Project National Dex Bazaar

back again with some medium temperature heat (these teams have won games in the 1500s-1600s). no sample subs but i'll get good enough to nom one of my own teams soon o7

first from the lab we have:

PROJECT ZERAORA
i've been trying to resurrect plasmafister3000 since its speed tier is more relevant than ever. sadly, non-banded knock off doesn't even OHKO z pult due to z crystals being epic. so, it's probably not a good idea at all to try and fit this thing on a team. still, i wanted to try.

warning: long read
i bugged boomer about making an OU viable zeraora team and he helped me with this:
zeraora w/ bax snow
:zeraora: :baxcalibur: :slowking: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian: :kingambit:
this is the first version i used for a while, though with red card slowking. i still have no idea what to put on ferrothorn in terms of moves/spread, but i default to the standard spread w/ rocks + helmet. you'll see a few variations.
i also tried out taunt + bulk up + elec z zeraora and lefties bulk up zeraora.
all of them are about the same, but i think taunt 3 attacks or the following version are easiest to use, and the closest to a sample sub for zeraora i could make right now.
replay vs another bazaar team i posted

version 2:
specs zeraora w/ bax snow
:zeraora: :baxcalibur: :slowking: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian: :kingambit:
this felt a bit better than the other set because taunt didnt beat clodsire and stuff anyway.
ultimately, this led me to build an end to this phase of project zeraora:
lopo koko bax snow
:lopunny-mega: :tapu-koko: :baxcalibur: :slowking: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian:
this feels a lot better than the other team in terms of consistency, also i was just getting sick of using gambit and having to mindgame LOL
dual prio lop for fun idk if it's worth it necessarily
this part of the journey sold me on how damn good dd bax is
have some replays:
i still think there's room to grow for zera + bax snow. regardless, it was a really good time labbing that one!

another zera attempt w/ electric terrain, thanks again to boomer for the help at trying to make zera work
:zeraora: :iron-valiant: :tapu-koko: :kingambit: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian:
took some gen 8 teams that i stole long ago and slapped em into gen 9
fini tini <3
:scizor-mega: :kyurem: :zeraora: :victini: :tapu-fini: :landorus-therian:
optionally run lefties + cc on zeraora here
team is pretty good tbh. fini is a super cool anti meta pokemon.
the core of msciz + kyu + victini w/ fini support is pretty good still in this gen, i think. will have to try more of it
replay of an insanely hard game early in a reqs attempt
replay at 1500s
bonus volcarona + lele versions here and here

bulululucha
:scizor-mega: :tapu-bulu: :hawlucha: :zeraora: :dragonite: :landorus-therian:
pretty cool, could use refinement. zera on grass is pretty smort tho shoutout to whoever i stole the OG gen 8 team from.
kyulop + zera
:lopunny-mega: :kyurem: :zeraora: :corviknight: :clodsire: :serperior:
tried and true gen 8 formula of lopunny + kyurem is unbeatable, right? (it's ok but zeraora probly doesnt help)
taunt spam
:aerodactyl-mega: :ferrothorn: :tornadus-therian: :zeraora: :tapu-fini: :kingambit:
shamelessly stolen w/ some updates for gen 9
eject pack zera
:zeraora: :tapu-koko: :kyurem: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :landorus-therian: :tornadus-therian:
stopped working on this one but i like where it was going
once i'd had my fill of trying out zeraora, i went back to steal some more tech from prior gens and try and mash it into gen 9

EVERYTHING ELSE
zard y sand
:charizard-mega-y: :tyranitar: :excadrill: :landorus-therian: :hatterene: :heatran:
my favorite archetype from gen 6 by far
replay
non-wake sun because why not
:charizard-mega-y: :great-tusk: :kingambit: :hatterene: :victini: :dragapult:
fuck wake all my homies hate wake. throwback to a pre-wake sun team meta...
s/o emvee for rocky helmet hatt its pretty funny. eject button might be better to get vic in for big V creates tho lol.
rockz tops rain (swag)
:swampert-mega: :kabutops: :zapdos: :ferrothorn: :pelipper: :kingambit:
replay vs 1600s where tops goes insane
replay vs 1700s gamer
grass team
:garchomp-mega: :tapu-bulu: :kartana: :hawlucha: :heatran: :rillaboom:
inspired by boomer's deo-d grass spam i thought id try my hand at it and while this team has won some games it's probably bad LOL but i thought it was fun. idk why hawlucha is bulk up over SD my bad.
replay with unfinished version is all i got rn
mmaw kokolucha
v1.0
:mawile-mega: :volcarona: :hawlucha: :landorus-therian: :kommo-o: :tapu-koko:
replay
v2.0
:mawile-mega: :tapu-koko: :hawlucha: :volcarona: :kommo-o: :iron-treads:
idk if tera psychic volc worth. suicide lead iron treads is nice for all the goddamn glimmora.
venu fat
:venusaur-mega: :hippowdon: :tornadus-therian: :dondozo: :garganacl: :heatran:
inspired by LBN. not a good team. bring venu back. maybe tera fairy the garg.
replay vs 1700s trash rain team
venu fat 2
:venusaur-mega: :tapu-fini: :tornadus-therian: :hippowdon: :skarmory: :garganacl:
inspired by (blim's) stored power fini in gen 8 ou. also a mid team but it has potential.
beta test:
hippo skarm garg attempt

:skarmory: :hippowdon: :garganacl: :heatran: :dragapult: :tapu-lele:
maybe run z or specs pult
replay
scale shot loaded dice chomp
:lopunny-mega: :garchomp: :ferrothorn: :tornadus-therian: :tapu-koko: :toxapex:
will keep iterating on this. i think it's really funny having a speed-boosting glaive rush/outrage if you don't miss the first hit. fire blast to snipe corv/skarm/ferro since they're all physdef atm.
meme shit:
final gambit spam

pretty funny; extremely fast games
v1.0
:medicham-mega: :annihilape: :victini: :cyclizar: :kingambit: :xurkitree:
replays 1 2
v2.0
:annihilape: :victini: :cyclizar: :gyarados-mega: :polteageist: :kingambit:
version 2 might be better with volcarona > gambit or something but overall i think v2 is more consistent anyway. no replays on me atm unfortunately for v2.
TL:DR; i like baxcalibur + scarf explosion lando

'til next time

Last edited:
Ghost Spam Sticky Webs:
A sample team submission

:xy/Shuckle: :xy/gholdengo: :xy/Annihilape: :xy/Gyarados-mega: :xy/Dragapult: :xy/Kingambit:
https://pokepast.es/218f07f4ca3af0f3

Overview:

This team is focused on getting Sticky Webs up and constantly pressuring your opponent until they give you an opportunity to set up and either sweep or punch large enough holes into their team that you will win without significant misplays. I believe it would make for a good sample team because of the simple gameplan that it employs and the success it has been able to bring me.

:xy/Shuckle:
Shuckle's goal in life is to get sticky webs up. Anything else it can manage after that is purely a bonus. Mental herb helps it get webs up even in the face of a taunter and tera ghost can be used to spin block if you really need it, but 99% of the time just switching in one of your three other ghosts will be better. Encore can be used to lock mons into either non-damaging moves like a swords dance or a move that another pokemon on this team can easily resist, such as a normal or fighting move that allows a ghost in or a ground move that allows a non-megad Gyarados in. Toxic allows you to put certain annoying mons on a timer and is Shuckle's best way of actually putting damage on something. Stealth rocks are, of course, stealth rocks.

The advantage of running Shuckle over other Webs setters, notably Ribombee, is that it is the only Webs setter that also gets rocks (and encore). This makes it able to handle both hazards the team wants to have up, leaving room for 5 pure set-up sweepers behind Shuckle.

:xy/Gholdengo:
The combination of Gholdengo's ability and typing make it impossible to remove hazards against. This means Gholdengo should come in any time you suspect a defog is coming, such as vs a Rotom-W, Torn-T, Zapdos, or Corv. Gholdengo is bulky enough to eat anything not named heat wave from these mons, and its tera water can be used to live those as well. Leftovers and recover keeps Gholdengo healthy throughout a game and allows it to repeatedly come in to stop hazard removal. Nasty plot, shadow ball, and make it rain all allow Gholdengo to deal large amounts of damage and potentially threaten a sweep depending on how prepared the opposing team is to stop a ghold while at -1 speed. Notably, a +2 Gholdengo is guaranteed to 2HKO Kingambit with Make it Rains, meaning Kingambit is a risky switch-in to an already boosted Gholdengo.

