My SoulSilver Team of favorites <3

At a Glance:

Intro
I've been thinking about making a team for the upcoming HGSS game, and I decided to make a team of my favorite Pokemon. So far, I went (EDIT: forgot to keep track, but around 25-7) with it, and I am just wondering what I can improve on.

Typhlosion@Focus Sash
Mild 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Eruption
OverHeat
EQ
Quick Attack/Protect

Why this pokemon is one of my favorites: My favorite starter of all time, sorry Blastoise, and I still get tingles when I remember thunderpunching Gold's (my rival in Silver haha) Feraligatior.

What he does: Usually Erupts first turn, while opponent taunts/sets up rocks. People usually think this guy is Specd, so they switch into their Heatran or other fire absorber, and I EQ them usually. The leads that I outspeed and stay in usually get me into blaze, so Overheat can usually OHKO them. TTar still can't be 2HKOd and Gyra/Blissey still runs over this set up too, so I usually switch :(
I am also considering Quick attack to pick off the Sashed Azelf and crap.

Gardevoir@ ChoiceSpecs
Timid 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Trick
Psychic
Grassknot
ShadowBall

Why this pokemon is one of my favorites: By far the best Pokemon in the 3rd Gen, this Pokemon has been with me ever since. Sorry Alakazam, you've been replaced </3

What she does: Trick Specs onto walls, hits hard with STABed Psychic. Also my switch-in for the Elekid fully evolved form (dunno how to spell haha). Grass Knot surprises people, as does her speed. :D

Dragonite@Yache Berry
Adamant 224 HP / 84 Atk / 200 Spe
DD
Fire Punch
DragonClaw
Roost

Why this pokemon is one of my favorites: Best non-legendary dragon pokemon ever. Salamence and Garchomp can only wish they were as cool as her.

What she does: Changed this set up a little to emphasize the bulkness over Salamence. Dragon Dance up, and hit the other team with very good coverage. She is so bulky, and after a DD or 2, she is unstoppable. Yache berry allows Dnite to DD one more time against pokes like Vapoeron, and can take out the IceSharders ^_^

Scizor@LifeOrb
Technician
Adamant 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
SD
BulletPunch
SuperPower
BugBite

Why this pokemon is one of my favorites: Would you belive me if I said I liked Scizor before it could learn Bullet Punch, use Technitian, or any of that goodness? Typhlosion and Scizor raped planets back in the good ol' days of Gold&Silver, and they are back ^^

What he does: SD up and kill things. Rotoms are gay though >.< Bullet punch for alot of things, Superpower for bulky things, and Bugbite for pokes that resist the other two. Choice Band didn't really work >.>
Changed up the EVs. Who cares about the Life Orb number when Scizor is unlikely to be switched in without getting some damage from SR or spikes? The extra speed helps me rape other Scizors. Might change Bugbite to NightSlash to hit Rotoms harder >.<

Metagross@leftovers
Adamant 112 HP/ 252 Atk / 12 Def/ 132 Spe
Meteor Mash
EQ
Agility
Icepunch

Why this pokemon is one of my favorites: A friend gave me a really good (flawless Adamant) Beldum a couple years ago, and I always wanted Metagross to star in one of my teams. However, this guy (genderless lol :3 ) isn't strong at all. I don't want to use LO because the bulkness of this Pokemon would be wasted. I might consider changing this pokemon out all together. Maybe a Nidoking? xD

What he does: Agility-> Sweep. Only works very late game though, because he really isn't strong enough without a boosting item to OHKO bulky pokes. Poor guy :(

Gyrados@ Leftovers
Adamant 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
DD
AquaTail
IceFang
Bounce

Why this pokemon is one of my favorites: My Red Gyrados in Silver was soooooo awesome. Though I am heavily considering SRing for a good one in HGSS, a normal Gyrados will have to do :(

