new metalheads thread

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Iron Maiden are releasing a compilation album, with songs from the 90's and 2000's.
As someone whose first album they ever bought was Powerslave by Iron Maiden and has loved them ever since, I can tell you straight up: No one gives a solitary fuck.

i'm not a guitarist, but why is every good guitarist whom everybody wants to be is doomed to be "overrated"?

and you could've at least posted some links for converge. =/

Jane Doe is by far the most complete Converge song (and best/most interesting to me for that reason). It is the capstone on their only good album...

Being snide about Converge being metal or not is fucking stupid. This is not a band who is halfassing their way through pop sounds like Linkin Park or something.

yea, listen to Jane Doe, it's their best by a fuckin' huge margin.

I haven't listened to a lot of metal lately, but Lost in Violence by Essence is an excellent thrash metal album (released in 2011).

i'm not a guitarist, but why is every good guitarist whom everybody wants to be is doomed to be "overrated"?
or you know, i could be saying he's overrated because he is overrated

i'm not saying he isn't good or anything but people worship him and ignore all the fucking amazing musicians that were in Death (Steve Digorgio, Gene Hoglan, Chris Reifert, etc)
on their (converge) only good album...
excuse me

and while we're on 2011 albums, my buddy showed me The Agent That Shapes The Desert by Virus, and I gotta say that it's really solid. I'd probably classify it as experimental metal or something idk. The vocals didn't exactly click with me at first but I'm over that. Great album, I recommend checking it out along with Trap Them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcAumNK6r-I

dat bassline

In no particular order:

Opeth
Therion
Bathory
Celtic Frost (early stuff)
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Judas Priest
Death
Megadeth (Rust in Peace > *)
Bloodbath
Dream Theater (some stuff)
Metallica (pre-90s)
Morbid Angel (some stuff)

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
no, but seriously, recent (kinda) metal album, orbs - asleep next to science is excellent, it has one of the BTBAM guys, amongst others and is a great listen.

also, lamb of god almost came to shanghai, but ended up only going to beijing because this government likes to fuck things up.

other stuff -
alcest
la dispute (hardcore, but w/e excellent)
mewithoutyou (same thing as ^)
terror
every time i die
he is legend (whut, decent metalcore?)

got more, may post later

oh yeah, and BKC - best lamb of god songs imo are - walk with me in hell and redneck, groove metal hell yeah.

scored tickets for the last two days of Maryland Deathfest, if they don't show up in the mail HEADS ARE GONNA FUCKING ROLL

bands playing those two days:

VOIVOD
EXHORDER
DOOM
IMPALED NAZARENE
HAIL OF BULLETS
NUNSLAUGHTER
INQUISITION
HOODED MENACE
DROPDEAD
CIANIDE
ACID WITCH
AVULSED
BLOOD FREAK
DEVOURMENT
THE KILL
CRETIN
DEFEATED SANITY
MAMMOTH GRINDER
CREATIVE WASTE
INNUMERABLE FORMS
MASAKARI
CORONER
NUCLEAR ASSAULT
DEATH BREATH
LOCK UP
ORANGE GOBLIN
GHOST
REPUGNANT
CITIZENS ARREST
DEAD CONGREGATION
LAST DAYS OF HUMANITY
BASTARD NOISE
WORMED
MALIGNANT TUMOUR
NOKTURNEL
GRAVEHILL
NIGHTBRINGER
BAD ACID TRIP
OAK
VISCERAL DISGORGE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)