:xy/Annihilape:
Annihilape serves as a great answer to bulky or stall mons and a secondary spin/defog stopper. Tera fire allows it to ignore attempts to burn it and allows you to survive attacks you otherwise would not be able to by either gaining a resistance or dropping a weakness, such as against specs Lele moonblast or +2 Rillaboom grass attacks. Bulk Up and Taunt allow you to set up on defensive mons such as Toxapex or Clodsire, and any time they damage you, your Rage Fist grows stronger and threatens these mons harder. Drain Punch is used to stay healthy and hit steels and darks hard, while leftovers help provide passive recovery even on turns you are not Drain Punching.

:xy/Gyarados-Mega:
Mega Gyarados is one of two dragon dance sweepers on the team and was chosen due to the effectiveness of both Intimidate and Mold Breaker. Base Gyarados can come in on physical threats such as Urshifu and Great Tusk and set up as they switch out, then can pop a mega at either +1 or +2 in an attempt to sweep. Crunch and Waterfall are simply the best STAB options, both being Gyarados' strongest and most consistently used attacks. Power Whip is a surprising option that OHKOs Rotom-W and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike at +1, both of which are mons often brought in as an attempt to force Gyarados out.

:xy/Dragapult:
Dragapult is the other Dragon Dance sweeper on the team, as well as the team's Z-move option. It boasts incredibly high speed and attack stats that allow it to naturally threaten a large portion of the metagame, which is only heightened by the ability to boost these stats further with DDance. Never-Ending Nightmare is an incredibly strong move coming off of Phantom Force that no mon without an immunity or resistance and high defense stat wants to take. Pult is fast enough that, even if webs are cleared or your opponent is running a mon unaffected by webs (such as any HDB or flying mon), it will still be outsped. Dragon Darts and Phantom Force are simply Dragapult's highest damage phsyical STAB moves, and substitute allows it a chance to set up against defensive mons like Toxapex or Ferrothorn, who will likely attempt to use status moves as they come in. It also allows a chance to predict a Kingambit sucker punch and fire off a move without risk from behind the substitute. Clear Body was chosen over Infiltrator due to its ability to ignore Intimidate and opposing webs, and due to the fact that, ideally, the opposing team gets very few chances to set up screens or a substitute thanks to Shuckle's encore and the team constantly creating sweeping threats. A speed-boosting nature was chose over an attack-boosting one due to max speed Dragapult's ability to outspeed max speed Zamazenta and threaten to deal half its health with a Never-Ending Nightmare.

:xy/Kingambit:
Kingambit is the clear best mon in the tier and allows unparalleled cleaning ability. Knock off can cripple mons reliant on items while dealing over half to the vast majority of the meta, Iron Head is a strong option against fairies and rocks that can also be used to try flinching mons to death in a pinch. Sucker Punch allows Kingambit to bypass its poor speed and take out mons that would normally outspeed Kingambit before they get a chance to do so. Swords Dance allows Kingambit to become even stronger, and in an endgame, become completely unstoppable. Tera dark makes Knock Off and Sucker Punch even stronger options while removing weaknesses to fire and ground, as well as turning a 4x weakness to fighting into only a 2x weakness. If properly saved for the endgame, Kingambit is a completely unstoppable beast that can clean up entire teams for a reverse 6-0.

:xy/Garchomp:
Garchomp is an option that can be run over Dragapult, and may actually be better. I've experimented with this swords dance sweeping set, and it does great work as a cleaner and breaker, with the option for a Tectonic Rage nuke if needed. I do think that, while Garchomp may be better than Dragapult, it requires good play to reach this potential, so for a sample team design for new players I believe Dragapult is still better.

:xy/Blacephalon:
Blacephalon can also potentially be run over Dragapult to improve the team's ability to hit physical walls, and I experimented a bit with this set, but overall I found Dragapult to be more valuable in the majority of games.

:xy/Gholdengo: :xy/Dragapult:
Running tech specifically designed for Kingambit, such as tera fighting Focus Blast on Gholdengo or Flamethrower/Fire Blast on Dragapult, is another option I played around with a bit, but overall I felt that their current movesets make them able to handle the widest variety of mons and allow Annihilape or your own Kingambit to answer opposing Kingambits.

:xy/Gyarados-Mega:
Taunt can be used over Power Whip to provide a better matchup against stall or bulky mons, but overall I found beating Rotom-W and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike to be more valuable, as other mons on the team are already able to handle those threats.

:xy/Zamazenta:
Zamazenta is the single biggest threat to this team, specifically its Iron Press set. Gholdengo is the only pokemon on the team that can threaten it from the special side, and it really does not enjoy eating a Crunch. My standard answer to Zamazenta is to attempt saving Shuckle for Encore later in the game to prevent it from setting up too much. In the case of banded Zamazenta, I simply take a hit and switch in whatever mon can eat that hit and force Zamazenta out. Never-Ending Nightmare from Dragapult deals over half against a +1 Zamazenta, so it can be used to get surprise kills from ranges the Zamazenta player wouldn't expect

:xy/Hatterene: :xy/Diancie-Mega: :xy/Cinderace:
Magic Bounce mons, especially Hatterene, threaten to reflect webs back in your face and put you at the constant speed disadvantage. Diancie can be played around by leading Ghold into their (likely) Diance lead, then pivoting hard into Shuckle turn 1 as they switch out, allowing you to click webs with your opponent having a non-mega Diance in the back, and thus, being unable to bounce them back. Hatterene is a bigger issue, as it will always have its Magic Bounce, and thus, always makes clicking Sticky Webs a risk. Cinderace is an issue for a similar reason, Court Change allows it to take your already set Webs and put them on your side of the field, though this is risky for the Cinderace player, as spending a turn reversing hazards may give you enough time to set up one of your sweepers for a win, especially one with Dragon Dance.

:xy/Walking Wake:
Walking Wake, while in sun, can be annoying if you do not have a mon that outspeeds it currently out. Thankfully, Dragapult's ability to outspeed Wake even with a protosynthesis boost with Webs up and Kingambit's ability to threaten revenge kills makes dealing with wake entirely doable. In addition, a Gyarados at +2 or a Dragapult at +1 both get guaranteed OHKOs against Wake, and both mons are fairly easy to set up vs sun teams.

:xy/Indeedee-F: :xy/Tapu Lele:
Psychic Terrain removes Kingambit's ability to revenge kill with Sucker Punch, and Psyspam teams are almost always packing a Hatterene to prevent webs from getting up, along with multiple Focus Sash mons to prevent being swept themselves. However, Gholdengo is able to handle most mons run by Psyspam, and Dragapult's Dragon Darts allows it to ignore Focus Sashes for a sweep anyways.

:xy/Ferrothorn: :xy/Glimmora:
Hazards can be annoying to deal with due to the team's lack of removal, but typically, you do not plan to switch much anyways, so this is only an issue in very specific matchups.

:xy/Kingambit:
Although answered by Annihilape, Gyarados, and your own Kingambit, the potential of a late-game Sucker Punch reverse sweep is still entirely possible if not played around well. Pursuit Kingambit can also make using your ghosts a risk, though once again Annihilape can be used just fine against these sets if you can get it in.

:xy/Great Tusk:
Although incredibly uncommon, banded Great Tusk specifically is very difficult to play around due to how powerful Headlong Rush is. Thankfully, it is a rare enough option that it will only show up in a small percentage of games, and usually Gyarados is able to either kill it or put it in range for Dragapult to clean.

Within 3 days of building the team I was able to climb from 1000 to top 50 on the ladder, as well as win multiple room tours. I believe this team is great for beginners to be able to pick up and immediately see success with.

Last edited:
Ghost Spam Sticky Webs:
A sample team submission

:xy/Shuckle: :xy/gholdengo: :xy/Annihilape: :xy/Gyarados-mega: :xy/Dragapult: :xy/Kingambit:
https://pokepast.es/218f07f4ca3af0f3
yo this team is extremely fun and effective -- shuckle's slow encore has won a bunch of games on its own lmao

i've messed around with replacing pult and sometimes annihilape, and i'm convinced the webs core of shuckle + dengo combined w/ the offensive core of gyara + gambit applying insane amounts of pressure is rock solid. well done.

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
another sample submission:

Electric Terrain Offense ft Ground Moth
https://pokepast.es/bfd664c82ab22134
:tapu-koko: :iron moth: :garchomp: :kingambit: :iron valiant: :rotom-wash:

electric terrain offense is a classic and in my opinion the best playstyle in the metagame.

