Crashy and Jase Duken to help him out with teambuilding and testing if needed, making wanka one of the people to beat this season.

3rd.:milotic: Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:
Cell (3)

Resident ORAS tryhard Cell is back for another MPL season playing his home tier instead of playing something like Hidden Type. Things are different this time around though, as Cell does not have support as opposed to last year, having wanka and Sae as teammates. Despite this, he may be one of the few people in this pool that doesn't need it. Constantly building and playing the tier, Cell is no doubt familiar with the current meta, making him capable of succeeding in this pool.

4th. :houndoom: Hau'oli Houndooms :houndoom:
Maroon (4)

Competing in the ORAS slot for the second time as a full time starter, Hau'oli Houndooms manager maroon is back in hopes of dominating the competition this year. This season he finds himself with teammates such as Harpp, Splash, and trichotomy, who may help him accomplish this task. Putting up a 4-2 record in the ORAS slot last season, it is expected for maroon to put up a respectable performance against the competition.

5th. :gengar: Goldenrod Gengars :gengar:
Croven (5)

Former Monotype main and infamous team thief Croven makes his return to MPL to play his favorite Monotype generation after deciding not to sign up the previous year. Don't let his 1 year hiatus from monotype fool you though, as he as played in the latest Seeded Tournament and has played a couple games in the discord-hosted team tournament, ensuring he can hold his own against the rest of the pool. With good support behind him and his favorite Pokemon to use, Mega Medicham, being banned, it is likely to see Croven perform well in this pool, and of course, use more than 2 different teams this season.

6th.:sawsbuck: Blackthorn Bucks :sawsbuck:
Surskit (6)

SirSkit makes his return to the MPL stage after not participating in this tournament since it's third iteration. Playing something outside of Monothreat for the first time, questions arise as to whether or not he will perform well here. With many teammates who have played ORAS, most notably Sae, it is no question that they are able to catch him up to the current meta. If SirSkit is able to replicate the dominance he displays in a typical Monothreat pool into this ORAS pool, expect a great tournament from the Monotype veteran

7th. :darkrai: Dreamyard Darkrais :darkrai:
Arifeen (7)

FGO enthusiast Arifeen is back for another Monotype tournament, this time with a surprising price tag of 3k, 17k less than the year before. Arifeen can be seen as inconsistent by many, as he can be the best player in the tournament or someone that should be in the bench on any given day. With izaya by his side, Arifeen will be looking to prove that he was ranked unfairly and show that his 7-3 MPL IV was no fluke.

8th.:honchkrow: Hearthome Honchkrows:honchkrow:
Corporal Levi (8)​
  1. LC star Corporal Levi finds himself ranked last in what seems to be a somewhat competitive ORAS pool. Although Levi only plays Monotype whenever a team tournament comes around, he has played enough games in these tournaments to know what to expect, for the most part, in game. Backed by the support of his teammates and a certain banned user, Levi is aiming to surprise everyone.​
:excadrill: BW :excadrill:

1st. :houndoom: Hau'oli Houndooms :houndoom:
North (1)
Staying true to his origins, North returns as a front runner in the BW scene. While his type diversity is sparse, he makes up for it with his well-built teams and being able to out maneuver opponents when he finds an opportunity to do so. However, North is one of, if not the only, BW builders on his team and has been practicing VGC since last MPL season so we shall see if his first place seed will hold true or be a fragment of our expectations.

2nd.:milotic: Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:
Freeroamer (2)

Similar to North, Freeroamer prefers to stick to only a few types but each at a high level. He has great battling instincts, has the ability to capitalize on small opportunities to turn the tide of the battle in his favor, and goes on hot streaks when he's feeling it. While he can win multiple weeks in a row, he is also liable to losing multiple weeks in a row, evidence from last year's performance, and he has been known to experience motivational issues if the team's synergy is not where he wants it to be. Freeroamer has high highs but also has low lows so only time will tell how he fares this season.

3rd.:honchkrow: Hearthome Honchkrows:honchkrow:
Sabella (3)

Sabella is a Monotype old gens aficionado who jumps on the opportunity to play BW Monotype when one arises. He practices battling year-round in a variety of tiers and innovates on comfort types in BW Monotype, even ones rarely seen in competitive play, such as Flying but after factoring in his slow start last season where he started 0-2 and ended up going even, he finds himself just above the middle of the rankings. His ability to adapt to habits in combination with his years of expertise mark him as someone to watch out for in a tier where he's due for a demanding performance.

4th.:sawsbuck: Blackthorn Bucks :sawsbuck:
Jyph (4)

Jyph, another returning veteran of BW Monotype, finds himself in the middle of the pack due to his knowledge and innovative takes on the metagame in combination with his absence in the competitive battling scene. His type diversity is matched by few, seeing how he used - and won with - Fire last season with his back against the wall. He usually treads around an even record by the end of each season so will this be his tournament or will fate deal him a similar hand?

5th. :darkrai: Dreamyard Darkrais :darkrai:
Trace (5)

Trace has been in a lot of mono tours, without any real results. In total he has amassed a 8-11 record on the sheet thus far, which is serviceable for his price. Darkrais will be hoping his experience in his past tours can help him succeed here. His support is also quite dependent on how active former BW superstar Zukushiku will be. With another bw presence lacking for the Darkrais, Zukushiku staying active will be key to the whole team, and especially the bw spot. With enough help, look for trace to snag up a few wins.

