My main UU team.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so.. this is my First RMT. I've played about 20 or so battles with it, winning prob 70% or so, I haven't been counting or anything. I'm just gonna try my best, and see what happens... Fair enough? :/ This is a sorta-Offensive team, But I wouldn't really like to call it HO, but it's not exactly "balanced." Well, here's the teambuilding process:

BTW, Everything Works now!

I love Cobalion. It's basically a faster lucario with less offesnive stats, with a mofo awesome Defense. I used an SR/TWave set first, on a diff team, but I quickly realized SD was the way to go.

Immediately, I added Special Azelf. Even w/o Focus Sash, Azelf can usually take a hit well, even though just barely. Still, it's usually enough to kill at least someone, Plus it has room for Stealth Rock. Plus, Levitate is always nice, and Psychic typing helps with dem Ground/Fighting attacks.

Later, I decided to Add a Choice Specs Rotom-H. Basically, it wrecks shit, and kept a ground weakness from coming on, just in case. Plus, it has good, like, everything.

Roserade was the next addition. Instead of a Spike stacker, I use a speedy set, which I found on Avatar Korra's RMT a while back, I like it a lot, and tried it out on another team, and it did really well (the team however, did not.)

I desperately needed a spinner, and Blastoise is just a good fit. Water is a good typing, it has good defenses, etc etc. Keeping them hazards AWAY!

I realised that my team was not very fast. So, I added Scarfgon, which outspeeds like, everything and it's cousin, and can kill a lot of stuff.

And now, onto the team. Sorry If it's a bit sloppy. You ready for this? *DUH NUHNUHNUH!*

Scruffy (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

SD Cobalion is pretty cool, as it is already fast, All it needs to do is get an SD boost, and it can proceed to rip my opponent's unprepared pokemon to shreds. 252 atk/spe is pretty simple, be as fast and as hard-hitting as possible. SD is obvious, getting Cobalion's attack to even higher levels is pretty damn strongth. Close Combat is really meh, but I like it more than Sacred Sword, by a lot. Way more power, and the def Drop from CC isn't usually that bad. Iron Head is for Dual Stab, and can hit a lot for nice, consitent damage, and has a funny flinch chance. Stone Edge is there for more hard hitting, plus coverage, and can hit a lot of other pokemon (namely Flying types) for some serious damage. I do Leftovers because it's nice not to have to worry about repeated weak hits, and LO would just take away the slight bulk uninvested Cobalion has. But anyway, pretty simple.

Zelfa (Azelf) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
This cute floating weasel is just a MONSTER. It can like, Kill Arceus with Splash, if it wanted to. But it doesn't want to. It wants to be on my team, and kill other things :D. It's main goal is to Set up SR, and proceed to decimate my opponent's team. It doesn't really have to be a lead or anything, but I try to get it out at the right time, early, but not too early. Psyshock is nice to Hit dem Fighting Types, esp non-scarfed Heracrosses, and dem Slow, SLOW mienshaos. It also takes care of Roserade hoping to take a Fire Blast. Fire Blast is useful in basically hurting anything that doesn't resist it. It's mainly coverage on Steels/Bugs/whatever's weak to fire. Grass Knot is pretty much there to Troll Swampert. I swear, A swamp coming in on this thing, not knowing about my fourth move ( most ppl think it's taunt, I think, so Swamp wouldn't be threatened,) and BAM! Grass Knot up that shit. It's the best feeling, ever. Stealth Rock is obvious; it's my setter-upper.

Jeremiah (Rotom-H) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ground
Rotom-Heat is just so cool <3. It's got nice resistances, nice ability, nice attacking prowess, nice stats, it just has the works! I use the Choice Specs set just because of it's sheer power, and it can usually take down something or another really well. I originally had HP Grass > Trick, but it failed to KO swampert, so I thought: well, Might as well have Trick... Anyway, OverHeat is it's Form move, and it does crazy damage, even to things that resist it. Volt Switch is a special Electric U-turn, which is nice to try and keep momentum. T-Bolt is nice when I need a bit more power/don't want to have to switch.
CHANGE: Hp Ground > Trick, I barely ever used Trick, and HP ground will be nice for opposing electric types, and stuff; it's a good offensive type.