Much more success with this set over the Subset. Icefang hits dragons pretty hard, and can pick out weaker enemies that I don't want to miss against >.< Stone Edge might be used, but then this set might miss more =/
EDITS IN BOLD
Problems with the team so far:
Pokes with TBolt: Raikou, Rotom (not so much if I still have metagross), Zapdos, Starmie all pose a big threat to this team, and take a hella lot of manuvering to take down. Usually, Specs Gardevoir can revenge, or almost revenge, and Scizor can pick them off if they still have some life in them, but no resists to tbolt has really pissed me off.
Pokes with WoW or Twave: This and the above reason are really why I originally had Nidoking in Metagross's spot, but he was too weak to do anything. I usually have to trick my specs onto the pokes like rotom that make a living off of statusing.
Airslash: A strong STABd airslash from Togekiss can 2hko scizor, and since it is special, Metagross also takes a big hit. Dnite is really my only defense against it (Gyra gets haxxed lol).
Torment: A heatran that feinted Scarf took out 3 of my pokes >.< Gardevoir luckily tricked specs onto it as it used Lava Plume though.
Feraligator: 1 DragonDance=Sweep. Out of the 3 battles against this guy, I won only one of them. (Intimidate ftw).

This team has a surprisingly nature feel to me, despite the fact that it uses some pokemon that are crap (Typhlosion), or are outclassed (Gardevoir and DNite). I started playing Shoddy Ladder with a new account yesterday, and got up to 1334 before going to sleep. I don't want to replace the first three Pokemon, because that would really undermine the point of this team. However, I am open to suggestions on movesets/EVs and even changes of Pokes for the latter 3, especially if it fixes the weaknesses I stated =3

*Pops Up*

Right, quite a few things I feel need adressing:

1: Typhlosion. Base 100 speed is very slow for a lead in OU. Most leads may fall for 'OMG, you're scarfed!' once. In which case, they'd set up rocks, and sash would save them anyway. Then, they notice they went first, and attack. Typhlosion is then easily revenge killed. Sure, you took out their lead. Unfortunetly, most leads these days are Suicide Leads, so as long as they got rocks up, they're happy.

Typholsion lead is Gimmicky at best, and it's not a good gimmick

2: As much as I love Gardevoir [I used her in R/S/E], Alakazam does her job, but better. You have nothing to fear form 'Vire, because your only Electirc attack is... Gardevoir herself. If you want a Tracer, Porygon 2 is a better choice in OU, due to being able to counter/check Heatran, Gyarados, Salamance, Flygon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, ect, ect, all with the same set. Latias is also a decent replacement, as is Celebi.

Gardevoir is currently NU for a reason. Use Alakazam, Latias, or Celebi instead for her job.

3: Put simply, unless you're going to use Dragonite's bulk, or Superpower, which you are not [I don't see Roost or Superpower on that set], Salamance is superior.

Replace Dragonite with Salamance

4: SD Scizor is OK. OK being the key word. I think [not 100%] that Bug Bite with Technician is superior to X-Scizzor. You may want to consider Baton Pass as well. Passing a Swords Dance to Salamance when Heatran or something switches in will be PAINFUL. It also allows you to naviagte Rotom [In which case, your best bet depends on if you think it's Scarfed [Gyarados], or not [Salamance]], with losing stat boosts.

Consider Baton Pass on Scizor, Bug's got fail coverage anyway

5: Metagross seems decent. The suggestion for Scizor could also help fix it's hitting power, and 'recycle' the Swords Dance when Scizor is weak.

6: Subbounce Gyarados is better in CAP, but is otherwise fine. You may want to test out standard Gyarados.

About the replacements:

If you replace Gardevoir for Latias, consider a Wish Support set. This will help keep your Swords Dance Scizor healthy, and allow it not only more chances to sweep, but, if you have Baton Pass, another chance to pass on Swords Dance to a different Sweeper. I have used Wish Support Latias on my teams before, with sucess. [That said, I almost always have a bulky supporter]

If you replace Gardevoir for Celebi, an offensive Celebi would be a decent set, Choice Specs + Leaf Storm is painful, even on resisted hits, like Draco Meteor... but it destroys Waters.

Salamance could either be DD, or Mixed. DD Mance is not recommended, as you have more than enough set-ups, and MixMance will benifit from the Attack boost, so that it can blow physical walls away, then utterly destroy everything else.

As for the Lead... that's more difficult. As you have 2 pokemon weak to Stealth Rock, and you are running an offensive team, may I suggest Aerodactyl? Fastest of the SR Leads, and rather realiable at what it does... Taunt, SR, die.

On Scizor, Bug Bite > X-Scissor. Technician means Bug Bite has 90 BP to 80 for X-Scissor, and Bug Bite also has a potentially useful secondary effect (gets rid of Lum Berries, pinch berries, etc.).