6th.:minior: Meteor Falls Miniors:minior:
Caetano93 (6)

Apparently Cookies and Caetano are friends so maybe this will motivate the Doctor to invest some time into the meta. He is obviously a capable BW player in OU, and it should not take much of an effort to transfer these abilities to monotype. With Attribute and Ridley overseeing the building, Caetano should have some solid teams at his disposal that he will be able to pilot very handily. Of course he could very well end up with heatran-less steel, but barring garbage like this, he should be expected to put up a decent record in what might be the Miniors 'weakest' slot.

7th.:treecko:Trick House Treeckos :treecko:
Crashy (7)

Crashy had a decent showing for a part of his week 1 game, and then seemed to fall apart. These tendencies occur pretty often based on past games and the Treeckos will be looking to be rid of these mishaps ASAP. To add to the Treekos BW problem, there is not much support behind him. However if Wanka shows more activity and support with teambuilding, he can definitely pull through. This definitely looks to be a weak spot for the Treekos going forward, and they will most likely be very happy with a 50% record in an otherwise solid pool. Whether they get there or not is another question.

8th. :gengar: Goldenrod Gengars :gengar:
Avarice (8)

Avarice represents a new face to the BW Monotype environment, coming from UU, and finds them self at the bottom of the stack when compared to their tried and true competitors. As with anyone new, avarice does not have much to lose and has the potential to bring anything they want to. They have ample support with the rest of the Gengars, who won MPL V, so if avarice keeps their battling fundamentals from UU in mind they very well could make some upsets.

:hydreigon: Bo3 :hydreigon:

Chaitanya (1)

In first place we have current monotype TL Chaitanya. Known as one of the strongest monotype players in SM, his skills seem to transfer over to other gens as well. Having a consistently strong showing in monotype tours and seasonals, he is looking to continue that trend. The three latest gens seem to be no problem for him, with BW looking to be the only one where he lacks experience.

Trichotomy (2)

Trichotomy coming off a dominating record of 7-1 in MPL 5 and a recent win in Mono Seeded, it comes as a surprise that he is not ranked first. He has proven to be a very successful multi-gen Bo3 player and is expected to continue with his strong performance with good support that he has from the houndooms in all 4 gens.

3rd.:honchkrow: Hearthome Honchkrows:honchkrow:
1 True Lycan (3)

Lycan is ranked third in this pool, shocking as he was known as the best monotype player. He still puts up great records every tour and chances are he will once again. There are concerns that he is washed but time will tell if Lycan is still a force to be reckoned with.

4th.:minior: Meteor Falls Miniors:minior:
Attribute (4)

In fourth place we have attribute, a long time player who has always put up average performances. His strength comes from the team support and team building aspect that he provides, and the unique teams he brings like heatran-less steel.

5th.:sawsbuck: Blackthorn Bucks :sawsbuck:
Sae (5)

Sae finds himself fifth, a player that put up a great performance of 7-1 last MPL. The reason he is lower on the list is because of the competition in this slot as well as the fact that not many are confident in his current gen skills. However with good team support he should be able to keep up with the rest.

6th. :darkrai: Dreamyard Darkrais :darkrai:
Zukushiku (6)

Zukushiku, a solid oldgens player, previously known as one of the top monotype players finds himself 6th. This may be because of his lackluster performance last mpl with regards to his high price, as well as him not being as present for the current gen. If he is motivated he should be able to get the wins, and he does have the skills to pull through.

7th.:milotic: Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:
Decem (7)

Current monotype TL Decem or famously known as Ghost Cream finds himself ranked 7th. After a solid 5-2 performance in last MPL, he is looking to come back again to prove himself once more. There are concerns of him being in the Bo3 slot as he is not known for being a multi-gen player. Let's see if proper team support from the oldgens will land him a solid result this MPL.

8th.:treecko:Trick House Treeckos :treecko:
Luckypiper (8)

Luckypiper is an unproven player who has hardly any results to back up his name.Without any strong performances he finds himself 8th, and looks to catch veteran players off-guard via matchup or maybe his unproven skill. Looks like the treeckos are throwing an unexperienced player in Bo3 and betting on him doing well vs the strong competition.

:ditto: Overall Rankings :ditto:

SS (4), SM (1), ORAS (5), BW (8), Bo3 (1)

A solid draft from the returning champs, backed by the double TL core of Zap and Chait. The team also has many returning members that comprise of the starting lineup in Dahli, Feitan, and Toadow. They have also seemingly taken a liking to the French, drafting 3 of them, which may turn out to be a mistake. Overall the Gengars are looking to claim their second championship with their team.

SS (2), SM (3), ORAS (4), BW (1), Bo3 (2)

Former Cinnabar Charizards are back with a re-brand in name and now also team. With great players ranked high in all slots, the Houndooms led by Maroon and Harpp are looking to make a comeback after their loss in playoffs last MPL. Maybe the youtube star and webs gentleman can finally pull it off.

3rd.:minior: Meteor Falls Miniors:minior:
SS (3), SM (4), ORAS (1), BW (6), Bo3 (4)

Miniors with their entire team re-brand are back and still strong as ever. Finally drafting their best team builder cookies, things are looking up for them. With two prominent monotype players in Ridley and Attribute leading the team, they are a team to watch out for.

