Newark Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday: After coming back from the hospital from meeting my new niece I headed over to Mitchell’s house. After getting there I learned that he still had 5 pokemon left to EV train. On top of that, Mitchell is very slow at EVing and is easily distracted. We left for Mitchell’s friend’s house later that night to pick up the #CSmugs shirt. When we got back Mitchell got back to EVing and I EVed one of his mons and tutored a move on one of 3lmo’s. We saw a VGC tournament starting on PO so we entered. This was quite the interesting tourney. First Round: My opponent doesn’t have a VGC so he forfeits, Mitchell’s opponent isn’t there so he wins. Second Round: My guy is using Articuno64’s team and I 4-0, Mitchell’s opponent doesn’t show up. Third Round: My opponent is MIA, Mitchell was about to lose but his opponent D/Ced so Mitchell won. I believe this was also the round that the broken script didn’t put BadIntent into the next round. Fourth Round: My guy isn’t there again, Mitchell wins his match something like 2-0. Finals: Me and Mitchell disallow spectators. I attack his mons and he attacks his mons. He also gets 8 protects off in a row. I win 4-0. I AM CHAMP. I go to sleep and Mitchell continues with EVing.

Saturday: We wake up around 6 to get ready. We leave at 7 and Mitchell still has two mons left to EV in the car. We drive about an hour and pick up 3lmo in Delaware. 3lmo EVs one of Mitchells pokes and I check to make sure that he EVed correctly. He had a few tweaks and had to get all of the moves on his pokes. We watched Hot Rod as Mitchell finished. We were scheduled to get there around 10:00 but a wrong turn into NYC landed us there at 10:30. We got out of the car and got in the back of the line. We saw Expert Evan and his son about 20 spots ahead of us. They were letting some people in to wait in line inside. We were the last ones not allowed to wait inside and waited there til 1. We saw DragonFE and TDS get off of the bus and get in line. I tried to stare down TDS and even texted him, but he didn't respond. Probably scared of my power. Then we noticed TDS and DragonFE go inside and cut in line. THOSE FUCKERS. While we were waiting we took turns holding our place in line and going to check out what it was like. We introduced ourselves to EE as he was walking by. Originally i thought he was kinda weird cause of his age, but all in all he was a cool guy. Then later we met M4gnitude, from youtube. He was a really cool guy. He asked Mitchell to tally his shirt, but Mitchell instead wrote #CSmugs on the back. He also invited us back to his hotel room after the tournament to meet a school of swedish girls that was staying at his hotel. Also while waiting, a skimpy little guy walked up to us and showed us the Falcon's symbol asked if we had seen anyone else with that symbol walking around. We asked him who he was and he replied, "Pokethan, 2009 Philadelphia Champion." We told him were TDS and DFE went and he ran off like he was a man on a mission. We get in the building around 1:30. We start talking to a guy behind us who lurks on Smogon and Shoddy, his name was TheGames0va. He was a cool guy, unfortunately he lost early as well. We see a skimpy little guy in a black shirt waiting in line. I assume weakness, but i check his power level just to be safe. IT WAS OVER 9000. This had to be pkmnmstr BlueCookies. So we said hey and i covertly snapped a photo of his team sheet. We got registered at 2 and I made sure to get infront of Mitchell and 3lmo so I could get the match-up against the 9-year old Mexican kid.
My Team: If you can get the relation between the nicknames, props to you

Hitmontop***Phife @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
IVs:31/31/31/3/31/19
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Detect
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Ho-Oh***Q-Tip @ Passho Berry
Trait: Pressure
IVs: 31/30/31/15/31/31
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 Spd / 44 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Protect
- Roost

Palkia***Ali @ Haban Berry
Trait: Pressure
IVs: 31/19/31/30/30/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Hydro Pump

Ludicolo***Jarobi @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
IVs: 31/24/31/31/31/30
EVs: 220 HP / 156 Def / 132 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Grass Knot

Blissey @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Natural Cure
IVs: 31/4/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect
- Softboiled

Charmander @ Charti Berry
Trait: Blaze
IVs:
EVs:
- Scratch
- Growl

Whoever was in, Blissey or Ludicolo, would be holding the leftovers, the other two held Ho-Oh’s back up items. I decided to add Blissey into my team about three days before the tournament, mainly from seeing Alaka’s success with it. Once again, Thank you to DragonFE for giving me Stingray_Spin’s awesome seismic toss Blissey. Also, I ran 19 speed IVs on hitmontop so that he would have exactly 84 speed and therefore be faster than all base 90's in TR.