Cicelia (Roserade) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
Roserade is a very cool pokemon. While it isn't that fast, I put max speed, to outspeed the most possible things i can,mainly outspeeding neutral nature base 100s, which can be nice. The rest I dumped 252 into sp atk, hitting as hard as possible. I really do like this set, as it can actually take some stuff down, all the while staying alive and usually being able to take fair special hits. Leaf Storm is a Scaringly Strong move, making water types tremble in fear, as well as non-resistant pokemon. Sleep Powder puts a pokemon to sleep, which is a terribly useful status, due to the new mechanics. Sludge Bomb, while not the best offensive Type, actually compliments Leaf Storm not that Badly, plus it doesn't make Roserade have to suffer a special attack drop. Rest is nice, especially with natural cure, since it can just fully heal, then switch out and not have that sleep status. But yeah, Roserade is very useful to my team.

Fiona (Blastoise) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roar
Blastoise. My starter originally for LeafGreen, Oh god, I loved her(yes, her,), in a totally non-sexual way. just took every hit known to man like it was a tackle. Anyway, onto the set. Pretty straightforward EVs, def bulk as much as possible. Rapid Spin is the obvious reason to use blastoise, spinning away dem Hazards. Scald is a nice STAB move which can Burn at 30% rate ( more like 10% for me,), which is awesome. Toxic, while it may be a bit conflicting with Scald Burns, it is useful to take on more defensive Pokemon, inflicting them with a deadly status. Roar used to be Dragon Tail, but I realized That DTail wasn't really doing much for me, So I changed to Roar, and it's basically the same thing, only Roar doesn't really miss, and works on subs. But yeah, Blastoise is the only defensive pokemon on the team, but it doesn't usually hold me up or anything. I tried a speedy set a couple of times, but the bulk vs. Speed was a winning battle for Bulk.

Alejandro (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
Flygon <3. I loved using this guy in OU in fourth gen. I even think I used Fire Punch then too, for scizor. But yeah, easy enough to understand, simple scarfpokemon Evs, Jolly to outspeed the Adamant ScarfGons, etc. Outrage is like one the best moves ever, hitting everything extremely hard. U-turn is nice for scouting, and to hit pokes hard that are of the dark or psychic or grass typing. Earthquake is a nice, non-lockinto STAB, and is pretty powerful at 100 BP.
CHANGE: Instead of Fire Punch, which I barely ever had to use, I'm now using Superpower, as it is nice to have some Fighting move on this team, other than Scruffy, or whoever else on my team.

Well, I'm open to for the most part, anything. I hope my team makes sense, and that I didn't butcher, like, everything D:. Please rate politely! I might edit this later with some added stuff after more battles, or add threats and stuff. But I appreciate your rating! :D!

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this is what you ment, but sprites!

This team looks pretty solid synergy-wise, and you have a lot of top threats covered, but I see a SubCM Raikou problem. If it gets in on Rotom post Overheat, or locked into Thunderbolt, it could potentially sweep your whole team late game, especially if it has the EVs to take a Scarfgon U-Turn and keep it's sub. I have a small, unorthodox solution that could check the problem, HP Ground over Trick or Volt Switch on Rotom. Volt Switch is really better on the scarf set, but momentum is always good and you said you didn't do too much with Trick, so either one is good to switch. Specs HP Ground always breaks the bulky Raikou sub, even at +2 Sp Def, and the resistance to Thunderbolt and HP Ice hinders Raikou. Hope it helps!

Iminyourcloset

OMG! Thanks xD! The site I was going to use randomly went down, and google hasn't been my freind lately. I just saw this message too! and yeah, SubCM raikou is usually terribad for me. I'll try HP ground, over Trick. Volt Switch may be more useful on Scarf Set, but Rotom-H is usually fast enough to give Volt Switch fair use.

Hey there! I love your team!

One thing I usually recommend when I see Blastoise is to use an offensive-spinning set, since it seems the reason you have Blastoise is to spin away hazards. This set gives Blastoise offensive presence while still letting it "spin dem hazards away".

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest / Timid
- Hydro Pump | Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Rapid Spin

Since Blastoise's bulk is naturally great, it can use that to its advantage and rock a special attacking set, while still keeping a utility root with Rapid Spin. The Speed EVs, although weird on a Blastoise, help it outspeed common spinblockers and KO with STAB Hydro Pump or Surf. Once they're gone, you can spin off the hazards without worrying about getting KO'd thanks to the bulk is has. And even if its HP gets low, remember, Torrent kicks in and makes Hydro Pump a terrible thing to come in on. Ice Beam stops Grass-types and can help beat Scarf Flygon. Finally, HP Electric can be used to help make Blastoise a solid counter to physically defensive Water-types (*coughslowbrocough*). Oh, and Rapid Spin because what Blastoise doesn't use it.

Good luck on your team! :D

Iminyourcloset

TY Gengan, I might try that, but idk, dat bulk :/ however, my original Speedy set wasn't offensive, so I assume this might play differently. Thank you, it actually sounds pretty cool! :>
I'll test this suggestion stuff probs tommorow, PS! seems a bit too laggy today.