4th.:treecko:Trick House Treeckos :treecko:
SS (1), SM (8), ORAS (2), BW (7), Bo3 (8)

The Treeckos with their intriguing emojis have the first place in SS secured, but with not so great standings in the other slots. They really are a dark horse for this MPL and that is why they find themselves in the middle of the rankings. Wanka, the recently resigned TL and Luckypiper, are here to prove they can do well.

5th(T). :darkrai: Dreamyard Darkrais :darkrai:
SS (5), SM (2), ORAS (7), BW (5), Bo3 (6)

Tied for fifth are the Darkrais, led by Izaya and Monothreat main Kev. The Canadian duo is looking to make big waves this MPL. The team has the skills to be a great threat in the competition, but their teambuilding will need major revamping. Luckily Elf has had access to many cords and likely has stolen most of the Gengars teams.

5th(T).:honchkrow: Hearthome Honchkrows:honchkrow:
SS (6), SM (4), ORAS (8), BW (3), Bo3 (3)

Led by monotype veterans 1 True Lycan and Sabella, the Honchkrows also tied for fifth. Time seems to have taken a toll as the power house team is now looking to be a little washed. Their draft that consists of tour players ft. mono boomer Firnen will be a hit or miss, hopefully Namion can save the day. But do not sleep on them as Lycan and Booty remain a threat and are back looking to get another ring.

7th.:sawsbuck: Blackthorn Bucks :sawsbuck:
SS (7), SM (6), ORAS (6), BW (4), Bo3 (5)

In 7th place we have the Bucks, a veteran brand now backed by the odd duo of Havens and Zarif. Zarif being the only manager who didn't buy himself, along with Havens who was amongst the cheapest managers. One would think that with all that money leftover they might have drafted a better team, but the numbers do not seem to reflect that. However this team definitely has the tools necessary to come out strong, and if they can motivate their players they just might.

8th.:milotic: Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:
SS (8), SM (6), ORAS (3), BW (2), Bo3 (7)

In last place we have the classic RO duo of Decem and Perish Song. Both showed their true nature by snaking other players before the tour had even begun. Decem snaking his old partner Havens, and Perish Song snaking a bunch of hopeful monotype players by overbidding on his last player. Looks like karma came for them as they ended up ranked last. They do seem to be strong in the old gens department however, and if they can pull together for SS and SM, they can end up finishing strong.

That's all folks.

Individual Rankings

Alright I put all the games in one post so I dont clog this up

Last edited:

Namranan

:)))))))))))
darkrai's text interview.png

Hello Hello Hello everyone and welcome to a late (but albeit entertaining) interview with the Dreamyard Darkrai's manager and a good friend of mine Kev.

A: I am happy with how our draft went as it follows pretty closely to our expectations. All our players were in our drafts plans, and they all mesh well together well in terms of role on the team and in general getting along. We all have experience teaming with each other before; izaya and I have separately teamed with a few of our players in the past and I've managed 3 of them in past tours. Most of our players are from RU so they knew each other beforehand which helps with synergy. In terms of what could've been differently, I guess I can say I wish I got a few more Monotype mains because there's quite a few who got snubbed in the draft in my opinion, and they would be more driven to build and test. I guess I can say we missed out on newcomers whose motivation would be a great asset. In terms of players "taken away from us", we had a very extensive draft plan so there's plenty of people we wanted that went to other teams. If I had to name some it'd probably be Conflux, or Floss who could've synergies well to make a fun environment, and provide plenty of support. Izaya and I are friends with Conflux and wanted to team with him, and Floss is known for having pretty good prep, even supporting DugZa with his in his ribbon run. They went for a lot more than we expected and were willing to pay so that was unfortunate. We contemplated going higher on them, and other people we wanted, since we saved big time on Zukushiku but we thought up bidding on them at that stage would be too much of a gamble. Overall, the draft didn't go exactly as expected, but I'm very satisfied with the draft since we got players we wanted and I believe our team is very well rounded. There's a lot of flexibility with our lineup since we have many people that can fill every single slot depending on what we want to do.

A: This is a difficult question, because as I mentioned before we are a really rounded team in my opinion. I don't see us as particularly weak anywhere. If I had to pick the strongest, then I think it's fair to say that it's SM. DugZa is the ribbon holder after all, and has been putting up top performances for over a year. He's a strong builder and player, who will be able to support all our other SM options. Evigaro always puts up strong performances when put in the tier and our other options like Alpha Rabbit or basically every other member on the team has experience with the tier and will do well. All our Monotype main players (or former main) are also able to support DugZa in the prep for this gen. As for weakest, if I really had to choose I guess it'd be SS simply for the fact that it is so matchup dependant. Being the better players isn't always rewarded in SS, and sometimes it just comes down to if your opponent guessed the type right. For example in our week 1, if Ssalbap and I switched teams, which I had considered at one point, we most likely both won. I have bad luck with getting matchups and tend to second guess myself a lot, so that can be seen as a weakness in this gen.

