new metalheads thread

Heard it, just downloaded it and heard it.

Listening to sleep's dopesmoker for the first time. it's fucking epic.
If godzilla got stoned and walked across the city then sleep's dopesmoker is what it would sound like.
Holy Mountain is much better, imo. Dopesmoker isn't bad, but it isn't as good as I hoped it would be.

I'v heard both and each has it's own merit/demerit I wouldn't rate holy mountain higher then dopesmoker but I wouldn't rate it vice versa either. They are both good in their won way. Just got hold of agalloch's discography. Going to hit that next...

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My interests in metal have really changed over this last year or so. Currently I'm really only listening to:

Animals as Leaders
Between the Buried and Me
Opeth
Scale the Summit
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Tool

Lots of good instrumentation in all of these bands, which is what I'm really into right now. If anyone knows of some other really good instrumental metal bands, please enlighten me. I've got both Liquid Tension Experiment albums and I also really like Russion Circles, although they aren't really a metal band.

My interests in metal have really changed over this last year or so. Currently I'm really only listening to:

Animals as Leaders
Between the Buried and Me
Opeth
Scale the Summit
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Tool

Lots of good instrumentation in all of these bands, which is what I'm really into right now. If anyone knows of some other really good instrumental metal bands, please enlighten me. I've got both Liquid Tension Experiment albums and I also really like Russion Circles, although they aren't really a metal band.
Get hold of all of Cloudkicker's stuff NOW!!!!

Lamb Of God puts on some pretty damn good live performances. Randy Blythe is incredible.

Blacken The Cursed Sun
Laid To Rest
Redneck
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Again We Rise
Walk With Me In Hell
and my favorite, Black Label
Like Pantera but worse. Randy is tied with Phil Anselmo for my least favorite vocalist in metal. I'll take Phil over Randy though, at least Power Metal was catchy and Phil actually "sung" and didn't resort angst screams.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
also, new septic flesh:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWkOstDCjpo
can't wait, hope the whole album is more "Lovecraft's Death"
I loved Septic Flesh's last album, so I'm looking forward to this one as well, especially after hearing that song. Hearing the full Symphony and Choir providing the dissonant harmony to the vocals and jarring riffs just creates a really strong musical experience.

i saw this in some dudes signature and even before i clicked the link i was like "i bet this is from the metalheads thread, other music genres dont inspire this level of lameness" and i was right.
sad but true.
In other news, Red Fang's new single, Wires, is out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loKg4HBxqaQ
red fang are stoner rock but god damn they are good. really looking forward to the new album.

also if anyone can recommend me any doom similar to warning it would be very much appreciated.

New darkest hour is respectable, I enjoyed it but I really have nothing to compare it to so could someone rec the best darkest hour album out there?

Im really excited about new opeth and meshuggah but both are far away :/
Listening to we are the void. I still think fiction is better...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)