Need Your Opinion on This.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/337203099.html

is it worth the buy? I could low-ball him and offer 50. I've never owned a 64. the major reasons I would be getting it are for the two zelda games, Super Mario 64, and Mario Kart. To a lesser extent, Starfox and Goldeneye.

Assuming the system works, which it probably does, is this a good buy? 4 controllers, so Mario Kart is instantly usable.

Or, should I just not waste the money on an obsolete system, and save for a Wii, which I'll be able to play any and all Zelda games on (for a small price), as well as pretty much everything else on that list (excluding Goldeneye most likely).

On the other hand, this is a good collector's piece I'd imagine. One of the best systems ever as well as a handful of its greatest games ever all for a reasonable price.

So, I ask you smogon. Yay or Nay?

edit: i just graduated from college, so i have a good amount of money. i can afford to spare 50-70 of it to get this if you guys think it is a good enough idea.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
well 50 wouldnt be a big loss anyway

and goldeneye and star fox 64 are definitely games I'd play again.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
www.cheapassgamer.com

check it out for strategies and shit for getting cheap ass games, that said from my experience $50 is a ton just because yard sales you can get all that for a CIF offer of like $8, but you have to get lucky, its up to you but I say yes. Also it looks like 3 controllers and a steering wheel.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
can the steering wheel be used for a 4th controller for mariokart though? I wouldn't know. I doubt it can be used for goldeneye, which is ok, since mariokart is a better party game anyway.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
For anyone who remembers this past summer, my PS2 motor burnt out and I ordered a new one on EBay and got ripped off for $70. I ended up spending another $120 for a used one at EBGames.

$50 is sand off a beach for that package, I vote Yea. But save up for Wii as well anyways.

Seems like a pretty decent deal for all it comes with.

In my opinion Perfect Dark is vastly superior to Goldeneye.

I'd say try to offer 50, although if you lived close to me, I could probably sell you all of that for less lol. My little brother has over 20 N64 games, and I play a lot of them still. Endless fun =)

I'd say yay for the 50. Honestly, you can get it way cheaper at yard sales. For me, it's not too hard to find since I live in the ghetto lol....=D

I certainly would buy that, that sounds like a great deal especially with all the games. The wheel thing could probably be used for mario kart, but I would buy another controller too, seeing as how they are quite cheap.

dude, the n4 is a must have system and the only bad game in that lot was the star wars one. i would definitely take that for 50 if i didnt already have them

I give it a yeah. N64 is one of the most kick as systems. Goldeneye, mario cart, supermario, mario party 1 are some of the best party games. That is a good deal since the system it self at game stop is prolly 50. Plus OoT is the zelda game. It changed the way all adventure games were made its defintely worth the buy. Me and my friends still play n64 all the time.

the vc games on the wii are cool but def not as good as playing the game on the original consol. And its alway since to just have an n6 anyway. Its such an ill system and that is such a good deal.

Dude, if you come down on Saturday, you can have my N64, 2 controllers, Mario Kart, and Zelda 64 OoT for whatever you want to give me. Twenty bucks? I don't give a crap, I don't even own a TV to play it on. Hell, if you walked away with it for free I wouldn't really bat an eye...

So yeah, I vote no, because you can just have mine for cheap or free. I don't need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)