A: As expected, I think our biggest threat is probably the Gengars or the Miniors. When I first saw the Gengars draft I didn't think it was that impressive, but then seeing it in a weekly lineup made me realize just how strong they are. It's pretty much impossible for them to be bad with the 4 players they entered the draft with. With those 4, they basically start every week with a tie at least. To top that off, they have another past Gengar in Toadow who has been putting up strong performances in Monotype individuals tours lately, and Croven who is a long time ORAS expert. The rest of their players are solid too, so they'll definitely be a big threat. As for the Miniors, despite getting Got Cookies first, they really invested their money on big names which worked out to make a strong looking lineup. With both their managers being good players, and being backed by Conflux, Bitana, Leru, I can't imagine this team missing playoffs like last year's Miniors did. Besides those 2, I think pretty much everyone has a shot at making playoffs besides the Milotics. It might come off dumb since we just tied them, but they did get a lot of good matchups, 6/8 of what they expected from what I heard, yet still only managed to tie us. If they continue with that level of matchup fishing they could have a chance too. If I had to make a playoffs prediction, I'd say it will be Gengars, Miniors, us, and then Bucks, maybe Houndooms or Honchkrows depending on how some of their slots do.

A: Well I guess the overpaid trifecta will be interesting to watch because they need to live up to the high expectations their managers have for them. It be worth seeing if their so called "advantage" in SS will actually work out like their managers expect. I think seeing how tournament players who haven't been in a monotype team tournament in the past like Gondra, Eternal Spirit, le LLiolae and Caetano93 will also be very interesting. These kind of players general do well, so I'm looking forward to see their way of playing. In terms of seasoned players who have enjoyable games, Zukushiku is always a much watch! If we are talking about monotype mains who are looking to make their name, I don't think any of the new/newer players in the tour are good enough to make much of a splash in the scene, besides Kaguya Lys and kythr. They are the best monotype main newcomers in the pool and I'm looking forward to their performances.

A: Naturally, the only thing I am going to predict is my team winning. In terms of exciting upsets, I can't really predict anything. I'm hoping for more exciting weeks like the first week, where all the series were super tight and there was a lot of "hype" comebacks like both the Honchkrows and my team going from a 0-4 position to a 3-4 one, although only we were able to complete the comeback. I just hope these stressful moments don't happen to my team again!

A: Unusual definitely is a good word to describe this draft which was probably the worst, with some actions making me wonder if some of the other managers knew this was the real deal and not a mock. The main thing weird thing about this was the generational shift with the top 3 most expensive players being new to MPL and the long time veterans, like Arifeen who has the most games on the sheet, going for extremely low prices. It was predicted that some managers were going to invest huge stock into SS but I didn't think it would actually go to this extent, or at least that they would be the most expensive players. It is very weird to see the highest price to be 24 K when that wouldn't even be top 5 prices in MPL 5. This is probably due to retains and more managers buying themselves than usual. There was also the Honchkrows upbidding each other which was weird. Of course, the biggest talking point of the draft is Perish Song. He made fun of there being so many mocks but maybe if he participated in or observed one he might've learned a thing or two about drafting. He blew out a lot of money unnecessarily by making huge jumps in his upbids. For example, he jumped to 20 on Empo and 12 on Mateeus when no one was going that high. He could've got both for a couple k less and saved up to invest more in other person or get more people. Speaking of getting more people, he did the worst thing I've ever seen in a draft by unnecessarily up bidding himself at the end, screwing over 2 players in a pool full of players who deserved to get picked. After tricking a manager to upbid themselves in last year's draft as the host, I didn't think he'd make a huge mistake again but he sure did manage to surprise me. It was honestly just a despicable action, and something that angered me immensely. As someone who felt bad that I didn't get to give many members of the community a chance because of how my draft worked out, it frustrates me that someone who could've done so chose not to. Especially when it's someone who is a community leader. I know he didn't mean to be so villainous, but I do wish he took more responsibility for what he did and gave a proper apology, instead taking the "fuck psong" movement as a joke and thriving on it. Anyways, as I mentioned before I think there's a lot of players that got robbed this draft, and deserved to be picked over some of those only gotten because they are friends with the manager. Finally, going back to the prices thing, there was definitely a lot of weird ones besides the overpaid trifecta. I think in general the 20 K+ range was weird, while players like Zukushiku and Sae went for less than expected.

A: Before even being selected as managers, Izaya and I immediately decided we wanted to get the Cherubis so that we could secure the extremely cheap DugZa retain which was the most valuable one available. Together with him, the 3 of us already have a solid base in SS, SM and ORAS. With BW being our biggest weakness, we set our sights on Zukushiku being the core of our draft. We all agreed that he was by far the best available asset in the draft, being a top player in basically every single gen. He's also a very innovative builder, and this creativity is something we can capitalize on in all gens, and mainly the fresh SS meta game. With the metagame not being established, the better builders will probably thrive the best, and Zukushiku has always shown to build unique and viable teams with more diversity than simply throwing on a berry and calling it a day. He's also just a very very nice person and great teammate, plus I've always been a fan. We were really surprised that we got him for so low since in the dozen draft scenarios we developed he went for higher 20s. Anyways, with him we had someone able to build for each gen so we wanted to prioritize on good players we'd get along with. Evigaro was our other main target because she would complement DugZa perfectly in SM and would do well in any other slot we put her in. All our other players were people that we had in our different lineup versions that we believed can do well with team support regardless of the gen we put them in. Having lost out on some of the more expensive monotype mains we wanted to get, later in the draft we got Kaguya Lys to support us in prep. Overall, our draft plan was basically to get Zukushiku so that we have BW support, and then to just buy good players and some extra monotype main support to have a solid, flexible team. For every slot, we have multiple players that can competently fill it. In my personal opinion, we have an advantage over many teams because our "bench" is full of good players so we won't suffer greatly if we need to make a sub or if a starter has to miss a week.