Alright, the problem is that favorites are outclassed. Using favorites is fun, but if you want to improve the team greatly, use the things that aren't outclassed.

Typhlosion: Huge problem: No SR. If you are looking for a fire lead, heatran or infernape can get SR up, and take down common leads. Gyrados can switch in and start setting up DDs, (same with any dragon) If you really want typhosion, HP Ice is 100% needed. Still, I would highly suggest a standard lead.

Gardevoir: Gardevoir's special is very impressive, and I do believe that she is not outclassed by alakazam because of bulk and support. However, if you really want to have a useful gardevoir, I would reccomend:

Gardevoir@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/80 def/176 SpA(if you prefer SpA or defensive bulk, this can be tweaked)
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Wish
~Thunderwave/Will-o-wisp

This supports the team and is a pain. The two moves provide perfect coverage, though focus blast is shaky.

(There are better options than gardevoir such as Rotom, starmie, latias, ect)

Dragonite: DD + Fire move + EQ + Dragon Claw is perfect coverage and mixed to take out skarm and such. Bulky allows it to set up on even scizor. Dragonite is really cool, and the bulky (is completely outclassed by mence) but is the way to use dragonite.

If you decide mence, run physically bulky.

Gyrados and metagross are both great.

Consider CB scizor for scouting. You already have plenty of set up.

Consider replacing Typhlosion with Infernape, as it can get boasts a higher Speed and access to Stealth Rock - something that your team needs. Choice Specs Gardevoir is completely outclassed by Latias; Choice Scarf Latias would fit a better role for this team, revenging Gyarados, Salamence and Kingdra if they manage to get a boost. The EVs on Dragonite are optimized to give Dragonite a sufficient amount of bulk while maintaining some offensive power, setting it apart from Salamence. Try using Roost on Dragonite, as you don't really need much more coverage outside of Dragon Claw + Earthquake, but you do need to keep Dragonite alive. Replace Metagross with something along the lines of Machamp or Choice Scarf Jirachi. Your team is very weak to DDTar and you really need a solution to it. Jirachi can beat Tyranitar 60% of the time and can serve as your secondary check to Gyarados and Salamence if Latias faints. Machamp, RestTalk Machamp in particular, can serve this team well by checking Tyranitar and preventing Magnezone from running you right over.

What...? Are you, um... fucking retarded? Bug Bite hits most of OU for nuetral damage or SE damage; a 135 BP move being shot off from a base 130 base Attack isn't nothing to laugh at, even when resisted >_>.

Speaking of which, you really want to use Bug Bite instead of X-Scissor due to technician boosting its base power to 90, 10 more points higher than X-Scissor.

SubBounce Gyarados isn't useful these days due to sandstorm and Stealth Rock preventing it from staying at full health. Try using offensive Dragon Dance Gyarados, as it covers more, hits harder and doesn't afraid of anything.

If you want Dragonite to sweep better, give it Life orb and change one of it's move to roost. It allows it to last longer and hit harder. Although Dragonite is my favorite pokemon, Salamence is faster and hits harder.

Keep Bug bite on Scizor, it keeps Gyrados from laughing at you.

Change Sub-bounce Gyra to Offensive DD or Bulky DD.

I don't know what to say about Gardevoir or Typhlosion. It they work for you, use them.

Pretty nice team, it's good that you use pokemon that you like.

Gardevoir is bad. Starmie is a better screener than it, as is Latias and Celebi. Typlosion is nice in theory, but awful in practice. Just about everyone uses Stealth Rock these days (which btw, you have a huge SR weakness in your team), so if you don't get them up, I'm afraid your behind my friend. If anything, use your own Fake Outer. (Even though, anti-leads are horrible) But I would drop it for anything that has Stealth Rock, i.e. make Metagross a lead, agiligross is kinda bad nowadays.