Matches:

Round 1 vs. Little Mexican Kid (Dragonair, Garchomp, Typhlosion, ???)
Ho-Oh took out Dragonair and Palkia took out everyone else.
2-0 Win

Round 2 vs. Annoying Kid (Mewtwo, Smeargle, Scizor, Blissey)
Waiting in like I could hear that this kid had the most annoying voice I have ever heard. He even left during the battle to get a water bottle from his mom. First turn of the match we both send out your leads. He sees my shiny leads, he raises his hand, the judge comes over and he says “This guy hacked.” The guys told him that they will handle that at the end of the match. His dark void misses my Hitmontop, even though it had a Lum. He raises his hand again. He says the the judge “You never disqualified him for his hacked pokemon.” The judge once again told him that they handle it at the end of the match. After I 4-0 him, Marriland comes over and checks both of our games and we’re both clean. The kid then argues with Marriland about how its not possible that I could have a shiny legendary. Marriland says that its hard but he might have been very patient. He storms off and doesn’t accept my handshake
4-0 Win

Round 3 vs. Hawaiian Guy (Latio, Giratina, Tyranitar, Kyogre)
Video Number: 67-49391-41671
When I saw his leads I felt good because my leads destroy Giratina and the intimidate used up his Latio’s White Herb. I had seen the Jap regional that won with this team so I knew he was gonna protect Shadow Force first turn. I sucker Punch Giratina and go for the Brave Bird. He keep using Substitute and Shadow Force so I can’t kill his latios. I’m now down 4-2 and I have Palkia and Blissey out. His giratina had just come back in and hadn’t picked a move for his scarf yet. I toxic Kyogre and special rend Giratina. But wait, His Giratina uses SAFEGUARD. Damn….. His tyranitar goes on to kill my blissey and his latios finishes off my palkia. I have no excuses for losing, he out played me. He was a good guy and we shook hands and we went on to get top 16. I just wish I had used my Stall ludicolo, I would have won the match.
3-0 Loss

I meet up with Mitchell who got out Round 2 (He can tell you all about it). We meet some cool people (TDS, FiveK, Vash, BlueCookies, JTK, etc.) After 3lmo makes it to the finalists lounge we walk to Chipotle. Me and Mitchell watch 3lmo make it to the top 32 and unfortunately lose to Chalkey. We stay and watch matches until the finals. Some interesting stuff happens along the way. Some guy comes up to Mitchell and asks him who designed his chode shirt and then says that he is going to contact Mitchell’s friend to get a shirt designed. The funny part is that he told Mitchell a very detailed description of what he wanted on shirt without even thinking, as though it was planned. He said he wanted an Anime version of himself, standing on a cliff with waves crashing into the cliff and Misty, Crahser Wake, and Brock looking up at him like he was a god. Mitchell, 3lmo, and I get interviewed by M4gnitude. We then head out and drive 3 hours back to Baltimore.

Props:
Meeting people who were cool in real life(I thought Chalkey and Serendipity were going to be fat white guys)
3lmo getting to top 32
Getting to 4-0 my second round guy
Losing to a good person

Slops:
Losing Round 3
No ChodeSmugglers qualifying
Seeing my first round guy on the verge of tears.
Using Blissey over Ludicolo

"Meeting people who were cool in real life(I thought Chalkey and Serendipity were going to be fat white guys)"

bro I love you

Mmm, I was going to attend Newark, but by some twist of fate my trip there got delayed by a full week. >_<

You are all lucky, too, because I have no ubers, use Spinda, and still pwn. =)

So, who won the Newark?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good writeup Duke as it looks like the same team I faced back in March in Alaka's tourney. Hope you had a good time at least.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
We see a skimpy little guy in a black shirt waiting in line. I assume weakness, but i check his power level just to be safe. IT WAS OVER 9000. This had to be pkmnmstr BlueCookies. So we said hey and i covertly snapped a photo of his team sheet.
lololololol nice seeing you there duke, too bad you had high special attack but low speed :(

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
. The kid then argues with Marriland about how its not possible that I could have a shiny legendary. Marriland says that its hard but he might have been very patient. He storms off and doesn’t accept my handshake.
lolololololololololol1ol11lool1lo

Good job anyway bro. :)

aw I missed out on meeting you, your shiny opponent sounds like the random guy that was yellin to me that I should "make my own pokemon" lol Awesome report

aw I missed out on meeting you, your shiny opponent sounds like the random guy that was yellin to me that I should "make my own pokemon" lol Awesome report
Lol, it was kinda hard to meet the people that actually succeeded cuz they were too busy battling. Also, did you use to be known as MysteryMan or do you just look alot like him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)