A: Yes, there's a lot of players that deserved to be picked but weren't. Many of those were also in my draft plan so I'm disappointed they didn't get a chance. In particular, I'd say Riku Sakuraba, some of the french players like Brumirage and LaPatateDouce, older mono players like Bondie and DoW, and some tour players are the ones I'm mostly surprised about. Riku Sakuraba has been doing really well lately, not only because of his great luck. I was really surprised to see no one got him; he was in our plan but we ran out of money before we got to him. For the french players, they have been doing pretty solid in ssnls and other small tournaments so I definitely think they deserved a shot. It's especially unfortunate because some worse options were drafted in my opinion. I'm not gonna name anyone, but I definitely think there are players who I don't think deserved a spot over many of the undrafted.

A: In the case of my team, while our tour players don't main monotype they all have experience with the tier. Every person I drafted has participated in at least one of MPL, MWP, Monotype WCOP, but most have been in multiple. The reason people pick tour players over monotype mains is simply because they are better players. You don't need every single one of your team members to build teams, so there isn't really a reason to have that many monotype mains. While the lack of monotype metagame knowledge can definitely be a detriment at times, knowledge often isn't enough for many of the mainers. They know the common sets and are able to help with building, but they just aren't that impressive as players so managers rely on tournament players who they have more faith in when it comes to getting wins.

A: If you are genuinely motivated and desire making MPL, you can't give up after going undrafted and need to learn from the experience. Use that rejection as a sign that there is something you need to improve. I will list some of the reasons people usually aren't drafted.

1. You haven't done anything significant or have no exposure

In order to get the attention of managers, you have to success in relevant places. No one really cares if you peaked ladder x times or did super well in some discord tour or some tour for fun. A good way is doing well in BLT or circuit tours like seasonals, gens or MLT. For example, DugZa was fairly unknown last year, but he was in BLT and was making a name for himself in seasonals so he got picked up for 3 K. Now he's a retain and would've gone for a huge amount if he was in the draft pool. While you do need to do well in tours, it isn't enough. You won't be drafted if the managers don't really know you. Becoming involved in the community, being included into friend groups will give you a lot of exposure. Managers are also more inclined to get people they are friends with. Another way is by doing tryouts. Some people argue that tryouts are useless since you don't actually get a chance if you do well. I disagree with this because we did add players to our draft plan because of their performance in tryouts, even though we didn't get to draft them. Nonetheless, by doing so they put themselves on my radar and lead to me mentioning them during draft or observing them in the future.

2. You have a bad personality

The people in this category generally don't acknowledge or accept this. They tend to think the managers are just petty, hold a grudge against them. However, they need to realize that if you think you are a good player, and you aren't being drafted, there's clearly a reason. This is a team tournament, so obviously managers want to buy players they get along with, who would contribute to the team environment, and won't embarrass them on forums, on discord or in the battle chats. MPL isn't the time to "settle differences", because you need to focus on winning and want to have fun, not work out issues. Nobody wants a player who talks a whole lot of loud without ever actually having any significant results. Bantering is fine but a lot of people seem to forget that it needs to be done only with friends. Anyways, if you don't get drafted but you think you are a worthy player, you should evaluate your attitude to see if any of these fit you:

1. Talks a lot of shit without having personal results
2. Makes cringey posts
3. Acts creepy, makes people uncomfortable
4. Are offensive
5. Unable to control themselves
6. Never improve
7. Act fake / Kiss up / whines

This community is pretty good with calling out people when they meet one of these groups, but the issue is that people don't take the criticism and improve, or they have improve for a month or so and expect everyone to like them. Improvement needs to be consistent and over a long period of time before you truly get accepted. Anyways, if you get called out THERE IS A REASON. Take the lesson and learn from it. Refusing to accept it, and instead whining about being people just not liking you and bullying you like Ronman5 does gets you nowhere. The only thing reason we call people out is so that they can fix their attitudes. Instead of whining that people are being mean to you, understand why you received criticism and grow from it. Another piece of advice is to be sincere. No one likes a kiss up who is trying to make you like them. We prefer people who are genuine instead of those that try way too hard to impress us. Basically, be yourself, or fix yourself depending on what you need. If you put the effort, eventually the opinion of you will change. Look at Splash and Conflux for example, last MPL one was a joke and the other was an "enemy" in the community, and after proving they've changed they are now the 2nd and 3rd most expensive players.

3. You just aren't that good.

The hardest one to accept. Sometimes you just make it because you aren't at the level to be in MPL yet. Don't think it's just because managers don't like you, instead push yourself to improve and build your name in the community for next year. I feel for all the players that weren't drafted, just like you I've been there too. I tried out for Canada's WCOP team since like 2017 or 2018 and just made it this year. It can be frustrating not making a tournament and make you want to quit. However, if you genuinely want it you gotta keep pushing forward. Get your name out there so that next year you don't miss out. The 3 most expensive players this year went undrafted last year, its not impossible to make a change! Complaining and begging wont get you anywhere. There was a lot of posts this year of people asking to be drafted, and I checked all the team discords to see if those people even joined and did tryouts before that, and of course they didn't. Don't ask to be drafted, show that you deserved to be drafted! Anyways don't let this year get you down, watch the tour this year, learn and improve!

Q: How do you feel about your run so far? Anything you might change?