Koko: sets terrain + teras to pressure rain
Moth: beats down clodsire to open up Valiant lategame, while also forming a pivot core with koko, moth, and washtom
Chomp: hazard stack goes brazy + this guy helps pressure fat volcarona, which can be rly annoying if played right, tera water to beat down rain even more
Gambit: classic mon, can pursuit trap dengo for valiant if needed, but valiant can also just break through it with z electrium, and is also a great sweeper in its own right.
Valiant: wincon of the team, breaks through many cores lategame with moonblast, tbolt, and focus blast, z move lets you ohko things like iron moth and gholdengo after a CM without sacrificing ur strong defensive typing against Kingambit.
Washtom: the goat mon, pivot that also pressures phys attackers like Mega Scizor, tera fairy lets you take on wake a bit better

Play this team very aggressively and you will be thankful. There is no removal, but you can slot defog over wisp on washtom if needed, but you essentially pressure w early game hazards + midgame breaking with either moth or valiant, and then clean up with kingambit/valiant/koko.

first sample submission:

rank 1 gen 9 sand balance depends which version you use
(modified version of thugnar by sealoo/gamer but swag)

kingambit version

https://pokepast.es/2bea652432b9c4f9
sableye version
https://pokepast.es/832eec7119f05e82
H.zoro version
https://pokepast.es/580254f58ede9108
:Hippowdon: :Skarmory: :Toxapex: :Clefable: :Garganacl: :Zoroark-Hisui:
1681391589946.png

Hippowdon is a highly underrated Pokémon in the tier, with its solid typing and reliable recovery making it a key player in sun and rain teams. Its high Defense stat allows it to invest in Special Defense, making it an excellent check against Charizards, Lele, Tapu Koko, and various other physical and special attackers.

Skarmory is another formidable Pokémon, capable of completely walling some of the best Pokémon in the tier, including Kingambit, Dragonite, Scizor, Phys Pult, Rilaboom, Great Tusk, and Kartanna. With only 96 Speed EVs, Skarmory is often used to pivot into these Pokémon and set up hazards to wear down the opposing team.

Toxapex is a highly versatile Pokémon that can function as both a wall and a disruptor. Its Sludge Bomb move is particularly useful for taunting or subbing against Urshifu, but it can also inflict toxic damage on the opposing team.

Clefable is another underrated Pokémon this generation, being the only check to mixed EQ/Fire Blast Garchomp, which can otherwise easily take down Skarmory. It is also capable of walling every Pult set, making it a key player in many teams.

Garganacl is a highly durable Pokémon that becomes almost impossible to kill with support from Hippowdon's sand. When equipped with Iron Press, it becomes a potent sweeper capable of taking down even some of the strongest Pokémon in the tier.

Sableye or Zoroark are both useful Pokémon for this team. Sableye is often used as a heatran/anihilape/medicham, while Zoroark is an excellent offensive pressure point that can also wall Annihilape.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842767588
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1842126373
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1841573763

Some of the biggest threats to this team include Baxcalibur, which can be difficult to handle but under screens or with a Substitute its unwinnable matchup. Choice Specs Tera Psychic Lele requires careful prediction or outplaying with Zoroark to overcome. Finally, Terra Flying Gholdengo can be a challenging matchup, but having Terra Water on Garganacl can help overcome it but if it cloak its on automatic loss.
heatran: if you see a heatran forfeit both garg and hippo somehow loose to it

overall the team is pretty simple to use with all the HO teams running about. ignore the nicknames

Last edited:
:sv/nidoking:
back with another project. this time i wanted to try and resurrect nidoking! posted in order of effectiveness (spikestacks for days)
nidoking malt fat
:nidoking: :altaria-mega: :hippowdon: :skarmory: :garganacl: :toxapex:
:nidoking: :altaria-mega: :hippowdon: :toxapex: :mandibuzz: :garganacl:
this team is really solid (lol hippo skarm garg). nidoking loved some fat teams in gen 8. slow wallbreaker is pretty perfect to complement the chip damage that this archetype forces. knock off > scald on pex because i felt like it. lando-t matchup is pretty easy anyway. also wanted to run u-turn on mandi over knock. skarm version prob better.
nidoking diancie meow HO
:nidoking: :diancie-mega: :meowscarada: :dragapult: :tapu-lele: :ditto:
fun lil spikestack HO. get a layer of spikes up fast but do not sack diancie too early since it's also your hazard deterrent. scarf meow is surprisingly good. outspeeds mega pert in rain and ties with timid venu in sun. outruns +1 wake and can hit tera water or non-tera'd wake, as well as knocking its likely choice item if they stay in on your meow. it is, however, not tanky enough to handle kingambit as a dark resist -- huge threat to the team but can be played around. you can replace scarf lele w/ AV or fight z, but i personally don't mind dual scarf (ditto aside). it's possible i'll try some nidoking + diancie webs later.
nidoking mlop spikes BO
:nidoking: :lopunny-mega: :ferrothorn: :tornadus-therian: :gholdengo: :volcanion:
if fly z torn aint your thing you can run standard defog + specs or sub volcanion. originally had dual hazard ferro, but lost too much momentum. everything on this team appreciates hazard chip damage. volcanion is semi-wake answer + emergency defog, which also pressures common stealth rockers and defoggers. i think volcanion is underrated/underexplored and will be trying some more builds with that mon.
rocks + 3a nidoking is nice on offense since the 'king is pretty much a slug these days and it matches up well into lead lando + defoggers. timid > modest is definitely an option to outspeed modest kyu/lele, jolly gyarados/dragonite/hoopa, and adamant great tusk. i usually prefer bigger damage, but a 2HKO is a 2HKO at the end of the day. overall, seems right now nidoking is best on real fat teams. i still have no idea what this thing wants to tera, but if you choose the same type as any one of your attack moves, you're probably golden.
required text
:manectric-mega: :volcanion: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :kingambit: :tapu-lele:
spikes + volt turn + 2x intim is pretty solid. i want to lab this one more. no spinblocker outside of tera ghost ferro.
:tapu-koko: :iron-valiant: :iron-leaves: :gholdengo: :clodsire: :moltres:
experimenting w/ sets but i'm an eterrain spam + moltres believer. could run u turn on moltres to get some actual momentum going with this team but i liked having access to mystical fire.
thx bai o7
go try to make nidoking work yourselves~~

Last edited:
Behold, My Masterpiece!!!
dfn6gj6-5b096ae0-5b3c-4854-95aa-6a036d461c8e.jpg

Yeah that's right... A Scovillain team. I personally LOVE this pokemon, from its design to its typing, to the fact that is has Chlorophyll as its ability. In fact Scovillain became the main reason that I main sun this gen of natdex(Not Walking Wake like all the wannabes in ladder). Now it isnt perfect, its frailty in conjuction with its uselessness outside of Sun make him pretty unattractive to many, where u would be better of with Venusaur instead. However the payoffs can be rewarding thanks to it's vicious (And I'm sorry for saying the pun) FIRE POWER. Neutral targets have to be Insanely Specially bulky unless they get Roasted by Fire Blast, and even Flamethower can OHKO many neutral targets like Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, and Tapu Lele. And even resist arent safe, as they could end up 2hkoed as well, something as bulky as Tankchomp gets 2hkoed by Fire Blast, and OHKOed if its sets up a Growth.
So here is the team overall:
:torkoal::scovillain::walking wake::great tusk::kingambit::zapdos:

:torkoal: Obviously since this is Sun, where are going to be using him. I am personally not a semisun fan for Scovillain, since u need those turns in order for Scovillain to be useful. Now torkoal actually has another role outside of just Drought amd hazards, but it can be used as a semicheck to the King of the tier, Kingambit, with solid 140 def, it can potentially take a hit and ohkoed in return with Body Press, or put it to sleep with Yawn(that or force it out). Not the best at it, but it is decent option in case we lose our Great Tusk.

:scovillain:The main cooker in this team. I already gave an explanation of Scov wants to do, but yeah, you basically want to start blastin' and make the most of sun while it's out. Giga Drain allows us to gain longevity after losing health between Life Orb and Chip from Stealth Rock in case u couldn't remove em. Stomping Tantrum is for coverage vs Heatran and Clodsire(here is hoping game freak gives it Earthquake or Earth Power). With 32 atk evs it can 2hko Clod after rocks. Growth allows it to really sweep if the opponent tries to scout out your moves, and from there it can just smack everything that isn't immune to Fire Blast.

:walking wake: Yeah, it feels kinda mandatory to run in Sun. The set I use its a Sub Z set in order to scout people expecting Specs. Draconium Z allows Wake to get a Devastating Drake boosted Draco Meteor without dropping SpAtk, that allows us to fire it off, or Hydro Steam and Flamethower without drawbacks afterwards. Plain and simple honestly, it can be used as an early wallbreaker for Scov to clean up later, or it can be vice versa.