Scizor if good, but X-Scissor is bad on it, compared to the glory of a technician, STAB boosted Bug Bite :3. Its a much better option, and it steals berries, which is fun.

xD ty for the rates

TY for the rates, guize ^___^

*Pops Up*
Right, quite a few things I feel need adressing:
1: Typhlosion. Base 100 speed is very slow for a lead in OU. Most leads may fall for 'OMG, you're scarfed!' once. In which case, they'd set up rocks, and sash would save them anyway. Then, they notice they went first, and attack. Typhlosion is then easily revenge killed. Sure, you took out their lead. Unfortunetly, most leads these days are Suicide Leads, so as long as they got rocks up, they're happy.
Typholsion lead is Gimmicky at best, and it's not a good gimmick
2: As much as I love Gardevoir [I used her in R/S/E], Alakazam does her job, but better. You have nothing to fear form 'Vire, because your only Electirc attack is... Gardevoir herself. If you want a Tracer, Porygon 2 is a better choice in OU, due to being able to counter/check Heatran, Gyarados, Salamance, Flygon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, ect, ect, all with the same set. Latias is also a decent replacement, as is Celebi.
Gardevoir is currently NU for a reason. Use Alakazam, Latias, or Celebi instead for her job.
3: Put simply, unless you're going to use Dragonite's bulk, or Superpower, which you are not [I don't see Roost or Superpower on that set], Salamance is superior.
Replace Dragonite with Salamance
4: SD Scizor is OK. OK being the key word. I think [not 100%] that Bug Bite with Technician is superior to X-Scizzor. You may want to consider Baton Pass as well. Passing a Swords Dance to Salamance when Heatran or something switches in will be PAINFUL. It also allows you to naviagte Rotom [In which case, your best bet depends on if you think it's Scarfed [Gyarados], or not [Salamance]], with losing stat boosts.
5: Metagross seems decent. The suggestion for Scizor could also help fix it's hitting power, and 'recycle' the Swords Dance when Scizor is weak.
6: Subbounce Gyarados is better in CAP, but is otherwise fine. You may want to test out standard Gyarados.
About the replacements:
If you replace Gardevoir for Latias, consider a Wish Support set. This will help keep your Swords Dance Scizor healthy, and allow it not only more chances to sweep, but, if you have Baton Pass, another chance to pass on Swords Dance to a different Sweeper. I have used Wish Support Latias on my teams before, with sucess. [That said, I almost always have a bulky supporter]
If you replace Gardevoir for Celebi, an offensive Celebi would be a decent set, Choice Specs + Leaf Storm is painful, even on resisted hits, like Draco Meteor... but it destroys Waters.
Salamance could either be DD, or Mixed. DD Mance is not recommended, as you have more than enough set-ups, and MixMance will benifit from the Attack boost, so that it can blow physical walls away, then utterly destroy everything else.
As for the Lead... that's more difficult. As you have 2 pokemon weak to Stealth Rock, and you are running an offensive team, may I suggest Aerodactyl? Fastest of the SR Leads, and rather realiable at what it does... Taunt, SR, die.
1. My Typhlosion is supposed to feint Choice Specs, and gets away with it alot because of how powerful Eruption is. It can take down leads easily especially with Protect, which rapes the Exploders, Metagross and Azelf. It also draws in Heatran, which are OHKOd by EQ. Blissy and Gyra are bitches though =/
2. Even if this wasn't a team revolving around my favorites, I prefer the bulk or Gardevoir much more. Trace is also something Gardevoir has over Alakazam. I really did consider Latias here, but IceSharders, such as a LO Mamo, already rip a huge hole in my team with bad prediction, and I don't want to give it another advantage =3
3. Yeah, I changed it into a bulker spread. Thanks ^_^
4. Actually, I really need Scizor to be a strong sweeper in this team, and Bullet Punch, SuperPower, and XScissor cover essential would be holes in this team, such as speed, ScarfStarmie, TTar, and other crap like that.
5.Mkay ^^
6. Mkay ^^