A: The first week was a bit disappointing since we only tied against the worst team on paper, but I'm still very satisfied because we managed to comeback from an 0-4 situation. Also, we tied despite our opponents get 6/8 expected matchups, which proves that we are able to outperform the competition. The first week was a huge emotional rollercoaster. I felt super down after losing my game to an impossible matchup, making the score 0-4. Then, I saw the matchup Evigaro got and was devastated. However, she pulled a miracle and dominated that horrendous matchup to begin our comeback. I went from devastation to extreme hype in one day. I'm hoping the rest of the tour won't be such an emotional rollercoaster though! The man changes will probably be how we prep our team choice, because we might be too obvious if last week was any indications. Besides that I'm just trying to experiment with different lineup configurations to make sure everyone gets plenty of games but also to see whats best.

A: I hope this will be a fun exciting season for everyone! Hopefully there will be no more drama after the draft and the SS metagame will develop nicely throughout the tour. I'm looking forward to seeing some unique teams!

[End of interview]

Thank you once again Kev for being cooperative and doing this interview with me! Your thoughts have definitely been the most interesting of all of the interviews I've done so far. I hope the rest of you enjoyed reading this as well! While we wait for the remaining 2 teams to submit their interviews, i will announce that i will be doing midseason interviews to check up on all of our favorite teams during the season (and finally get the gengars to talk). That is all for today everyone, see you next time!

MPL PROFILE PICTURE TOP 10 AND BOTTOM 10 LIST

Hello Hello Hello! What's up gamers welcome to the show you've all been waiting for. I'm gonna go ahead and start by listing off the Bottom 10 Profile pics in this MPL, and after that I'll get to the top 10. Now I'd like to say I'm gonna try my best to not just add cute anime girls for the entire top 10 but it's pretty hard as they tend to be the best. . Good Luck to you all I hope you rank highly.
(I will not be ranking myself because obvi I think mines the best since I'm using it)

BOTTOM 10

Harpp

Harpp.gif

While I personally find it pretty funny that your profile picture is Zar and his family, It's pretty fucked up of you to dox them like that. so I've decided that this Profile picture belongs in the bottom 10. Maybe this will teach you to be kinder to others and not expose them on the internet. Now with all that being said it's honestly a mediocre avatar even if you ignore all that stuff so you should probably change it anyways.

Fylkir Pudin

Fylir.jpg

I probably wasn't even gonna put yours in here but your dumbass wanted to say something stupid like "my avatar is goat haha" so I put it where it belongs, in the fucking trash can. Who even is this kid and why is he your profile picture, Please work this out and then maybe we can talk about changing your spot.

Mateeus
Mat.png

How many times have we talked about this mateeus, this bird is so dogass what is wrong with you bro. Starly is cute, staraptor is cool, staravia is like that middle school phase where you yell "fortnite" during class and hope to god someone thinks you're funny. I really don't know what to tell you about this ugly ass bird that you don't already know but please.

le LLiolae
LE.jpg

It Physically hurt me to put an anime girl in the bottom 10 list but what the fuck am I looking at. A mediocre character who's not centered and isn't even off center in a cute way it's just ugly and looks like you had a stroke while trying to crop it. I don't have much to say other than god it's ugly.

Days for Dabs
DFD.png

This one is pretty much in the same boat as Mateeus, A mediocre image of a DOGSHIT Pokemon. I know it's your meme "haha it's good on psychic guys believe me" but like cmon it's not even cute or cool or anything it's just a cat. I hope one day you also come to your senses but I'm doubtful honestly. Anyways good luck this Mpl.

Randompizza
pizza.jpg

LOOOOOOL Sorry bud did you think being on my team was gonna keep you off this list? This is somewhat a shot at your name too but what the fuck bro "randompizza" followed with a a very basic type of pizza, not even a "random" one. I'm truly disgusted and I could throw the fuck up but it's ok I still love you buddy <3

Dieu Amphibien
Dieu.png

I don't know where the fuck you guys find these nasty ass pictures but this looks like someone spilled coke on their screen while playing Pokemon red, let it sit for a few minutes and then took a picture with a walkie talkie. Please god you chose a good Pokemon why did you pick such an ugly picture to go with that thought.

p2
P2.jpg

I know this one is like ironic and all or w/e but it's still ugly as fuck and I didn't think it deserves to be left out because "it's a meme", It's honestly just some random ass dude grilling so I'm not really sure what about it I don't like but it's just not pleasing to look at even a little bit.

TheArchitect_
Arch.png

This one isn't really as bad as I'm ranking it, but that fucking Pokemon man. Toxtricity looks like a Skylander and I'll never get over it. Ugly ass Pokemon I wish they never released that creature. Not sure whether you thought it'd be cool to be back to back with your boy toxtricity but all I can imagine is you being some goon from a childrens Wii Game with that thing next to you.

dahli

Peach.gif

You are one nasty bitch aren't you. What the actual fuck is this thing bro are you okay. PeachyClouds I always knew you were a bit of a weirdo but like unironically the profile picture I made you use last year was better than this ugly ass fucking video. you definitely deserve #1 for this shit. I truly hope you seek help because you fucking need it.

Top 10

Chaitanya
Chait.png

With an all around aesthetically pleasing profile picture I felt it couldn't really be left out of the top 10. it's been this for as long as I remember and it's a Monotype staple at this point. Not a whole lot to say it's just a good looking profile picture overall.