:great tusk: Another excellent Sun abuser. Tusk brings a lot to the table between high Atk and bulk. With Rapid Spin, it can clear hazards while also gaining a speed boost. Earthquake and Close Combat are heavy hitting moves it appreciates to have. And Ice Spinner is a great Coverage option. Plus, it can counter the King of the tier Gambit. Overall, a Great physical abuser that can be very useful for Scov and Wake to clean up.

:kingambit: This one is mainly here to handle Dragapult, as first I was running Blaziken(which is still very good in sun to be clear) but i was always getting destroyed by pult, so I slapped it on here. Another note is that I gave it Brick Break to handle Screens and opposing Kingambit.

:zapdos: Now this one is interesting, cause I was initially running Hatterene over it. And while its M Bounce and bulk are good with eject button to bring Scov safe, it wasn't doing much in general. Zapdos has a lot of support for this team. With Discharge and Static, it has high chance to paralyze something in the opponent's side, and with U-turn, it can bring Scov safe, and doesn't get stopped by Ground types like Volt Switch is. Heat Wave is good to enjoy a lil sunbath as well, and lets it destroy Ferro and Mscizor as well. And Roost for the longevity.

All in all, it's a very fun team, that can keep up with some of the best teams out there.

Last edited:

about15guys

Who's this chainsaw man
is a Pre-Contributor
This is NOT a sample submission
It is nowhere near fully optimized, or even that effective outside of 1500-1600, might potentially be resubmitted once it gets optimized more

(Click the icons for the importable)
:clodsire::gliscor::chansey::buzzwole::scizor-mega::toxapex:
Scizor-Mega Semistall/Fat

Reality Distortion (Clodsire)
Resident unaware wall, phenomenal special bulk paired with entry hazard support makes this pokemon a general thorn in the side for pokemon like volcarona or nasty plot gholdengo. Can also sponge hits from choicelocked ival or tapu lele

SECRET BOSS (Gliscor)
The hazard control of the team, since I'm not running spikes, defog has a much lower cost in removing your own hazards, is also great at spreading toxic throughout a game, absorbing knock offs from certain pokemon like gambit or eating status moves

Bermuda Triangle (Chansey)
Catchall Special wall, this pokemon excels at sitting on potent metagame threats like charizard-mega-y and non-psyshock lele variants. Aromatherapy is a great support option, since removing burns from scizor-mega or non-poison statuses on gliscor is a good option, while also packing wish for a near-full heal on every other pokemon on this team. Confide slot is open, I'm mainly running it for additional support options

ΩΩPARTS (Buzzwole)
A great physical wall, able to take hits from potent metagame threats like zamazenta, ddance pult, urshifu-s, mpert or mgyara. I'm using drain punch for reliable recovery alongside constant damage, and ice punch for flying types like zapdos or landorus-therian, but feel free to swap out toxic for bulk up if you want a little less passivity

Sswwiinnddlleerr!! (Scizor-Mega)
The mega of choice for this team, I chose this over sableye-mega since this team doesn't generally care about hazards like stealth rock alongside a unique defensive profile allowing scizor-mega to beat tapu lele, which would normally give this team problems, alongside being one of the few mons able to keep diancie-mega from getting up rocks

FINAL BLENDERMAN (Toxapex)
Obvious pokemon is obvious, pex is just an all-around fantastic mon for slower teams, crippling switchins with either scald or toxic alongside packing impressive longlevity with regenerator. Phenomenal all-around pick for bulky teams

(all of these are named after camellia songs)

Last edited:
earlier in the thread, I posted about mildly successful nidoking teams I'd tried to shoehorn into the ladder. so, I asked my pal bruh to make a better team. well, today, folks, we have that team. I proudly present:

Xurkiyee aka bruh's king shit ft. spiky lads of healthy meta
:sv/nidoking: :sv/tornadus-therian: :sv/lopunny-mega: :sv/ferrothorn: :sv/toxapex: :sv/kingambit:

~*this is a sample submission*~
bruh (pee pee tower) peaked #1 on the ladder using this team (hi adriyun)
1682387720209.png
standard sets + sub nido. kingspam is real.
unfortunately i dont think he saved any replays at peak. using rounded elo numbers.
@1900 vs 1670 during the climb. this replay showcases how substitute flips matchups on their heads, particularly, blocking kingambit's sucker punches.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1849252769
@1900 vs 1840 post peak gaming for rest of replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1850885152
@1880 vs 1810 despite losing LO, nidoking helps to demolish fat balance
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1851006445
@1900 vs 1600 but a good nidoking game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1850976374
threatlist
:garchomp: chainchomp and z chomp blast this team in the ass
:charizard-mega-y: is a pain for non-spdef pex
:great-tusk: can predict right and get a kill
:zapdos: off zappy is rly hard to handle :(
:diancie-mega: 4a hits everything, outspeeds most; 2x def boost hard to break

grats bruh + thanks for the team :)

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
earlier in the thread, I posted about mildly successful nidoking teams I'd tried to shoehorn into the ladder. so, I asked my pal bruh to make a better team. well, today, folks, we have that team. I proudly present:

Xurkiyee aka bruh's king shit ft. spiky lads of healthy meta
:sv/nidoking: :sv/tornadus-therian: :sv/lopunny-mega: :sv/ferrothorn: :sv/toxapex: :sv/kingambit:

~*this is a sample submission*~
bruh (pee pee tower) peaked #1 on the ladder (hi adriyun)
View attachment 511458
standard sets + sub nido. kingspam is real.
unfortunately i dont think he saved any replays at peak. using rounded elo numbers.
@1900 vs 1670 during the climb. this replay showcases how substitute flips matchups on their heads, particularly, blocking kingambit's sucker punches.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1849252769
@1900 vs 1840 post peak gaming for rest of replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1850885152
@1880 vs 1810 despite losing LO, nidoking helps to demolish fat balance
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1851006445
@1900 vs 1600 but a good nidoking game
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1850976374
threatlist
:garchomp: chainchomp and z chomp blast this team in the ass
:charizard-mega-y: is a pain for non-spdef pex
:great-tusk: can predict right and get a kill
:zapdos: off zappy is rly hard to handle :(
:diancie-mega: 4a hits everything, outspeeds most; 2x def boost hard to break

grats bruh + thanks for the team :)
how do u handle heatran w this team? love it but i've laddered a bit and rly struggle - do you just have to not let it in? everything except pex can't really take hits from it & pex gets trapped

how do u handle heatran w this team? love it but i've laddered a bit and rly struggle - do you just have to not let it in? everything except pex can't really take hits from it & pex gets trapped
I personally haven't had any issues with Heatran yet, but here's the authoritative answer
1682548661282.png

So earlier this week, my friends and I had wanted to peak the ladder with some cheese ass strategy, and we finally settled on Xurkitree as our choice. This is NOT a sample submission.

eliana., Strat8246, Bored Pikachu, NoName6293, pidgeyo, and Nefarious 2.0 PRESENT

THE PLUG SHAKER (PEAKED #1 ON LADDER)
:sv/shuckle: :sv/xurkitree: :sv/great tusk: :sv/tapu lele: :sv/kartana: :sv/gholdengo:

PROOF OF PEAK:
Atlantis Lawn.jpg

BUILDING PROCESS
The primary goal with this team was to make :xurkitree: the star of the show, and I'd say it was a success. We first began pairing :shuckle: with :xurkitree: since we thought webs would be the best way to bring out the lightbulb's talents. Our next choice was a pretty obvious one, :gholdengo:, as he prevents both defog and rapid spin allowing us to keep hazards up. Our next 2 choices were part of the anti :kingambit: core needed to make this team not immediately fold to the King. :Tapu Lele:'s terrain provided much needed priority blockage for :xurkitree:'s sweeps in the endgame, while :great tusk: gave us some immediate firepower. Lele and Tusk under webs are terrifying, as with Choice Specs and Booster Energy respectively, their attacks hit like two wrecking balls. Finally, we had to have an option for when we played bad, or if :xurkitree:'s gimmick didn't work, so we picked the reliable :kartana:.

SET EXPLANATIONS
:sv/shuckle:

(Shuckle) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off/Final Gambit
- Encore

Standard, boring Shuckle set. Used this mon over another setter mainly to set up encores into one of our breakers. Tera ghost to prevent random rapid spins but you'll likely very rarely click the tera button on this mon.

:sv/xurkitree:

(Xurkitree) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

The mon we built around and the star of the show. I know what you're thinking, this set is garbage cheese that should've never escaped Gen 7. And I agree, but hear me out.