I really don't want to replace Dnite with mence, because the whole point of this team revolves around every team member being a Pokemon that I like.
On Scizor, Bug Bite > X-Scissor. Technician means Bug Bite has 90 BP to 80 for X-Scissor, and Bug Bite also has a potentially useful secondary effect (gets rid of Lum Berries, pinch berries, etc.).
Yeah, I made this team on the Standered Metagame thing, and it didn't have BugBite. I did remake the team on the Smogon Server, thanks ^_^
Alright, the problem is that favorites are outclassed. Using favorites is fun, but if you want to improve the team greatly, use the things that aren't outclassed.
Typhlosion: Huge problem: No SR. If you are looking for a fire lead, heatran or infernape can get SR up, and take down common leads. Gyrados can switch in and start setting up DDs, (same with any dragon) If you really want typhosion, HP Ice is 100% needed. Still, I would highly suggest a standard lead.
Gardevoir: Gardevoir's special is very impressive, and I do believe that she is not outclassed by alakazam because of bulk and support. However, if you really want to have a useful gardevoir, I would reccomend:
Gardevoir@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/80 def/176 SpA(if you prefer SpA or defensive bulk, this can be tweaked)
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Wish
~Thunderwave/Will-o-wisp
This supports the team and is a pain. The two moves provide perfect coverage, though focus blast is shaky.
(There are better options than gardevoir such as Rotom, starmie, latias, ect)
Dragonite: DD + Fire move + EQ + Dragon Claw is perfect coverage and mixed to take out skarm and such. Bulky allows it to set up on even scizor. Dragonite is really cool, and the bulky (is completely outclassed by mence) but is the way to use dragonite.
If you decide mence, run physically bulky.
Gyrados and metagross are both great.
Consider CB scizor for scouting. You already have plenty of set up.
Typhlosion: Yeah, he can't really do much. If he could have another move spot or two, he would wreak, but since he doesn't, it kinda sucks. Eruption>BlazedOverheat/Protect is a very good combo mostly, but this guy lets crap like Gyra set up too easily. And TTar can't be 2HKOed even with max Attack EVs too. I might change this lead, but still want to use Typhlosion as apart of the team, any suggestions?
Gardevoir: Nice set, but is there some way 'Trick' could be incorperated? It has done wonders so far by allowing Metagross/Gyra/Scizor for a free setup
Dragonite: *is trying that*.
CBzor: what moves should it know? BulletPunch, BugBite/NightSlash/QuickAttack, SuperPower, and Uturn?
Consider replacing Typhlosion with Infernape, as it can get boasts a higher Speed and access to Stealth Rock - something that your team needs. Choice Specs Gardevoir is completely outclassed by Latias; Choice Scarf Latias would fit a better role for this team, revenging Gyarados, Salamence and Kingdra if they manage to get a boost. The EVs on Dragonite are optimized to give Dragonite a sufficient amount of bulk while maintaining some offensive power, setting it apart from Salamence. Try using Roost on Dragonite, as you don't really need much more coverage outside of Dragon Claw + Earthquake, but you do need to keep Dragonite alive. Replace Metagross with something along the lines of Machamp or Choice Scarf Jirachi. Your team is very weak to DDTar and you really need a solution to it. Jirachi can beat Tyranitar 60% of the time and can serve as your secondary check to Gyarados and Salamence if Latias faints. Machamp, RestTalk Machamp in particular, can serve this team well by checking Tyranitar and preventing Magnezone from running you right over.
What...? Are you, um... fucking retarded? Bug Bite hits most of OU for nuetral damage or SE damage; a 135 BP move being shot off from a base 130 base Attack isn't nothing to laugh at, even when resisted >_>.
Speaking of which, you really want to use Bug Bite instead of X-Scissor due to technician boosting its base power to 90, 10 more points higher than X-Scissor.
SubBounce Gyarados isn't useful these days due to sandstorm and Stealth Rock preventing it from staying at full health. Try using offensive Dragon Dance Gyarados, as it covers more, hits harder and doesn't afraid of anything.
ChoiceScarf Jirachi seems like a good option, should it run DracoMeteor? xD
If you want Dragonite to sweep better, give it Life orb and change one of it's move to roost. It allows it to last longer and hit harder. Although Dragonite is my favorite pokemon, Salamence is faster and hits harder.
Keep Bug bite on Scizor, it keeps Gyrados from laughing at you.
Change Sub-bounce Gyra to Offensive DD or Bulky DD.
I don't know what to say about Gardevoir or Typhlosion. It they work for you, use them.
Pretty nice team, it's good that you use pokemon that you like.
I changed Gyra, and the extra attack (IceFang) has done wonders. Should I use something else though (4th move for Gyra). I probably will change Dnite into a more bulky spread, what should I run?
Gardevoir is bad. Starmie is a better screener than it, as is Latias and Celebi. Typlosion is nice in theory, but awful in practice. Just about everyone uses Stealth Rock these days (which btw, you have a huge SR weakness in your team), so if you don't get them up, I'm afraid your behind my friend. If anything, use your own Fake Outer. (Even though, anti-leads are horrible) But I would drop it for anything that has Stealth Rock, i.e. make Metagross a lead, agiligross is kinda bad nowadays.
Scizor if good, but X-Scissor is bad on it, compared to the glory of a technician, STAB boosted Bug Bite :3. Its a much better option, and it steals berries, which is fun.
Yeah, StealthRock really is a pain. Gyra and Dnite, along with Typhlosion if he survives that long, take a whallop by switching in :(
I'm too lazy for a full rate but shouldn't a typhlosion lead have a scarf pretty much every single time? I don't see what this one does any better at.
Scarf is expected, and it is kinda predictable =/