Bitana
Bitana.jpg

This is a great profile picture, it not only shows Bits dedication to the rock type, it does it in a cute and aesthetically pleasing way. I'm personally not a fan of most Rock Types but I respect the grind if nothing else. Keep it up Bitana and stick to your roots.

1 True Lycan
Lycan.jpg

I was truthfully conflicted on this as I felt it'd be better as a youtube banner or something, but then I realized that the reason Lycan uses his name as his profile picture is because he's the kind of person who doesn't need an image to be his symbol, his name is a symbol itself. this kinda hit me deep so I decided to move him up from #10 to #8 and now I'm quite fond of his Profile pic. Still gonna thrash him on sunday though.

Averardo
Averardo.png

Averardo with a super cute profile picture oml. the background and the outfit of the girl fit super well together and I think whoever made it has a good sense in cute things. Overall a well done picture and a good choice for an avatar. Not much else to say, grats Averardo.

Perish Song
Perish.jpg

Despite being a massive bully and killing the hopes and dreams of all the GOATS who coulda gotten onto the Milotics, his profile picture ends up being pretty cute. With a good Color scheme and a cute girl there's really not much to complain about so I don't have much to say

Feitan the steam
Feitan.jpg

Feitan with an adorable matching profile picture, with her hair blending in to the background color I love how they did this. A cute anime girl with a colorful/good color scheme background will probably always be good but I'm quite impressed that a gengar has such a cute anime girl profile picture.

DugZa
Dugza.png

Dugza I honestly don't know how you suddenly started picking cute profile pictures after using the UGLY ASS Cheren avatar for so long, but I'm glad you changed friend. With this you've joined the winning team and now you'll be able to reach levels that were beyond you before. Good luck this Mpl lad.

Prosaic
Prosaic.gif

It may not be an anime girl but it is fucking adorable. the sparkles in the back with little Bulbasaur and Pikachu hanging out while Pikachu pats him on the back. It looks like Bulbasaur just went through a tough breakup or maybe someone close to him passed away, overall an adorable profile picture and I'm very glad I drafted some1 with such good taste.

Zukushiku
Zuku.jpg

Zukus profile picture is a classic at this point, but that aside it is absolutely ADORABLE. I'm not really the biggest Pikachu fan but god this picture is so cute and it's colors are so well done. I truly hope Zukushiku never changes his profile picture because everytime he wins my heart fills with joy because I get to see this adorable image.

Gondra
Gondra.jpg

Gondra my lad I always knew you had good taste since the day lax said "hey Piper why are you using one of gondras old avatars". I literally didn't know who you were but from that day on I knew you had good taste and you proved it once again right here. Shinobu is adorable to start but thne the picture is so cute and OMG I don't know what part to describe. Congrats on having the best Avatar of Mpl 6.

(By the way maroon would normally be on the bottom 10 list but he lost a bet to decem so his profile pic isn't dogass rn)

Congrats to all of you who made it onto the list (good or bad)

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hello Hello Hello! What's up gamers welcome to the show you've all been waiting for. I'm gonna go ahead and start by listing off the Bottom 10 Profile pics in this MPL, and after that I'll get to the top 10. Now I'd like to say I'm gonna try my best to not just add cute anime girls for the entire top 10 but it's pretty hard as they tend to be the best. Good Luck to you all I hope you rank highly.

BOTTOM 10

Harpp

View attachment 256825
While I personally find it pretty funny that your profile picture is Zar and his family, It's pretty fucked up of you to dox them like that. so I've decided that this Profile picture belongs in the bottom 10. Maybe this will teach you to be kinder to others and not expose them on the internet. Now with all that being said it's honestly a mediocre avatar even if you ignore all that stuff so you should probably change it anyways.

Fylkir Pudin

View attachment 256826
I probably wasn't even gonna put yours in here but your dumbass wanted to say something stupid like "my avatar is goat haha" so I put it where it belongs, in the fucking trash can. Who even is this kid and why is he your profile picture, Please work this out and then maybe we can talk about changing your spot.

Mateeus
View attachment 256827

How many times have we talked about this mateeus, this bird is so dogass what is wrong with you bro. Starly is cute, staraptor is cool, staravia is like that middle school phase where you yell "fortnite" during class and hope to god someone thinks you're funny. I really don't know what to tell you about this ugly ass bird that you don't already know but please.

le LLiolae
View attachment 256828

It Physically hurt me to put an anime girl in the bottom 10 list but what the fuck am I looking at. A mediocre character who's not centered and isn't even off center in a cute way it's just ugly and looks like you had a stroke while trying to crop it. I don't have much to say other than god it's ugly.

Days for Dabs
View attachment 256829

This one is pretty much in the same boat as Mateeus, A mediocre image of a DOGSHIT Pokemon. I know it's your meme "haha it's good on psychic guys believe me" but like cmon it's not even cute or cool or anything it's just a cat. I hope one day you also come to your senses but I'm doubtful honestly. Anyways good luck this Mpl.

Randompizza
View attachment 256830

LOOOOOOL Sorry bud did you think being on my team was gonna keep you off this list? This is somewhat a shot at your name too but what the fuck bro "randompizza" followed with a a very basic type of pizza, not even a "random" one. I'm truly disgusted and I could throw the fuck up but it's ok I still love you buddy <3

Dieu Amphibien
View attachment 256831

I don't know where the fuck you guys find these nasty ass pictures but this looks like someone spilled coke on their screen while playing Pokemon red, let it sit for a few minutes and then took a picture with a walkie talkie. Please god you chose a good Pokemon why did you pick such an ugly picture to go with that thought.

p2
View attachment 256832

I know this one is like ironic and all or w/e but it's still ugly as fuck and I didn't think it deserves to be left out because "it's a meme", It's honestly just some random ass dude grilling so I'm not really sure what about it I don't like but it's just not pleasing to look at even a little bit.