Psychium Z with the Hypnosis gives you a +1 speed boost and has a 60% chance to sleep the mon in front of you. A successful sleep can allow for an easy tail glow into some immediate kills. This mon forces lots of switches, so under webs you should be able to Hypnosis a switch in should your Z-Hypnosis miss the first time. Gimmicky, I know, but this team is unserious anyway. HP EV's come in clutch instead of max offenses, as they allow you to live certain attacks from :kingambit:, :kartana:, random :rillaboom:, and others. Your Special Attack is already very high even with 12 EV's invested.

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Xurkitree in Grassy Terrain: 271-319 (73.6 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

:sv/great tusk:
(Great Tusk) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Our team's hazard removal and offensive powerhouse/:Kingambit: check. Tusk does Tusk things and under webs is especially scary when it can't be outsped and killed. Dual stab and ice spinner give enough offensive coverage for most meta threats while booster energy with webs up gives you a bit less than a free dragon dance on :great tusk: on it's first switch in. Tera water to survive a hit from unboosted :gholdengo:, :charizard-mega-y:, :urshifu-rapid-strike:, :swampert-mega:, :medicham-mega:, :diancie-mega: and others. Again, not very common to tera this, and I'll get into why soon.

:sv/tapu lele:
(Tapu Lele) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

More standard here, with Specs Lele for its immense power under Sticky Web. Standard specs set, with Timid to outspeed HDB :baxcalibur: and :great tusk:. Lele's terrain provides an extra layer of security when fighting :Kingambit: and other priority spamming mons. Tera Water is here solely for :charizard-mega-y:, which is this team's worst matchup. This isn't unwinnable however, and I'll explain how in the next section.

:sv/kartana:

(Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Smart Strike

Standard Scarf Kart, Tera Grass to hit a bit harder. Nothing else to say here. This mon is just here to do Kart things and sweep late game or knock things off early game if it isn't needed. Scarf Kart on webs may seem silly but with the huge usage :diancie-mega: is getting at the moment (who outspeeds kartana), we decided to keep the scarf on.

:sv/gholdengo:

(Gholdengo) @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Recover/Focus Blast

This mon is very tough to revenge kill under webs unless your opponent's team carries Pursuit, which not all teams do. Tera Fly gives you a way to avoid all of your weaknesses. This mon is the one who benefits most from tera on this team, and is the mon you likely will tera the most. Nasty Plot and Stabs gives you potent offensive pressure and under webs, :gholdengo: can straight up 6-0 certain teams. Also, the good bulk and leftovers it holds allows for :gholdengo: to have some good survivability to check threats like :tapu lele: once or twice per match. Focus Blast can be used over Recover to immediately kill :Kingambit: or force it to tera. This mon forces trades with your opponents threats, and this can lead to better situations for your team in the long run. Air balloon is another option for those who like having a bit easier time switching in to :great tusk:.

PLAYSTYLE/GAMEPLAN

This Team requires Aggressive Play, making good double switches to get your desired mons in at the right time is crucial. In most matchups without an opposing magic bouncer, you can lead :shuckle: and get up preferably both hazards. If you see a :charizard: on the opposing team, prioritize stealth rock over sticky web, as that mon needs to be chipped immediately. If you see a magic bouncer, you can immediately lead :gholdengo: and double out to :shuckle: if the opponent has :diancie-mega:. Shuckle preferably gets up both hazards, or gets up one and sets up an encore and dies. At this point you can go to a mon that beats whatever the opponent has out, and double on their swap or attack what's in front of you depending on the matchup. You can then keep doubling to get your :xurkitree: in a favorable position to boost up and win. Xurkitree forces several switches in this metagame so you'll likely have the ability to click hypnosis multiple times per game, and you realistically only need one hit to win in several matchups. One more aspect of this team is trading, you'll constantly be trading mons for chip or kills with this team to sweep with something in the endgame. Keep in mind which mons on the opponents side threaten your sweep and trade your less useful mons for as much damage as possible on those threats.

THREATLIST
1. :charizard-mega-y: - This is the biggest threat to this team, but it is not unbeatable. Save your tera for this mon and prioritize Stealth Rocks with :shuckle:. Using Tera Water on :tapu lele: can immediately catch the Zard user off guard when you live one fire blast and claim a kill with specs Psyshock.

2. :diancie-mega: - Another obvious hard mon to defeat as Magic Bounce reflects your hazards away. Not unbeatable though. 99% of :diancie-mega: users will lead with it trying to catch your shuckle. Leading :gholdengo: and immediately doubling to :shuckle: can prevent :diancie-mega: from Mega Evolving. However, Protect is an option :diancie-mega: sometimes uses. If your opponent's team looks extremely hazards weak, consider the possibility of protect on their :diancie-mega:. In which case, you can immediately Make it Rain to scare them away. You may be forced into a game without Sticky Web, which isn't autolose. Against slower mons, your :xurkitree: can still setup and deal large amounts of damage. Additionally, :tapu lele:, :gholdengo:, and :great tusk: can all tank one hit from :diancie-mega: and trade with it (Great Tusk will need to use Tera for this. 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Water Great Tusk: 301-355 (81.1 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) . These mons also are not too slow to function without webs support, and they can still win you games even if you come across a well played Protect :diancie-mega:.

3. :dragapult: Specifically Clear Body or HDB Sets. Dragon Dance Z :dragapult: seems like a huge threat since it can't be dropped by webs, but in reality this mon can't set up on anything and can get taken out by every offensive mon on the team. I'd advise keeping :great tusk: healthy to trade with this mon if it's a physical set, or use your :gholdengo:'s tera to trade with it.
3. :hatterene: another threat to :shuckle:, but this mon is slow and easily killed by almost every team member.

4. :gholdengo: Can be quite annoying to deal with, specifically with Air Balloon sets. Your best option is to tera your own :gholdengo: and trade damage, as all you need is chip for :kartana: or :tapu lele: to kill them on a later turn.

5. :heatran: Annoying in theory, but it gets turned into :xurkitree: food provided you hit with a Hypnosis. These like to lead against :shuckle: so you can encore them into Taunt, Stealth Rock, or Magma Storm and proceed from there. Scarfed :heatran: additionally can prove annoying, but you can deal with them via Web slowdown.

6. :clodsire: Rare, but completely shuts down :xurkitree:. Your best option is to sleep it and swap to a mon that can kill it.

REPLAYS
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1853816353 - Lightbulb shenanigans
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1854235633-or50j7izbhoddcer7l4kqgja8dzacrdpw - Another lightbulb sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1853271445-n9rzzr8f1a2acgrbmh4tv9ouwlecztbpw - Xurkitree's bulk comes in clutch with heavy hypnosis luck

Final Remarks

This team is some heavy cheese/matchup/luck fish, but we hope you all enjoy trolling people on the ladder with it, as the sweeps with Lightbulb are insane. Have fun!

Bonus Team for if you read this far: https://pokepast.es/1767f29a96be1d9c

Last edited:

Mawlicious

Banned deucer.
Corvi + Clef FAT
:ss/corviknight: :ss/clefable: :ss/toxapex: :ss/gliscor: :ss/heatran: :ss/lopunny-mega:

(click image for team)

Building:
To be fully honest, I only made this team to write an analysis on bulk up Corviknight. It turned out to be pretty fun to use, and it's nice to see this mon actually doing things while gholdengo is still in the tier messing defog corvi up. Fat against fat usually are usually pretty stalled-out games, and BU corvi helps make progress your team. Clef, Gliscor, and Pex are better than ever after the recent Shed Tail, Annihilape, and WW bans, so here's my attempt to showcase this team.

Team Description:
:corviknight: Corviknight is the GOAT. It eats hits from the likes of Mega Diancie, Great Tusk, SD Lando and Chomp, and Dragonite and beats them slowly but surely. Is a great setup sweeper with Bulk Up, surprisingly. It sets up on a plethora of passive mons and just takes over the game if the opponent can’t deal with it, which most can’t. Hell, the only consistent check to it is Taunt Heatran and Zapdos, but Heatran can and will get PP stalled and chipped down and Zapdos can’t really touch Corviknight after it Tera Dragon + it can’t deal with its partners in crime Clef and Heatran. The man even beat Iron Press Skarm in a 1v1 thanks to Pressure and sub, though Corviknight needs to tera dragon when it Roosts

:clefable: Clefable is such a great mon now: the recent bans gave it a much-needed break to shine. Calm Mind and Knock Off feels counterintuitive but is actually one of the biggest brain ideas ever. It lures in Pex, Gholdengo, and Heatran and removes their item, and can also help threaten to win the game late game.

:toxapex: Toxapex does what it always does: outlasts the opponent and slowly but surely kills them while laughing menacingly. FR though helps against Sun, Zama, Urshifu, and Weavile.