Like someone said earlier, you might want to go with a CB Scizor.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant | Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
--Bullet Punch
--Pursuit
--Superpower
--U-Turn

You get the advantage of being able to counter Rotom-A with Pursuit, and keep the power and coverage that your team desperately needs. I'd go with U-Turn over Bug Bite or X-Scissor as it allows you to scout your opponent and see what he/she will switch to when they see Scizor. You also get a Trick absorber, which, outside of Gardevoir, you don't have.

Speaking of which, I really don't like Gardevoir; it's too weak to really make much difference in the standard metagame. I noticed you don't want another Pokemon weak to Ice, but still want the bulkiness of Gardevoir. Well, I'd suggest this:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Bold | Natural Cure
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
--Rapid Spin
--Recover
--Reflect
--Surf

Another standard set. This, although looking like a pretty pathetic moveset, would help your team in a big way. You really need a Rapid Spinner, and Reflect helps with the meager defenses of the rest of the team. Surf for STAB, and Recover to lengthen the hurt. If you really want another move, you can replace Rapid Spin with Thunderbolt or Ice Beam, but RS is really going to help your team, as Gyarados, Dragonite, and Typhlosion are all weak to Stealth Rock. SR will break Typhlosion's Focus Sash if you switch out and bring it back in, and it doesn't have the speed to get an attack in before it's KO'ed.

OK then, let's go over what Bug Bite does and does not hit then, and then we'll see who's Retarded:

The Top 10:

Scizor: Resists
Tyranitar: Hit for x2, but who's crazy enough to switch in T-Tar against Scizor?
Salamance: Resisted
Heatran: x4 Resist
Latias: Super Effective, but, again, who switches Latias in on Scizor?
Rotom-A: Resists, Scarf Rotom-H then Overheats
Gyarados: Resists
Jirachi: Normal
Metagross: Normal
Gengar: x4 Resist

That's 6/10 Resisting Bug Bite, 2 of them x4 Resisting. Metagross and Jirachi won't be OHKO'ed, especially if they are bulky.

What? Want more proof?

Swampert: Neutral
Lucario: x4 Resist
Rotom-H: Resist
Infernape: x4 Resist
Starmie: Super Effective
Blissey: Neutral
Gliscor: Resist
Azelf: x2
Magnezone: Resists
Skarmory: x4 Resist
Vaporeon: Neutral

Out of the Top 20, there are 5 x4 Resists to Bug Attacks, 6 pokemon who x2 Resist the attack 5 who are hit for neutral, and ONLY 4 who are hit for Super Effective damage, none of which have any business switching in on Scizor anyway.

Just in case your maths fails, that's 11/20 RESISTING. That's not most of OU being hit for x1 or x2.

Bug fails in OU. And it dosen't get any better further down either.

Those who call someone a Retard, only to be proved wrong by said Retard, are even more Retarded.

GG

As I stated before, Bounce on Gyarados is not massivly good. The free turn allows your foe to bring in something to sponge it, such as Jirachi, making your Gyarados just pile up residual damage. You do not want to be giving free turns with Gyarados, as it allows your foe to make a counter.

You mentioned that you dislike Electric attacks, so, as a result, may I suggest a Swampert in the position of Gyarados?

Swampert is immune to Electric type attacks, and only has a single weakness, to a semi-uncommon attacking type.

The set I would suggest is the standard Mixpert. Swampert is probobly better at mid-game rocks than lead rocks, because of it's low speed making it taunt bait, and Swampert gets lots of chances to come in. As for the fourth move, as you're not leading, and you're not using many hazards, I would suggest Surf.