No problem! :D Blastoise's bulk is still pretty good even without investment, so you shouldn't have any really big problems with it.

Hai Closet.

K so first off, 'tis a good team with good defensive synergy and It appears that it can perform well together. However agreeing with the guy who posted before about SubCM Raikou being a problem, sure his unorthodox could work but there's also another solution and this means you might need to take a more defensive route with your team. So first off I suggest changing up Roserade's set, at the moment it's a more offensive variant however you can change it up a bit to a more defensive variant meaning you can combat Raikou easier and generally take hits better whilst still hitting hard.

Roserade @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/120 Spd/136 SpDef
Calm nature (+SpDef,-Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed/Rest/Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb/Hidden Power Fire
- Toxic Spikes
Using this set you can actually force quite a few switches depending on if you use Leech Seed or Rest but the main draw is the use of Toxic Spikes, using these you can greatly diminish Raikou's longevity on the field and also take out troublesome walls that try to stop your Cobalion or Azelf. The EVs let you have some special bulk however you could put some more SpAtk EVs if you want instead of Spdef. With Leaf Storm you can 2HKO Suicunes and do around 60% to Raikous on a switch, not to mention it hits hard anyway. The last move is mainly just for coverage, Sludge Bomb or HP Fire whatever tickles your fancy. Rest is also not a bad option for recovery. The Toxic Spikes also help Blastoise with its phazing whilst also freeing up the slot for toxic that it has, meaning you can use Ice Beam or something.

Next I can see you having a slight problem with ScarfChandelure as it can safely OHKO 3 of your pokemon and if Blastoise goes down you're going to have a problem. So I suggest switching up the EVs on Blastoise a little.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
244HP/196Def/68Spatk
-Scald
-Roar
-Rapid Spin
-Foresight/Ice Beam
These EVs just give you a Lefties number and with the 68 Spatk you get a chance to OHKO Chandelure after rocks where as you are 3HKOd by Shadow Ball from it. Moves are what you have no except the last one which is whatever you want really. It also continues to support its teammates ith Roar to rack up hazard damage whilst protecting them from hazard damage. What it accomplishes more so than your old set is the ability to KO Chandelure which is potentially threatening to your team, it now also has a free slot to work with thanks to Roserade.

Next I can see a weakness to Scrafty, mostly the Dragon Dance Set. It can successfully outspeed most of your team and OHKO them respectively, your best bet is to try and kill it with Flygon, which can fail if it has a bulk up set. The way to fix it without changing much is to put Superpower instead of fire punch on Flygon and make it Adamant, this lets it do 70-80% to Scrafty allowing Azelf to finish it off however this isn't the most reliable way to do this. The only other fix I can really think of is to use Scarf Heracross instead of Flygon.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Pursuit/coverage move
This now allows you take down Scrafty with much more ease due to resisting both of its stabs and being able to OHKO back. You also don't lose much from your previous Flygon as they both hit hard on the physical side. The only thing you really lose is the ability to scout with U-turn however that's not really needed because now you have a super strongth Megahorn. However you do now lose a nice Dragon STAB.

So overall it's just a few slight changes that can hopefully help you out for the better. I might add a tad more if I decide to test this team a bit x.x. Nice team and I hope you the best. ;)

Iminyourcloset

Thanks Aquaaa, (Finally)! I appreciates dis. I'll try Gengans Blastoise set first though (just out of kindness,) but yours seems like it might be better for me; I do really like that bulk. As for Roserade, that's going to be difficult for me. my current set is just awesome, but it's not too many move changes, and it can do for the most part the same thing, plus it frees blastoise up, so I'll try that sometime too. As for Heracross/Flygon though, I wanna keep Flygon. Scarfhera is just meh to me, and base 85 scarf just doesn't feel as threatening to me. But I guess I might try that too, however that's bordering on a fire weakness. :/
But TY on the rate :D!

Iminyourcloset

So this is how I'm going to do it: I made four alterations, which makes five types of this team total.
First one: This team, above, the exact same, the beginning thingymabobber.
Second: same as above team, but Blastoise and Roserade switched to Aquaaa's suggestions.
Third: Same as above team, but Blastoise set changed to Gengan's suggestion.
Forth: Same as above team, but Flygon became Heracross.
Fifth: Same as above team, but Flygon became Heracross, AND Blastoise and Roserade sets switched to Aquaaa's specifications. I'll try them all out quite a few times when I can, and see how they all do.
EDIT: Editing OP, Adding Superpower > FirePunch on Flygon, and adding HP ground on Rotom-H. I can afford to have both, easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)