:gliscor: Gliscor is another mon that loves the recent bans and is imo one of the best and most consistent defoggers under Great Tusk. U-turn would be a great tool on it, but Toxic fits much better to help against Rotom-W, Volcarona, and other annoyances to the team. Its main job is to remove hazards and not let opposing Heatran get a kill every time it switches in. EVed to outran most Gholdengo and all Heatran.

:heatran: Heatran is the team’s sun check and hazards setter. Not a great volc check as it lacks toxic, though gliscor and toxapex help cover volc. Helps against opposing balance teams and is just a great mon in general.

:lopunny-mega: Lop revenges and cleans. Nothing much to say there. Quick Attack over U-Turn to lock down on weakened foes, and can threaten King and Gholdengo.

Game Plan / Win Condition:
  • Weaken opposing Heatran and Zapdos by baiting them with Clef and Toxapex.​
  • Freely abuse Corviknight’s bulk and free turns given to you after checks are gone.​
  • If Corviknight’s sweep ended early use Clef to sweep / break.​
  • If Corvi and Clef both fainted Lop is going to be your wincon most of the time, thus Heatran is important to remove opposing Toxapex and Skarm.​

Some replays in mid ladder:
DISCLAIMER: The replays below were when I was just trying out the team; definitely not optimized gameplay. I should prob get newer, better replays but too lazy at the moment + hopefully it's enough for a taste of what team can do.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1855188937
Against rocks Garg + Yard Y. Dragonite pp stalled by yours truly.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1855193986-z75vtng624ch0hedjbzv9a13o0nkqsupw
The team but got threatened by BU Corvi hard. (note: not the most optimal way to pp stall Scizor. Don’t spam BU like I did in this match.)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1855199834
DD pult falls to clef in a close game.

Threats:
:Kingambit:+2 252+ Atk Black Glasses Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny-Mega: 283-333 (104.4 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Hopefully you can see from this calc that King is insane, especially with how easy it sets up. It is critical that you don’t give this mon a free turn. The best play is almost always a hard switch into Gliscor to absorb Knock Off (once Gliscor is poisoned of course), and to threaten Kingambit with Earthquake and, if you predict tera, Toxic.

:Tapu Koko: Due to its excellent coverage and power, Specs Koko is surprisingly threatening, 2HKOing Heatran after Tera Electric and having a high chance to OHKO Gliscor with Hp Ice. You just got to hope that it isn’t specs. If you think it’s screen koko lead with Gliscor to get free toxic + try to outplay the screens and taunt.

:Hoopa-Unbound: Hoopa’s an actual threat to this team, given how easy it wall breaks. Tera Dark will 2HKO Clef with Hyperspace Fury. Thankfully, once you leave the 1400s on ladder the mon just despawns from the server.

:Iron Valiant: SD and trick variants are the most troublesome. Plain specs is easy to outplay, given Toxapex is so damn reliable.

:Tyranitar-Mega: :Charizard-Mega X: Never went up against one on the ladder, but DD Ttar and Yard X will break massive holes in this team.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/4098124bebd11c65
Gen 9 stall
:Garganacl: this guy here is mainly for defensive threats and residual damage from salt cure. Given the right pivoting and moves, Garganacl is able to set up on rain and cause damage with salt cure. Tera fairy typing gives it less of a weakness to water while water typing gives it resistance. Also functions as a ghost resist
:Toxapex: the pex! Here she is. This is one of your stallers
:rabsca: revival blessing
:pawmot: revival blessing and an electric immune
:Clodsire: this is your rocker and another stall abuser. This mon functions as a second electric immune and koko resist.
:corviknight: great stall mon! This mon helps against mega swampert, grounds, and other physically offensive Pokémon as well as contributing pressure stall.
Edit: I forgot to include some of the other Teras so I repasted

https://pokepast.es/d3459b3717246e4a

A playable balanced team.

I have to say the balance is not a good style in this meta. Whatever you do you can always be smashed by some weird things. I don't even have slot for some speedy late game sweeper on this team……

Anyway this is still a team that handles most situations.
Mandibuzz is very important, otherwise you lose a mon everytime a banded Hoopa-U comes in (Tusk will be taken down slowly, not to say the potential Psychic). It's also a switch in for opponent's Tusk and toxic it.
Altaria is the Zard x&y answer, and I feel I need a Fairy after once swept by Kommo. But the perish-trap set may not be needed. I'm considering change to the common Fire+Ground coverage.
Tusk is the Kingambit answer, but not that solid (can anything really counter that shit defensively?). You have to play very carefully. Stone Edge is to prevent Pinsir from just come in and SD.
Ghold&Garg are the main way to deal damage. Covert Ghold is really good. Sitting on the face of opponent Garg is one thing, you are also free of hax from Moonblast, Psychic, Thunderbolt, etc.
Pex is just pex. But maybe you can change it to something else like Tangrowth. Altaria is added to this team only recently, so pex used to be the ZardY answer (not extremely reliable since it's Def set of course)

Quark Drive is overrated. Surge Surfer is where it’s at!

Introduction:

Hi, I'm TJE Spectre, also known as Spectre Ace and I have an unhealthy obsession of making teams with Raichu-Alola. I have done this all through Gen 7, Gen 8, and just recently, National Dex in Gen 9. (Please release HOME, TPC, please I'm begging you.) I am not just posting this team because I like Raichu-Alola. I'm posting because I have reached #5 on the ladder with this team below.
https://pokepast.es/fe0b09e1dc3e741c

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 128 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

Kingambit @ Assault Vest
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Iron Head

Raichu-Alola (F) @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Surge Surfer
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Electric
Modest Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Surf
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Team Breakdown:
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko is a given component in this team's strategy. It does its job well. Swaps in, sets up terrain, pivots, and roosts if it's too low. Dazzling Gleam is ideal for Great Tusk, Garchomp, and Tera Electric BP-ID Zamazenta. Terrain Extender to make Electric Terrain last longer, getting the most out of Raichu-Alola. Tera Grass is not used often, but can be good in easing prediction from Rillaboom.

:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash is the chosen Defog support for this team because of its phenomenal matchup against Pokémon such as Scizor-Mega, Swamper-Mega, and Dragonite. Will o' Wisp cripples all three, and its natural speed outpacing max speed Adamant Kingambit is a plus as well. Hydro Pump (when it hits) hits grounds types such as Great Tusk and Landorus-Therian, making it an excellent partner in a team with two other Electric types. Slow Volt Switches into Kingambit, Garchomp, and Raichu-Alola are very nice as well. Tera Steel is good for tanking a Moonblast from Lele or Valaint to Volt Switch or get at least one hit off in a pinch.

:scizor-mega: Scizor-Mega forms a great VoltTurn combo with the two previously mentioned Pokémon above. It's the standard Smogon Spread I got off the sets page. It serves as spectacular role compression to check Tapu Lele, Iron Valiant, and Diancie. It can swap into Lopunny-Mega and it baits Pokémon such as Heatran for Garchomp. U-turn is great for chipping Ting-Lu, and Swords Dance also give Scizor a chance to sweep with Bullet Punch as well.

:garchomp: Garchomp is the designated Stealth Rock setter and acts as a great way to break Landorus-Therian, Zapdos, Rotom-Wash, and Pelipper with Dragonium Z Outrage. STAB Earthquake hits Clodsire, Gholdengo, assuming it's not Tera Flying, Kingambit, and Heatran, assuming it is unable to Tera Grass. Garchomp is also the main Pokémon that is used to switch into Heatran.

:kingambit: Kingambit is specifically designed to take on Specs Dragapult, Gholdengo and opposing Kingambit. Assault Vest is to take hits better from Shadow Balls, while not sacrificing EVs from speed. Kingambit is max speed Adamant Low Kick to outpace the standard Kingambit set and OHKO it. I've found Supreme Overlord to be much more reliable than Defiant on this type of team because the team does not mind Defog too much, despite it being a terrain oriented team.

