My successful UU team

Blastoise/ Swampert is not that bad but Milotics are a huge pain. I can only take out Milotics if I do an epic outpredict or I receive a blessing from the hax gods.

Double Screen Uxie
Hold Item: Light Clay
Nature Bold
Ability: Levitate
EV spread 252 HP 180 Sp Def 78 Speed

Reflect
Light Screen
Stealth Rock
Psychic

Uxie has always been my lead and there is little reason to change that. The beauty of this set is that any of these four moves could be my turn 1 choice. If I see Electrode or Crobat I am going to psychic because of the oncoming taunt. If I see their opener may be a physical/special threat to my team I use reflect/light screen. If I predict no harm then stealth rock. The beautiful thing is I can use the moves in succession without any conflict. Just an amazing UU lead choice.

Articuno
Hold Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
Ev spread 252 Hp 96 Def 66 SpA 96 Spd

Ice Beam
Roost
Haze
Toxic

Its an original set as far as I know and it is probably my favorite poke. Its bulky and deadly. An ice beam can OHKO sweepers like Yanmega and Shaymin as well as walls like Altaria and Claydol. Toxic is because its bulky and can stall. Roost for longevity. Plus its 230 speed is quite good (Sorry I have no specific examples). It is just simply all purpose. Stealth Rock is a problem but it can take a 50% stealth rock loss and stab neutral hit handily and just roost itself back to full health.

Standard Encore Azumarill
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Huge Power
EV Spread 252 HP 216 Attack 16 Def 10 Spd 16 Spe Def

Aqua Jet
Encore
Superpower
Ice Punch

This set breaks no norms. Aqua Jet is priority stab madness. Ice punch has great type coverage and Focus Punch is great to OHKO Chansey/Clefable who are softboiling or thunder waving. Encore is for people using exploitable moves that my pokes are immune to. Nothing too unusual here.

Special Sweeper Houndoom
Hold Item: Life Orb
Nature Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
Ev spread 6 HP 252 Spd 252 Sp Atk

Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot
Hidden Power Fighting

Sweep? Houndoom absorbs fire attacks or Will O wisps, Nasty Plots on the switch and Flamethrowers everything. Or in a switch in situation can still dish serious unboosted damage with dark pulse and HP Fighting. Life Orb makes Houndoom more fragile but gives that extra damage to kill damaged waters.

Sub Mismagius
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Ev spread 108 HP 220 Spd 182 Sp Atk

Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Thunderbolt

This is a pretty standard set as well. Sub then Calm Mind and get to sweeping. Energy Ball I chose to get rid of those bulky waters which give me so much problem. It helps but Milotic etc. is still a problem. However it works very well to check rapid spinning blastoises. Switch in on the spin. Then energy ball or start sub-minding.

Spinner Hitmontop
Nature: Timid
Ability: Intimidate

Close Combat
Rapid Spin
Sucker Punch
Stone Edge

Rapid Spinning! Stealth Rock is a Huge problem for houndoom and my beloved Articuno. So Hitmontop sees a lot of early play. Sucker Punch is for ghosts who switch in on the rapid spin. Earthquake and Close Combat are for damage.

I believe the team has been doing really well but Rain Dance teams and Bulky waters have been giving me enough trouble that I decided to post this and ask for assistance.
Thanks in Advance

Alright, first of all, Swampert is OU, and this is a UU team (I think.). So don't worry about him.

If you use Focus Punch on Azumarill, you should have Substitute, or use Superpower instead. It's a big gamble, and misprediction there can really hamper you.

HP Ground is better in UU, as it hits those Fire-types that can easily get their own boost off Houndoom.

If you really want to get rid of bulky waters, use T-Bolt over E-Ball on Missy, as Lanturn is the only semi-common Water that is immune to Electric.

That's all for now.

I suggest memento on uxie over psychic, this means watever ur opponent has out will have -2 Atk and SpA, which can net your missy a free sub, or your houndoom a free nasty plot, and thunderbolt > energy ball, 15 higher base power, and when its SE, thunderbolt has 180 power, energy ball 160, quite a large difference. Energy ball will only be hitting gastrodon, in which case shadow ball will be suffice.

Also note that your current Mismagius set is walled and probably Pursuit'd to death by Honchkrow, not a good thing. Do what they said, switch Energy Ball for T-bolt.

If bulky waters are such a problem, why do you have HP Ground on Houndoom? Why not HP Grass to hit those water-types if they are weakened? I don't really see what HP Ground is hitting for you, a neutral Flamethrower does more damage than a 2x HP Ground and a resisted Flamethrower does more damage than a neutral HP Ground. The only 4x Ground weak Pokemon I can think of is Magneton, who is going to die to Flamethrower anyway.

What is Haze doing for you on Articuno? I can't think of many sweepers who would try to use it for set-up anyway. I would think that you would be better off using Sub over Haze to protect yourself from Toxic, which ruins Articuno (or T-wave, not as bad as Toxic, but still very unpleasant).

Sucker Punch on Hitmontop may not stop ghost types, Mismagius for example is most likely just going to use Substitute after switching in as opposed to outright attacking you, and when you use Sucker Punch in that situation you are put in a pretty bad spot. Likewise, Rotom is probably just going to use Trick or WoW against Hitmontop. The only other significant ghost type is Spiritomb, who isn't weak to Sucker Punch anyway. I think you might be better off with Mach Punch for priority.

Likewise, I don't see why you are running EQ on Hitmontop. All it hits are Poison types, but the premier Poison type (Crobat) is immune to it anyway, and the other big Poison types are either neutral to it (Roserade, Venusaur) or not resistant to Close Combat (Drapion), so it's really not much use even against Poison types. And outside of hitting those Poisons it gives fairly redundant coverage with Close Combat. Not to mention that a neutral Close Combat does almost as much damage as a super-effective Earthquake anyway. I think you would be better off using possibly Stone Edge in this spot, it hits fliers who resist your Close Combat and does reasonable damage to Missy and Rotom. If you are willing to switch your ability to Technician, Pursuit is also a possible choice, turning Hitmontop from SubCM Missy set-up bait into a SubCM Missy counter.

Thanks first of for all of the comments.

ap13095: I am going to test out superpower over focus punch but I never really saw setting up focus punch as that much of a problem. But superpower still makes more sense.

vGX: Thunderbolt does seem to have better coverage and honchkrows can get a bit annoying. However, I don't think memento on Uxie is a good idea because psychic has just saved me from more then enough situations. Plus pokes with no attacks are always troublesome.

WJC: I had sub on articuno and switched it to haze and haze has just been so much better. Articuno gets statused often but it rarely is problematic
I am going to keep sucker punch on hitmontop too because it works for revenge killing and is pretty much unexpected.
Techmontop is good but not really for the purposes of this team.
I had stone edge before EQ and you convinced me to switch them back.

Any more suggestions or comments?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)