Roar may also work, as a counter to pokemon who think that they can set up on Swampert, or just to annoy your foe as they try and swith to a counter, only to fail, and end up taking 2 lots of SR damage.

However, due to the lack of Water-Type attacks on your team, Surf would be my personal choice [Although, you do have ways to deal with Fire types such as Heatran]

Swampert also has better Synergy than Gyarados. Swampert will draw grass attacks like a magnet. Scizor x4 Resists them. Scizor draws fire-type attacks, Swampert beats any fire-type in the game with ease. It can sponge Earthquakes aimed for Metagross decently, and fire back with Surf/Ice Beam. Swampert is also possibly a better Dragon Counter than Gyarados, due to being bulkier. This helps Dragonite.

Quick Attack does make your Lead Typholsion far better. Now, there's a chance that it might actually damage the second pokemon, with it's sash still intact. Against Azelf, which will gladly use Rocks, Eruption <- Quick Attack leaves you at 100%, ready to Erupt on something else.

Bug fails in OU. And it dosen't get any better further down either.
On Choice band Scizor, yes, Bug Bite is generally a bad option due to CB Scizor being more of a utility than a powerhouse. Swords Dance Scizor on the the other hand, can 2HKO most of OU after a boost. Scizor's only problem exists in its inability to outspeed Rotom-A, as the remaining Pokemon will fall to a Bullet Punch; bulky Gyarados is 2HKOed when factoring in SR, Leftovers, and Intimidate.

Also, 24 of the 48 Pokemon in OU resist Bug Bite (23 if you exclude Aerodactyl due to it being dead or at 1 HP early in the game =/). It might not be most, but hitting half of OU for a decent chunk of damage before a Swords Dance doesn't make Bug Bite a terrible option.

Those who call someone a Retard, only to be proved wrong by said Retard, are even more Retarded
Cool

I noticed right away that you have nothing to take any electric attack directed at Gyarados and you have 3 pokemon who will lose 1/4 of their hp by switching into stealth rocks (technically just 2 since Typhlosion looks like a sacrifice lead.) I'd look into maybe a spinner but defiantly something to absorb electric attacks.

If you move 104 atk EVs into speed you can outrun all positive nature 70 base speed pokemon assuming you have 31 speed IVs (Breloom & Metagorss are the main ones) You lose the power to OHKO Heatran but not to worry, you can outrun neutral nature Heatrans now!

I sugest running outrage over dragon claw on Dragonite. You will have around a 50% chance to OHKO Blissey after SR. It also scores other key KOs that are out of dragon claws reach. Yache berry is still a good idea so you can't get revenged kill when your stuck in outrage.

There's a few more moves that I think should be changed. I found thunderpunch to work a lot better then icepunch. It allows Metagross to check Gyarados who would overwise wall Metas attack. I'd also switch aqua tail with waterfall. The power difference is small but you have 100% accuracy and a 20% flinch rate. I'm not a fan of bounce, but if it works for you go for it.

Hope this helps you.

On Choice band Scizor, yes, Bug Bite is generally a bad option due to CB Scizor being more of a utility than a powerhouse. Swords Dance Scizor on the the other hand, can 2HKO most of OU after a boost. Scizor's only problem exists in its inability to outspeed Rotom-A, as the remaining Pokemon will fall to a Bullet Punch; bulky Gyarados is 2HKOed when factoring in SR, Leftovers, and Intimidate.

Also, 24 of the 48 Pokemon in OU resist Bug Bite (23 if you exclude Aerodactyl due to it being dead or at 1 HP early in the game =/). It might not be most, but hitting half of OU for a decent chunk of damage before a Swords Dance doesn't make Bug Bite a terrible option.

Cool
And considering what Bug Bite is used for, namely Bulky Waters and Grounds, it deos a very good of 2KOing most of these bulky pokes and against most of the resists of what you listed, Scizor would switch out. anyways

Out of the Top 20, there are 5 x4 Resists to Bug Attacks, 6 pokemon who x2 Resist the attack 5 who are hit for neutral, and ONLY 4 who are hit for Super Effective damage, none of which have any business switching in on Scizor anyway.

There are more than 20 OU pokemon... so his point remians valid. Your point is also valid that the top 20 aren't "omgwtf'd" by Scizor, but he still does a comparable amount of damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)