National Dex General Information and Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that certain Pokemon do not have their hidden abilities yet, but shouldn't Pokemon that are in USUM have access to their hidden abilities? Like, Cinderace shouldn't have Libero, and Clefable can't have unaware in Galar, but shouldn't Clefable be allowed to have unaware in national dex? It gets unaware in USUM, and since all USUM Pokemon are available, unaware Clefable should be available.

Am I missing something? Is this perhaps an error on the ladder?

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
When are we getting Nat Dex random battles?
Every random battle mon has to get set conditions made from scratch. Even if progress were to start right now it would take a good multiple weeks, and I don't think people have actually begun making sets yet.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I understand that certain Pokemon do not have their hidden abilities yet, but shouldn't Pokemon that are in USUM have access to their hidden abilities? Like, Cinderace shouldn't have Libero, and Clefable can't have unaware in Galar, but shouldn't Clefable be allowed to have unaware in national dex? It gets unaware in USUM, and since all USUM Pokemon are available, unaware Clefable should be available.

Am I missing something? Is this perhaps an error on the ladder?
Hey, what's the consensus on Ditto being able to Dynamax while transformed into a Mega-Evolved mon? Initially it seems unfair to me.
These are both bugs that will hopefully be fixed soon

What makes certain Pokemon Unreleased vs Illegal?
Unreleased mons are just that, unreleased. Which is to say there's no way to legitimately obtain them in game yet. Illegal mons are either banned or impossible (conflict between moves and/or abilities, or it simply knows moves it shouldn't).

Unreleased mons are just that, unreleased. Which is to say there's no way to legitimately obtain them in game yet. Illegal mons are either banned or impossible (conflict between moves and/or abilities, or it simply knows moves it shouldn't).
Ah, ok. I was just a little confused, since I got data like types for Unreleased but got a banned icon for Illegal. Thanks.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason the room on PS is currently private? I admittedly know nothing of the process that makes a room private or public or whatever, but I think a public room would be great for exposure of the metagame and the private room isn't super active. It's a damn shame because this is by far my favorite Gen 8 metagame and I want it explored to it's highest potential.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason the room on PS is currently private? I admittedly know nothing of the process that makes a room private or public or whatever, but I think a public room would be great for exposure of the metagame and the private room isn't super active. It's a damn shame because this is by far my favorite Gen 8 metagame and I want it explored to it's highest potential.
Iirc all new rooms start out as private. I don’t know the process of becoming public though.

Very hypothetical question: if I have a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl and the opponent switched out a Pokemon that was asleep to a Pokemon that isn't asleep, will I violate sleep clause by using G-Max snooze?

Do we need to start playing NDOU for it to be considered "interest"? Without tiering and with dynamax still there someone like me would have little appetite for it. But I would love to play NatDex once that changes.

When do we talk about letting items (ie. megas and Z-crystals) transfer over? Will this discussion resume only after the Dynamax suspect test is finished?

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There's already natdex AG. Between that and Ubers, only one was permitted existence.
So, just confirming, is that "there's no way National Dex Ubers will happen" or "National Ubers probably won't happen due to AG already existing"? Because, between Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Mega Rayquaza, Moody, Baton Pass, and even possibly other bans like Dynamax due to Xerneas and others, those two play quite differently, although I would assume due to both kinda assuming the "less restrictive meta" meta position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)