TheArchitect_
View attachment 256833

This one isn't really as bad as I'm ranking it, but that fucking Pokemon man. Toxtricity looks like a Skylander and I'll never get over it. Ugly ass Pokemon I wish they never released that creature. Not sure whether you thought it'd be cool to be back to back with your boy toxtricity but all I can imagine is you being some goon from a childrens Wii Game with that thing next to you.

dahli

View attachment 256834
You are one nasty bitch aren't you. What the actual fuck is this thing bro are you okay. PeachyClouds I always knew you were a bit of a weirdo but like unironically the profile picture I made you use last year was better than this ugly ass fucking video. you definitely deserve #1 for this shit. I truly hope you seek help because you fucking need it.

Top 10

Chaitanya
View attachment 256835

With an all around aesthetically pleasing profile picture I felt it couldn't really be left out of the top 10. it's been this for as long as I remember and it's a Monotype staple at this point. Not a whole lot to say it's just a good looking profile picture overall.

Bitana
View attachment 256836

This is a great profile picture, it not only shows Bits dedication to the rock type, it does it in a cute and aesthetically pleasing way. I'm personally not a fan of most Rock Types but I respect the grind if nothing else. Keep it up Bitana and stick to your roots.

1 True Lycan
View attachment 256837

I was truthfully conflicted on this as I felt it'd be better as a youtube banner or something, but then I realized that the reason Lycan uses his name as his profile picture is because he's the kind of person who doesn't need an image to be his symbol, his name is a symbol itself. this kinda hit me deep so I decided to move him up from #10 to #8 and now I'm quite fond of his Profile pic. Still gonna thrash him on sunday though.

Averardo
View attachment 256838

Averardo with a super cute profile picture oml. the background and the outfit of the girl fit super well together and I think whoever made it has a good sense in cute things. Overall a well done picture and a good choice for an avatar. Not much else to say, grats Averardo.

Perish Song
View attachment 256839

Despite being a massive bully and killing the hopes and dreams of all the GOATS who coulda gotten onto the Milotics, his profile picture ends up being pretty cute. With a good Color scheme and a cute girl there's really not much to complain about so I don't have much to say

Feitan the steam
View attachment 256840

Feitan with an adorable matching profile picture, with her hair blending in to the background color I love how they did this. A cute anime girl with a colorful/good color scheme background will probably always be good but I'm quite impressed that a gengar has such a cute anime girl profile picture.

DugZa
View attachment 256843

Dugza I honestly don't know how you suddenly started picking cute profile pictures after using the UGLY ASS Cheren avatar for so long, but I'm glad you changed friend. With this you've joined the winning team and now you'll be able to reach levels that were beyond you before. Good luck this Mpl lad.

Prosaic
View attachment 256844

It may not be an anime girl but it is fucking adorable. the sparkles in the back with little Bulbasaur and Pikachu hanging out while Pikachu pats him on the back. It looks like Bulbasaur just went through a tough breakup or maybe someone close to him passed away, overall an adorable profile picture and I'm very glad I drafted some1 with such good taste.

Zukushiku
View attachment 256845

Zukus profile picture is a classic at this point, but that aside it is absolutely ADORABLE. I'm not really the biggest Pikachu fan but god this picture is so cute and it's colors are so well done. I truly hope Zukushiku never changes his profile picture because everytime he wins my heart fills with joy because I get to see this adorable image.

Gondra
View attachment 256846

Gondra my lad I always knew you had good taste since the day lax said "hey Piper why are you using one of gondras old avatars". I literally didn't know who you were but from that day on I knew you had good taste and you proved it once again right here. Shinobu is adorable to start but thne the picture is so cute and OMG I don't know what part to describe. Congrats on having the best Avatar of Mpl 6.

(By the way maroon would normally be on the bottom 10 list but he lost a bet to decem so his profile pic isn't dogass rn)

Okay weaboo :psyglad:

Hello Hello Hello! What's up gamers welcome to the show you've all been waiting for. I'm gonna go ahead and start by listing off the Bottom 10 Profile pics in this MPL, and after that I'll get to the top 10. Now I'd like to say I'm gonna try my best to not just add cute anime girls for the entire top 10 but it's pretty hard as they tend to be the best. Good Luck to you all I hope you rank highly.

BOTTOM 10

Harpp

View attachment 256825

Fylkir Pudin

View attachment 256826

Mateeus
View attachment 256827

le LLiolae
View attachment 256828

Days for Dabs
View attachment 256829

Randompizza
View attachment 256830

Dieu Amphibien
View attachment 256831

p2
View attachment 256832

TheArchitect_
View attachment 256833

dahli

View attachment 256834

Top 10

Chaitanya
View attachment 256835

Bitana
View attachment 256836

1 True Lycan
View attachment 256837

Averardo
View attachment 256838

Perish Song
View attachment 256839

Feitan the steam
View attachment 256840

DugZa
View attachment 256843

Prosaic
View attachment 256844

Zukushiku
View attachment 256845

Gondra
View attachment 256846

Does this mean your avatar is mediocre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)