:raichu-alola: Raichu-Alola is a fun Pokémon to use. After all my time using it, I noticed that people switch, fearing Rising Voltage quite often. Which gave me the idea to use Nasty Plot. You can change this set around to how you please, but I've had the most success with the movespread of Rising Voltage, Nasty Plot, Substitute, and Surf. Substitute is to fake out Kingambit, or to enable Raichu to get a free Nasty Plot up after a Rotom-Wash or Zapdos Volt Switches out. Wise Glasses is to boost Special Attacks, can be replaced with Life Orb. Doesn't matter too much because it gets a lot of its strength from either Nasty Plot or Terastalizing. It can act as a great mid to late game sweeper, especially when Ground types are weakened. Surf helps with Landorus-Therian,

Here are some replays that I have.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1861198722
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1860823838
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1861201391

Edit:
The last replay is my last game on the NatDex ladder, which brought me to Top 5. And here is a screenshot of my main alt, Spectre Ace, as #5 on the ladder.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Double Pursuit = Double The Fun
1683814760066.png1683814804603.png1683814807742.png1683814763483.png1683815316260.png1683814768484.png

Team Breakdown :
:Medicham-Mega: Medicham's Purpose is to murder everything in it's path, It's the main stall breaker on the team OHKOing half the Defensive OU Cast (After Fake Out) including : Clodsire (If Zen Headbutt hits) , Ferrothorn, Heatran, Rotom-Wash (After SR/ Fake Out) , Tornadus-T (After Fake Out and Hurricane Miss) and Toxapex (After Fake Out and SR)
:weavile: Weavile is the Fast Pursuit Trapper of the team being outsped only by Dragapult , Zamazenta , Mega-Lopunny and Tapu Koko (and some RU mons). Weavile Traps mons like Gholdengo and Dragapult (Dragapult does outspeed and KO Weavile so it's probably going to be a Ice Shard prediction) Weavile also traps mons who are at low hp, Lastly Weavile is the main option for Ground / Grass / Flying Types OHKOing mons like Garchomp , Lando-T and Dragonite.

:Kingambit: Kingambit Is the slower but Bulkier Pursuit Trapper. Kingambit is a great mid/late game cleaner especially since Sucker Punch murders basically anything that dies resist Dark. This Kingambit also has 252 speed EVs so it can outspeed opposing Kingambit's and kill them with Low Kick

:gholdengo: Gholdengo is great being able to block Defog and Rapid Spin meaning Garchomp's Stealth Rocks can stay on the field. Another reason to like Gholdengo is because it can completely nullify Stall mons with Trick. Lastly Gholdengo has great options like Make It Rain for Fairy Types , Shadow Ball hitting Ghost/Psychic Types and Focus Blast for Dark/Steel mons

:garchomp: Garchomp is the SR setter and the Electric Immunity of the team. Garchomp Prioritizes Getting SR up and nuking a mon with his STAB Dragonium Z Outrage like : Lando-T , Gliscor , Zapdos R-Wash and Dragonite. Garchomp is also excellent for killing mons like Clodsire , Gholdengo , Kingambit , Heatran and Toxapex.

:Rotom-wash: Last but not least Rotom-wash, Rotom-wash is the Defogger of this team due to it having Will o' Wisp to cripple Physical Attackers and Volt Switch meaning it can keep momentum going. Rotom-wash also has Hydro Pump meaning u can kill mons like Great Tusk , Lando-T , Gliscor Heatran and Volcarona (if it doesn't miss).

Matchups of Note:
  • Lele is a huge threat hitting 4/6 mons with Super Effective Moves, The best course of action is to make sure Gholdengo lives and try to KO it with a Make It Rain (U can also change Rotom-wash's Tera Type to Steel).
  • This team is not completely weak to Rain but it might struggle sometimes, luckily enough some good Pivoting with Rotom-wash and alot of priority moves does help it.
  • Mega-Lopunny is also a pretty big problem due to scrappy turning the immunity to Fighting into a Weakness but Rotom-wash and Garchomp can take it on.
  • Garganacl is quite good against this team due to hitting Salt Cure dealing 25% against Kingambit ,Gholdengo and Rotom-wash additionally it is Super Effective against Weavile, the best course of action against Garganacl is to go into Garchomp and use Earthquake / Dragonium Z.

Some Calcs:
:Medicham-mega:
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garganacl: 390-462 (96.5 - 114.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 390-458 (110.7 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ting-Lu: 404-476 (78.5 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 234-276 (76.9 - 90.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Fake Out is 12.8% - 15.4%)

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Torkoal: 186-219 (54.2 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Clodsire: 654-770 (140.9 - 165.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 452-534 (117 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 244-288 (58 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:weavile:
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 234-279 (65 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Clodsire: 834-990 (180.1 - 213.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 236-278 (74.4 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 582-690 (180.1 - 213.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 388-460 (92.3 - 109.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 588-696 (153.9 - 182.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tornadus-Therian: 666-792 (183.9 - 218.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:Kingambit:
252+ Atk Kingambit Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kingambit: 420-496 (123.1 - 145.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 2 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 338-398 (104.6 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Black Glasses Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gholdengo: 324-384 (102.8 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Black Glasses Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 392-464 (123.6 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:gholdengo:
252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Garganacl: 308-366 (76.2 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 338-398 (106.6 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Diancie: 436-516 (143.4 - 169.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 354-416 (125.9 - 148%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:Garchomp:
252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 322-381 (99.6 - 117.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Rotom-Wash: 214-253 (70.3 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers

252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tornadus-Therian: 372-438 (102.7 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zapdos: 354-417 (110.2 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:Rotom-Wash:
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Garganacl: 192-228 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers

0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 216-254 (61 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 410-486 (110.5 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 296-350 (77.4 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Stall for Dummies
1684227994391.png1684228035241.png1684228070046.png1684228098913.png1684228117059.png1684228167118.png
Team Breakdown:
:Blissey:Everyone saw it coming the Queen of Stall everyone's favorite Pink Blob : Blissey. Blissey is the main Special Wall Due to her Huge HP and Good Sp Def Blissey can take almost every Special Attack and spam Toxic against them , with a Wish Set she can heal her Teammates or with a Teleport Set keep momentum going.

:Clefable:Clefable is the Main Win Condition due to her Calm Mind Set but with Unaware to catch people of guard. Clefable is also the only Dark Resist and a Excellent Unaware Mon, With the introduction to Tera Types she can enhance her performance even more by using Tera Water/Steel.

:Clodsire:Clodsire is the main Unaware Mon and Sets up Spikes against those who can't break through her, With Tera Dark Clodsire becomes Immune to Psychic and Neutral against Ground (Her 2 Weaknesses). Additionally Clodsire can Remove T-Spikes (Before Tera)

:Sableye-mega:Sableye is a very good Stall Mon due to Magic Bounce and Prankster (Pre Mega Evolution), Magic Bounce prevents Hazard Setup against him and a immunity to Status. Prankster is also a very big problem for certain Setup Pokemons due to Prankster + Encore and due to this u shouldn't Mega Evolve Early.

:Toxapex:Standard Pex set Spam Scalds to Burn Mons use Toxic to deal alot of damage click Haze against Setup Sweepers and use Recover to Shrug it off additionally Regenerator allows Toxapex to heal when it's in a pinch

:gliscor:Last But not least : Gliscor. Gliscor is the Defogger of this team and also a great stall Mon due to Toxic Heal + Roost and good Defensive Stats. Additionally Gliscor is a great option to keep momentum going.

(Warning if you expect actual good results search again this team is not that good)

Last edited:
My Signature Starter Squad with 3 favourite Starters - Peak at 1699

Hey Guys. I am back again in gen 9 National Dex OU with another starter squad + 3 other mons. I just hit my peak in gen 9 National Dex and was keen to hit top 500 and I managed to squeeze into top 500 with this. My peak is at 1699 in gen 9 National Dex OU after initally peaking and breaking into top 500 at 1659. The squad consists of my 3 favourite starters - Mega Sceptile, Feraligatr and Infernape along with Zeraora, Kinggambit and Togekiss. Mega Sceptile provides speed control, blocking volt switch albeit risky and helps revenging Mega Lopunny, Ash-Gren, Tapu Koko, Dragapult and a chipped Zamazenta. Dragon Pulse is dragon stab, Leaf storm is an occasional nuke and does solid damage and has a good chance to KO several mons, if its super effective. Giga Drain is for recovery and Focus Blast is for steels like Heatran, Kinggambit. Earthquake with naive nature is another option to hit Heatran harder without risking focus blast alongside hidden power fire for Mega Scizor but I felt I can take care of Mega Scizor with the rest of the team. Feraligatr is 4 attacks with adamant and not DD bc Feraligatr's speed is not optimal enough at +1 and with jolly it misses out on certain kos or 2hkoes and aqua jet is there for Volcarona, Blacepheon and a weakened scarf Lando. HP investment on Feraligatr with speed allows to outspeed base 70s at neutral and take some physical hits well with its reasonablly good physical bulk. Infernape is SD with rocks as it can pressure some defoggers like Zapdos thinking they can defog but with SD + Inferno Overdrive it can get rid of Zapdos. After 2 SD's with blaze range, Inferno overdrive gets rid of Tapu Fini as well. Close Combat is obvious as a secondary stab and Infernape if healthy allows me to check Kinggambit.

Zeraora is another secondary form of speed control and with taunt + 3 attacks, its able to dishout damage and with a very fast taunt, it can block opposing rockers or webbers and even set up sweepers thinking they can set up on Zera and win. Plasma and CC are obvious with play rough to hit dragons and Kommo-o (because ladder loves Z move Kommo-o so much and I want to stop it from omni-boosting). Zeraora also blocks volt switch and is a form of electric immunity. Kingambit is a hybrid of bulk and power and can work as mid-game wall breaker and late game cleaner with sucker punch. Of course, the mind games are annoying but its still doable if played correctly. Togekiss is the stall breaker and a menace to the fat cores of an opponents. With Air Slash, Nasty Plot, Roost and Heal Bell its able to dominate fat 1 vs 1 and provides good utility to the team switching into Rillaboom when needed.

https://pokepast.es/d271e064152b0ed9

The squad

1684408964167.png
1684408990866.png
1684409009337.png
1684409031344.png
1684409053182.png
1684409113790.png

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1873491266-sl0wczd0or9xrwwdtvxsig12140exm1pw- Proof of Peak
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1866298840-tbahgxyappvuwe9x129ahgrwf18av38pw - Initial Peak entry into top 500
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1873467684-mpbyc22byrrmt1l0e8ibtv1xlvicx70pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1864239332-hsq3n625r7zo1knqwfgnodl04syi1zqpw -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1864237554-nzpbavkqe9rdtl2pqkje6sgqo42mdqzpw - vs webs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1863885920-nerglmg950b8tz5kpt5ulgpcmqw4qj9pw - vs rain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1863872880-8ga4w01igtq13ldtmd9f8h8ksd6krjapw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1831293819-dxjho9sxgf0mrwvxcmntt1jcz35713hpw - vs sand
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1831291921-83thl9455efvxrvig9rim8wbkzhoxb0pw - vs sun
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1840012155-81zcuocglqofzew84y162zt1i9r8t23pw - vs stall/fat togekiss 6-0s
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1806477959-oib1xd8yyrmfei85m1vcvg8pgkva6qbpw vs stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1807597568-09b45b9zcmurenbo1p5bt8ke9okf48zpw vs hyper offence
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1835688664-cqz2k80rdcy7n4m1rqw3nggplknvvyppw -vs trick room
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1849104093-z0p3ocrnac97hen87m8yyj59k0ffz4lpw vs stall

Proof of Peak at 1699 - Overridden

Screenshot 2023-05-29 233008.png
Screenshot 2023-05-29 232846.png

Proof of Peak at 1659 - Initial Peak

Screenshot 2023-05-18 164656.png

Screenshot 2023-05-18 172643.png

I was experimenting with another version of the team with Empoleon, Thundurus-Therian and Scream Tail in the other slots. Empoleon was the steel type with defog and shuca to screw over Mega Swampert in rain, Thundy-T was the electric type with electric immunity plus the ability to break through several fatter mons with nasty plot and fightinium Z. Scream tail is a bulky win con with high speed in several scenarios. The paste of the team here - https://pokepast.es/2fb62511897ae911

and 3 replays with it -

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1861343294-aw1s1v08f0clw9pfav5l5oiyz58u7fhpw vs hyper offence
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1861345663-uz6mzxv8mp0tewfir3kb4d04sn7itxfpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1861334409-m4m3u2o15k74avzgjwn78qg0se51u3tpw vs rain

Last edited:
Rain double gene peak 1705

Is a team I was building after i saw the immense power of rain and started building with one of probably "under rated" rain abuser Thundurus therian with nasty plot, 100% accurate thunders (that hit way harder then zapdos) and exelent covreg in Weather ball i though wold be a great wallkbreaker vs water types that annoy rain team wile Weather Ball would hit common groudon types like great tusk and landorus t and the last slot was reserve to focus blast to hit pokemon that resist those 2 moves like ferrothorn and also hit blissey very hard. The second pick after the obligatory pelipper for rain support (on wich in run Hurricane over defog because of my next pick and also can surprise a grass type like tangrowth) so the next pick was Tornadus-Therian with his exelent speed tier no miss Hurricane because of rain and defog support and Aldo help because diden't wana use thundurus therian as my only grass swich in vs something like Rillaboom and also help software up the opponent with knock off for the next rain abures ... Mega swampert with his high attack and rain boosted Waterfall and flip turn to bring out Tornadus-Therian vs grass types that would resist his stab wile having a very powerfull eq to hit water resist like toxapex and over all solid bulk to swich in to threats like tyrannitar and the last slot as the utility from Stealth Rocks. Last 2 slot where reserve for two steel types that benefici from the rain ... the first is ferrothorn wich has an exelent defensive Type with rain weekening his fire Weakness and many flyng types to take on close combats aim at him the move chosen are t wave to slow down fast thereats like dragapult or choise scarfers that would out speed swampert or boosters like dd dragonite, this also makes Waterfall flinch rate very nasty. Leech Seed to mantain ferrothorn healfy and his 2 stabs of power whip to hit other waters like rotom wash and iron head (chosen over gyro ball because is more consistent at hitting something like clefable and kyurem wile Gyro Ball would get pp stall out) and fot the last but not least youre favorire 50/50 king ... kingambit that also gets his fire Weakness cut in half by rain so can even more easly swich in to dragapult not even fearing a choise specs Flamethrower and persuiting it out wile can pursuit other annoyng pokemon for rain to deal with like water Absorb cloadsire for huge damage and tornadus helping with fighting types. Overall had much fun with this team ... now let's hope a funny fish with last respect doesen't run that

Now for some threats that where hard to deal with:
:ss/buzzwole: :sv/clodsire:

Fat cores create problems for this team like water Absorb cload walls thundu t and tera water or super bulky tanks like buzzwole are also a pain because they can sit on swampert and chip it with rocky elmet and they can also pack other problems like chansey and toxapex

:ss/Rotom-Wash:

Rotom is very annoyng because takes on mega swampert and burns everything with Will-O-Wisp and the only electric immunity that doesen't fear a burn to block volt swich on the team thundu t doesen't wana swich in to hydro pump exspecialy if rain is up

:ss/Thundurus-Therian: :ss/Tornadus-Therian:
:ss/Pelipper: :sm/swampert-mega: :ss/ferrothorn:
:sv/kingambit:

And finaly here is the team: https://pokepast.es/687a62aa00a1a3f2

And proof of peak:

Screenshot_20230511-165016_Samsung Internet.jpg

Replay vs screens:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1861867372

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
:regidrago::diancie-mega::kingambit::great-tusk::dragapult::hydreigon:
(regi)drag spam

do you like using dragon dance pult? do you like clicking dragon dance in general? well do i have news for you because this team is fucking hilarious and it's farming wins for me somehow

members:

regidrago - he clicks dragon dance. he has absurd bulk. he can probably clean most teams since nobody likes using corv in this metagame at all. really loves the breaking support of diancie/pult and kingambit's ability to snipe opposing gambit w/ low kick since priority is annoying as hell for it. i like poison > steel because poison lets me still check tran if i need to pop the tera early, and the cc resist is pretty nice against stuff like urshifu or lopunny. lum is great b/c it gives me leverage into status while ensuring confusion isn't too annoying a factor to deal with, thus giving me room to run outrage

diancie - nice offensive spiker, generally good at popping open pex balances. mbounce is useful for deflecting status you since you want to preserve your lum usually, but it also keeps hazards off which is mostly useful for hydreigon/drago which thread the needle w/ ranges into kingambit moves. otherwise i rly like the bruiser profile that diancie's type and mixed offenses provides for the team

kingambit - your usual 4 attacks set. i like low kick > iron head because we have obscene fairy pressure anyway, and low kick has the ability to snipe kingambit. i've found sub > pursuit is fine too since being able to force safe damage is really useful into stuff like lopunny, but pursuit is really most useful for ensuring you don't get deleted by scarf tapu lele which is a massive pestilence for this team

great tusk - prefer this over lando because i like ice spinner and rapid spin generally more on this structure. spikes r really important for pult and drago and defog just kinda removes them! tusk is pretty great though, decent pocket win condition and a good way to hold off lopunny/gambit from putting down too much pressure for comfort

dragapult - usual pult set, but i put on fire blast > sub because mega scizor is annoying as balls. the combined pressure of pult and drago is pretty freaky and i wanted to work with it

hydreigon - not your usual hydra, but offensive rocks is super nice on this team imo, esp w/ flash cannon in the back in case your pressure goes awry and so you aren't as reliant on drago for your tera. the life orb dark pulse/draco stings steels like hell which is nice for pult and drago as well. quake immunity is nifty too so you aren't farmed by eq spam

the kokovaliant matchup, you ask? say ur prayers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)